Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

How Did You Get Your Nickname??? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Get Your Nickname??? (11106 Views)

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / How To Make Google Recognize Your Nickname As Artist . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Princelyon247(m): 10:46am On Feb 18, 2022
I got mine from friends classmates
They call me sunfrank
Then I call myself Peachy
So I now go by the name MC Peachy cos am into entertainment as a MC and a stand up comedian
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Bobloco: 10:46am On Feb 18, 2022
I am Bobloco, the one and only Bobloco

Adopted it during my stay in my home town
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2022
Blacky. my HOD gave me my nickname because of my skin colour.
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by BigDawsNet: 10:47am On Feb 18, 2022
Bigdaws

It means Dawson..

My colleagues in school gave me the name
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:51am On Feb 18, 2022
Nick name boku ooo,people call me quadman, some call me sugar because I'm very good with word,sugar Garcia because I sing well,my sec school guys call me Oracle because them I seem to have an idea about everything,and some call me, some call me alagbo now because I'm your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by ugodson(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2022
In school,most times my eyes just gets red on its own, without doing anything get gets back to white I noticed if I was in a hot place I will notice it myself that d eyes are turning red. They called me Cyclops

For those who was a fan of X-Men then,you will know what am talking about

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by makavellidon: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2022
illicit:
I have never got a real nickname tho because most people even when I was at school often call me by my real name or TP which is a mere abbreviation of my real name just like AY to Ayo but I hear other guys called names that has nothing to do with their christened names like 2bottle, Smart

Wiseguy

Hercules

Romeo

2finger wink

Waya Waya

Terry Dee

T money

Ratty
2men

1313 (Thirteen Thirteen) undecided

Mouth

Beyonce

J fire

Black King

Blac Chyna

Some even use those names on their Facebook, especially young adults

How did u get your Nickname and do you even like it?

Some people call me Honourable but it's not a nickname,. I was a speaker at uni.

I like it when my girl calls me baby, I can dash her my salary tongue
i got my nickname from 2pac music cos i love listenin to 2pac makavelli

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by thatsleepboy1: 11:00am On Feb 18, 2022
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by seunmohmoh(f): 11:01am On Feb 18, 2022
Mormor, Mo, momo, all gotten from momoore.
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by spencekat(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2022
From a movie
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Omniman(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2022
grin
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Karmaisme(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2022
bigpicture001:
I grew up with the news and became too interested in news, that way I have an idea on almost everything that there is... My guyz started calling me OGBOLOGBO.

And. Latter shortened it to OGBO!

I knew one "Ogbo" O.G.S Oro.

Are you?
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Karmaisme(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2022
Mine is Jan Koller, I got it from the way I play football when I was younger.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Hollumedeyyyy: 11:20am On Feb 18, 2022
Sorry for Eng Error... When I dey secondary school my Agric teacher told us to go and find
leaf and Botanical name, instead of that nah Turtles I go see, I took it to the class my Agric teacher gave me small mark for it.. Since then till now my frd still dey call me Turtles..( Ijapa) in Yoruba language..
illicit:
I have never got a real nickname tho because most people even when I was at school often call me by my real name or TP which is a mere abbreviation of my real name just like AY to Ayo but I hear other guys called names that has nothing to do with their christened names like 2bottle, Smart

Wiseguy

Hercules

Romeo

2finger wink

Waya Waya

Terry Dee

T money

Ratty
2men

1313 (Thirteen Thirteen) undecided

Mouth

Beyonce

J fire

Black King

Blac Chyna

Some even use those names on their Facebook, especially young adults

How did u get your Nickname and do you even like it?

Some people call me Honourable but it's not a nickname,. I was a speaker at uni.

I like it when my girl calls me baby, I can dash her my salary tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Kreme(m): 11:29am On Feb 18, 2022
BABALOYE- my nickname from birth, My mom said when she gave birth to me, I had no strand of hair on my head and in Yoruba Land before a person can be installed as a Chief ,he has to shave off the hair on his head...So the moment I'm out of my Mom's womb, one of the Women around Shouted "This is BABALOYE "and it stuck like glue. Till tomorrow only few people call me Adekunle

DAUNTLESS- I got this nickname from my sec. school days due to my Fearlessness and never say never attitude..

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Eberex(m): 11:30am On Feb 18, 2022
Well my name is Ebere and when I was in primary school I had a neighbour who i see as a big brother. He was the one who started calling me Ab. Eventhough the short form is Eby.
I accepted it and that was my name throughout, i even created a comic strip i primary school, and i called it AB-COMICS.
When i was in the university i got so many nicknames like KIWI, KEWU, KEWUKEWU, KILIWI (all these are cropped from my surname).

For now AB is my most recognized nickname and i love it
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Kreme(m): 11:31am On Feb 18, 2022
aloma007:
Through out my stay in Israel in the year 2000 where I went for heart surgery (cardiac), my matron calls me ID from the name Idris.
The Israelites finds it easier to call me Eddy because they thought the matron was calling Eddy while some of them who even knew the matron was calling ID still decided to stick to Eddy because they prefer to call me Eddy and that's how till today I am called Eddy by all friends, family members and associates.

RIP to the late Dr Ami Cohen, founder, SAVE A CHILD'S HEART FOUNDATION, WOLFSON HOSPITAL, TEL AVIV, ISRAEL..
Special thanks to UCH IBADAN and Madam Felicia, as well as surgery colleagues from Nigeria such as Banke, Bro Samson (operated with pacemaker), Godson Newman(now late), Blessing, Biola(now late) and my Ethiopian friends.

I hope to write a dedicated story to this journey one day.

Nice and bad experience to talk about in the future.
Clear!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Anny505(m): 11:42am On Feb 18, 2022
aloma007:
Through out my stay in Israel in the year 2000 where I went for heart surgery (cardiac), my matron calls me ID from the name Idris.
The Israelites finds it easier to call me Eddy because they thought the matron was calling Eddy while some of them who even knew the matron was calling ID still decided to stick to Eddy because they prefer to call me Eddy and that's how till today I am called Eddy by all friends, family members and associates.

RIP to the late Dr Ami Cohen, founder, SAVE A CHILD'S HEART FOUNDATION, WOLFSON HOSPITAL, TEL AVIV, ISRAEL..
Special thanks to UCH IBADAN and Madam Felicia, as well as surgery colleagues from Nigeria such as Banke, Bro Samson (operated with pacemaker), Godson Newman(now late), Blessing, Biola(now late) and my Ethiopian friends.

I hope to write a dedicated story to this journey one day.

Nice and bad experience to talk about in the future.

Idris Aloma.....na Strongname be that oo cool shocked

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by cl0r0x: 11:48am On Feb 18, 2022
I wash away guilt and anxiety
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Joelobioha(m): 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
I was called da vinci
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
"Browny" cuz of my complexion when i was younger. "fulani" cuz of my hair and nose shape here in school.
"tallani'' or "tolani" cuz of my height given 2 me by a lecturer, omor...
"la hips" given 2 me by my closest pals. D names plenty shaa, just some of them.
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by aloma007(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
Anny505:

Idris Aloma.....na Strongname be that oo cool shocked
Thanks brotha
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Sergio104(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
Sergio

My realest Lovely nickname.
Ain't having any mercy for anything Geo back then.
Best in geography (my lovely Best subject)
Great geoscientist.

The great Geologist.
Scholarship from cartographic work.

So friends began calling me " Sir Geo"
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by aloyin(m): 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
Well , mine is very simple. Before people called me DANGER BOY, the reason is my surname mean dangerous. But i later change it to ALOYIN ehen i notice that am living dangerous life.

Now this is how I come about my nickname. My real name is ALONGE YINKA. So decided to picked ALO from ALOnge and picked YIN from YINka then join it together. That is how I got my nickname ALOYIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Neaman(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
Js2 interscience class, teacher said we should mention micro organisms we know, no so quickly mentioned NEMATODE , something I heard some seniors mentioning the previous day.
Instantly, class turned my name to nematode.
The name later transformed to Neaman by ss2,
90% of my juniors then no even sabi my full name, na so so senior Neaman.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Ishilove: 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
So many peeps live out their fantasies, as well as delusions on the pages of Nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by GardenOfGod(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
Sir. Isaac Newton of Techo
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by angelfallz(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
I got mine on the football pitch. It is a shortened form of my name.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by cayorday89(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
Once people hear my name, they call me Kayouze and many attimes it's Kaymoney especially if they get to know my surname that starts with 'Owo'.. But in secondary school and even till now if my classmates get to see me, they still call me Baba Blue named after the popular vicks blue man because I was dark like him, in blue house, had a blue school bag and whenever I dyed the blue sport wear I did same with my socks making everything blue.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by SULTAN22(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
I was called
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ishilove:
So many peeps live out their fantasies, as well as delusions on the pages of Nairaland.

Oh wow

That's how you got ur nickname

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explain Your Year 2023 In One Word! / Lagosians Use Canoes As Floods Hit Lagos (Pictures) / Nddy Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.