Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

How Did You Get Your Nickname??? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Get Your Nickname??? (11156 Views)

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / How To Make Google Recognize Your Nickname As Artist . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Ishilove: 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2022
illicit:

Oh wow

That's how you got ur nickname
Kinky.

I wore a curly brown weave to class that day. My lecturer was asking a question and pointed to me. "Kinky, what do you think?"

The name stuck thereafter.
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by callerday01(m): 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
Lolz... I got my nickname back in secondary school by my friends just because I love to wear different goggles to any events even classroom�
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Fatbam003: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
Faturoti Bamidele = Fatbam
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ishilove:

Kinky.

I wore a curly brown weave to class that day. My lecturer was asking a question and pointed to me. "Kinky, what do you think?"

The name stuck thereafter.

Cute
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Glowqueen3(f): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
I had numerous Nick names,ln secondary School l was called SENDO because of one okrika shoe that l wore to school then,later in uni l was called glow queen because of my dark and glowing complexion.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Elbeamer: 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
My first nick name was big show (fat)
Then NCHI(grass cutter) because of my skills in escaping to the bushes in Bschool

BEAST that was when I loved fighting

IKUKu and so on

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by MVLOX(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
I will be back
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Acidosis(m): 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ishilove:
So many peeps live out their fantasies, as well as delusions on the pages of Nairaland.

grin grin
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Emperormartin(m): 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
In my hood they call me kaka just because I was the only ac Milan fan amongst them.

They call my sister Nwanne kaka and my mum mma kaka. The name name has sticked for years…

Till today they still wonder why I’m an ac Milan fan.
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by eyek(m): 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
Eyekman as in ik
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by angelfallz(m): 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
Yes
callmevirus:
My nick name is VIRUS
Do you want to know how I gorrit?
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Morientez: 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
Berbertov .. because of my sluggish style of play.. when i relocated to another state they started calling me david silva..
mehn i was beauty to watch playing soccer.. leave say nigeria corrupt person for know where him dey now.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by sammycipher(m): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
illicit:
I have never got a real nickname tho because most people even when I was at school often call me by my real name or TP which is a mere abbreviation of my real name just like AY to Ayo but I hear other guys called names that has nothing to do with their christened names like 2bottle, Smart

Wiseguy

Hercules

Romeo

2finger wink

Waya Waya

Terry Dee

T money

Ratty
2men

1313 (Thirteen Thirteen) undecided

Mouth

Beyonce

J fire

Black King

Blac Chyna

Some even use those names on their Facebook, especially young adults

How did u get your Nickname and do you even like it?

Some people call me Honourable but it's not a nickname,. I was a speaker at uni.

I like it when my girl calls me baby, I can dash her my salary tongue

I have had many names sha grin
My lodgemates call me yellow
My course mates and real gees here in school call me Floki
I was once known as samstar
I was known as GORO because I have a big stature although I'm not fat
I was called obianuju during my school days because I was following a girl called uju

grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Stargurl20(f): 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
Was inspired by my likeness for Wizkid(Starboy), so I nicknamed my self Stargurl cool

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Omoluabi16(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I'm still hoping to build even if na hut but I never get money to buy even land. nairalanders that want to see me become a landlord can send PM. help my dream come true
Matthew 6:33. All your dreams are tied to that verse.
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Kharol1234: 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
Playing ball in school they do call me carol that's Andy carol that's plays for Newcastle, because am tall. So we were to celebrate on day in school Agric Department, we paid for the polo the guy that was suppose to print the names on the polo was asking everyone for there names. I was still thinking the name to use when the guy approach me and ask me for a name since I was delaying Baba just wrote KHAROL. That's how the name stuck everywere is kharol.
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by austynbch(m): 9:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
Mine... Mighty mouse in secondary sch cos i was smallish and troublesome
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Morientez:
Berbertov .. because of my sluggish style of play.. when i relocated to another state they started calling me david silva..
mehn i was beauty to watch playing soccer.. leave say nigeria corrupt person for know where him dey now.

Awwww sorry
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
Acidosis:

grin grin

How did u get urs grin grin
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
callerday01:
Lolz... I got my nickname back in secondary school by my friends just because I love to wear different goggles to any events even classroom�

What's d nickname
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Mwanamume(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2022
Mine is Mwalimu.I have a thing for languages actually,i stumbled on it in the dictionary some years back,as soon as I got to know d meaning ie Teacher in Swahili it spurred me to dig deeper into languages especially Swahili.My profile and Moniker explains more.Mwanamume♥️
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by 99thEnemy(m): 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
illicit:

I wish to Lash u o

But u havent reply my DM

Candidlady grin
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by 99thEnemy(m): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
I am everyone's enemy.. Damn.. I love misbehaving grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
99thEnemy:

Candidlady grin

wink

Bad guy
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
Glowqueen3:
I had numerous Nick names,ln secondary School l was called SENDO because of one okrika shoe that l wore to school then,later in uni l was called glow queen because of my dark and glowing complexion.

Black is beautiful
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Usihyelda(m): 9:35am On Apr 27, 2022
My colleagues at school calls me Lonely, because of my lonely and solitude nature.
My hommies call me VP as in Van parsie because of my football skills back then.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N21.8b Appeal Fund Not For Jonathan’s Campaign Alone - Prof Jerry Gana / My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) / Help Me Sing Halleluyah! But Wait O....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.