Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process (41189 Views)

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? / Construction Process Of Our Bungalow Apartments. / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Chriswazo(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
spyder880:

Aba will be tough for me, I last worked in Aba around 2017/18. I dont have so many contacts there at this time.

What of Owerri
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
Chriswazo:

What of Owerri

Same story. Until I return there to meet new dealers and drivers, I cannot say for sure who is still legit.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
Even as we are concluding this decking stage, we have been buying up materials for the next stage which is the upper floor wall partitioning. We will start offloading blocks, sand, cement and rods as from tomorrow or next. We might start forming the walls on the completed sections as from Friday this week.

More pictures later.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by dongc(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
Chriswazo:

What of Owerri

If your site is at Aba...send someone to cornerstone just by Ariaria Express...Cornerstone would deliver your stones/sand next day....Or okigwe chipping tipper park ...

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Chriswazo(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
dongc:

If your site is at Aba...send someone to cornerstone just by Ariaria Express...Cornerstone would deliver your stones/sand next day....Or okigwe chipping tipper park ...

Thank you.. please do you have contact of the cornerstone?
Where along Ariaria express? At Ariaria Junction?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by dongc(m): 6:27am On Apr 18, 2022
Chriswazo:

Thank you.. please do you have contact of the cornerstone?
Where along Ariaria express? At Ariaria Junction?

I dont have their numbers unfortunately, but you cannot miss their dump yards at that express. due to bad road at ariaria junction..they moved closer to ogboosisisi just before the mosque � if you heading towards uratta junction....they are many vendors there...
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Chriswazo(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2022
dongc:

I dont have their numbers unfortunately, but you cannot miss their dump yards at that express. due to bad road at ariaria junction..they moved closer to ogboosisisi just before the mosque � if you heading towards uratta junction....they are many vendors there...

Ok bro, we will check them out
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by michlins(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
spyder880:
Even as we are concluding this decking stage, we have been buying up materials for the next stage which is the upper floor wall partitioning. We will start offloading blocks, sand, cement and rods as from tomorrow or next. We might start forming the walls on the completed sections as from Friday this week.

More pictures later.
the speed and efficacy is something I like about your work. Everything is so timed like a clockwork in a perpetual motion

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2022
Our final moves to complete this decking ..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:56am On Apr 19, 2022
Final push to complete...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by IFEBARBIE: 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
Kudo! How many bags of cement have you exhausted so far to achieve the decking including the stairs?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2022
Completely done and dusted...........

Water treatment being applied for proper decking curing........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by IFEBARBIE: 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2022
Finally! Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
IFEBARBIE:
Kudo! How many bags of cement have you exhausted so far to achieve the decking including the stairs?

About 361 bags were used for this decking and both stairs......

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
More pictures from this completed decking slab work........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Second staircase at the back.........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2022
Taking delivery of blocks we are going to use for this first floor walls.......

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by chikwasoloye(m): 12:38am On Apr 21, 2022
[quote author=spyder880 post=112125091]

About 361 bags were used for this decking and both stairs......

Boss, please what's the ratio of sand and stone per bag of cement. I'm currently building in Enugu and I'm not around to monitor the work myself.
Thanks, your work is super nice and fast
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:55am On Apr 21, 2022
[quote author=chikwasoloye post=112132983][/quote]

Mixing ratios are not a "One ratio fits all" kind of thing, they are made to adapt to different types of work under different situations, something as small as the type of sand and aggregates used can change a mix ratio, also, different parts of the same work can have different mix ratios for them. Mix ratios are also contained in every building plan for each building. I suggest you consult a knowledgeable person who will look at your materials and type of work before prescribing the mix ratios.

Thank you bro.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Work updates from our work at this project site........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
More pictures........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2022
More work as we move to raise the walls on the upper floor.........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
Busy hands all over the site..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2022
spyder880:
Busy hands all over the site..........

Well done.

I was told a decking needs to be left for 14-21 days to properly cure and dry before you start setting blocks on it but I noticed you started blockwork just 2 days after your decking.

Is it OK to do it that way?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Rany4all(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2022
rukyboy:

Well done.

I was told a decking needs to be left for 14-21 days to properly cure and dry before you start setting blocks on it but I noticed you started blockwork just 2 days after your decking.

Not an expert, but I think you can, as long as the struts/support under the decking are left in place.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by kalu61(m): 9:22am On Apr 24, 2022
You are doing well. Lovely details

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2022
rukyboy:

Well done.

No, the information you got is wrong. What they meant is that a new decking slab cannot be unloaded. (Removal of bamboo supports) until about 21 to 28 days depending on conditions. You can load and lay blocks on a decking 3 days after the decking cast as long as the bamboo supports are intact underneath. Decking curing methods like water treatment is also very advisable.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2022
Rany4all:
Not an expert, but I think you can, as long as the struts/support under the decking are left in place.

You are right bro. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 11:55am On Apr 24, 2022
spyder880:

No, the information you got is wrong. What they meant is that a new decking slab cannot be unloaded. (Removal of bamboo supports) until about 21 to 28 days depending on conditions. You can load and lay blocks on a decking 3 days after the decking cast as long as the bamboo supports are intact underneath. Decking curing methods like water treatment is also very advisable.

Thanks.

Thank You
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
Work still going on smoothly at this site. More pictures from this site tomorrow.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
More pictures of more work from this site today.......

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
The sky was heavy, and rainfall was predicted today, so were were only doing sketchy works and waiting for a brighter day to lay more blocks, although we're at the lintel level in many flats...........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply)

How To Buy A Lagos State Government Residential Housing Scheme. Dos And Donts / Hardship: 4 Ways To Build Houses Without Or With Little Cement / Beechwood Estate Another Hidden Treasure That Is Unbelievably Priced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.