Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Who's Your Favourite Author? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who's Your Favourite Author? (7676 Views)

Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK / What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2006
my favourite author is actually, i've got two favourite authors and they are R.L Stine and Robert Swindellis. i love goosebumps books ( by rl stine). just wondering if i've got any co. rl stine fans in the house.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by Farriel(m): 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2006
I have got over 30 favourite authors. Picking one out of all the others would be difficult, or rather, impossible. By the way, I never heard about Swindellis nor Stine, what genre of books do they write?
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by Free(f): 1:26am On Feb 15, 2006
Maya angelo
stephen king
terry Mcmillan
Zora neale hurston
R.L stine i used to read his books, i think i've read goosebumps tooo
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by forgiven(m): 3:20am On Feb 16, 2006
Grisham J - [crime] is just too good. I love Sidney and just came across Ken Follett (whiteout) and Micheal Palmer (Critical judgement) - [medicine], they are just kool.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by Grizzly(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2006
James Hardley Chase, Nobody knows no crime like that boo, i lurr u james lol
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by dynamite(f): 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2006
i 've got no favourite author reading is not really my type but i read some of Robert Swindellis's books i can remember 2 of them Room 13 and Hydra. i like Christopher pike's books he write like scary novel so does Robert Swindellis. smiley smiley
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2006
dynamite:

i like Christopher pike's books he write like scary novel so does Robert Swindellis. smiley smiley
Yeah i like christopher pike too have you read -)the party -)the dance -)the graduation
                 they are interesting(at least to me)
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2006
Farriel:

I never heard about Swindellis nor Stine, what genre of books do they write?
they both write spooky kind of books, some crime and you know detective books but they generally write scary novels.have you heard of Anthony Masters i like his books.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2006
Grizzly:

James Hardley Chase, Nobody knows no crime like that boo, i lurr u james cheesy
i've heard of James Hardly Chase he's called king of thriller writters but i've never read any of his books before
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2006
Free:

terry Mcmillan
i've heard about her too i know she's african american.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by Free(f): 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2006
terry Mcmillan
i've heard about her too i know she's african american.

yea she is , she wrote that one book the interruption of everything
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by ladebi(m): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2006
my favourite author is the best i have ever seen he is JOHN GRISHAM he wrote the novel A TIME TO KILL,THE CLIENT, AND STREET LAWYER, HE ALSO WROTE THE FIRM AMONG OTHER GREAT NOVELS.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by Farriel(m): 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2006
But his books are just basically legal thrillers. Are you by any chance a lawyer, Ladebi?
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 9:51am On Mar 01, 2006
ladebi:

my favourite author is the best i have ever seen he is JOHN GRISHAM he wrote the novel A TIME TO KILL,THE CLIENT, AND STREET LAWYER, HE ALSO WROTE THE FIRM AMONG OTHER GREAT NOVELS.
i've heard little about him. i know he wrote a book tittled skipping christmas.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by ladebi(m): 11:18am On Mar 01, 2006
YES HE IS THE AUTHOR .THIS IS WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT.Imagine a year without Christmas. No crowded malls, no corny office parties, no fruitcakes, no unwanted presents. That’s just what Luther and Nora Krank have in mind when they decide that, just this once, they’ll skip the holiday altogether. Theirs will be the only house on Hemlock Street without a rooftop Frosty; they won’t be hosting their annual Christmas Eve bash; they aren’t even going to have a tree. They won’t need one, because come December 25 they’re setting sail on a Caribbean cruise. But, as this weary couple is about to discover, skipping Christmas brings enormous consequences–and isn’t half as easy as they’d imagined.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:26am On Mar 01, 2006
FRANCINE PASCAL - sweet valley
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by teeroy(m): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2006
james hardly chase is cheap literature, I love Tom Clancy,Robert Ludlum,Mario puzo, these are the babas.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by ladebi(m): 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2006
teeroy have u raed cosa nostra
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by teeroy(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2006
if u really want to to read about la cosa nostra, go and get "the sicicillian" by Mario Puzo, Chase is cheap.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by SweetItua: 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2006
My favourite Author is Carl Weber. I read all his books , I can name some for you like baby mama drama, player hater, married Men,and A Dollar and A Dream.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2006
SweetItua:

My favourite Author is Carl Weber. I read all his books , I can name some for you like baby mama drama, player hater, married Men,and A Dollar and A Dream.
oh wow!! i'm not sure if i've heard that name before.what kind of books does he write?
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2006
Rhodalyn:

FRANCINE PASCAL - sweet valley
yeah, i've read just one book that has to do with sweet valley high can't remember the tittle though but the book was okay one thing is those books are quite girlish
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 8:11pm On Mar 03, 2006
ladebi:

teeroy have u raed cosa nostra
you read alot don't you?
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by ladebi(m): 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2006
i sure do .
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by puree: 1:09am On Mar 05, 2006
J.Grisham, anydat
gat all his books
good for all upcomn lawyers.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by puree: 1:10am On Mar 05, 2006
J.Grisham, anyday
gat all his books
good for all upcomn lawyers.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by reniks(f): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2006
I love John Grisham's novels.I love Victoria Holt's classical Romance novels,which combines romance with mystery and thrilling suspense,as seen in her books A House Of A Thousand Lanterns and The Bride of Pendoric.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by funty(f): 9:42pm On Mar 20, 2006
i've heard of victoria holts but i've neva read her books and A house of a thousand lanterns sounds really scary and interesting.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by kenniy(m): 1:40am On Mar 21, 2006
am dissapointed! sad . no own ever heard of Jeffrey Archer? He wrote the best thing to ever come out of fiction: Cain And Abel
thats my all time bestseller!! please go read it if you havnt. am sure u'll all like it!
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by reniks(f): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2006
@funty,Victoria Holt is simply amazing.And yeah u just described A House of a Thousand Lanterns with the right words-scary and interesting.Its more interesting than scary though.You should read it.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by dafman(m): 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2006
When i was younger my favourite author was James Hardley chase, But lately John Grisham is my favourite, he's got me hooked.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Author? by Zahymaka(m): 3:58am On Mar 22, 2006
I've got lots of authors I read but I think the top ones are Nicholas Evans [The Loop, The Horse Whisperer, The Divide] -- he's very very clear -- Tom Clancy [he has a lot of strategy and planning. his books also have nice names like Without Remorse. I also like Robert Ludlum -- he's very good although I think all his books tend to follow one theme. Leon Uris isn't bad and Michael Crichton  is one of the best. Sorry I could go on and on [I've been reading novels since I was 5 so I 've encountered lots of writers]. For old-timers, have you read Fyodor Dostoevsky or Moliere?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Underneath The Veil (a Novella) / Chukwuemeka Ike's Books - PDF Download / Emeka And The Warrior Princess Adaobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.