Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? (32162 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / Father From Anambra Disowns His Son On Newspaper (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by obinnaxci(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
You did nothing wrong. For health reasons, she may give the child Herpes, a viral infection which exists in 99% of sexually active adults.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
obinnaxci:
You did nothing wrong. For health reasons, she may give the child Herpes, a viral infection which exists in 99% of sexually active adults.
lipsrsealed
Prevalence and incidence. An estimated 491.5 million people were living with HSV-2 infection in 2016, equivalent to 13.2% of the world's population aged 15 to 49 years. HSV-2 is almost exclusively sexually transmitted, causing infection in the genital or anal area (genital herpes).May 1, 2020
https://www.who.int/news/item/01-05-2020-massive-proportion-world-population-living-with-herpes-infection
How 13.2 % take become 99%? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ultraviolet27(f): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
I don't know How Some people on this Forum reason So its okay for a Mother to kiss her Baby on the Lips but not the Father if the Role were to be reversed I know How the Father's Picture would have been Circling round the News Papers and Blogs and even the Wife wud have Created a thread here terming the Father as Peadophile and Child molester. But Since its the Mum So is all well and good I detest Gender inequality What is Good for the Goose should also be good for the Gander O. So the Boys Cheek and Forehead no dey enough for d Mum to kiss?what is always attracting Him to the Babies Lips every time and the Baby?isn't even d same Gender with Her Her Hubby's Lips isn't enough for Her to kiss and Since d Dad has told Her to desist from it Several times and still didn't Listen then Something is wrong at Her well Olosho only they get Sabbatical sha
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
ultraviolet27:
I don't know How Some people on this Forum reason So its okay for a Mother to kiss her Baby on the Lips but not the Father if the Role were to be reversed I know How the Father's Picture would have been Circling round the News Papers and Blogs and even the Wife wud have Created a thread here terming the Father as Peadophile and Child molester.
Like this

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ultraviolet27(f): 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
BabaJoe001:

I doubt if you are a mother yet . Wait till you become a mother my dear. There is nothing wrong with a Mother kissing her son that lived in her womb for 9 months. This is a child that grew inside her womb
It just a sign of love and Affection. Don't let us be exaggerating things unnecessary. And the OP needs to grow up. We are proud Fathers.
. Mr not all Mother's Kiss their Babies on the Lips and it doesn't take the Love and Care from the Mother's to their Kids,My Mum never Kissed I and my Siblings on the Lips Yet the Motherly Love and affection is stl there till 2day Kissing Ur Child on the Lips won't mk you emotionally accessible or Responsible to your Kids it ain't that She doesn't like the Feel of the infant lips on Her Skin then, But it was just not to encourage others the other Siblings,Relations,or Neighbours from Practising that in Her absence na from Play Craze they start.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ultraviolet27(f): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
[quote author=Shokoloko post=106298032][/quote]. But what u Googled out implies Mothers kiss their Babies on the Fore Head na not the Lips even d Picture showed the Mum kissing Her Baby on the Forehead or How will kissing a Barbie's Lips Protect His/,Her immunity?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by kazyhm(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
Romanoff:
You need to see a therapist, you're obviously still dealing with trauma from your abuse.

There's nothing wrong with a mother kissing her baby in the mouth, you're just projecting your trauma on your wife and child.

Please, deal with it before it ruins you.

If women are agitating against men bathing their daughters....I think the op's wife should stop kissing her son in the mouth.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ultraviolet27(f): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
bobontop:
My wife is fond of kissing my 6months boy in the mouth. I personally don't like this and I have told her to stop it but she refused.

This issue in causing a serious argument in my home and I want to take a serious action since she has refused to stop it.

Please I need advice from experienced parents.

I was abused sexual as a child by a cousin staying with us and there are cases of incest around me. I don't want any of this to happen to my son.

The teenage girl staying with us always sees my wife kissing my son in the mouth and I am afraid she my copy it and start doing it.

Please am I wrong? Am I over reacting? Is it a normal practice? Please advise me.
. Your wife own even better small Some Mother's deep Kiss their Babies which is very abnormal.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ultraviolet27(f): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
AsianTotal:
The hypocrisy and idiocy on this thread is annoying.
Since it is very okay for mothers to kiss their sons the All Fathers Here Should Make Sure They Kiss Their Baby Daughters On The Lips Too.
.No mind the Hypocrites
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Shokoloko(f): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
ultraviolet27:
. But what u Googled out implies Mothers kiss their Babies on the Fore Head na not the Lips even d Picture showed the Mum kissing Her Baby on the Forehead or How will kissing a Barbie's Lips Protect His/,Her immunity?

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Shokoloko(f): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
kazyhm:

If women are agitating against men bathing their daughters....I think the op's wife should stop kissing her son in the mouth.

What is wrong with a man bathing his daughter that is less than 6 years old.

The problem is that ladies for want of marriage go and marry pedophiles (yes, they see the signs) and start shouting men are bad, men are scum ( which is a downright lie)

Then these men molest their own children and the women now say "protect children from their fathers"
My dad was the one who cleaned my bum as a toddler. I was told I would wait for him to start eating his dinner then I would bring my potty close to him and start baby-gisting with him and doing my poop business.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Poleski: 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
bobontop:
My wife is fond of kissing my 6months boy in the mouth. I personally don't like this and I have told her to stop it but she refused.

This issue in causing a serious argument in my home and I want to take a serious action since she has refused to stop it.

Please I need advice from experienced parents.

I was abused sexual as a child by a cousin staying with us and there are cases of incest around me. I don't want any of this to happen to my son.

The teenage girl staying with us always sees my wife kissing my son in the mouth and I am afraid she my copy it and start doing it.

Please am I wrong? Am I over reacting? Is it a normal practice? Please advise me.

You're right, she shouldn't be mouth-to-mouth kiss the baby to avoid giving the baby bad bacteria his/her immune system can't handle.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Angeldemon: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So when your mother chewed food and then fed it to you afterwards, she also learnt that from TV, abi? undecided

Most animal chews food to feed their offspring. Chewing is different from kissing.
An adults face carried lots of bacteria dangerous to children thats why doctors dont advice people kissing kids.
psychologically youre teaching the baby its okay to kiss adults which is dangerous.
Always try to think before trying to defend womens posts on nairaland. Not everything is gender war.
Stop comparing apples to oranges
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Angeldemon:

Most animal chews food to feed their offspring. Chewing is different from kissing.
An adults face carried lots of bacteria dangerous to children thats why doctors dont advice people kissing kids.

psychologically youre teaching the baby its okay to kiss adults which is dangerous.
Always try to think before trying to defend womens posts on nairaland. Not everything is gender war.
Stop comparing apples to oranges
Na adult face dey carry the bacteria now no be the mouth again? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by bepositive11: 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
BABYharder:

Double standard everywhere.
Going by your logics, that means it's safe to say 'all' Ladies are potential who.res since we're wired differently undecided

It's not double standard, it's the truth

Compare news reports and see for yourself. How many times have you seen stories about mother sexually abusing their sons? And how many times have you seen stories about fathers abusing their daughters?

I'm yet to see a story about a mother r*ping her son here on Nairaland but I've already seen dozens about fathers r*ping their daughters

It's a fact. Fathers are more likely to sexually abuse their daughters. Of course, there are many fathers who would do anything to protect their daughters but there are sadly fathers who would traumatize their daughters for sexual pleasure

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by kazyhm(m): 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Shokoloko:

What is wrong with a man bathing his daughter that is less than 6 years old.

The problem is that ladies for want of marriage go and marry pedophiles (yes, they see the signs) and start shouting men are bad, men are scum ( which is a downright lie)

Then these men molest their own children and the women now say "protect children from their fathers"
My dad was the one who cleaned my bum as a toddler. I was told I would wait for him to start eating his dinner then I would bring my potty close to him and start baby-gisting with him and doing my poop business.

I have never come across scenario as yours when your gender were dragging every men on the subject matter.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by obinnaxci(m): 9:15am On Oct 26, 2021
That's for HSV-2. I was talking about HSv-4

Kobojunkie:
lipsrsealed
How 13.2 % take become 99%? undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by LilleG(m): 12:02am On Oct 27, 2021
There's nothing wrong with it na

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Should Working Wives Share Household Expenses With Their Husbands? / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.