Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,202 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA (13036 Views)

Saraki's PA Made 50 Deposits Into His Account In One Day - EFCC Detective / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office / Dimeji Bankole And Gbemi Saraki Having An Affair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 29, 2011
[WilyWily:

Corruption is the Culture of the Yorubas, the only way to minimize these their bad behaviours is only to genetically modify them.
Yorubas and Corruption are inseparable

curruption is a nigerian problem, we are all deep in it, why so bitter? Did a yoruba girl bounce you?. With so much sentiments like this and most of it childish and st*up*id we really do need to breakup! I pray tirelessly for that day.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by felele(m): 4:10pm On May 29, 2011
Ok, Sahara Reporters goofed royally on this one. I live in the Akodo area, and there is no hotel resort of any type under construction there.

I have to conclude that these guys are just outright liars from this one. I was lapping it all up until I got to the N7 billion Akodo Hotel Resort part. I KNOW that part to be a patent white lie. I'm forced to dismiss the Whole story because of this one lie. One has to conclude that the whole story is concocted. I'll make a video of the Akodo area and post it on youtube. It's a very small community, and if anything of that magnitude was going on there, it would be pretty obvious.

Akodo is right next door to the Lekki Free Trade Enterprise Zone, and a little further down the road is the Lagos Free Trade Zone. Both of these are the main projects going on in the area, unless you want to count Amen Estate, a private estate owned by someone I know socially, which is right opposite the 20 hectare New Era Youth Camp, owned by Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu (now Senator for Lagos Central Senatorial District).
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by luluosas(m): 4:44pm On May 29, 2011
Nigeria deserves the leaders they got. We have not seen any thing yet, more are in the pipeline.
Read this link to see that, corruption knows no bound in Nigeria.
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1509:senate-president-david-mark-in-ajaokuta-billion-naira-kickback&catid=25:politics&Itemid=92
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/omoyele-sowore/david-mark-nigerias-senate-president-as-a-fraudster.html
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Rhino5dm: 5:15pm On May 29, 2011
Sorry to burst your mooronic bubble. There are lot of multi-billion naira project going on around that area, so i don't know your fuss.

For your info i lived very close to town hall at Akodo after general hospital.

. . .And incase your a paid agent then be ready for violent change.

felele:

Ok, Sahara Reporters goofed royally on this one. I live in the Akodo area, and there is no hotel resort of any type under construction there.

I have to conclude that these guys are just outright liars from this one. I was lapping it all up until I got to the N7 billion Akodo Hotel Resort part. I KNOW that part to be a patent white lie. I'm forced to dismiss the Whole story because of this one lie. One has to conclude that the whole story is concocted. I'll make a video of the Akodo area and post it on youtube. It's a very small community, and if anything of that magnitude was going on there, it would be pretty obvious.

Akodo is right next door to the Lekki Free Trade Enterprise Zone, and a little further down the road is the Lagos Free Trade Zone. Both of these are the main projects going on in the area, unless you want to count Amen Estate, a private estate owned by someone I know socially, which is right opposite the 20 hectare New Era Youth Camp, owned by Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu (now Senator for Lagos Central Senatorial District).
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by bossinie: 5:33pm On May 29, 2011
[center]NOTICE[/center]
Please be informed that we are obliged to report any deposit in excess of 1 million naira for Individuals and 5 Million naira for Corporate bodies to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC).
I wonder why these bank officials did not report or at least inform the EFCC of these deposits but rather chose not only to accept them but equally hide them tactfully from all prying eyes. shocked The management of UBA should be penalized as well because they not only encourage these dubious and criminal deposits but equally protect them until a greater than them(EFCC or ICPC) bulldozes into their records.Summary if BANKOLE goes down so should UBA enough of absolving these criminal connivance. angry
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by bioye(m): 6:28pm On May 29, 2011
What will you all do when you find out that this publication is false?

Everyday I see news media like Sahara Reporters, PM News, even Punch, Sun, Tribune etc publish scathing allegations against Bankole. However, until I see the news in Guardian and ThisDay, I don't bat an eyelid. Remember that Bankole has been ACCUSED of many crimes but he has neither been charged to court nor indicted nor found guilty.

$1 billion dollars in a single UBA domicilliary account!? Come on! Use your brains! At least you all went to school.

Obviously, Bankole has enough haters to warrant all these negative media onslaught. Infact, I can see that some of the rats behind these stories are contributors to this thread. Well, enjoy it while it lasts. It's only a matter of time!
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by vislabraye(m): 7:24pm On May 29, 2011
May be $1b is too much. Even if it were in naira, UBA were/are still obliged to report. I wonder how Sahara would cook up such stories just from no where without an iota of truth. . .
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by phraze(m): 8:24pm On May 29, 2011
i dont belive all these allegations but if they are true then damn you Bankole, but if its all lies then UP YOU BANKOLE!
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by HighChief4(m): 12:27am On May 30, 2011
Na wa ooh

Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by felele(m): 12:32am On May 30, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Sorry to burst your mooronic bubble. There are lot of multi-billion naira project going on around that area, so i don't know your fuss.

For your info i lived very close to town hall at Akodo after general hospital.

. . .And incase your a paid agent then be ready for violent change.

Calling you a half-wit would be an insult to half wits. Read my post again, and notice where I mentioned all but just two of the multi-billion naira projects going on in the area. I have deliberately left out those I know to be on the drawing board, because the private groups contemplating them may never get the needed finance.

Prove you "lived" in the area by mentioning the two projects I left out. For avoidance of all doubt, young man, Bankole does not earn enough to pay me, and if you bring your violence, let me just paraphrase that Yoruba proverb about knowing how a fight starts but never knowing how it will end. I suggest you don't make that kind of threat unless you really have the capacity to bring it. You could be charged with threat to life. I'll overlook it this time, but if you persist, I will find you, and have you face the full weight of the law.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Tonae: 5:29am On May 30, 2011
If it`s true that bankole has this much in the bank and yet GEJ is protecting him from arrest and or investigation, then the people should immediately take the laws into their hands to unleash jungle justice on both GEJ and his thieving officials.

If nothing drastic or bloody is done against these people, the nation and her citizens are clearly staring destruction coming to them soon. Something just has to be done to stop this nonsense. Bloody revolution. Period,
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Angelsunny: 8:43am On May 30, 2011
pls GEJ and friends, tell our friend GEJ not to betray our trust allow the law to have its way
So others will learn. This way the new 9ija will emerge (God fearing ppl)
cool cool cool cool
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Nobody: 10:32am On May 30, 2011
Sahara Reporters are the undisputed kings of gonzo journalism.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by yeswecan(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2011
I doubt this story . . . $1 billion is completely unreasonable for a speaker.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by kokorunna(m): 11:23am On May 30, 2011
True or False , never doubt any politician in Nigeria stealing $1 Billion. The full money made on Bonny Light Oil on a monthly basis is never accounted for , nobody cares regarding corruption as its the same old story.

There are no many corrupted billionaires that will never be listed in the forbes magazine and many that can buy out Dangote easily, it is only God that can help NIGERIA.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by luluosas(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2011
@bioye What will you all do when you find out that this publication is false?

Everyday I see news media like Sahara Reporters, PM News, even Punch, Sun, Tribune etc publish scathing allegations against Bankole. However, until I see the news in Guardian and ThisDay, I don't bat an eyelid. Remember that Bankole has been ACCUSED of many crimes but he has neither been charged to court nor indicted nor found guilty.

$1 billion dollars in a single UBA domicilliary account!? Come on! Use your brains! At least you all went to school.

Obviously, Bankole has enough haters to warrant all these negative media onslaught. Infact, I can see that some of the rats behind these stories are contributors to this thread. Well, enjoy it while it lasts. It's only a matter of time!

Sometimes, I wonder if some people reasoning with their head or ANUS.
Bioye, Bankole may be your sponsor, I don't care. He is fraudster period
Now, Bioye, see this!

N10bn scandal: PDP plans soft landing for Bankole
On May 30, 2011 · In News

By DAPO AKINREFON
LAGOS—INDICATIONS emerged, yesterday, of plans by the leadership of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to give the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, a soft landing over the alleged N10 billion scam levelled against him. Vanguard gathered that the Speaker is under pressure to indict two front runners for the Speaker and deputy speaker, Messrs Aminu Waziri Tambuwal and Emeka Ihedioha over the scandal.

A source who told Vanguard that the plot was being allegedly perfected to prevent the Speaker from being quizzed by the EFCC, said: “As battle for the Speakership of the house hots up, Bankole is expected to appear before PDP leadership on Tuesday, May 31, 2011. And as a way of giving him (Bankole) a soft landing, he is expected to indict Tambuwal and Ihedioha.”

Vanguard learnt that at the closed door session, where the Speaker had previously briefed members of the House, these two names were not mentioned, adding that the game plan was to thwart the ambition of Tambuwal and Ihedioha so that “they will be arrested before being given the opportunity to explain themselves before the EFCC.”

It was also gathered that as a way of ensuring its candidate from the South west emerged as Speaker of the House of Representatives, PDP was expected to move against its members with cases before the tribunal.

The source said: “Another plot by the party is that those PDP members who have cases at the tribunal and fail to support the party’s choice from the South west, will find it difficult to win at the tribunal. Once you refuse to fall in line, the party will make it difficult to make your case scale through by saying your name was submitted in error. With that, such member will fail to reclaim his or her stolen mandate.”

It would be recalled that Bankole was supposed to be a guest of the anti-graft commission on Thursday, May 26, 2011 to clear the air over the alleged scandal.He was supposed to explain the allegation of corrupt practices levelled against him by civil society groups and some aggrieved lawmakers.The House had a rowdy session recently when Dino Melaye, one of the suspended members who was re-admitted, raised the alarm that the Speaker incurred N10 billion loan on behalf of the House without the knowledge of its members.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/n10bn-scandal-pdp-plans-soft-landing-for-bankole/
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by bioye(m): 3:43pm On May 30, 2011
luluosas:

Sometimes, I wonder if some people reasoning with their head or ANUS.

You got that right. Infact, you have just proven to be one of them!

Now, your post makes no reference to the $1 billion allegation so where is your reasoning?

Also, if the newspaper article you refer to is indeed true, it has just made it clear that the PDP leadership is desperate to have their way by imposing the next Speaker on the House hence they are using every tool in their arsenal to intimidate Bankole, the current Speaker and Tambuwal, the likely beneficiary of the position if the House acts against the wishes of the PDP leadership.

Come on, @luluosas, I'm still confident you possess a BRAIN. Using it should not be such a PAIN in your ANUS.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by shady26(m): 7:22pm On May 30, 2011
Tafa balogun,bode george,obj,bankole(bank thief)!must our coward nature also inflict us with kleptomania as a solution to our apparent inferiority in d face of our progressive neighbors?
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by otokx(m): 7:47pm On May 30, 2011
Every thing is under control
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Acutex: 8:38pm On May 30, 2011
yoROBBERS una welldone oooh! Haba! $1bn For that amount, he can sleep with Michelle, The future is bleak until we awake from our sleep, U either do something about it or be oblivious to it.(It=embezzlement) They're milking us dry, Even cows dont get it this hard. Nigerians wake up, We should be planning a revolution.
Peace, A'Looter Continua, Embezzlement, angry
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by bioye(m): 9:24pm On May 30, 2011
The United Bank of Africa (UBA) Nigeria has discounted as false, claims that the outgoing Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole owns a $1billion slush account in UBA, describing media reports to the contrary as “baseless, sensational fabrications and yellow journalism at its worst”.

“No government official in Nigeria has such an amount domiciled with UBA bank,” a UBA official confided to Huhuonline.com, adding: the “alleged proxy of Dimeji Bankole, Maurice Ekpeyong, does not have an account with UBA, hence, it beats the imagination why a news medium, which is now being quoted by other media outlets, will run with such a story without any verification…all the reports in the media are just baseless, sensational fabrications and yellow journalism at its worst.”

Source:
Bankole $1bn Domiciliary Account with UBA: A Sahara Reporters Goof! - Huhuonline.com
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Nobody: 12:18am On May 31, 2011
Sahara reporters at it again.Where is the proof that he really owns a billion dollars.SMH@ these sahara journalists and their libelious reports.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by member479760: 7:52am On May 31, 2011
and this same man graduated from USA, he actually know how things work over there yet moda foka come to cause his own distruction. ole!
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by moty4all: 4:23pm On May 31, 2011
You guyz are missing the point a thief remains a thief, He should be sent to jail whether he steals 1M Naira or whatever and should have no reason being in politics anymore.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by bioye(m): 4:48pm On May 31, 2011
moty4all:

You guyz are missing the point a thief remains a thief, He should be sent to jail whether he steals 1M Naira or whatever and should have no reason being in politics anymore.

Not really. You are the one missing the point. The news behind this thread has been shown to be false. If some Nigerian news media can go as far as publishing false reports about a person, then one should start asking what their motive actually is, and how many of these similar publications are indeed true.

Anyways, I guess you are one of those Nigerians that equate allegations to guilt. Bankole is yet to be found guilty of all accusations ever levelled against him. For every version of these reports sponsored by his enemies, there is the true version of that story which people like you conveniently look away from. After all, bad news sell. Who reads good news?

However, I guess you are the very set of people these filth peddlers called Nigerian news media target when they concoct these 'sensational' reports. Don't worry. It's only a matter of time.
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Bawss1(m): 5:12pm On May 31, 2011
So now everyone believes Saharareporters? You people amaze me. shocked
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by 1025: 5:42pm On May 31, 2011
The United Bank of Africa (UBA) Nigeria has discounted as false, claims that the outgoing Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole owns a $1billion slush account in UBA, describing media reports to the contrary as “baseless, sensational fabrications and yellow journalism at its worst”.

“No government official in Nigeria has such an amount domiciled with UBA bank,” a UBA official confided to Huhuonline.com, adding: the “alleged proxy of Dimeji Bankole, Maurice Ekpeyong, does not have an account with UBA, hence, it beats the imagination why a news medium, which is now being quoted by other media outlets, will run with such a story without any verification…all the reports in the media are just baseless, sensational fabrications and yellow journalism at its worst.”

Source:
Bankole $1bn Domiciliary Account with UBA: A Sahara Reporters Goof! - Huhuonline.com

@bioye,
were u expecting UBA to come out and agree to that? which nigerian criminal has come out to accept his crimes? have u ever asked urself, why UBA? don't ur mind tell u that in every rumour there must be some atom of truths? times like this, one will expect UBA to tell us that it is not $1B but $100
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2011
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by bioye(m): 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2011
Bankole fights back…says EFCC’s invitation political

ABUJA – EMBATTLED Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Sabur Bankole, yesterday said the invitation sent to him by the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, was politically motivated.

In a letter dated May 31, titled: Re: Investigation activities invitation letter: by Rt Hon Speaker Oladimeji Bankole and addressed to the Chairman of EFCC, Mrs Farida Waziri, stated that “prior to your letter under reference, no letter has ever been addressed to or received by the speaker from your office, even though a lot has been written concerning him on the pages of newspapers in connection with your office on the subject matter in recent times.

“That the speaker has never written any letter to your office, hence your reference to your undated letter in connection with the above subject matter is very strange and has no basis.”

It was further stated that “at no time did the speaker received any request for an interview from your office nor did he request any rescheduling of interview to the 31st May.

“That the speaker of the Federal Republic of Nigeria finds it very curious and unethical that your office preferred to engage in sensational prosecution and conviction on the pages of newspapers on an issue as grave as corruption without ever communicating to him.

“That if your office is desirous of having an interview with the speaker, you should kindly request for such, formally and provide information about any specific issues you are investigating to enable him prepare his response accordingly.

“This is very necessary in view of the fact that the subject matter of your letter does not disclose anything other than “investigation activities” which you would agree is not only vague but nebulous and you would no doubt appreciate the fundamental right of every citizen of Nigeria is guaranteed by the constitution, which you as the chairman of the EFCC must uphold.

“In that regard, all cards must be placed on the table to enable the speaker respond to any relevant issue which you might want to raise.”

Sources close to the speaker told Vanguard that outside the last letter dated May 27, the speaker’s office did not receive any other letter, adding that this really irked him when he read about his invitation on the pages of newspapers that he was invited for an interview.

The source said the whole crisis started when an old generation bank had her account removed from the House of Reps due to the shoddy manner the loan issue was handled,

He said the Senate operated three different accounts, while in the last 12 years, the Reps had only one bank which eventually allowed this matter to snowball into this larger than life shape because the account was moved.

“Un fortunately, this whole saga would have been properly resolved if the bank had not sat on the House money because the money released in this last quarter was seized by the bank.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/bankole-fights-back-says-efccs-invitation-political/
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by luluosas(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2011
Speaker Bankole’s Billion-Dollar Fraud: High-Level Maneuvers As EFCC Withdraws From Speaker’s House
Posted: June 3, 2011 - 13:59
Free fornow-Dimeji Bankole
By SaharaReporters, New York

As officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission staged a dramatic effort to seal off the palatial residence of outgoing Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, a source in the diplomatic community and other sources within the government have told SaharaReporters that there appears to be a high-level scheme to create room for the embattled speaker to escape any serious prosecution.

Moments ago, the EFCC received instructions to back away from Mr. Bankole’s residence as part of a shady deal involving Inspector-General of Police Hafiz Ringim and the presidency.

Earlier, an EFCC source confirmed to us that the agency decided to arrest Mr. Bankole after the speaker spurned several invitations to come to the EFCC’s headquarters for questioning. However, the speaker’s security operatives, including police officers and agents of the State Security Service, initially frustrated the EFCC’s plans to arrest Mr. Bankole who was planning to depart to the UK today by air. “The arrival of our security people at the speaker’s house was just on time because the man’s plan was to leave today,” said the source.

The EFCC reportedly alerted IG of Police Hafiz Ringim of the fact that Bankole’s police protection was thwarting their effort to have the speaker arrested. The EFCC implored the IG to withdraw the police protection around Bankole in order to prevent a bloodbath. A short while later, the IG was spotted entering Mr. Bankole’s residence, ostensibly to break the siege on the speaker’s residence. However, a source in the Goodluck Jonathan administration said the IG had instructions from the presidency to tell the EFCC to back off from the outgoing speaker’s residence.

An EFCC source confirmed that Mr. Ringim called in the EFCC’s operations leader at Bankole’s house and said he had instructions from President Jonathan to allow the speaker to complete handing over ceremonies on Monday before he can be questioned. Then, in a move that an anti-corruption activist described as “ridiculous,” the IG offered to stand surety for Mr. Bankole. “Why would the nation’s chief law enforcement officer offer to stand surety for an alleged criminal?” he asked.

Thanks to the new twist, when the IG left about an hour later, the stalemate had ended in Mr. Bankole’s favor, with the outgoing speaker nowhere close to surrendering.

One of our sources said Mr. Bankole reportedly plans to insist on not surrendering unless he is allowed to travel to the UK first for a so-called “emergency medical visit.”

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/speaker-bankole%E2%80%99s-billion-dollar-fraud-high-level-maneuvers-efcc-withdraws-speaker%E2%80%99s-house
Re: Efcc Discovers $1 Billion In Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA by luluosas(m): 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2011
Another long wait for 'no-show' Bankole
Written by Ronald Mutum

Included media: -

Journalists waiting outside the EFCC HQ on May 31 for Hon. Dimeji Bankole

Tuesday May 31, 2011. Journalists began to gather at the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in Abuja, from 10am.

Their purpose? To catch a glimpse of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Dimeji Bankole and possibly interview him for their media outlets. The Speaker had excused himself from attending the first summons to appear before a 5-man investigative panel last week Tuesday on account of needing time to 'put his hand over notes together'.

However as the day wore on, it gradually became clear that Hon. Dimeji Bankole was once again a no-show for the postponed appointment.

Dimeji, is under investigation over several allegations of fraud which include the alleged misappropriation of House funds to the tune of 10 billion naira. He was also under investigation previously in a 22 billion naira House car scam, a case which the EFCC say is still very much alive.

Early in the week, a fresh scandal involving him came into the public domain. A domicillary account containing over 1 billion USD was linked to the embattled Bakole. Though the bank concerned, the UBA, came out to refute the claim, more details have emerged citing the account number and the sums of money in the account.
, Presidential connection?

The Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP) had in a statement signed by its Chairman, Osita Okechukwu and reported in several national dailies on May 30, 2011 including the Daily Champion, alluded to the involvement of the Presidency in 'shielding' Bankole from investigation.

According to the statement, CNPP is outraged that President Jonathan up to date has sat over an Investigation Report which indicted Hon. Speaker, Hon. Dimeji Bankole which EFCC submitted since September 2010.

"It is worrisome and indeed good bye to anti-graft war in the next four years if the information going round town that President Jonathan is stepping in to shield Mr. Bankole from the probing eyes of the EFCC and ICPC.

"Apart from the latest allegation of mismanagement of the House funds to the tune of N10 billion, CNPP is aware that both the EFCC and ICPC had in the past thoroughly investigated and probed Bankole over previous allegations such as the N2.3 billion car scam and the N9 billion capital project fund scam of last year.

"These allegations against the nation's number four citizen are too weighty to be ignored and the culprit left unprosecuted.

"The failure of Hon Speaker, Dimeji Bankole to honour the EFCC duly-served summons of 26th May, 2011 on the flimsy excuse of inauguration activities amounts to gross irresponsibility, a violation of the rule of law and utter contempt for the EFCC.

"CNPP is at a loss why the EFCC failed to arrest a man who had thoroughly undermined and subverted his high office and whom the EFCC investigation Report of September 2010 indicted.

"It is against this backdrop that the CNPP calls on President Jonathan to desist from using the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Alhaji Mohammed Adoke (SAN) to bloc the anti-corruption agencies and covertly halt the war against corruption.

EFCC says,

In a press release issued by the EFCC, the commission raised alarm over a campaign of calumny organized against the agency and some of its officers by 'a purported high profile personality'.

The statement reads “Information at our disposal shows that the suspect who rather than cooperate with it in its ongoing investigation of fraud allegations, has chosen to employ the service of hirelings to attack the agency and its leadership”.

The statement which attributes a lot of nefarious activities to this mysterious high profile personality implies that “all these have been plotted to find an escape route for just one suspect who has enormous resources to pay groups and pseudo-activists to destabilize or distract a government agency working for the emergence of a better society”.

However, sources at the commission revealed to Daily Trust, documents supporting the authenticity of some of the corruption allegations charges leveled against the outgoing Speaker of the House of Assembly.

The source in the EFCC also hinted that the agency will continue to pursue its investigations of corruption allegations against some ex-state governors following the expiration of the immunity clause which had hitherto protected them.

“Especially now that these three state governors under investigation had sneaked out of the country still under the immunity clause, the bottom line is they cannot run forever”.

According to Daily Trust's findings, the nine outgoing governors under investigation are: Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State, Adebayo Alao-Akala of Oyo State, Bukola Saraki of Kwara State and Ikedi Ohakim of Imo State.

Others are: Ibrahim Shekarau of Kano State, Ibrahim Shinkafi of Zamfara State, Muhammadu Goje of Gombe State, Modu Sheriff of Borno State and Akwe Doma of Nassarawa State.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=347:bankole-shuns-rescheduled-efcc-invitation&Itemid=48

This man will jump justice so long PDP is in control.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Starting The Conversation: The Focus Is Saraki / #freesowore: 53 Rights Organizations To Hold Rally Demanding Sowore's Release / Voter Mobilisation For Tinubu/Shettima In Kwami East, Gombe (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.