Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics (6363 Views)

Life In The Usa As A Student. / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? / Nigerian In Coasta Rica check out the pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by angel101(f): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2007
@militia
here is a nairaland thread with some pics

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-52256.0.html
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Angelheart: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2007
Xris74:

More Soweto

@Xris74: You cannot compare SOWETO to Lagos.  Soweto is a township in JOHANNEBURG! Its only a small section that forms part of Gauteng. Lagos on the other hand, is a CITY!  If you wanna compare the two countries, lets start with Murtala Muhammed and Johannesburg International. Go to Pretoria. Try Durban and Capetown.  The two cannot be compared.

However, I had an opportunity to visit Naija last Christmas and I have to say, its a beautiful country! The sad thing is, with too much corruption going on in your government, the ministers are pocketing all the money and are forgetting to maintain the country sites and its people.  Festac town is BEAUTIFUL! step outside one of the compounds and my goodness the streets are a shame. shocked

People in Nigeria do live in poverty but, so do other African counries who were once caught up in the jaws of colonialism.  

Instead of exposing the negative sides of your countries, why dont you talk about TINAPA? Talk about JOS! Why not display the beutifully dressed Nigerian Women? Apapa Recreation club?  There is a lot happening in that ur place and you people are just hammering on its 'weak' points.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by angel101(f): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2007
You can find more pics of nigeria here

http://www.tropix.co.uk/region_files/nigeria7.htm
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by angel101(f): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2007
Thank you angelheart
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by uchetobi(f): 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2007
we need to see more of https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-52256.32.html
Cudos to the poster of those lovely pictures
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by simplyme3(f): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2007
Thumbs up for UcheTobi & to Angel101. Thumbs down to poster
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Angelheart: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2007
Uchetobi and Angel101,

That is more like it! wink
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by deb(m): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2007
I don't know why Nigerians enjoy painting themselves
black in the face of the world.

When other countries try as much as possible to hide the negative
aspect of their lives, Nigerians on the other hand enjoy making a
mountain out of their own.

Recently a former Ambassador of US to Nigeria (A black man) was interviewed on CNN
and the CNN reporter was talking about how corrupt Nigeria's electoral process was.
The Ambassador had to remind her of how the US elections was rigged massively in chicago.
As this guys was giving devastating facts about how corrupt the US election was, his face was
yanked off the screen to prevent him from further exposing United States.

You see what I mean. CNN can happily talk bad of Nigeria but would not allow anyone to
talk bad about US to the world.

Let us learn to be patriotic a little. The truth is that there are far more beautiful places in Nigeria
than the picture this thread is trying to paint.

Pain -  may you get out of your grief! embarassed
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by dafman(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2007
There are lots of people living in despicable conditions in Nigeria agreed, but what exactly is your point in pasting such pictures all over the forum, to make yourself feel good? if you feel so bad about it then go and do something positive about it, form an ngo or something, one person can make a difference.

Have you not heard the very wise saying that when you point one finger at somebody four fingers are pointing at you?
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by youngies(m): 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2007
Thumbs down to the poster!

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Bolarge(m): 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2007
There's a Yoruba adage that says "Omo ale ni nfowo osi juwe ile baba re" = "It's only a bastard that uses the left hand to point to his father's house" = All Naija bashers, y'all figure it out.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by youngies(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2007
more thumbs down for the poster  tongue

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by chichimma(f): 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2007
Most of you have said already what I have in my mind for example Angelheart !

I am tired of the Nigerians painting Nigeria black!
The way too move forward is not with pessimistic views and lamentations but with positive thinking and views!
About two years ago I choose Nigeria to do my internship prior I left the negative feedback I received from my fellow Nigerians was shocking shocked
Why am I going to do my placement in that God forsakken country? Am I crazy? Why not take a proper training in US or UK? what does Nigeria has to offer then corruption? You will come back without any achievement and empty? The list goes on and on! However that did not stop me I went and stayed approximately 8- 9 months ! I loved it and learned a lot about the company and the business environment. I felt blessed and enjoyed the things we so much miss when we are in Europe such as the family feeling, compassion, good food, fun, laughter, spirtiualism upliftment, music, beach, entertainment and so much more!

If you take the positive things that you encounter in Nigeria there is no way the negative things will overshadow. Let's show the brighter side of things in that country because there are so many of it! Last year my sister made so many pictures of the East and Lagos, I will check if I can get my hands on them and post it, you will love it!
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Gamine(f): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2007
Kuramo waters

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Ndipe(m): 4:46am On Jul 25, 2007
The poster did nothing wrong in posting the picture in the first place. That's reality in some parts of Nigeria, and maybe some other parts of Africa. So, while we may be fanning ourselves on the accomplishments of Nigeria, like the establishment of shopping centers, Tinapa, a phenomenal growth in the stock market, and the cancellation of our debt, the truth is that Nigeria has not benefitted some of the masses there. We need to quit living in denial and accept the fact. I was turned off by the picture, but then again, I had to remind myself that others have it worse than I do. Rather than getting irate over the decision of the poster to place those pictures on the net, it should rather galvanize us in instituting a social change/order in the society.

Cornfirmation and Corndition, ok, that got me laughing so hard!
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by VOR(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2007
I say thanks to the original poster for posting the pics.
We need a balanced view of what Lagos and indeed
Nigeria are really like.

The pics of Abuja and the skyscrapers in Lagos contained
on other threads here on the travel section do not represent
what the majority of people in Nigeria are going through daily
and they are a gross distortion of the reality.

We are too easily pleased as a people because we do not have standards.
A couple of skyscrapers here, a roundabout with nice flowers there, a governor
uses state funds to build a glorified shopping centre and holiday resort and we
begin to think we are living in paradise. Nonsense angry angry angry angry
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Bolarge(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2007
VOR:

IA couple of skyscrapers here, a roundabout with nice flowers there, a governor
uses state funds to build a glorified shopping centre and holiday resort and we
begin to think we are living in paradise. Nonsense
angry angry angry angry
Nobody thinks or believes we're living in paradise the same way nobody believes it's wrong to have dirty linen nor is it a crime to wash ur dirty linen. It however takes a fool to do it in public. End of story.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Pain(m): 4:39am On Jul 27, 2007
Bolarge:

Nobody thinks or believes we're living in paradise the same way nobody believes it's wrong to have dirty linen nor is it a crime to wash your dirty linen. It however takes a fool to do it in public. End of story.

THE STORY JUST BEGAN
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by simplyme3(f): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2007
where is paradise? even people in America dont think they are in paradise - common - have at least a little love for your country.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by londoner: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2007
Its good to present a balanced view, but that was not the original posters intention, because he or she deliberately failed to show both the good and bad of Lagos.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by erico2k2(m): 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2008
hey guys, for all you who think Nigeria is shit I got just these few pics for you

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2008
more

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by tpia: 1:18am On Jun 27, 2008
can somebody please tell me what's the problem with people eating corn? Why is that photo being used to bash Nigeria (as usual)?

Is it because the corn sellers arent white/Arab guys selling suya/kebab in the hot sun on New York streets, that its a bad thing?

stupidity knows no bounds, does it. shocked shocked

In New York, roadside vendors sell everything from suya to hotdogs to soft drinks, but I don't hear any daft Nigerian bushwhacker looking down on them because of it. Indeed, they will even consider themselves blessed to be able to buy these things from the street sellers.

Common sense is indeed uncommon.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by dblock(m): 7:21am On Jun 27, 2008
Some people don't even know the Poverty Rate in Nigeria

What is the Poverty Rate in Nigeria
What is the Poverty Rate in Ghana
What is the Poverty Rate in South Africa
What is the Poverty Rate in America

You'll actually find that the Poverty rate in Nigeria is only a bit more than the Poverty rate in South Africa, and although the poverty rate is said to be twice the Poverty rate of Ghana or 4 times the Poverty of America, the statistics might actually be less if you consider that 80% of Nigeria's economy is informal

Poverty itself, is when a decent living cannot be guaranteed. For all those people that are living in Nigeria or have lived in Nigeria, can you tell me that More than half of the country are struggling to stay alive.

we know of slums in Sango, Ajegunle, Niger Delta, Surulere, Makoko etc etc, but aren't the vast majority of Nigerians the Middle class that are financially accounted for in the informal market.

Yes there is Poverty, and it is a very large part of the population, but is it really as high as it is said to be.

Why is it that even after the ongoing food crisis, Nigeria has been dismissed as a country that will be hard hit.

Are you telling me that most Nigerians live in places like Ajegunle.

Because I have lived in Nigeria, in Ibadan, and Jos, and have been to lagos on a few occasions and I will tell you that the Average Nigeria, deals with infrastructural woes, deals with certain hardships, but cannot be said to be in Poverty.

In Nigeria I was at an onslaught of different foods, here in Australia the grocery prices are steep
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by bunmii(f): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
that killing picture on the front page was totally not neccessary
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Angelheart: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
bunmii:

that killing picture on the front page was totally not neccessary

I agree with you there!! The man was just hating on South Africa!
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by davidif: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2009
poster,
oga poster, you wicked oooooooooooo. he he he
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Larrykyo(m): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2009
F**k Nigeria , is this a country ? e no go better for person wey say make i no travel this yr cry The Painfull part of it is that , The people that will insult you or discourage u not to travel abroa,that there's no work etc and dem dey abroad they live well o, Them they eat, wear cloth,send small change to mama and papa, abi whats the divination of living well

I'm frustrated jor , i must travel to any Europe this yr,lemme go and see how things no easy and hw una dey suffer so tey none of una dey come back home,make we all they suffer and struggle together. cry

Bite me for saying this
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Larrykyo(m): 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2009
see the graphics of those photo self? see as hin take dry ? embarassed
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by londoner: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2009
I really dont think 80% of Nigerians live like that at all. Its an exaggreration IMO.

I dont think the poster is taking to account all of the states which make up Nigeria, but rather Lagos, and maybe some cities in the East.There are many people (most even) who are poor and living in the village, and their sorroundings look a sight better than that.

Please tell me which developing country does not have slums which look just like what was posted.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2009
I wish people would post pictures of other places in Nigeria besides Lagos, Abuja and PH.

not pictures from bad belle people but just photos showing various other towns and villages across the country.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by londoner: 1:26am On Oct 26, 2009
@tpia, whats wrong with you taking the time to find those pics and posting them here?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Ever Private Golf Resort / How Do I Get Bus From Abuja To Minna Or Kontagora / Partial Collapse Of 21-Storey Skyscraper In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.