Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation (10431 Views)

Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? / Family Palava, Is She Right In Filing For A Divorce or Wrong? (Photo) / Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2021
It is quite understandable that due to some factors whether logical or otherwise, many marriages fail to stand the test of time. Though, unlike before, the rate at which marriages get dissolved in recent time is steadily on the increase. A lot of theories have been advanced to explain this surge. However, the focus for today is on how separated parents could still be actively involved and present in the lives of their children.

On many occasions, it has occurred that parents get cut off from their kids for one reason or the other when the marriage is no longer viable. From physical distance to emotional distance, divorced parents sometimes find it quite difficult to keep a smooth flowing connection with their children.

In cases where custody is granted to one of the parent, it becomes a horrific task on the other parent to try and be involved and active in the life or the child or children as the case may be. So we see that the quest of Separated parents to reach out and be with their kids is not really and easy one.
Uncertainties about how to deal with children after calling off a union is much. Thus, parents are left to wonder what to do and even feel terrible for the way things went. Thus, this article is designed to serve as a guide to parents in this type of situation.

One key way of connecting with kids after separation is by maintaining a functional physical presence. Sadly, a number of parents become totally absent from their kids if the marriage fails. Frequently, a parent who is not in custody of the child or children completely alienates his or herself from the kids maybe due to having another family or due to the division of the home. In no time, there is going to be a breach in communication between such a parent and the children.

Thus, though the family is no longer together, parents who want to enjoy a good rapport with their kids and be able to create impact and have influence in the lives of their kids must make every effort to be physically present. There has to be regular and frequent physical meet ups and spending of quality time together.

Ensuring adequate provision of daily and material needs can help in fostering a cordial relationship between parents and kids even when the home is no longer together. Giving children the needed and necessary care will reassure them of being wanted and loved by the parents. They will understand that they have not become less important just because their parents are no longer together.
Having their needs promptly and adequately catered for takes away the chance for doubts and accusations of insensitivity.

Another great way to maintain a cordial relationship with kids is being willing to come together and cooperate with the each other when making major plans concerning their kids. This will communicate to a large extent to kids that they still ocupy a great position of priority. Children will most likely accept decisions and plans agreed upon by both parents and be willing to go through with such. So, if the wish is to keep close to your kids, you should not let some crucial decisions to be taken by only one parent.

Still on the measures to maintain an active and viable connection with kids after the home has been broken is maintaining a functional line of communication. To be involved, you need to know what is going on. Thus, the only way to keep updated with what is going on in your kid’s life is by frequently interacting.

Through these interactions, it will be easy to obtain necessary information and be able to act accordingly. Sometimes, kids may just need someone to talk to, if you are not constantly in touch, it iS very easy for there to be a lull in your flow and in your relationship with your kids.

It has often been said, that it is pointless crying over spilt milk. On the contrary, steps should be taken by the parents to ensure that their separation does not tell on the kids or bring up more harmful conditions. So, it is wise for parents to try all possible ways to remain relevant and welcomed in the life of their kids.
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/08/30/effective-ways-of-connecting-with-your-kids-after-divorce-or-separation/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by brushesz: 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Parents should try as much as possible to avoid divorce.
Kids raised by separated parents cannot be like normal kids.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Mewhizzp(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
Too Long

Summary Please angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by rattlesnake(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
The write up is too long
ALL THAT ITS SAYING IS WHAT WE KNOW

BE VISITING YOUR KIDS

CHIKENA

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Frales6(f): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
Motivational speaker dem

2 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by richmond500: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
K
Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by gambia(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
Interesting, please tell them.
Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by FalseProphet1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
I see a great number of Nigerian men benefitting from this thread once the DNA lab in lekki kicks off their tests, I see lawyers and judges breaking down as a result of the magnitude of divorce cases they'll be subjected to listen and attend to on a daily basis, I see young single men vowing not to pay bride price for any girl who isn't a virgin, I see marriages becoming very scarce, I see baby Mamas becoming the most recognized option for men.

This I have seen.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by haconjy(m): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Just forget it since you decided to divorce

2 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by OKOATA(m): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
angry
After me and my ex got separated, she wanted to keep my child away from me, the stubborn lady won't even let me see her even though I pay the school fees etc. I tried everything possible but since she wouldn't listen I just went straight to family welfare and now we have equal custody.

13 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Katier00(f): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Frales6:
Motivational speaker dem
before nko
Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by MufasaLion: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Someone like me that's not interested in marriage won't face this. grin

1 Like

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Charmingrascal(m): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
brushesz:
Why divorce in the first place?

If you are in an abusive marriage, DIVORCE!!!

Don't allow "what will people say" make you loose your life to an abusive partner whether you are a man or a woman run for your life.

14 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Iamicekid(m): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Their ain’t no template to this thing, just be good and look out for the characters of the kind of woman, u want to have a child with or settle with, so has to know if she won’t be bitter if things later go sour between u guys, but at the end of the day just be good don’t slave yourself for anyone, when kids grow up they would know who the real problem is, no matter what there mother don put inside them

4 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by TalkingBird: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by McOluOmo: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Thanks man

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by MufasaLion: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Charmingrascal:

If you are in an abusive marriage, DIVORCE!!!

No truer words.

3 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Bustincole(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Solution to breakup in Marriage

PUT THE RING ON THE RIGHT HAND

practice it and Tank me later
Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by FVckbubuDcow: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
brushesz:

Marriage is not a do or die affair.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by DropsMic(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hmm
Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Ekakamba: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
FVckbubuDcow:

Na people wey get sense know this!

2 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by dontro(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
But if you can avoid divorce, by all means do

3 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
I no dey connect shit if she carry the children go I go born another children with another woman if Sapa catch them make them no near me.

5 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by dex4sure: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
If u no fit marrry abeg remain single, even bible talk am.. marriage no be do or die affair

2 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by Eriokanmi: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
brushesz:
True but most of the divorce nowadays are caused by women, all in the name of feminism

5 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by sammirano: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
angry angry angry. Divorce is not registered in the book of God. Therefore, any advice or whatever for divorced couple is nonsensical. It says for better for worse, so if you feel for one reason or the other your marriage can't work, it would have been better to not be married at all. Divorced couple are annoying (I'm being nice here), and it show incapacitation (holistically) of involved persons. I will never trust a divorcee with anything.

3 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by wonlasewonimi: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
FVckbubuDcow:

but, they say till death do us part
Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by LblaqueHaven(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
God hate divorce, 2 wise people cannot be in a home. if one is claiming to be wise, one has to play the role of a fool. na mumu dey reap her labour in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by vickydevoka(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2021
brushesz:
Divorce is sometimes good. Buh in Philippines de don't divorce easily bcus it's a Roman Catholic country. You and your man can go ur separate ways, buh de can't grant u a divorce paper. Even if de do. De process is very very hectic.

3 Likes

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by ceeceeuwa: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
brushesz:
Toxic marriage is not good for kids either

1 Like

Re: Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation by lonelydora: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
Our mothers endured more than what these young women are enduring now, and they didn't leave our fathers.

Any little thing, I'm not marrying again. Nonsense

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? / Spanking Your Child In Public / Married But Bored And Lonely??, Meet Other Married People Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.