Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

South Africa: The Real Giant Of Africa? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South Africa: The Real Giant Of Africa? (13952 Views)

Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! / Africa, The Next China - US Senator / Who Is The Real Giant Of Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa: The Real Giant Of Africa? by paniki(m): 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
AjanleKoko:

What does that graphic mean?

It shows where the Walmart Americans have landed through purchasing Massmart and they will soon spread all over the continent.
Re: South Africa: The Real Giant Of Africa? by AjanleKoko: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2011
paniki:

It shows where the Walmart Americans have landed through purchasing Massmart and they will soon spread all over the continent.

Spreading doesn't equate to success. I don't know how successful Shoprite is in Naija, but I can see they have tried to carry a lot more local stuff, so they can be more competitive. Most of their goods from SA just rot on the shelves.
Same goes for Game. It would be near impossible for any so-called mega-retailer to be successful in Nigeria and compete with the likes of Balogun and Tejuosho markets.
Re: South Africa: The Real Giant Of Africa? by BigD2: 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2011
It is funny Morpheus how you say that SA is a quasi african state or whatever. Is egypt then also because the “natives“ arent black? The whites in SA are as native to Africa as anyone else here. Seeing as the bantu people representing most of the blacks in SA also moved here from central africa then they should also from now on be called settlers.
Re: South Africa: The Real Giant Of Africa? by tck2000(m): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2019
Had

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Own Work At Home Online Business / Buyers Reject Nigerian Crude As Glut Looms / How Do I Withdraw My Cash Now From Clickbank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.