Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:30 PM

Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident (40649 Views)

One Dies And 14 Others Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Onitsha / Multiple Car Accidents Along Benin-Ore Express Road, Many Feared Dead / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by JennyOfOldstones(f): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Originalsly:

Now it makes sense... thanks a million. After all.... braking issues with the truck really caused the carnage ... but you painted a clear picture of the area and the reason why a stopping on the slope let alone a checkpoint at the bottom is dangerous. Thanks again.
No problem!
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by abatically(m): 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
JennyOfOldstones:
I live quite close to where it happened and I was there a few minutes after the accident. That area is a steep slope/hill and is a bridge bordered by a deep gully and a river. The police are fond of setting up a roadblock at the mouth of the bridge to collect money from motorists which causes a traffic jam. Because of the slopey nature of the road, tankers and large trucks are always having accidents on that stretch of the road and that was exactly what happened this time around. An incoming water tanker had issues with braking and because of the momentum it had gained while driving down the slope was unable to stop and it hit multiple cars in the traffic jam the police had caused...even knocking some of them off the bridge and into the gully. Thank God they didn't fall into the river.

Why is it the Police's fault? That road is a high risk area ordinarily; cars are not supposed to linger there longer than necessary and if not for the traffic jam they caused, casualties would have been minimized.

Thanks for the explanation, at least u are able to explain how it happened. Normally road blocks should never be monunted where there's a slope, it's risky and those policemen should be held responsible. Ur explanation is much better than those with herd mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by iokpebholo: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
JennyOfOldstones:
If you had simply read the explanation I referred to in the last sentence, you wouldn't quote me to say this nonsense
propaganda.....where u there when d accident occurred?
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by JennyOfOldstones(f): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
iokpebholo:
propaganda.....where u there when d accident occurred?
Yes I was and I suggest you also learn what propaganda actually means

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Gfskw: 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Really
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by turbotech11: 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
Watch how our madam.. sorry governor will go there tomorrow (if he does at all) & proclaim that Enugu is in the hands of God....... Very nonsensical hunan being....Enugu state that i loved so much is now a shadow of its former self..... Tufiakwa!!!!!!
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Mayng01(m): 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
DrChukki:

I want to believe you posted this to book space... If it's your main comment my brother i no get brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria / Easiest Way Of Getting Permanent Residence In Europe / Man Crushed Beyond Recognition In Orile, Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.