Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident (40464 Views)

One Dies And 14 Others Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Onitsha / Multiple Car Accidents Along Benin-Ore Express Road, Many Feared Dead / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Franking: 11:43am On Sep 30, 2021
Miscreants oya blame it on IPOB too since it happened in the South East.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by IMASTEX: 11:43am On Sep 30, 2021
rayvelez:
Very useless policemen always behaving like as gangster they are.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by pacino26(m): 11:43am On Sep 30, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's simple: You cannot arm a man, pay him peanuts and expect him to give his best to his job. The truth is, nothing motivates workers like a juicy salary. Everything else is secondary. A good number of people join the police because they couldn't get a decent job. It ought not to be so.

Things you need to know; there's a weekly operational fund for logistics and special duty allowances in the NPF, road block doesn't count as one of those special duty except when conducted by Highway Patrol Team. The NPF operates three shifts a day and this gives any sane individual time to Side hustle workers in state ministries earn less BTW. As for the armed extortion, the IGP X-squad left their mandate of checkmating police officers and became another branch of stealing on its own bearing the name Monitoring Team.

So yes their pay is nothing to write home about and it doesn't justify the rot associated with most of them.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by pacespot(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2021
They insisted on doing things in their own way but when the consequence happened, they abandoned people to their fate. I thought severally people have asked for these police checkpoints to be stopped or at least reduced, reason why unknown gunmen are attacking them

This same tragedy can be applied to Nigerian government, they go about attacking everything about the youth, from crypto to social media and the so called arresting of yahoo boys. But when the consequences of their action are exploded on the youth, they will simply abandon them to their fate, for instance, if you are broke and unable to foot your hospital bills for the critical ailment you are suffering from, is there any government hospital or clinic that can assist you and treat you for free? I go to many government hospitals and medical centers and regularly see how many people there are left to die on their fate because of their inability to make a small deposit to effect their treatments. Nigerian governments don't care about you but they will still come after you when you try to survive the odds they've placed in front of you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by DrChukki: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2021
Mayng01:
Lol

I want to believe you posted this to book space... If it's your main comment my brother you no get brain
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Ushman333: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
The road blocks are there in the East for a good reason, but I understand why people will be scared to stop these days, the region is not safe.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Ooye12: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nigerian police like chasing yahoo boi up and down .. like trophy and cat fish Pepe soup grin
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by peterious10(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Emmac433:
Policemen Ran Away After Their Road Block Caused Multiple Car Crash in Abakpa, Enugu, Many Wounded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhBTvDSxSgg

BE like say the first thing wey dem teach dem for police is how to extort motorist, cause kasala and run away... Even if armed robbery is going on, they will still run away.

Awon oloriburuku gbogbo.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ogwuigbo update come o.....there's a way to twist this one so it looks IPOB

Pls go there tomorrow they might even have left a SIGNBOARD THAT READS IPOB CAUSED THIS ACCIDENT TO HURT NDI IGBO

or maybe left a BIAFRA FLAG BEHIND PLS CHEVK WELL AND SNAP IT FOR US.....
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by OBTMOS(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sometimes this people are not real police
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Newton2024: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
TheGiftedOne:
Nigerian Police evil Force (NPeF). These guys hardly have sense.
They can never have sense unless we allow unknown gunmen to give the sense. They are a bunch of useless entity.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by abatically(m): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Deepfeel:

Please shut up

He is actually making sense. Let's stop allowing sentiments to cloud our judgements. This post did not in any way state how the Police is the cause of the accident, neither did the video. I understand we all don't like the police so it is easy to create a propaganda against them at every opportunity. The poster did not state how the police caused this accident.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by ma373733(m): 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
ezenwajosh:
Ogwuigbo update come o.....there's a way to twist this one so it looks IPOB

Pls go there tomorrow they might even have left a SIGNBOARD THAT READS IPOB CAUSED THIS ACCIDENT TO HURT NDI IGBO

or maybe left a BIAFRA FLAG BEHIND PLS CHEVK WELL AND SNAP IT FOR US.....

grin

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by alizma: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
As much as I blame the police, I also question the level of speed by the various drivers that could cause such accident considering that the location is a residential area. Some people will say this cannot happened in some countries that is true but in those countries, there are speed limit control and if you go above the stated limit, you will be penalized.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Blaze232(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
Same thing DAT happened in ORE- BENIN EXPRESS ROAD THEM BEAT HELL COME OUT FOR THEM POLICE BODY LAST WEEK
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by JennyOfOldstones(f): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Originalsly:
I'm missing something.... how is it the Police caused the accident? I can understand if they began shooting at the vehicles and everybody was trying to get away. Can someone explain how a checkpoint can result in this carnage? All I'm seeing is a bunch of reckless drivers... speeding along... not keeping a safe distance behind the vehicle in front of them and having brake issues at the same time. Reckless driving is all I'm seeing.
I live quite close to where it happened and I was there a few minutes after the accident. That area is a steep slope/hill and is a bridge bordered by a deep gully and a river. The police are fond of setting up a roadblock at the mouth of the bridge to collect money from motorists which causes a traffic jam. Because of the slopey nature of the road, tankers and large trucks are always having accidents on that stretch of the road and that was exactly what happened this time around. An incoming water tanker had issues with braking and because of the momentum it had gained while driving down the slope was unable to stop and it hit multiple cars in the traffic jam the police had caused...even knocking some of them off the bridge and into the gully. Thank God they didn't fall into the river.

Why is it the Police's fault? That road is a high risk area ordinarily; cars are not supposed to linger there longer than necessary and if not for the traffic jam they caused, casualties would have been minimized.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Foolishbuhari: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
My baby was at this accident. She called me as was shaking. Imagine I'd have lost my Wife cos of some stupid extortionists cum cops
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by stinechykee: 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
Emmac433:
Policemen Ran Away After Their Road Block Caused Multiple Car Crash in Abakpa, Enugu, Many Wounded.

where are those useless BMC,evil Yorubas,uncircumcised Housa/Fulanis that will be talking thrash when UGM kill these useless Police.You will not see those fools here to condemn this evil act from Police but when UGM visit them now those children of hate will land in a lightening speed to start talking rubbish against Igbos and IPOB but my happiness is that this new generation of Igbos don't give a f...ck what you evil Nigeria think or say about them
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by JennyOfOldstones(f): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2021
abatically:

He is actually making sense. Let's stop allowing sentiments to cloud our judgements. This post did not in any way state how the Police is the cause of the accident, neither did the video. I understand we all don't like the police so it is easy to create a propaganda against them at every opportunity. The poster did not state how the police caused this accident.
The police actually contributed a great deal to that accident. I live quite close to where it happened and I was at the scene a few minutes after it happened. I've already explained what happened in a post above

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by stinechykee: 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Emmac433:

This is why 99.9% Igbos support the activities of UGM and some fools will be advicing Igbos to denounce IPOB/ESN and UGM.Let me see any pig that will come here to tell me what IPOB/ESN and UGM did and what they did not do let thunder from Amadioha strike that zombie
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Originalsly: 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
JennyOfOldstones:

I live quite close to where it happened and I was there a few minutes after the accident. That area is a steep slope/hill and is a bridge bordered by a deep gully and a river. The police are fond of setting up a roadblock at the mouth of the bridge to collect money from motorists which causes a traffic jam. Because of the slopey nature of the road, tankers and large trucks are always having accidents on that stretch of the road and that was exactly what happened this time around. An incoming water tanker had issues with braking and because of the momentum it had gained while driving down the slope was unable to stop and it hit multiple cars in the traffic jam the police had caused...even knocking some of them off the bridge and into the gully. Thank God they didn't fall into the river.

Why is it the Police's fault? That road is a high risk area ordinarily; cars are not supposed to linger there longer than necessary and if not for the traffic jam they caused, casualties would have been minimized.

Now it makes sense... thanks a million. After all.... braking issues with the truck really caused the carnage ... but you painted a clear picture of the area and the reason why a stopping on the slope let alone a checkpoint at the bottom is dangerous. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by stinechykee: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
Una dun see am, tell me why won't indigenes support ESP or UGM in speaking a language uniform men understands?
I know that one Musa that has never stepped his foot beyond zamfara and katsina will start barking about ESN or one Sariki from Ogbomoso that has never traveled beyond osogbo before will start telling u how dreadful ESN are.
Remember, this is one of the issue that brought out UGM. Must u extor motorist?
They are lucky that UGM are having their breakfast, if not, they would hv understood the same language
I DON'T KNOW WHY I HATE POLICE SO MUCH, BCS OF THE HATRED THAT I STOPPED RENDERING SERVICE TO ONE OF THEM. BABA DUN CALL ME TIRE
Trust me you will never ever see those resident zombie here to comment on this evil act but if it's Police that is attacked by UGM they will arrive here with a speed of lightning and start telling Igbos how they love them but they should distance themselves from IPOB/ESN or UGM.My happiness is that the present Igbos know them and their divide and rule tactics which doesn't work on Igbos
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by iokpebholo: 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
JennyOfOldstones:
The police actually contributed a great deal to that accident. I live quite close to where it happened and I was at the scene a few minutes after it happened. I've already explained what happened in a post above
What of d tanker driver that refuse to stop on sighting a security check point.We like twisting facts and playing d victim mentality in this country..Am not holding brief for d corrupt policemen but we should at least law abiding citizens always.When u see a security checkpoint pls slow down but ensure u record everything that happen in case of extortion

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
stinechykee:
Trust me you will never ever see those resident zombie here to comment on this evil act but if it's Police that is attacked by UGM they will arrive here with a speed of lightning and start telling Igbos how they love them but they should distance themselves from IPOB/ESN or UGM.My happiness is that the present Igbos know them and their divide and rule tactics which doesn't work on Igbos
Don't mind those vagabonds.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Deepfeel(m): 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
abatically:

You won't have questioned the report if it said ipob caused it would you? Police mounting road blocks have caused a lot of accidents in Nigeria it's not new
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by stinechykee: 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
Antoeni:
Its Like God has Placed a Curse on South East .
No Good News For the Past 7Months
They Need Serious Cleansing
Is you and your entire generation God place curse on
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by UnabashedIPOB: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
They should go after that mutha fvcker (police) and teach a lesson that he would never forget.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by stinechykee: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Originalsly:
I'm missing something.... how is it the Police caused the accident? I can understand if they began shooting at the vehicles and everybody was trying to get away. Can someone explain how a checkpoint can result in this carnage? All I'm seeing is a bunch of reckless drivers... speeding along... not keeping a safe distance behind the vehicle in front of them and having brake issues at the same time. Reckless driving is all I'm seeing.
Zombie I know you are trying to be smart by half but i will tell you how Police cause accident since you have the lowest IQ.With road block such like the one in South East when Police collet there usual bribe it will cause the traffic jam and if car fail break guess what the outcome will be and that was exactly what happened yesterday in Abakpa,Enugu.Hope I have explained to you now how the accident happened??
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by Originalsly: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
stinechykee:

Zombie I know you are trying to be smart by half but i will tell you how Police cause accident since you have the lowest IQ.With road block such like the one in South East when Police collet there usual bribe it will cause the traffic jam and if car fail break guess what the outcome will be and that was exactly what happened yesterday in Abakpa,Enugu.Hope I have explained to you now how the accident happened??

Scroll up.....read what JennyOfoldstones wrote ....then reread this your comment .... hopefully you can learn something.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by abatically(m): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
Deepfeel:

You won't have questioned the report if it said ipob caused it would you? Police mounting road blocks have caused a lot of accidents in Nigeria it's not new

Of course I would have questioned if the report said it was ipob that caused it. I don't like half baked stories, anyone can post anything to promote a propaganda.
Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by JennyOfOldstones(f): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
iokpebholo:
What of d tanker driver that refuse to stop on sighting a security check point.We like twisting facts and playing d victim mentality in this country..Am not holding brief for d corrupt policemen but we should at least law abiding citizens always.When u see a security checkpoint pls slow down but ensure u record everything that happen in case of extortion
If you had simply read the explanation I referred to in the last sentence, you wouldn't quote me to say this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident by bigcasava1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Useless Nigeria police. Make una continue to block road for southeast because of extortion una go pay with una life. Idiots!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta / Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) / Man’s Parked Jeep Wrangler Smashed By A Tree Being Cut In ikoyi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.