Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC (10907 Views)

Cash Transfer: FG Disqualifies Nigerians Without NIN, BVN, CBN Begins Payment / Akin Alabi: LP Won’t Get 15 Votes, Party Is Online Content / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by NewFolm4(m): 5:18am On Sep 30, 2021
The Nigerian Communications Commission says the October 31 deadline for linking their National Identity Numbers with their Subscriber Identity Modules remains sacrosanct.

It also said that Nigerians without NIN would soon be denied the opportunity of acquiring driving licences and passports.

The commission said at the NCC Digital Signature radio programme, which transmitted the second episode of Telecoms Consumer Town Hall on Radio (live on a radio station in Lagos to discuss benefits of NIN-SIM integration.

This was disclosed in a statement titled ‘NIN-SIM Integration: NCC sensitises telecom consumers on October 31 Deadline’ signed by NCC’s Director of Public Affairs, Dr Ikechukwu Adinde, on Wednesday.

The statement read, “NCC has reminded and urged telecoms consumers to link their NINs with their SIMs before the expiration of the deadline of October 31, 2021 set by the Federal Government.”

It added, “Speaking during the live programme, Director, Public Affairs, NCC, Dr Ikechukwu Adinde, advised Nigerians to make use of the extension of the NIN-SIM integration exercise to October 31, 2021, to enrol with NIMC, get their NINs and link them to their SIMs.”

Adinde said, “Soon, people without NIN will be denied of necessary services that play vital roles in their lives including acquisition of driving licence, passport.”

The statement further said, “On the benefits of the NIN-SIM integration, Adinde said the exercise will significantly enhance national security as NIN is the primary identity for Nigerians, stressing that in line with Federal Government’s commitment to ensure that Nigeria deploys technology to improve service delivery, the NIN-SIM database will enhance citizens’ access to government services.”

Also speaking on the show, NCC’s Director of Consumer Affairs Bureau of NCC, Efosa Idehen, said, “Those SIMs without unique identification could be used to commit crimes that remain untraceable.”

The Regional Director of NIMC in Lagos, Funmi Opesanwo, who also spoke on the programme, said that submission of NIN to a mobile network provider helped to provide a means of verifying an individual’s identity and safeguarding both identity and mobile line.
https://punchng.com/nigerians-without-nin-wont-get-passports-driving-licence-ncc/

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Fahdiga(m): 5:19am On Sep 30, 2021
It still doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is a failed state under Buhari

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Sleyk: 5:22am On Sep 30, 2021
What about the foreigners with NIN? Will they now collect riders cards too?

Nonsense and ingredients..... Everyday, children are born oooo yet NIN won't be assigned to them from birth as true citizens but it been issued to foreigners from his first cousin country.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by geesilver(m): 5:22am On Sep 30, 2021
No problem as long as we wouldn't be denied right to life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Folabifreeman(m): 5:22am On Sep 30, 2021
Yuyu
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by dasparrow: 5:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Thank God I have a NIN. Government should ensure that they issue NIN to Nigerians promptly so that people can apply for their passports if they so choose.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Dozie32(m): 5:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Is this law also applicable to Foolanis?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by HustlePro: 5:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Make una just do and get out...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by chukwuibuipob: 5:23am On Sep 30, 2021
grin Useless pipu with all their closure threatening sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by tobenuel(m): 5:25am On Sep 30, 2021
This shit ain't real
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Sleyk: 5:25am On Sep 30, 2021
dasparrow:
Thank God I have a NIN

Fulani from niger also has it... nothing to thank God for you hear....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by b3llo(m): 5:25am On Sep 30, 2021
I support! Any nation without proper database of its citizen wont prosper.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Briells: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Okay o!!!

Contact me for your end of the year food stuff sharing... crayfish, stockfish, ogbono, dryfish etc...
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by BluntCrazeMan: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Lairs Everywhere.!!
They said that the main aim of NIN was to curb criminality..
Now, they are using the NIN to punish innocent Nigerians.
Is the nonsense NIN curbing any criminality yet?
NO..
They are shutting down networks in some areas because of the same criminals, instead of using the NIN to identify the criminals.
Now, they are punishing innocent Nigerians with the NIN, and giving senseless ultimatums.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2021
“It is criminal and fraudulent to pre-register a SIM card in Nigeria and it is an offence punishable under the law.

“Though the Federal Government recently lifted the ban on sale of new SIM cards, it should be noted that proper registration of SIM cards and linking them to National Identity Number (NIN) before activation has now become a prerequisite
In the sane countries we want our country to be like, this is one of the ways they got to that great height.
USA couldn't have been a great country today without what they call their social security number, which each and every citizen must have.
If you commit any fraud or crime, or scam anyone, all your life is connected in one place.
Only in Nigeria that a man will commit a crime in Ibadan and run to Sokoto, and that will be the end of the case for years.....prolly forever!

The below is for SANE Nigerians and Nairalanders only,
Bad Energy Stay Far away if you don't wanna be Unfo..........

Your National Identification Number (NIN) is used to tie together all records about you – demographic data, fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture, other biometric data and digital signature – in the National Identity Database making it relatively easy to confirm and verify your identity when you engage in travels and transactions.

This vital feature of the NIN makes it pivotal for all citizens (home and abroad) as well as legal residents of Nigeria to endeavour to obtain their unique NINs as soon as they can.

Be sure you provide the right information about yourself while your data is captured during enrolment for your NIN, that will be the information legally identifying you for life whenever your NIN is used.

One can see how important the NIN is to an individual:

it is used for retrieving your captured information from the National Identity Databaseyour matching information associated with your NIN can be then used to verify that you are really who you say you are.

To the society as a whole, the NINs issued,
help provide accurate records about actual living/dead persons in every region of the countryhelp keep track of actual transactions as well as movement of people within and out of the countryhelp confirm which individuals are in actual need of particular Government services, e.g. age and retirement confirmation for pensioners.

When it comes to access to vital services (like passport issuance, banking services, land transactions, insurance services, pension, health insurance, payment of taxes, voter’s registration, consumer credits, and all Government services), your NIN becomes necessary for:
cutting down the time needed for verifying documents to properly identify you in order to access the services you requirereducing errors in allocation of services to the right peopleprevention of fraud (419) where someone else impersonates youverification of the real identity of other people you go into financial or business transactions with or even people you wish to employ such as house helpensuring you are properly identified when receiving health services, e.g. verifying the actual blood types of blood donors at hospitalsverification of voter eligibility during elections.

Slow and Steady, Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Kobojunkie: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Sleyk:
What about the foreigners with NIN? Will they now collect riders cards too?

Nonsense and ingredients..... Everyday, children are born oooo yet NIN won't be assigned to them from birth as true citizens but it been issued to foreigners from his first cousin country.
How does one go about getting an NIN And is the NCC really the agency that administers It? undecided
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Grace001: 5:27am On Sep 30, 2021
It’s always the law and abiding citizens who go about their lawful businesses that always be at the receiving end of FG threat and suffering infliction

What concern bandits, Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram/iswap with NIN registration

They(bandits Boko Haram etc) are still doing their thing, so NIN can’t solve any security issue

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by NnamdiN: 5:27am On Sep 30, 2021
Hammering on NIN that hasn't solved one problem.
Bandits, terrorists, kidnappers, fraudsters all having a field day
Even with the so called NIN
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Kobojunkie: 5:28am On Sep 30, 2021
b3llo:
I support! Any nation without proper database of its citizen wont prosper.
So what govt organization is in charge of this database though? undecided
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Enyimbamercedes: 5:29am On Sep 30, 2021
How has it helped the security situation?

How many bandits have you caught or kidnappers have you traced by this initiative?

Rather you resort to shutting down telecom services to curb banditry meaning the entire exercise is just a massive waste of time!
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Aboguede(m): 5:29am On Sep 30, 2021
I fit do am for embassy?
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Aboguede(m): 5:31am On Sep 30, 2021
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Sleyk: 5:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Something is wrong with some Nigerian mentality, we don't ask critical questions.

why is it not mandatory to get NIN before the influx of these Fulanis from all west Africa?
I know it's good to know the citizens but why is it not done from birth, just issue directives to all hospital such that every child born is issued NIN from birth.

As for me for now, all these NIN noise for now is nonsense until this Fulani aboki in my area prove to me with our federal government on how he became a Nigerian is less than 6 years of stay, because he has NIN too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Yus2020: 5:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Every Law from Northern Fulani Jihadist Government is for Southerners while the north is so Lawless it shows there's no NIN registration that's why useless Apc government is shorting down telcos in the north because Fulani bandit and Boko Haram
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by GoodLord95: 5:34am On Sep 30, 2021
NewFolm4:

https://punchng.com/nigerians-without-nin-wont-get-passports-driving-licence-ncc
the NIN-SIM database will enhance citizens’ access to government services.” /

Rubbish, what are the nonsense government services??
Abi Nigeria want to start giving unemployment benefits like America ni ?
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Sleyk: 5:36am On Sep 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How does one go about getting an NIN And is the NCC really the agency that administers It? undecided

There are many shops outlets and offices for
NIN enrollment.
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by TRIGITIS: 5:36am On Sep 30, 2021
Fahdiga:
It still doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is a failed state under Buhari
Pls do you have a job? Or seun pays you allowance? How do you do it? I notice you make comment on every thread I open (which means you are present in other threads I don't open) and in almost all the cases, first comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Scottz: 5:37am On Sep 30, 2021
Leemaooo
Una no block SIM cards again? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by omoyankee3(m): 5:40am On Sep 30, 2021
okay
Re: Nigerians Without NIN Won’t Get Passports, Driving Licence – NCC by Fahdiga(m): 5:41am On Sep 30, 2021
TRIGITIS:

Pls do you have a job? Or seun pays you allowance? I notice you make comment on every thread I open (which means you are present in other threads I don't open) and in almost all the cases, first comment.
Thanks for the questions. First of all I'm a patriot who loves and wants the best for my country. I sacrifice my time to educate the masses like you on how to make our beloved country a better place for us and our children. I am fully engaged and well doing so you don't have to worry about me dear. My mission on nairaland is to speak the truth always no matter who's involved ok. I hope I've answered your question dear

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Gain A Kobo To Lose A Naira? By Dr. Okonjo-iweala / PDP: Obasa Should Submit Himself To EFCC Over Corrupt Allegations / Obasanjo: I Have No Preferred Candidate in 2023 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.