Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness (638 Views)

Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness / Adulthood Is A Scam / My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 30, 2021
So I officially accepted that my brain has changed this morning. You see they say it’s the little things in life that brings genuine happiness, and it’s very true. Nothing will excite you more than eating your favorite food, taking a shiiit when really pressed, having an orgasm, drinking water, sleeping etc. all these are the primary happiness in life, the rest are just secondary conditional happiness that don’t last a second, like having money, power or fame they come with conditions are are mostly temporary. But my problem is I have lost interest in the things that excited me as a kid and those things are just primary source of genuine happiness. I used to love playing video games, watching tv, playing football, chasing girls etc but since I got to my 30’s it’s all gone. I don’t sincerely enjoy doing any of those things, like I literally have no tv in my house even tho I can afford to buy five right now without blinking an eye, I don’t see the point as I know I would be so bored watching it. The only thing that is left giving me happiness now is the occasional sexualll urges that we humanly experience every now and then and once I orgasm I’m back to my depressed bored state. And I’m just stating my reality outside hustling for money, I’m talking about relaxing so don’t talk about me getting busy because I am , I’m just referring to when I’m not hustling. It’s this how adulthood feels? I would have been happy to share my life with a good woman and build a future but no such thing exists these days as the only girls out in society now are HOOKUP girls, everything is spoiled, I miss the 90s and early 2000’s ....life has lost its beauty in my eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by pansophist(m): 11:08am On Sep 30, 2021
People think life is material by nature, but no, life is immaterial. The most important thing in life is your goal, motivation, emotional, visions, happiness, being safe, radiating in your purpose that sustains you, seeing your family thrive, and more of such. So yes, I agree with you.

Most people have it the other way round. They think life is material, and spend their whole life chasing, acquiring, buying, pursuing, believing the trophy is out there, something they already have within.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by Sonnobax15(m): 11:23am On Sep 30, 2021
lipsrsealed
Life ain't really Worth living when the happiness is lost and gone embarassed

Op,it is well....I wanted to advise you to get a banny but the moment I read to where you said all bannies are into hook ups,na once I realize say na truth you talk......A banny who's suppose to be a nigha's better half,and a compassionate soul now tend to add more pain to his life sad. No be so e suppose be na...

But like seriously, adulthood may be boring at times compared to what we used to do during our childhood cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by Skullano(m): 11:24am On Sep 30, 2021
No be only you oooh, stages of life makes a lot of things change in our whole being.
Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by TarOrfeeek: 11:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Adulthood is fun.

You should make your happiness come from within.

Adopt the Stoic lifestyle of indifference to pain and pleasure.

Also adopt a value system that affects your daily routine.

3 Likes

Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by zexy2030(m): 11:32am On Sep 30, 2021
And someone will still come to rant AGE IS JUST A NUMBER. Age is not just a number, na ur body go tell you. RESPECT THE ELDERLY. THEY WENT THROUGH HELL IN NIGERIA TO REACH THAT AGE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by Assumptabeke(f): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
Started feeling this way about life after I turned 20.
I so much looked forward to being an adult when I was a child. But now, I just want to experience my childhood back. I miss being a child.

1 Like

Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by solidmyk(m): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
Childhood was filled with sweet memories, good times, and good future wishes. I think that's the reason we anticipated for adulthood. Meanwhile, being grown grown comes with lot of responsibility, we have lot of things to take care of and the sacrifices we are supposed to make for our loved ones, those stuffs gets us stressed up but we can also derive happiness through it if we're reminded of our good deeds esp when we see we're able to put smile on people's faces

1 Like

Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by okoroemeka(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Adulthood is fun.

adulthood is not fun,it comes with stress and responsility to do things you may not even like doing,also taking decisions you may not like,true happiness is the carefree years without responsibility,do you know that family burden can cause a dick to malfunction,if you owe landlord and still brainstorming how to provide for the family with bills flying left and right,pvssy will be the last thing on your mind,I discovered that 50% of my days in a month will be happy days the remaining days will be sad and unhappy days,it is not easy to be a man in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Adulthood Is Messing With My Happiness by pansophist(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Adulthood is fun.

This one have seen the light. I agree. Adopt the stoic lifestyle. It's the single antidote to the suffering of existence. I'm stoic myself and nothing freaks me. Praise me, I'll smile. Insult me, I'll see if your insult is true, adjust privately and move on. Tackle me, I avoid you, go physically aggressive, I bequeath justice to you.

See you next day, I buy you drink. Mess up, i collect my drink, break the bottle for your head, and move on. Hate me, na your head carry the hate not me, love me, that's nice. Betray me, I wonder why you didn't do it earlier, and make me waste my time. Say shit about me, I'll tell you more of my short comings, so you'll have more things about me to bittch about, afterall, I've never proclaimed perfection.

Sleep with my woman, I evaluate my female selection process, and take responsibility for not being meticulous enough to wrongly recruit an ashawo as my partner, after dumping her of course. Envy me, I keep being successful, giving the envious more reason to waste his life on envy instead of improving it. Want to be good? I'll help you achieve that. Want to be bad, I'll avoid you and see you as an example of what not to be.

Immaterial things give me joy, such as sports, reading, thinking, watching animals do their things, talking to love ones, writing, cooking, and forking. I'm a man afterall.

I'm that simple. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Men, While Chasing Money Chase Other Things Too (opinion) / I'm So Hot This Night Need A Girl / Why Do Young Gals Take More Time In The Bathroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.