Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness (5543 Views)

Love Is Ruining My Life Please I Need Advice / My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice / Help Help Facebook Is Ruining My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Adsexpert: 2:56pm On Jan 15, 2022
Honestly I don't know if am the only one.. this christainity of a thing is taking a toll on me..

I have anxiety and most times find it difficult to make decisions for myself or try to out my happiness first before others even though it's ruining me or not in my favor..

And I am trying to leave but still feel some intense fear , and that whenever I hear God Jesus, churches it begins to give me phobias..

Hell fire, the Jesus is coming of a thing and all those shits and voices in my head.. am so sick and tired of these ..

The best thing African parents should do to their children is letting them old enough, to decide if they want to be religious or not.. and not force them into anything..

Am thinking about it, like if something is giving me phobias and fears then I should stay sawy from it . Please don't bring in devil of a thing Rts is real
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2022
Religion is bullshit... There's no God, it's just us...

Discovering this broke my heart... I was never a fanatic... Just too deeply inlove with Jesus Christ... I wanted to be a saint and a nun... grin

I'm still grateful... My faith kept me when all was messed up... My dad had left and i was a little kid...

Now, I'm working up the courage to tell my boyfriend I'm an Atheist... He thinks I'm a Catholic.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Adsexpert: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2022
Datboredberry:

Discovering this broke my heart... I was never a fanatic... Just too deeply inlove with Jesyus Christ... I wanted to be a saint and a nun... grin

I'm still grateful... My faith kept me when all was messed up... My dad had left and i was a little kid...

Now, I'm working up the courage to tell my boyfriend I'm an Atheist... He thinks I'm a Catholic.

Sometimes this affects my sleep and all these random thoughts.. I believe in spirituality but this is way getting into my happiness of a shit and am beginning to believe there is no God, or if he exist , neither do we have free will..

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Righteousness2(m): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2022
Young Man, my Admonishment to you is to Genuiely Submit yourself to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ.

Life is filled with anxiety, fears, Worries and Confusion.
JESUS Christ is what Fills that vaccum and Emptiness in Man.

You Must also understand that this World is not our Home. It's only a Pathway to our Eternal Destination which is Heaven or Hell.

The Decision we make here on Earth is what will decide our Eternal Destination.

Whoever turns his/her back on JESUS Christ, have Signed and Sealed him/herself for Eternal Destruction in Hell.

Adsexpert:
Honestly I don't know if am the only one.. this christainity of a thing is taking a toll on me..

I have anxiety and most times find it difficult to make decisions for myself or try to out my happiness first before others even though it's ruining me or not in my favor..

And I am trying to leave but still feel some intense fear , and that whenever I hear God Jesus, churches it begins to give me phobias..

Hell fire, the Jesus is coming of a thing and all those shits and voices in my head.. am so sick and tired of these ..

The best thing African parents should do to their children is letting them old enough, to decide if they want to be religious or not.. and not force them into anything..

Am thinking about it, like if something is giving me phobias and fears then I should stay sawy from it . Please don't bring in devil of a thing Rts is real

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by mediainc: 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
grin
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
Adsexpert:

Sometimes this affects my sleep and all these random thoughts.. I believe in spirituality but this is way getting into my happiness of a shit and am beginning to believe there is no God, or if he exist , neither do we have free will..
Religion is self-contradictory... The devil is bad, yet God is the only one who murders and kills and even allowed his people to be slaves... The devil only hurt Job, and with permission from God... Weird, right?

All religions do is teach you to suffer and enjoy suffering and not ask any questions because that's a sin what would make you perish in a lake of fire for eternity...

There's no God... And if he does exist, he would be the bad guy... But he's not real...

He's just a comfortable thought by scared people in a cruel world...

That's why I want to retreat far away from civilisation someday...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

Nairalander's doomsday prophet...urrgh!!!

I still wonder why God always needs his middlemen... He can't just open the sky and speak...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Righteousness2(m): 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2022
Datboredberry:
Nairalander's doomsday prophet...urrgh!!!

I still wonder why God always needs his middlemen... He can't just open the sky and speak...

When you Cross over to the otherside without yielding yourself to what we speak here, you will wish you had listened to your "Doomsday prophet", but it will be Late.

Behave now and do the Needful.

6 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Adsexpert: 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

When you Cross over to the otherside without yielding yourself to what we speak here, you will wish you had listened to your "Doomsday prophet", but it will be Late.

Ok sir but what will happen on the dooms day sir... like what's the doom gan gan exactly..

And sir may I ask how those who wrote the bible , knew David ran into a temple naked laying down flat and praying to God.

Ad it was written that David went there alone and I don't think anyone has the guts to see the king's unclothedness..

Also sir , please expansiate how those people whom were not there when God created heaven and earth knew all the whole story??

3, if God knows people will rebel why is he choosing them in other to kill them and as well take glory in their downfall.?? If you believe Jesus is coming then you should believe that God knows people who will disobey , rebel and won't like him and still yet choose to destroy them , because they didn't bow or serve him with trembling.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by KeyStakeHolder: 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by marsman: 3:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
Datboredberry:

Discovering this broke my heart... I was never a fanatic... Just too deeply inlove with Jesus Christ... I wanted to be a saint and a nun... grin

So sad, the doubt took over.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by shigishege: 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
wink
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by doggedfighter(f): 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2022
grin
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

For one day, how about you preach about love and heaven and eternal peace...

Do you even have an idea what heaven looks like? I'm sure you know about hell since that's the only thing most of you care for... How about heaven? Do you even know what God looks like? Because we all know the devil has two horns and a serpent's tongue and he carries a big fork... What about your precious God? undecided

Fear is stale... undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by shigishege: 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

shut up your mouth and stop giving unreasonable threat in driving home your stupid believe.

8 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by doggedfighter(f): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

Lies.

5 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by doggedfighter(f): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Adsexpert:

Saying bye bye to religion was the best decision I made.

My life is so peaceful devoid of unnecessary man made fears of imaginary enemies or non existent demons trying to hurt one . grin

Or non existent hell.

I live life with open mind and I look forward to every day with joy.

No time to sit and listen to trash talk from business men while reading from a book filled with folk tales.

I think freely and appreciate humanity more.

Always thinking of how to better the life of humans.

Religion is a chain of slavery. A tool for subjgation ,exploitation and mindless brainwashing.

Choose freedom, dearie !

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by shigishege: 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
Righteousness2:
Young Man, my Admonishment to you is to Genuiely Submit yourself to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ.

You Must also understand that this World is not our Home. It's only a Pathway to our Eternal Destination which is Heaven or Hell.

Whoever turns his/her back on JESUS Christ, have have Signed and Sealed him/herself for Eternal Destruction in Hell.

if I'm the owner of this forum I would have blocked you away since. All of your so called men of God are nothing but deception. You don't even understand God or Jesus himself. I'm begging to stop following all this cock and bully stories of Jews which you guys brought here. I know there is spiritualism. There is Jesus, there is Devil, there is God/Allah, there is Buddha, there is other small small gods who are also powerful.

Among all this gods, I decided to follow Jesus and chose God instead of Allah because my parents are Christian. But when I look at the whole things nowadays, as a result of you people different noices about God and preachings about hell, heaven a d all that o decided to think about the whole this and relate them to everything that's going on nowadays but there is always a contradictory understanding about who Jesus is really., I really don't understand who is Jesus. So I'm begging to stop all these useless believe until I understand who Jesus is really.

I must understand the God I want to serve before following him

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
marsman:

So sad, the doubt took over.
Not really... It took several years... Trust me, it's hard to believe in someone you can't see, touch or even feel...

If the only proof of his existence is a story book written hundred of years ago by Arabs in a desert... Then I'll pass...

16 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Adsexpert: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

Whoever turns his/her back on JESUS Christ, have have Signed and Sealed him/herself for Eternal Destruction in Hell.

So if I decide not to believe in Jesus or turn to other things ,I am destined to be in hell and not have peace?

Wow! Must everything be about Jesus?

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by shigishege: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Datboredberry:
Religion is self-contradictory... The devil is bad, yet God is the only one who murders and kills and even allows his people to be slaves... The devil only hurt Job, and with permission from God... Weird, right?

All religion do is teach you to suffer and enjoy suffering and not ask any questions because that's a sin what would make you perish in a lake of fire for eternity...

There's no God... And if he does exist, he would be the bad guy... But he's not real...

He's just a comfortable thought by scared people in a cruel world...

That's why I want to retreat far away from civilisation someday...
you speak my mind here.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by folks4luv(f): 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by shigishege: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

you are saying all these and following who you say you are following not because you truly love that Jesus but because there is hell fire, you don't want to burn in it that's why you chose to abide by the rules he sets for you. If there has not been a threat of hell fire I'm sure you wouldnt have been giving yourself these stress of preaching up and down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by folks4luv(f): 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2022
Adsexpert:

1 John 4 [NIV]

[vs: 18] There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

You see the verse up there, letting it sink in will solve the issue of fear and anxiety that you are going through. There is a way you fear someone, not of terror but of love. Like a husband afraid to hurt his wife, not because the wife can get him killed but because he fears hurting the one he loves.
There is also a fear a woman have for her abusive husband. Not from the place of love but from the place of terror.

Like a lot of us, religion might have messed up with your head so much that the thought of a church or prayer make you panic. But you need to stop submitting your mind to these feelings and speak the truth to yourself instead.

God loves you
He knows you are not perfect
There is nothing you can do wrong or right that will shock him.
He is as compassionate and as merciful.

Let your mind rest in the fact that He loves and accept you in your imperfect state.

Now, when i think about my weaknesses, i think about how Jesus has become my righteousness. I don't go to God and say hey, 'your perfect creation is here', ain't perfect, can never be. Therefore, i am using Jesus as a cover, a shield. He is perfect, and so am i.
That is what it really means to accept Jesus into one's life. Use Him as the cover, both in good moments and in bad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by doggedfighter(f): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
Datboredberry:
Not really... It took several years... Trust me, it's hard to believe in someone you can't see, touch or even feel...

If the only proof of his existence is a story book written hundred of years ago by Arabs in a desert... Then I'll pass...

The same God that commands and instigates wars and murder of infants?

While people are taught to make excuses for him.

Watch them invade this thread in defence of God armed wit insults , anger and different levels of rage

4 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by OloshoMan: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2022
Girls with your mindset are hard to come by. Religion ruins all the fun. Lost my religion in 2019 and I know I ain't going back to it for any reason, I wish I could get all the times/money wasted. God has been kissing my ass since 2019 and I love it
Datboredberry:

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by OloshoMan: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2022
Valid questions but they'll never confront their fears
Adsexpert:

Ok sir but what will happen on the dooms day sir... like what's the doom gan gan exactly..

And sir may I ask how those who wrote the bible , knew David ran into a temple naked laying down flat and praying to God.

Ad it was written that David went there alone and I don't think anyone has the guts to see the king's unclothedness..

Also sir , please expansiate how those people whom were not there when God created heaven and earth knew all the whole story??

3, if God knows people will rebel why is he choosing them in other to kill them and as well take glory in their downfall.?? If you believe Jesus is coming then you should believe that God knows people who will disobey , rebel and won't like him and still yet choose to destroy them , because they didn't bow or serve him with trembling.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by FanOfMyself: 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Even if you don't believe that Jesus is Lord while you are alive, you will certainly confirm it when you die. All these atheists, I pray that the grace of God shower on you all and touch your heart that has been darkened with ignorance. Now I know the rationale behind some of your comments and threads here. I also don't blame some of you because many false pastors has dragged the name of the Lord in the mud because of their selfish interests but that's not an excuse though.

Someone here revealed that her father poured petrol on her and wanted to set her ablaze, since I read that, I pity her, I don't know if that's part of the reason she turned atheist.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2022
FanOfMyself:
Even if you don't believe that Jesus is Lord while you are alive, you will certainly confirm it when you die. All these atheists, I pray that the grace of God shower on you all and touch your heart that has been darkened with ignorance. Now I know the rationale behind some of your comments and threads here. I also don't blame some of you because many false pastors has dragged the name of the Lord in the mud because of their selfish interests but that's not an excuse though.

Someone here revealed that her father poured petrol on her and wanted to set her ablaze, since I read that, I pity her, I don't know if that's part of the reason she turned atheist.
No... After that, i became lonely and loved God more...

My father was a bastard but he was absent... I only lived with him for a two weeks... Apart from when I was a baby...

I stopped loving God because he never gave me a reason to...

It wasn't my pain... I'm grateful for those, they made me a better person... Gold is tested by fire...

I told God a fu** you because I had already learnt what strength is... I didn't need the man in the sky to be my companion... I didn't need to cry to the heavens... I needed me...

I'm strong, don't get it twisted... No one who knows me would ever think I've been to hell... They think I'm the merriest person to walk the planet... And it's fine by me...

After a while, I realised how ridiculous the concept of a God is... It's just stupid...

I'm honestly happy... Not because there's anything worth being happy about... But I still have my humanity... And I have my mum and sister and little cousins... And a man I adore...

Life isn't a merry go round... It's bullshit to me... But I have the little that makes everything okay

6 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by talk2hb1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2022
Adsexpert:

You are a free man, religion is optional.
You have got to look within and answer if you truly believed everything you have heard about religion so far. Do your research and stick to what you know, deep down you will find your peace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Adsexpert: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2022
talk2hb1:

You are a free man, religion is optional.
You have got to look within and answer if you truly believed everything you have heard about religion so far. Do your research and stick to what you know, deep down you will find your peace.

Thanks allot this I will do. I have always yearn to be only my real self , still be able to do charity at my own will and not hurting anyone without cause and whom has not done me harm...

Everything religion touches it destroys christainity in quotes...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Ladies Are Fu;ck;ing Wicked / Here Are The Ways To Find Out Whether A Boy Is Virgin Or Not / When Your Man Show Up To Your Funeral With His Side Chick(graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.