Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters (37155 Views)

Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? / BVN Fraud: Over N100bn Trapped In Dead People’s Account / My Encounter With Fraudsters Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by chatinent: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
Pinkeyes:

I didn't give out the card pin. Should I still change it?

Nope.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Gee64: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
Thank you!
chatinent:

I am wondering how you got a Quickteller OTP if all you gave him were fake.

Ok ok, let's assume he processed it using your BVN.

Very easy.
It could be gotten via a phished site...or some bank officials sold it out. A liaison with a fraudulent banker can empty your accounts. Many fraudsters work with bankers. Lol. Even loan apps sell BVNs. In fact, any agency requiring your BVN sells it. I cross my heart. Lol.

I know of about three other ways to get a BVN without even going to the bank. Lol. So it is not new. Not new. So now imagine if it is in a wrong hands.

A lot of people who even have the BVN don't know how to use it hence they need your credit card details. Lol. Poor thing.

Let me simplify this for you.

If you use online payments regularly, only entering your first four letters could tell if it's Visa, Mastercard, etc...

Using USSD too could unveil a bank name, and holder's name. (I am sure you know that).

On Bank Apps too, it is easy.

There is an app too that does that. It is in dark web and we shouldn't talk about it.

You have to be careful sha.

But that's an old format.

New pro fraudsters tweak your Quick Teller or Transfer accounts that it sends you a mail. When you log in, an OTP is sent to you almost immediately while you are in the app that you wouldn't even suspect it is from another user since you are also responding to the mails with the bank name..the OTP may come in SMS or notification bearing the name too (using bought SMS units)...and boom...your account balance is gone forever. But believe me, you can never track anyone who knows this method. It takes more than mere hacking. This is an expert touch...they'll end up shifting the log details to some other innocent soul..who will definitely be tracked. Many are languishing in prisons for this. Don't worry about this. In a hundred million, only one person fit sabi do this.

Some pro hackers who work with fraudsters also do hack into your balance directly, and shift logs to another vulnerable person! But it is rare to find these sorts! Why? Poor fraudsters cannot afford them. Lol...and that's what most fraudsters are finding. They want to remove the aza-man intermediary thing. Lol.

How do I know all these?

I was a darkweb geek during the days of Wapka.

Moving forward...

• you may need to use a two-way authentication on your accounts! It is very important. Both on your social media and Google accounts.

• Always view the links you click. I see many shared messages on WhatsApp ending with YouthEmpowerment using a URL Shortener urging people to share to their friends for a prize. Lol. Big scam.

• whenever a link claiming to represent sth sends a message, search on Google. It should have a Wikipedia page, go there and view their website link. If it is not the same, it is fraud.

• in Nigeria, only recognised education websites use the .edu.ng and government sites use the .gov.ng . If a site claiming to be of the government says otherwise, it's scam.

if you ever get confused about a message being scam or not, just post it here on Nairaland and tag me, I will answer.

• be careful of apps you download away from Google Play or Appstore, some can steal your details. Download only recognised official apps on those stores. Not all apps are genuine there tho. Always read reviews (read the critical reviews.. because their team members must always join in posting positive reviews).

• When an unknown number calls you, end the call and run it on TrueCaller. TrueCaller will help you too. His name may shock you.

You are welcome.
Re: BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters by Pinkeyes: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2023
chatinent:

Nope.

Thanks. I really appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dangote Cement Plant In Edo And Bua Cement Plant In Edo (Photos) / Nneoma Anosike Sues Wema Bank For Illegal Use Of Photo / Man Strips To His Boxers In A Lagos Bank To Demand For His Money (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.