Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

DNA Test, I Am Scared - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DNA Test, I Am Scared (33223 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / Chinese Man Finds Out His Twin Babies Have Two Different Fathers After DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by SweetiliciousD: 12:39am On Oct 01, 2021
obembet:
It seems your mom has already told u the truth.

Too much sense no go kobalise you.

Sense to ooooo much!

Obviously, OP knows more than he told us!

2 Likes

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by Udodiri01: 1:28am On Oct 01, 2021
Abeg remember to update us.... Similar stories abound.....
But no vex, what if ur papa na Dangote or Adeleke or better still as you are fair =Bill Gate grin grin grin
But you should not accuse anybody yet or conclude yet just go with the flow and allow the process take care of itself
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by iomoge2(f): 2:45am On Oct 01, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
You're scared of what exactly,

If your Father wants you to return home, Obey that man and return home.

Even if it's DNA test he wants to carry out, are you the one that gave birth to yourself?, Are you scared that maybe you took his money without informing him and he's patiently waiting for you behind the door to tear you apart as soon as you knock on the door?, grin grin

So why exactly are you scared

I think he is scared of his father abandoning him / not paying his fees again if he isn’t his son.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by MufasaLion: 4:05am On Oct 01, 2021
GetMeRight:

I don't understand the parent(s) decision that you referred to as wrong decision. It is wrong to tag the decision to go for DNA test a wrong decision.

What it means is the wrong decision made by his mom in his own case if he ends up not being that man's biological kid.
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by MufasaLion: 4:06am On Oct 01, 2021
GetMeRight:

I don't understand the parent(s) decision that you referred to as wrong decision. It is wrong to tag the decision to go for DNA test a wrong decision.

What it means is the wrong decision made by his mom in his own case if he ends up not being that man's biological kid.

Also, in other peoples' case, the wrong decision might be anything other than that.
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by fnep2smooth(m): 4:41am On Oct 01, 2021
kapelvej:
Bro, dont you think the best thing is to talk to your mum ?
you quote the wrong person bro

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by LOVEGINO(m): 6:07am On Oct 01, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Very possible, he's even young. Some older adults here don't even know theirs
na wa oooooo

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by GboyegaD(m): 7:14am On Oct 01, 2021
Barrister026:

It's DNA sir am sure, he's asking if I know my blood group (which I don't)
But I believe he knows it, they might have done it before.

What if it turns out, am not his biogical child.
And me been the first child, I suspecting he's opping for the dna test.

So many reasons he might decide to do it, he's black, am slightly fair.
Honestly am scared.

Scared about what exactly? Why not get home to hear what he has in mind?
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:16am On Oct 01, 2021
Okonjo123:
My name is judest victor am 24 years old boy i need a work am in lagos my number is +2348186906787 :DMy name is judest victor am 24 years old boy i need a work am in lagos my number is +2348186906787
May God provide

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by Melst: 7:28am On Oct 01, 2021
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by AuroraBrls: 7:36am On Oct 01, 2021
Barrister026:
My dad called me on the phone 2 days ago asking if I be coming home for the holiday, which is unlikely of him, because I just left home not quite long and he hardly call. (I school within our state, studying law)..... while we were on the call he mentioned about the Dr appointment. (We normally do routine check-up every 2 months )

Throwing the question to me if I even know my blood group. (I replied, no)

HAVE A CANDID MEETING WITH YOUR MUM...TELL HER TO BE 100% HONEST WITH YOU... THAT WILL DECIDE IF YOU WILL GO FOR THE SUPPOSED BLOOD GROUP TEST OR NOT...BETTER STILL, GO DO A BLOOD GROUP TEST BY YOURSELF AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HAVE DONE IT...

IF THE WORST CASE SCENARIO HAPPENS...TRUST ME THE EXPERIENCE WILL GIVE YOU PERMANENT SCARS IN YOUR MIND BESIDES HURTING TERRIBLY OR THE UNDESERVED STIGMA AND OSTRACIZATION YOU WILL GET EVEN FROM THOSE THAT WERE SUPPOSEDLY FAMILY TO YOU....

At FIRST I thought it's just a normal question.

Am 21yrs old, eldest among 3 siblings and I think my dad has something planned out, he's an Internet freak even more than I, he's actively online on twitter, facebook, and seeing all the uproars about DNA test here and there on Nairaland, I think he's going to ask me to come to the hospital with him disguising it as me Knowing my blood group (for a DNA test.)

The thing here is am scared, because all my life I have seen people saying never to trust a woman (I love my mom, but still am scared)

What if it's a DNA test (which I strongly believe it is)
What if it's turns out complicated
Would he still accept me? Or abandon me to myself.
So many thoughts running through my head, they are reasons for that.

He's black, I am fair (though my mum says I took his father complexion)

Pls help me...am thinking to stay back in school or go home This evening.
Am confused.
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by kapelvej: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2021
fnep2smooth:
you quote the wrong person bro
oh soryyyyyy
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by Aarenaija: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2021
You probably have seen some traces of infidelity with your mother hence, the reason for fear. However, you are not your own parents. So you have nothing to fear as long as you are a good fellow to your father and do not exhibit characters of bad child.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by Tickles001(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Most dads? So we should forget all cases that resulted in shattering of marriage units and lives because you wish to cling to a delusion not founded on reality? undecided

It seems you don't understand me.
I'm didn't it doesn't shatter families, and I don't see any delusion here.
The op is already a grown individual. How can the dad just chase him away without giving him chance to decide where he wants to belong. How does chasing him away reward him for 20yrs of raising the child.
Except the op goes siding the mom.

This is tricky situation of 3 parties now.

Okay let me ask you.
1. Would you chase away a child you raised for over 20yrs, even when he wants to continue staying with you?

2. Would you not listen to such child if you see that he understands your pain in the disagreement. And didn't side his mom one bit?

3. Is it child you hate, or the betrayer wife?

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by 6ixT8: 8:46am On Oct 01, 2021
Op. Worry not. Even if the DNA test turned out complicated. Who knows your actual dad may be that billionaire in your hood.

This I've seen.
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by cyrilamx(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Tell me exactly how marriages are built on truth to begin with? undecided
1. If as a partner u HV kids and refused to disclose to ur other partner, but went ahead to contract the union, that concealment alone invalidates marriage. 2. If a lady is pregnant for another man, but deceive her fiance into marry her on ground that he owns the pregnancy. There was never a marriage cos it was built on false premises. 3. Union btwen brothers and sisters invalidate marriage in eyes of God. 4. Concealment of ailments also invalidates marriage. Marriage is a sacramental union of male and female with full consent and knowledge. That why during pre-marriage counselling, you are advise to open up to each other. Except on situation u don't know anything about. If an impotent man with full knowledge of his condition conceal this fact from his woman and marry her, there was never marriage. Well it mights not apply to u, cos I am talking from my stand as a Catholic. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by pansophist(m): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2021
Op, if you've been a good son, you have nothing to worry about. Your father is getting old, and it is more in is interest to have you as a son, than not. Of course I'm assuming the worse case scenario, that you're not his son.

Let him do it. You should also have an interest to know your true father. I'll gladly go for dna test if my dad requires. I've known my dad all my life, and the bond between us is too strong that even if i am not his biologal son, it won't matter. You can't break the bond that have spans for decades, especially when I've been a cool-headed son that brings him glory and no headache. All the school high table invitations he received because of me is not for nothing lol grin

But you see my mama eh? Me and my dad go change am for her.

2 Likes

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by showafrica(m): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
There is something you are not telling us about your mum

The mum fit don use idea tell am in parables... He is afraid the dad don decode...the man will really be mad and withdraw some support to him. Deceit is painful.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by Kaysalas(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2021
Barrister026:

Yes, I love to know the truth, but am still in law school (200 level) what if it turns out complicated.
From the depth of my heart, I urge you to heed your father's call and go do the test. Trust me, nothing will disrupt your education financially. Himself no go wan try that stupidity but let him know the truth, whatever it is, he deserves to know and so do you. Don't be consciously or unconsciously complicit in a fraud, if there is any.
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by JovialJune(f): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

What are you kikiking about? Are you blind or can’t you see the whole comment section is filled with m moniker? What are you so happy about when the OP has not even gotten the result of the DNA test, that is if his father wants one

Is it your kikikiking? How is it your business that I'm happy? Fvck off from my mention and mind your existence.

3 Likes

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
Tickles001:

It seems you don't understand me.
I'm didn't it doesn't shatter families, and I don't see any delusion here.
The op is already a grown individual. How can the dad just chase him away without giving him chance to decide where he wants to belong. How does chasing him away reward him for 20yrs of raising the child.
Except the op goes siding the mom.
In that same Nigeria, so many have adult children have been disowned for flimsier reasons, this by their fathers. undecided

I remember one instance where a man didn't believe the boy was his and made this known to him regularly. Eventually, the relationship broke up when he was an adult, this after he had a fight with the man who swore that if he returned he was a bastard and so he went his way. undecided

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by Danhumprey: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2021
Barrister026:

It's DNA sir am sure, he's asking if I know my blood group (which I don't)
But I believe he knows it, they might have done it before.

What if it turns out, am not his biogical child.
And me been the first child, I suspecting he's opping for the dna test.

So many reasons he might decide to do it, he's black, am slightly fair.
Honestly am scared.
The DNA palaver no concern me.
My issue here is how an aspiring lawyer still uses "am" instead of "I'm".

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by EndRape2(f): 8:27am On Oct 02, 2021
Pray, what God can not do does not exist, DNA is just a test, talk to God to make the result favour you, God can change the DNA to that of your father now.

You will not be crushed , just pray, first ,
Handle the situation spiritually and see God bring peace into your life.

uote author=Barrister026 post=106314842]My dad called me on the phone 2 days ago asking if I be coming home for the holiday, which is unlikely of him, because I just left home not quite long and he hardly call. (I school within our state, studying law)..... while we were on the call he mentioned about the Dr appointment. (We normally do routine check-up every 2 months )

Am 21yrs old, eldest among 3 siblings and I think my dad has something planned out, he's an Internet freak even more than I, he's actively online on twitter, facebook, and seeing all the uproars about DNA test here and there on Nairaland, I think he's going to ask me to come to the hospital with him disguising it as me Knowing my blood group (for a DNA test.)

The thing here is am scared, because all my life I have seen people saying never to trust a woman (I love my mom, but still am scared)

Am confused.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by purpose32: 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
Barrister026:
My dad called me on the phone 2 days ago asking if I be coming home for the holiday, which is unlikely of him, because I just left home not quite long and he hardly call. (I school within our state, studying law)..... while we were on the call he mentioned about the Dr appointment. (We normally do routine check-up every 2 months )

Am confused.
Op how far..how did it later go?
Re: DNA Test, I Am Scared by nullbyte: 8:19am On Dec 15, 2021
purpose32:

Op how far..how did it later go?

OP quiet on thia

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Who Welcomed Sextuplets After 17 Years Of Marriage In New Photos / I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out? / Hilarious Story Of Nigerian Man Divorcing Wife In US Because She's A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.