Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities (21674 Views)

Reasons For Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas / Buhari Blames Flood, Insecurity, Middlemen For Rising Food Prices / Buhari Blames Middlemen: 1984 And 2020 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Angelfrost:

1. Border closure was ill-timed
2. twitter ban was unnecessary and ill-motivated. Even childish.
3. Debt Burden with consistent borrowing tops the list.

My biggest issue remains with the poor viability of the economy which was upward headed before he took over...

I support border closure because the republic of benin and Cameroon were dumping chinese and European agricultural produce into our economy thereby killing off local farmers. Go to senegal, benin and cameroon, local farmers are gone. I am in support of any policy that can make Nigerian farmers rich.

Twitter does not add value to the Nigerian economy, they don't pay tax here but take our money, do you know that Nigerian youtubers pay United states tax, someone even complained about that here on Nairaland. The ban on Twitter should have risen indigenous tech entrepreneurs to the occasion but an indian company was the one trying to enter into our market.

I am against taking debt but then again we are a poor country, people don't pay tax, how then should government raise money to fund the economy, build infrastructures and pay salaries. Do you have any solutions on how government can rise fund to run the economy?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by moonbender(m): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Buhari' has always been a bad workman who takes pleasure in blaming everybody else but himself for his failure's.

Foolish man

I dislike Buhari but I agree with him on this.

I bought 1 small bottle of five alive orange drink at the rate of #150 for my son in a nearby shop in my street in the morning and in the evening I stopped by at the street before mine to buy same drink and I was told it's #250.

A pack of Bigi Drinks and Pepsi still sells for 950 but they sell single bottles for #150. This means the manufacturer and distributor still sells to them at the normal price but the so called middle men decide on the pricing and that's why prices are not same.

Buhari's government is bad, but we the citizens not in government are the baddest.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by muller101(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2021
You don't take a useless man serious
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Lugianostar(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
He will have accept responsibilities for his failure ??
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by ofiko123(m): 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2021
Buhari has two more years to be president..
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by dalass(f): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
This man is probably the most useless person alive . Always blaming everyone other than himself .

Aside that he's got a PhD in blaming others, he 2won't lift a finger to actually find solution to whatever he has "identified" as the problem
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by dalass(f): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
ofiko123:
Buhari has two more years to be president..

Yes, the countdown has started to end the evil merodach President
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by mrvitalis(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
Ochys87:

How is buhari a communist leader, have u seen d rapid growth and development in China, can u even compare d rate of growth between China and India (biggest democracy on earth). The so-called democratic US is constantly in decline with high rate of poverty and homeless people in d world. If u dont know by now democracy is a type of government where people get to choose their own dictator
Yes yo form your Communist arewa republic let's have our capitalist biafra republic then lets compete
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2021
Don27tiky:
in karshi Abuja a measure of rice is sold for #500 people go there buy and sell for #900 and we say government is bad. Na we dey do ourself
That is business..

If the supply is surplus then it would have been cheaper..

Retailers buy from producers to make gain..

You can't turn around and blame them for making profits..

If you don't know how it works then you failed economics..
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2021
GOD REALLY LOVES THIS COUNTRY NIGERIA SEE AS HE GIVES US RAINTODAY TO OUR SEEDS AND CROPS TO GROW.HALLELUYAH DAY!
O'LORD ALMIGHTY FATHER WE THANK YOU FOR NIGERIA LAND YOU GIVEN US PLEASE HELP US TO MAKE IT BETTER FROM TODAY FOR ALL NIGERIANS,LET YOUR RAIN RAIN GOOD FORTUNES,RAIN PEACE,RAIN LOVE,RAIN EQUITY,RAIN UNITY,RAIN SECURITY,
RAIN ECONOMIC BOOM,RAIN YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS AND WISDOM ON ALL CHURCHES TO LEARN HOW TO PRAY FOR THEIR NIGERIA AGAIN AS MANY PASTORS ARE TOO SELFISH TO REMEMBER TO SHARE, RAIN GOOD LEADERS INTO THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA AT ALL LEVELS AND FLUSH OUT THE EVIL LEADERS,RAIN PURITY TO CLEANSE THE NIGERIA LAND OF INNOCENT BLOODS THAT WERE SPILLED ANY PART OF NIGERIA AND grin
LET YOUR RAIN WATER CARRY AWAY ALL EVIL PEOPLE HINDERING OUR PROGRESS OR DISRUPTING PEACE ACROSS TWITTER AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF NIGERIA,IDOL WORSHIPPERS AND ALL SPONSORS OF DISUNITY AWAY FROM NIGERIA TO OBLIVION FROM TODAY 1ST OCTOBER 2021 TO ETERNITY IN FSH AMEN.GOD BLESS NIGERIA,HAPPY CELEBRATIONgrin
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Evaloyal2J(f): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2021
A leader is one is takes responsibility for his actions. Irresistible men blame others for their failures.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Thebigheart: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
I have never supported Buhari on anything. But on this one Buhari is saying the truth abeg. As i speak to you now, marketers have stocked their warehouse, waiting to unleash prices during December. I pray any marketers making price of goods unbearable for common man in December fire shall burn all their vegetable oil and bags of rice down. Too much gain is not good at the expense of your fellow man.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by AbdulYungClown: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
Bast**d blames everyone but himself!!!
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2021
How com na for your govt middlemen dey hoard food? Why dem no do am when others were there?
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Johnmattee(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

And also alll these unions way Nigerian people dey form up and down dey affect the price of commodities

Imagine tomatoes go get unions

Onions go get unions
Seriously we are our own problem in this country. The government can't be blamed for everything. Those cursing the president are the ones responsible for the food scarcity because he expose them.
Issorite!
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by thelegend1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
The day Buhari blames himself for incompetence is the day he will have peace.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by abeylevels(m): 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by eflintsone(m): 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
Last last i am not in support of this bullcrap
From the Farm the produce goes to logistics
On there way to d final destination police guys get bribed, numbers of thugs stop this drivers for money or else no movement.... Especially this lagos area boys sef .... They hang on this lorries asking for money by force
U meet more than 30 of this area boys before getting to ur final destination
Now finally u at d destination

Union still dey too
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by TheStarsAlign: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
You better shut up there. Mumu somebody!!!
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Henri8: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
Buhari and middlemen sef. From the 80s to 2021, he's still blaming middlemen.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Metrofox(m): 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2021
Illiteracy is a disease grin . Your herdsmen kinsmen have been disrupting activities of farmers thereby impacting supply and you come here to spew thrash.. arguing with an illiterate is truly futile . Dunce
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by wizelink(m): 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Mr blame. Blame go soon be your other name in the other room. Why not say the truth for once and you will be remembered for it. You can't continue to protect your murderous kinsmen forever. Who does not know that the activities of FULANIS are cause of the present food crisis and hike price. Anyway 2023 is at hand
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by einsteine(m): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
This is not 1982/1983.

Same excuses by Buhari.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Sicilyjoe: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2021
What he said is 100% true
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Peace1993: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by newoffer: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
Una elect a procastinor.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by MEGAWATCH: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
Antoeni:
If you are outside South East but supporting the destruction in the region by IPOB.
May your shops catch fire and those working loose their jobs

Is that the issue we are discussing here?

Must you tell everyone here that you have mental problem?

Please hold yourself, you go soon reach house to take your routine medication.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by IMAliyu(m): 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
Supply and demand.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by deavicky(m): 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2021
This man can blame. So middle men no dey before Buhari became president.
Re: Buhari Blames Middlemen For Hike In Food Prices, Hoading Of Commodities by Amudeneogu: 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2021
It is not true that food shortage is cause by the midlemen but it is caused by the fulanh herdsmen who at of their wickedness feed their cows with all the farmers farm product

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blackout In Lagos As Ikeja Electric Announces Power Upgrade / Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi / U.S. Repatriates Another $20.6 Million Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.