Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order (40112 Views)

Trucks Set On Fire In Anambra Over Nnamdi Kanu Protest (Pics, Video) / Unknown Gunmen Invade Schools In Ogbaru, Anambra Over Biafra Day / Adamu Garba: Okonjo-Iweala Should Be Investigated Over IPOB's Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by obyrich(m): 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
angelfallz:
This IPOB has been allowed to grow into a menace.
Did you celebrate independence where you are? Forget IPOB, did you see anyone celebrating independence in non Igbo states as it used to be before?

8 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2021

3 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by obyrich(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
helinues:
They are simply fearing of their lives cos of the Taliban of East.

They are sadist
Did you celebrate in your own state? Please open a thread and share pictures of colourful independence celebrations in your state or LGA.

3 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by rosechika1994: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
Ipob has chosen to leave Nigeria, why force them to stay united in words and not in appointment and support

8 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Asiri1991: 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2021
loveth360:
What will happen to hundreds of unarmed Igbo youths Nigeria government killed?

Apology, we're sorry.

5 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by 8stargeneral: 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
Why d governor no show up na..thought they said all is well.

6 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by loveth360(f): 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
Asiri1991:

Apology, we're sorry.
Just like that.

If na you,will you allow it slide like that?

3 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Benitoh: 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
Even in PH nothing shows that people are marking the so called independent day. Celebrating 61 years in bondage.

5 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by SweetiliciousD: 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
Sleyk:
Nigeria don tire us.... simple.

Increase the volume.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by kkonyeji(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
loveth360:
Is the good people of Anambra still see themselves as Nigerians should be question.

I remember those days when 1 oct is always a big day in east for student,we go for march-past,wearing
green and white up and down waving Nigeria flag.[God forgive me for doing that then]
It was always competitive that every school want to take the first position.
I remember the year i as a commander lead my school to take the first position in a march-past.

But today kids now know that Nigeria doesn't belong to them,all thanks to evil Nigeria security that killed their brothers,sisters,friends, fathers and even mothers.

Not Exaggerating,Ask any kid from east about his takes on Nigeria/Biafra.

You're right my sister, there's nothing to celebrate jare.

5 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
Asiri1991:
I keep writing it here and those who hate the truth keep calling me names. The people of the east are no longer interested in the affairs of this nation due to obvious political reasons. The political gimmicks of the present administration fuels their seeming dissatisfaction with the Nigerian state. And we have lost them to mere polymic speech by Kanu. Trying to coerce them to love Nigeria will yield no good result as it is another sign of intimidation. If we all really need them, as I know we do, let's go back to the drawing board and see where we got it wrong, correct it and do all we can to re-integrate them into the Nigerian state. And to be honest, no other tribe can stand the scorn they face in Nigeria since the end of the war till date for no just reasons without a revolt. We've called them names unjustly; we hate them for no reason; what a person from another tribe does and gets overlooked is exaggerated and termed crime if done by an easterner; we openly brag they can't become a president in a country they are part of; a none Nigeria on this forum will be forced to believe Goodluck Jonathan is an Igbo man the way the Igbos support him in and out of office; they trade and live with us in our towns, pay rents, marry our sisters and respect our culture, but we look for slightest opportunity to tell them how homeless scavengers are better than them; they vote and support every other tribe in election openly but none supports them. My history book told me the civil war ended in no victory and vanquish slogan but we militize the zone as a conquered territory. And the list is endless. Why I believe we should live together as one nation, I won't support an unfair nation. The hate is much.
Again, I have not seen where barrels of gun subdued an ideology. This post stated that even the governor stayed away from the scheduled programme. He was among the governors that sat down and proscribed the IPOB for protesting bad governance and demanding a different state. Now, the group have won the sympathy of the masses largely due to bad governance at all levels and deteriorating economy. He just lost his state to the group, even with the security architecture by his side. It's even more worrisome that instead of talking of dialogue, the president, earlier today in his address, threaten to deal with perceived enemy from the east. No trial has been conducted by a competent court of law before such utterances were made and a possible political intimidation may begin any moment from now. The attendant consequence is that the group may use the government's move to score another cheap point and have more sympathizers even among their political elites who have dissented the opinion of the group to secede. Our comments here as well on the agitation do not show that we are one nation. We mock, but never suggest solutions. We tend to forget easily that no tribe in Nigeria today have not lost a soldier to terrorism in the northeast. Everything shouldn't be by force or display of hatred and dominance. The silent strategy adopted by IPOB since being proscribed is more potent than their usual street protest, if we tell ourselves the truth. Let the government dialogue now. Majority of the Igbos here in Benin City selling clothes are my friends and I know they are easy to please as humans. Let's avoid creating more dissension to Nigeria through our actions.

I wept reading your post - May God continue to bless you my brother.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by InvertedHammer: 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
/
Apparently IPOB have turned SE Governors to mere spectators. The people have no respect for the Governors.

/

5 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by SweetiliciousD: 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
helinues:
They are simply fearing of their lives cos of the Taliban of East.

They are sadist

Was the governor afraid too with all his security details?

After all, comprehension isn't for Zombies!

6 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Okwyjesus(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
loveth360:
Is the good people of Anambra still see themselves as Nigerians should be question.

I remember those days when 1 oct is always a big day in east for student,we go for march-past,wearing
green and white up and down waving Nigeria flag.[God forgive me for doing that then]
It was always competitive that every school want to take the first position.
I remember the year i as a commander lead my school to take the first position in a march-past.

But today kids now know that Nigeria doesn't belong to them,all thanks to evil Nigeria security that killed their brothers,sisters,friends, fathers and even mothers.

Not Exaggerating,Ask any kid from east about his takes on Nigeria/Biafra.

Yeaaaah.

I keep wondering what explaination we will give SE kids for not celebrating independence today.

Things have fallen off apart

3 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by stinechykee: 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
Asiri1991:
I keep writing it here and those who hate the truth keep calling me names. The people of the east are no longer interested in the affairs of this nation due to obvious political reasons. The political gimmicks of the present administration fuels their seeming dissatisfaction with the Nigerian state. And we have lost them to mere polymic speech by Kanu. Trying to coerce them to love Nigeria will yield no good result as it is another sign of intimidation. If we all really need them, as I know we do, let's go back to the drawing board and see where we got it wrong, correct it and do all we can to re-integrate them into the Nigerian state. And to be honest, no other tribe can stand the scorn they face in Nigeria since the end of the war till date for no just reasons without a revolt. We've called them names unjustly; we hate them for no reason; what a person from another tribe does and gets overlooked is exaggerated and termed crime if done by an easterner; we openly brag they can't become a president in a country they are part of; a none Nigeria on this forum will be forced to believe Goodluck Jonathan is an Igbo man the way the Igbos support him in and out of office; they trade and live with us in our towns, pay rents, marry our sisters and respect our culture, but we look for slightest opportunity to tell them how homeless scavengers are better than them; they vote and support every other tribe in election openly but none supports them. My history book told me the civil war ended in no victory and vanquish slogan but we militize the zone as a conquered territory. And the list is endless. Why I believe we should live together as one nation, I won't support an unfair nation. The hate is much.
Again, I have not seen where barrels of gun subdued an ideology. This post stated that even the governor stayed away from the scheduled programme. He was among the governors that sat down and proscribed the IPOB for protesting bad governance and demanding a different state. Now, the group have won the sympathy of the masses largely due to bad governance at all levels and deteriorating economy. He just lost his state to the group, even with the security architecture by his side. It's even more worrisome that instead of talking of dialogue, the president, earlier today in his address, threaten to deal with perceived enemy from the east. No trial has been conducted by a competent court of law before such utterances were made and a possible political intimidation may begin any moment from now. The attendant consequence is that the group may use the government's move to score another cheap point and have more sympathizers even among their political elites who have dissented the opinion of the group to secede. Our comments here as well on the agitation do not show that we are one nation. We mock, but never suggest solutions. We tend to forget easily that no tribe in Nigeria today have not lost a soldier to terrorism in the northeast. Everything shouldn't be by force or display of hatred and dominance. The silent strategy adopted by IPOB since being proscribed is more potent than their usual street protest, if we tell ourselves the truth. Let the government dialogue now. Majority of the Igbos here in Benin City selling clothes are my friends and I know they are easy to please as humans. Let's avoid creating more dissension to Nigeria through our actions.
Oh I never knew that such a detribalise human being like you still exist in this Earth.I was so much overwhelmed with emotion when reading this your post because I have never seen a none Igbos or I could igbos that could be so honest,sincere and has integrity the way you are and even Nigeria can boast only five or highest ten of your type believe me they will win the heart of Igbos.God bless you my brother from another tribe

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by loveth360(f): 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Yeaaaah.

I keep wondering what explaination we will give SE kids for not celebrating independence today.

Things have fallen off apart
You don't need to explain anything to the kids,they have eyes and ears to hear and see what Nigeria state has be doing to East.

3 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by stinechykee: 11:18pm On Oct 01, 2021
obyrich:
Did you celebrate independence where you are? Forget IPOB, did you see anyone celebrating independence in non Igbo states as it used to be before?

Don't allow IPOB matter choke you boy.Look at the way you are jumping from one person to another that said their opinion about how South East complied sit at home order giving to IPOB.Bad belle kill faster than any dangerous sickness okay

2 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by BluntCrazeMan: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
obyrich:
Did you celebrate in your own state? Please open a thread and share pictures of colourful independence celebrations in your state or LGA.
BY TOMORROW...
WE WILL KNOW THE REAL TRUTH..
Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by angelfallz(m): 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
To answer all your questions, no.

But at least in non Igbo States, nobody was giving orders to citizens to stay at home or threatening them with death if they don't obey. That is the crux of the matter.

obyrich:

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Gengetiele: 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kwanza:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/no-independence-day-celebration-in-anambra-over-ipob-oct-1-sit-at-home-order/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

How I wish Ipob terrorist continue seat at home in the the whole Ipob land for complete 3 months and see how Nigeria will suffer.
Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by stinechykee: 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kwanza:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/no-independence-day-celebration-in-anambra-over-ipob-oct-1-sit-at-home-order/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
So even the drinkard governor Obiano that threatened civil servant that didn't come to work will loose his/her or traders that did not open their shop will loose his/her shop did not show at Ekwueme Square.I thought he is a James Bond,he should have come out

5 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Okwyjesus(m): 11:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
Asiri1991:
Your type is scare in Nigeria. Easterners calmness for years after the war was taken for guaranteed.

As a leader in my office. One thing l learnt is not to underrate any staff even the cleaner. The day he/she will raise against you. Sirrrr go comot from your name.

13 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by bal4real: 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

This is funny I swear. So even our governor obeyed the sit-at-home?

Buhari has really killed that joy and that small peace we had before.
If U develop a good relationship with IPOB, U will be SAFE

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by BluntCrazeMan: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2021
angelfallz:
To answer all your questions, no.

But at least in non Igbo States, nobody was giving orders to citizens to stay at home or threatening them with death if they don't obey. That is the crux of the matter.

Remember that IPOB begged on other states to boycott the Independence Day Celebrations in their states.??
Yess.. They begged and appealed to the conscience of other Non-Igbo States..
It wasn't an order.
Surprisingly, they heard the plea of IPOB and complied massively.

6 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by BluntCrazeMan: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2021
obyrich:

Remember that IPOB begged on other states to boycott the Independence Day Celebrations in their states.??
Yess.. They begged and appealed to the conscience of other Non-Igbo States..
It wasn't an order.
Surprisingly, they heard the plea of IPOB and complied massively.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by AK481(m): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
The flag removal is another makavelian strategy.

It is no longer about carry biafra flag and running away from security ,the twist is disallowing nigeria flag,if you don't allow biafra flag,we won't allow Nigerian flag.

Hmmmm

This one go pain o

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Maobichek: 11:46pm On Oct 01, 2021
Asiri1991:

Those who call Igbos names and mock Igbos sees their actions as the best for Nigeria, they have divided Nigeria more with lies, hate and tribalism more than IPOB is doing currently.

I'm an Igbo and live outside South East so I know the difference between a police man here and in the East. Just yesterday, some police officers were stopped from harrasing and arresting someone here but that can't happen in the East cos the police must open fire immediately.

I don't support IPOB but IPOB wasn't this violent when they started, I only stay away from them cos they uses foul language on ppl who have opposing views.

Lastly, there has always been crime, kidnapping and killings in the South East but now any crime in the East is tagged IPOB, quite unfortunate.

4 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Maobichek: 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2021
Asiri1991:

Apology, we're sorry.

I believe that there are genuine ppl who desire and pray that Nigeria will be better, God bless you, I just followed you.

2 Likes

Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Holaomoakin(m): 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2021
Unless our security forces become their (IPOB) insiders, there won't be a crack-down.
Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by kkonyeji(m): 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
Benitoh:
Even in PH nothing shows that people are marking the so called independent day. Celebrating 61 years in bondage.

So una know?
Re: No Independence Day Celebration In Anambra Over IPOB Oct 1 Sit-at-home Order by Maobichek: 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2021
stinechykee:
Oh I never knew that such a detribalise human being like you still exist in this Earth.I was so much overwhelmed with emotion when reading this your post because I have never seen a none Igbos or I could igbos that could be so honest,sincere and has integrity the way you are and even Nigeria can boast only five or highest ten of your type believe me they will win the heart of Igbos.God bless you my brother from another tribe

So many ppl knows the truth and always say it, don't use Nairaland as a yardstick to judge this country, thank you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling / Obaseki/shaibu Rift: Deputy Gov To Get New Office Outside Govt House Next Week / Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.