Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? (633 Views)

How Do Christians Interprete This Yahweh Verses? / Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
In the above thread I observed a particular believer trying to convince atheists and the others, that he has the gift of tongues/ interpretation of tongues. Another believer was also trying to convince them that tongues/spiritual gifts are real. The second believer was asked to produce an audio and drop it as evidence. I kept wondering why these Christians were trying to convince people, it's very unnecessary. "For the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit: for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned", ist. Corin 2:14.

It is not proper for Christians to go into debate discussing deep spiritual issues with atheists, or with Christians who do not believe in such matters. If you must discuss it, let it be with those who believe in it, so as to teach and lead. In as much as Christianity is a peaceful religion, it doesn't mean you should give room for people to blaspheme the word of God/holy spirit. So if you have been going into such discussions, maybe you should think twice.

If the atheists you are trying to convince today, become believers tomorrow, would they make eternity? They blasphemed the holy Spirit! "Wherefore I say to you, all manner of sins/blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the holy spirit shall not be forgiven.

"Now there are diversities of gifts... Healing, prophesy, discerning of spirits, tongues, interpretation of tongues, visions, dream interpretation, healing, etc". Dan.1:17, Ist corin. 12:12-end, etc.

If you are a Christian and you refuse to submit yourself to your God given gifts, thus quenching it, do not mock those who have it, after all spiritual gifts is not necessarily a ticket to make eternity, rather it is meant for edification, comfort, teaching, and all round benefit of believers. Ist Tim. 4:14.

4 Likes

Re: Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by BassReeves: 2:46am On Oct 02, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
In the above thread I observed a particular believer trying to convince atheists and the others, that he has the gift of tongues/ interpretation of tongues. Another believer was also trying to convince them that tongues/spiritual gifts are real. The second believer was asked to produce an audio and drop it as evidence. I kept wondering why these Christians were trying to convince people, it's very unnecessary. "For the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit: for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned", ist. Corin 2:14.

It is not proper for Christians to go into debate discussing deep spiritual issues with atheists, or with Christians who do not believe in such matters. If you must discuss it, let it be with those who believe in it, so as to teach and lead. In as much as Christianity is a peaceful religion, it doesn't mean you should give room for people to blaspheme the word of God/holy spirit. So if you have been going into such discussions, maybe you should think twice.

If the atheists you are trying to convince today, become believers tomorrow, would they make eternity? They blasphemed the holy Spirit! "Wherefore I say to you, all manner of sins/blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the holy spirit shall not be forgiven.

"Now there are diversities of gifts... Healing, prophesy, discerning of spirits, tongues, interpretation of tongues, visions, dream interpretation, healing, etc". Dan.1:17, Ist corin. 12:12-end, etc.

If you are a Christian and you refuse to submit yourself to your God given gifts, thus quenching it, do not mock those who have it, after all spiritual gifts is not necessarily a ticket to make eternity, rather it is meant for edification, comfort, teaching, and all round benefit of believers. Ist Tim. 4:14.
Isaiah 1:18a
'"Come now, and let us reason together,”...'

Acts 18:4, 28
'4Each Sabbath found Paul at the synagogue, trying to convince the Jews and Greeks alike.
He refuted the Jews with powerful arguments in public debate.
Using the Scriptures,
he explained to them that Jesus was the Messiah
'

Acts 19:8
'And he went into the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly,
reasoning and arguing and persuading them about the kingdom of God
'

It is proper for believers to go into debate discussing and carefully explaining deep spiritual issues with atheists, Christians and even with believers who do not believe in such matters. Debating over the truth, errors and core issues negatively affecting the church are OK, it is arguing over stuff that doesn’t matter, that isn’t OK.

If 1 Corinthians 14:22 - 'Therefore, [unknown] tongues are [meant] for a [supernatural] sign, not to believers but to unbelievers [who might be receptive]', is bible quite believable, why then, to the earshot of unbelievers, who might be receptive, don't we, hear or see christians interpret tongues as much as they speak it?

3 Likes

Re: Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 31, 2021
LilMissFavvy:

Out of curiosity I decided to check your profile and I'm not surprised that this is how you reason. I'm also not surprised that you didnt reply the poster above but at least I'm glad you didnt insult him after he made you look stupid with superior and intelligent bible-based reasoning. Happy new year in advance wink

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:08am On Dec 31, 2021
If you share same faith, open a thread on same topic and give me a mention, you will see me there or ask whatever questions you have here. ONLY IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN. I do not deliberate religion matters with atheists, or mockers of religion.
DominusPrime:

Out of curiosity I decided to check your profile and I'm not surprised that this is how you reason. I'm also not surprised that you didnt reply the poster above but at least I'm glad you didnt insult him after he made you look stupid with superior and intelligent bible-based reasoning. Happy new year in advance wink

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
If you share same faith, open a thread on same topic and give me a mention, you will see me there or ask whatever questions you have here. ONLY IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN. I do not deliberate religious matters with atheists, or mockers of religion.

Read his response to your thread again. Its like you didn't learn anything from it. If you choose not to debate with me no problem. But you are duty blund to at least discuss with atheists and try to win them over to Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:46am On Dec 31, 2021
I am responding to you, don't tell me to read anything. If I had found anything else worthy of being responded to, I'd have done it. Were you in the thread that gave birth to this thread? You think that Paul or Jesus used to respond to questions all the time? Wisdom is needed. Even Jesus at a time told his deciples to dust their feet and bade goodbye to places/people where their preachings were not welcome. I will continue to remind you that you should always keep your advice to yourself or share it with those in need, leave bigFavvy alone. I know when to attempt to win souls and when to ignore/WHERE I DO THAT. you should not tell me what to do.
DominusPrime:

Read his response to your thread again. Its like you didn't learn anything from it. If you choose not to debate with me no problem. But you are duty blund to at least discuss with atheists and try to win them over to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
I am responding to you, don't tell me to read anything. If I had found anything else worthy of being responded to, I'd have done it. Were you in the thread that gave birth to this thread? You think that Paul or Jesus used to respond to questions all the time? Wisdom is needed. Even Jesus at a time told his deciples to dust their feet and bade goodbye to places/people where their preachings were not welcome. I will continue to remind you that you should always keep your advice to yourself or share it with those in need, leave bigFavvy alone. I know when to attempt to win souls and when to ignore/WHERE I DO THAT. you should not tell me what to do.

Alright undecided
Re: Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by terrezo2002(m): 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
LilMissFavvy:

I agree with you. Trying to convince an atheist is a fruitless effort. One should speak the truth to them and hand them over to the Holy spirit.
If they ask reasonable questions, you should answer. If they are asking just to mock the belief, one should just ignore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? by ELEYIofNigeria: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
If you share sen a thread on same topic and .
because speaking in tongues is concorted

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Catholic Archdiocese Suspends Priest For Comments About Igbo Songs. / 8 Important Ways We Can Praise God As Christians / Please Write Your Condolence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.