Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN (13785 Views)

New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses / NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by BlackSpanner: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2021
Don't worry, we will extend it till Nigerian Air takes off.

2 Likes

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2021
Una go shift NIN deadline and tire. No be naija we dey
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by iamtardey: 8:04am On Oct 02, 2021
Take a moment and think about this question, at the end you know nothing is...
funny not funny

Marvyx:
What even works in this country?? undecided

Lol.. Very backward country reflecting the backward ways of the leaders.

1 Like

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by KingDash: 8:04am On Oct 02, 2021
me I follow... thunder fire tgem and they NIN
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by TearNinja001: 8:04am On Oct 02, 2021
These guys are not yet serious.Go to enrolment centres and see the rubbish going on there, to capture citizens and give NIN slips is an issue to them.

I'm still wondering when they'll start issuing Plastic cards. That one fit be in 100 years to come grin grin

2 Likes

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Basicend: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2021
Clowns.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Bmgreat: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2021
Let them keep on giving deadlines stubborn people like us will never obey nin trash I hate nonsense why won't them allow us to use bvn to activate our numbers
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by KillAlabi2021(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2021
After the dead line

They will still shift it

This pattern is too predictable

1 Like

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by sematec(m): 8:10am On Oct 02, 2021
thunder fire una. 1 thousand years is not even enough for NIN. till Jesus come

1 Like

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Toceenay(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2021
At times I wonder how the so called our leaders think, is it that they don't have brain or they don't use it.

Something like this must be a continuous activity. Every day thousands of children are given birth to in the country and outside, they are still Nigerian and they'll need it at a point.

Some are not in the country, yet you refuse to make it an online registration and stick to physical availability.

In most advanced countries, a single number (eg SIN) given to a child at birth is what will be used for life. But here different number for different activities... We have: BVN, NIN, VCN, IPN, etc. For how long we go dey do this!

2 Likes

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by techWriter3: 8:12am On Oct 02, 2021
Pantami will bide till thy king Bring.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Dabronze(m): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2021
Things that are not much important is what the government will be givin deadlines The Covid-19 pallative that they suppose share for people they didnt give deadline for it
pensineer that are waiting for their entitlement don get deadline
No deadline for government project.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2021
Reading the comments, there seems to be a lot of grumbling and anger over the government's decision....to have a national database.

The funny thing is that if we didn't have a database, these same people would be still grumbling and complaining that Nigeria is not among the advanced nations of the world....

And the funny thing is that back in the day a lot of people were backing the NIN thing because it would somehow show 'the true population of the country.

There is nothing wrong with having a NIN. People should go out and get a NIN if we don't have one. The government should extend the deadline and provide more opportunities for people to register...and maybe make it possible to register kids at birth....

Saying this does not mean I support or like Buhari. But we have had this NIN issue on our head for over 40 years....and several failures. Time we made sure this current effort...ongoing since 2013, works.

2 Likes

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Bantu10: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2021
helinues:
How would Nigerians outside get one when there is no online application..

They are not serious

Be there deceiving yourself
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by BenzEne1(m): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2021
anorexicmuster:
Reading the comments, there seems to be a lot of grumbling and anger over the government's decision....to have a national database.

The funny thing is that if we didn't have a database, these same people would be still grumbling and complaining that Nigeria is not among the advanced nations of the world....

And the funny thing is that back in the day a lot of people were backing the NIN thing because it would somehow show 'the true population of the country.

There is nothing wrong with having a NIN. People should go out and get a NIN if we don't have one. The government should extend the deadline and provide more opportunities for people to register...and maybe make it possible to register kids at birth....

Saying this does not mean I support or like Buhari. But we have had this NIN issue on our head for over 40 years....and several failures. Time we made sure this current effort...ongoing since 2013, works.

Your yarnings for hold water if they are efficient at the so called reg centers. I was told to come back by January for my nin. Something wey I register for early last month.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2021
How many people we get for this country sef. It's like we are more than 300million
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by kherlly(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2021
I'll wait till they block my line before going for the nin apart from that I don't care
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by musicwriter(m): 8:27am On Oct 02, 2021
We are not educated to understand cause, effect, consequence so we think that events are instantaneous. And that's why our governments just wake up and make laws and expect people to follow it immediately.

If you want everyone in Nigeria to get NIN or even something else, it would take a generation. It would take up to 25-30 years!! Things take time to happen!

You must phase out (with education) this generation that are not used to the idea and the next generation would naturally love the idea of NIN without you doing anything else.

It's either you already have an educated society to embrace such change as soon as it comes or wait 25-30 years.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Globad(f): 8:28am On Oct 02, 2021
How did they arrive at 140m?

What if those that have registered are actually about 90% of Nigerians?

They shouldn't be working from the answer to the question.

The registration should end this December. Finish
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by SenecaTheYonger: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2021
Nigeria’s population might be smaller than we think
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by anytexy: 8:35am On Oct 02, 2021
mtcheeeeew!!! Next news please.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by rman: 8:38am On Oct 02, 2021
anorexicmuster:

At last someone that gets it.

Complaining and lamenting now seems to be the new cool.

NIN is very important if we get it right.

1 Like

Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by inioluwaDaniels(m): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2021
Until dem bring dat device to my street n compensate me with freebies dats wen I ll do NiN if not buhari n his colleagues can do dere worst
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by CocoaOla: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2021
Free innocent people from this forceful fraudulent marriage called Nigeria The system is rigged to favour only political criminals

61 years of failure & hopelessness.
Largest oil reserve in Africa yet the poverty Capital of the world.
Population crisis, outlaws & tribalism on steroids between the Fulani Hausa, Igbos & Yoruba people. Disgrace!!!!. High GDP BUT Lowest GDP per Capita, utterly pathetic
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by nkemoma(m): 8:46am On Oct 02, 2021
141 million Fulanis, Malians and Chadians...

Useless people
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by Gkemz: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2021
It will still be shifted to December.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by EASYLIFE4US: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2021
Nigeria is a failed state..Breakup eminent.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by hedonido: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2021
As long as that terrorist Islamist he-goat remains the Minister of Communications, they're wasting their time.

Bunch of idiots.
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by isan(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2021
I get coconut head i no go do am
Re: October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN by natznext(m): 9:14am On Oct 02, 2021
Ayomarcel:
140million.. Nigerians ��

I think say na only me see am no??

We are still standing on this bull crap of 200m people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition / I’m Silent On National Issues Until After Elections – Obasanjo / APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.