Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (332643 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kehnie: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2010
@Dis guy,
Years of experience is not a pre requisite in enrolling for MBA. lots of people immediately start there MBA immediately after dere degree program without working at all.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
kehnie:

@Dis guy,
Years of experience is not a pre requisite in enrolling for MBA. lots of people immediately start there MBA immediately after dere degree program without working at all.

Are you serious??
What will they discuss as part of their programmes then?
And what position will they apply for upon graduation surely not entry level like everyone else
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kehnie: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2010
I guess dey might have to apply as graduate trainee too cos dey hav no experience.most people i finish school with are in uk undertaking dere MBA already immediately after NYSC.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
kehnie:

I guess dey might have to apply as graduate trainee too cos dey hav no experience.most people i finish school with are in uk undertaking dere MBA already immediately after NYSC.

what a waste, after spending £10,000-£40,000 on an MBA only to apply for as a graduate trainee, e no easy
That's why Credible/accredited MBA require at least three years experience in managerial roles
i think their MBA certificate is suspect to be honest
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by saperpsms: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2010
If you are thinking of expanding your HR world, then you may explore SAP HR world!

SAP HR is the hottest module of SAP next to FICO (Finance and Control) globally.

If you are considering HR jobs in such places as ExxonMobil, Total, Chevron, Multilinks, Dangote etc; You may take a second look on SAP edge.

For more about SAP locate this Nairaland Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-149807.0.html

Cheers!
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2010
@ All HRP in the House,

I urgently need a change of job in Ibadan, Oyo State. I have HND in Secretarial Studies (Distinction). I am an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Economists of Nigeria (ICEN). I have 5 years cognate experience as Confidential/Personal Secretary. Anyone who can assist should contact me through ayokemi2003@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2010
Where do you belong here?

Management Tips

Four Kinds of People

1. Those who make things happen - Intelligent, Contributors, Proactive, Innovative, Aggressive, Result-Oriented people.

2. Those who watch things happen - Sit-down look, Care free, Non-Challant pple.

3. Those who wonder what's happening - No effort to be informed, conversant
and updated

4. Those dat everythg happens to:Hold-ups,go slow,sickness,my child is sick,
my mother is not well etc.

We must check ourselves.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by cleversecj: 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
Used to flying below the radar at work? Think not being noticed will keep your job safe? Not anymore. The best strategy now is to figure out how you can raise your visibility at work - in positive ways.

Additionally, if your job is tedious or repetitive, you can request alternative activities to break up the monotony of your every day work. No matter the job, it is difficult to do the exact same work all day long, even if you love the work and the customers. Your request for skill developing assignments will make you stand out.

If you're underemployed and waiting for your next opportunity at work, request work that will help you grow into your next assignment. If you're thinking about looking for a new job, make your requests for more challenging work visible. Don't sit back and wait for your manager to give you something new or exciting to do. This is always the wrong approach.

Your manager is busy, too, and while your development as a person and employee may be important to your manager, he or she cannot read your mind. It is helpful to work in a company with a performance development planning process in place.

There, you have the opportunity to talk with your supervisor, at least quarterly, about issues such as your development and career growth. But, no matter your company's employment practices, you have the right to ask and to care about your career and personal development and visibility at work.

Six Tips to Raise Your Visibility at Work

These ideas will help you help your boss help you:

* Ask for more responsible assignments so you can exhibit that you deserve them and that your skills are underutilized. Go to your manager with specific suggestions about how you think you can contribute to improvement, departmental efficiency, or creating a new process or method. Make it easy for him or her to help you.

* Volunteer to represent your department at meetings, on planning committees, and on projects. A proactive approach to work is noticed by the bosses. Working on cross-functional teams also gives your talents exposure outside of your own work area. This is helpful when promotions or lateral opportunities become available. A "known" employee has the advantage over one who is not known.

* Build your relationship with your boss. Check in with him or her periodically whether you need to or not. The boss is a person, too. Don't make fake requests or pretend ignorance if you really have the answer. But, running the answer by the boss, telling the boss what's on your mind, and making suggestions for improvement are generally welcome interactions. You don't have to share your private life, or be friends with your boss and coworkers, but a friendly, supportive relationship matters for success and visibility.

* If you have skills that you are not using in your current position, look for opportunities to keep in practice. Use them; don't lose them. These opportunities will also bring wider company exposure and broaden your organization's thinking about what you can do. So, as an example, your creative talents, your willingness to experiment, or your ability to mediate conflicts will make you stand out as an employee.

* Request the opportunity to participate in seminars and training classes. Ask to belong to your relevant professional development association and for the opportunity to participate in its events. Then, visibly apply the new opportunities back in the workplace. Take the application one step further.

Tell your boss and coworkers what you learned and how you plan to apply the new information at work. This has three advantages. Your improvement efforts improve your visibility and teaching others is the best way to make sure you've really learned the concepts. Finally, your coworkers benefit from the time you spent and the knowledge you gained at the session.

* If your company has book clubs or interactive brown bag lunches on topics, get involved or start them. Make sure your boss has factored the time into your schedule so you can become involved. Just like the activities mentioned earlier, this participation brings all the benefits of broader visibility and you can be observed by others in thoughtful discussion.

These tips about employee training and development will give you more thoughts on how you can pursue your personal professional development at work.

More contributions.

Thank you.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by cleversecj: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2010
Used to flying below the radar at work? Think not being noticed will keep your job safe? Not anymore. The best strategy now is to figure out how you can raise your visibility at work - in positive ways.

Additionally, if your job is tedious or repetitive, you can request alternative activities to break up the monotony of your every day work. No matter the job, it is difficult to do the exact same work all day long, even if you love the work and the customers. Your request for skill developing assignments will make you stand out.

If you're underemployed and waiting for your next opportunity at work, request work that will help you grow into your next assignment. If you're thinking about looking for a new job, make your requests for more challenging work visible. Don't sit back and wait for your manager to give you something new or exciting to do. This is always the wrong approach.

Your manager is busy, too, and while your development as a person and employee may be important to your manager, he or she cannot read your mind. It is helpful to work in a company with a performance development planning process in place.

There, you have the opportunity to talk with your supervisor, at least quarterly, about issues such as your development and career growth. But, no matter your company's employment practices, you have the right to ask and to care about your career and personal development and visibility at work.

* Ask for more responsible assignments so you can exhibit that you deserve them and that your skills are underutilized. Go to your manager with specific suggestions about how you think you can contribute to improvement, departmental efficiency, or creating a new process or method. Make it easy for him or her to help you.

* Volunteer to represent your department at meetings, on planning committees, and on projects. A proactive approach to work is noticed by the bosses. Working on cross-functional teams also gives your talents exposure outside of your own work area. This is helpful when promotions or lateral opportunities become available. A "known" employee has the advantage over one who is not known.

* Build your relationship with your boss. Check in with him or her periodically whether you need to or not. The boss is a person, too. Don't make fake requests or pretend ignorance if you really have the answer. But, running the answer by the boss, telling the boss what's on your mind, and making suggestions for improvement are generally welcome interactions. You don't have to share your private life, or be friends with your boss and coworkers, but a friendly, supportive relationship matters for success and visibility.

* If you have skills that you are not using in your current position, look for opportunities to keep in practice. Use them; don't lose them. These opportunities will also bring wider company exposure and broaden your organization's thinking about what you can do. So, as an example, your creative talents, your willingness to experiment, or your ability to mediate conflicts will make you stand out as an employee.

* Request the opportunity to participate in seminars and training classes. Ask to belong to your relevant professional development association and for the opportunity to participate in its events. Then, visibly apply the new opportunities back in the workplace. Take the application one step further.

Tell your boss and coworkers what you learned and how you plan to apply the new information at work. This has three advantages. Your improvement efforts improve your visibility and teaching others is the best way to make sure you've really learned the concepts. Finally, your coworkers benefit from the time you spent and the knowledge you gained at the session.

* If your company has book clubs or interactive brown bag lunches on topics, get involved or start them. Make sure your boss has factored the time into your schedule so you can become involved. Just like the activities mentioned earlier, this participation brings all the benefits of broader visibility and you can be observed by others in thoughtful discussion.

These tips about employee training and development will give you more thoughts on how you can pursue your personal professional development at work.

More contributions.

Thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by cleversecj: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2010

Contributions.

Thank s

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^Your post will be visible in some minutes dont repost- thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by frankoko(m): 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2010
wao i love this thread , pls can someone help with a software i can use for Admin/Hr for my growing office
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Folusade(f): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2010
@HRPs in the house.

I have a proposal for establishing and managing stardard eatery/staff canteen in Organizations who do not have presently and has staff membership of 100 and above.

Our Vision is to create a profitable restaurant (attached to Companies) with an exciting atmosphere, great food, and excellent service where people truly enjoy coming to eat and lounge.

Six three was born out of the desire to provide service to meet the needs of people in Organizations. We hope to work with Human Resources Managers of such Organizations to help improve their staff welfare and also relief the HR Department of issues around staff canteen management , organising staff birthday etc.

Is there any HR manager or personnel in the house who can assist?
Would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sixthree Cafe- 0806 1500 517, info@gordana.biz
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by girlloom(f): 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
Hello all,

Urgent vacancy exists in Global Oceon Engineers located in Lekki phase1 for Human Resource Officer with 3 or more working experience. Interested persons should send their resumes with the position as subject to careers@oceon-group.com

Application closes two weeks from now

Remuneration very attractive. All d best!
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by sleekdude1(m): 1:37am On Jul 18, 2010
@ she, @ chi, @ yemi or any one of you guys here :- please is there any possibility of having a meeting with one of you guys, i am on to something Big in this HR thing, and i would be needing partners, please, any one with a little spare time should hit me up on 08028292374. Its really important. Thanks, Nice thread y'all. Ciao.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
sleek dude:

@ she, @ chi, @ yemi or any one of you guys here :- please is there any possibility of having a meeting with one of you guys, i am on to something Big in this HR thing, and i would be needing partners, please, any one with a little spare time should hit me up on 08028292374. Its really important. Thanks, Nice thread y'all. Ciao.

Unfortunately I am in Abj for now.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by sleekdude1(m): 4:45am On Jul 20, 2010
@ yemi, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, well, any one you can refer me to is any onelse available, please
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kehnie: 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2010
@girlloom,
I have just apply for the hr position but do not have three years experience,kindly help into hr assistant position if possible,am willing to start my career in hr at any level.thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Goksyde: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2010
is there a website were HR professionals in company post openings (apart from the companies website) are they allowed to do that ?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by machere44: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2010
[b]@ Sleekdude,
I am interested in ur " something big" and will appreciate if u can fill me in. I am currently in the United States , HR proff and trying to come home to see wsup, my email is namachere@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soonest
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by achmed1(m): 12:38am On Aug 09, 2010
hello, am a fresh graduate of unilorin with b.ed edu/management,i wish to start a career in human resources mgt. To this end i want to pursue a relevant masters degree .pls i need info of nigerian universities of such progams.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Iranoladun(f): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2010
It depends on your base. You may try Master in Industrial Relations & Personnel management (MILR) at University of Lagos.

I also understand Convenant University, Ota runs HR degree but I don't know if they run master degree but you could google up the information.

In the interim, You may wish to register for the graduate program of CIPMN (Chartered Institute of Personnel management of Nigeria).

Best of luck
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by marcus1234: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by zikko(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2010
We assist HR Manager in conducting Background Checks and certificate verification for their organization. Further information please vist www.riskcontrolnigeria.com or send me a mail to iojogbane@riskcontrolnigeria.com
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by sleekdude1(m): 11:45pm On Aug 14, 2010
@ machere44, i just sent you an email. Thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Recruitoo: 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hello House,

I have 2 years hr consulting experience and desire to move into a practitioner's role. I would appreciate it if there are any HR vacancies i can apply for or you could recommend any organization I could send my cv to.

Regards.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by domorehill: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2010
hh
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by bijorium(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2010
@ yemmight

I think your posts are just great. I have learnt so much in the last 24 hours.It is always a delight to read from you. May I ask if you could send me the in-house slides you prepared after your training- I mean the one you had difficulty attaching.My email address is hrnewbiez@yahoo.com

I have an engineering background. I currently do customer service at one of the telcos. I am looking at CIPM and plan to get enrolled in November. Already talking to a couple of folks at work who have study packs I could borrow pending when I get mine in November.

@ posters
Methinks everyone here has done nicely.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by achmed1(m): 2:58am On Sep 22, 2010
@Everybody, how relevant is sap-hr module ,in nigerian hr market.
i wish to know cause i want to arm my self with all necesary tools b4 entering the hr enviroment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.