Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (331905 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 9:38am On Jun 17, 2016
chocodaviva:

Oh thanks sir May Jehovah bless u ,
I will send me CV ASAP
Av sent a mail to u sir wit mkayruth@yahoo.com

I have not received that mail. Check the mail you sent it to. (o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk)
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by chocodaviva(f): 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
yemmight:

I have not
received that mail. Check the mail you sent it to. (o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk)
Gudevening mr(autocorrect don murder me oh)mr Yemi have resent a mail just now tnks for ur concern.....
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by sipsip(m): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2016
jidluk:
Kindly go to their office @Ikeja,plus you can also buy past questions there too..hope helpful on your request..all the best

Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Meetmeat(m): 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
cipmnigeria:
Good Morning House,

Quite an amazing job here since 2007. We are pleased to inform you that The Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management Of Nigeria is now officially represented on this forum. We would be responding to enquiries and providing real time information to pressing questions and concerns.
We can be reached via membership@cipmnigeria.org and marketing@cipmnigeria.org as well.

Kindly visit www.cipmnigeria.org for all needed details especially on the Human Resource Practitioners Licence, Membership, Collaboration with tertiary institutions, governmental relations, exams etc.

In Brief:

THE INSTITUTE

The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria was established as an umbrella Association for Practitioners of Personnel Management in 1968 as the Personnel Management Association of Nigeria. In 1973, it was renamed as Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria. Finally, Act No 58 of 1992 chartered the Institute.

VISION

‘To be the foremost People Management Institute in Africa, respected across the World’.

MISSION

‘To regulate the Practice of Human Resource Management in Nigeria and Promote Excellence in the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills by Practitioners, thereby contributing to sustainable National Development’.

The objectives of the Institute are:

• To promote and develop the science and practice of personnel management in all its ramifications;
• To foster and maintain investigations and research into the best means, and method of applying the science and art of Personnel Management and to encourage, extend, increase, disseminate and promote knowledge and the exchange of information and ideas with regard to all questions relating thereto or connect therewith;
• To develop and maintain high standard of professional competence and ensure that the management of human resource in Nigeria, both in public and private sectors, conforms with the best professional standards;
• To conduct research into and publish materials relating to the discipline of Human Resource Management.

www.facebook.com/cipmnigeria | www.twitter.com/cipmnigeria | [url]LinkedIn:http:///cVUoIu[/url] | Blog: www.cipmnigeriablog.org |
does cipm accept national open university of Nigeria result
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by greetings(f): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks intelligentdude, for pointing me in the right direction.

Hello gurus, please I need information on SAP hcm and other hris that's most sought after in Nigeria.
Anyone who is certified or in the process please share your thoughts or experiences.

Thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
greetings:
Thanks intelligentdude, for pointing me in the right direction.

Hello gurus, please I need information on SAP hcm and other hris that's most sought after in Nigeria.
Anyone who is certified or in the process please share your thoughts or experiences.

Thanks.

You should consider taking an international HR certification instead. It is more widely accepted and it takes less months to complete
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by greetings(f): 6:58am On Jun 22, 2016
Queensly123:

You should consider taking an international HR certification instead. It is more widely accepted and it takes less months to complete

Please can you be specific?

Like point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2016
greetings:

Please can you be specific?

Like point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

I feel that taking an international certification from an organization like HRCI (which has been in existence for 40 years) will be of more relevance to a HR person especially in this global age where the world has become a global village. Local certifications like the CIPM (no offense please) will not be relevant in the international space. No one knows tomorrow. With HRCI, you do not need to go through over 1 year of writing different exams as is obtainable with CIPM. You write one exam and you get certified. How many years of experience do you have?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
hello house,I am taking PE1 this august, for clarity please;;;the question is it theory or objective or both....the volume of the text book alone is tiring ...
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
Queensly123:

I feel that taking an international certification from an organization like HRCI (which has been in existence for 40 years) will be of more relevance to a HR person especially in this global age where the world has become a global village. Local certifications like the CIPM (no offense please) will not be relevant in the international space. No one knows tomorrow. With HRCI, you do not need to go through over 1 year of writing different exams as is obtainable with CIPM. You write one exam and you get certified. How many years of experience do you have?

Since u are more grounded in this,, brief us on the way forward ;
How u can access the HRCI forms and all that;;;;thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
angelusbrut:

Since u are more grounded in this,, brief us on the way forward ;
How u can access the HRCI forms and all that;;;;thanks

Yeah. The HRCI institute is based in the US and offers 7 certifications (Foreigners are eligible to write 3 of them). These certifications are PHRi, SPHRi, and GPHR.

PHRi (Professional in Human Resources, International) is for individuals that have a degree and at least 2 years experience in HR.
SPHRi (Senior Professional in Human Resources, International) is for individuals who have a degree and at least 5 years experience in HR
GPHR (Global Professional in Human Resources) is for individuals who have a degree and at least 2 years in global HR.

There are organizations in Nigeria that offer trainings for the exam and can help you with the registration process as well. One of the best is Certification Edge. You can check out their website here [url]certificationedge.com[/url] and the hrci website here [url]hrci.org[/url]

I'm here if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by orekelewa09(f): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2016
I'm a graduate of History and International Studies from uniuyo. I'm looking forward to running and choosing a career In Human Resource Management. How possible is that? I mean would I be given admission in that department to run an Msc Program and not pgd?

BTW, I graduated with a 2;2
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by greetings(f): 9:35am On Jun 24, 2016
orekelewa09:
I'm a graduate of History and International Studies from uniuyo. I'm looking forward to running and choosing a career In Human Resource Management. How possible is that? I mean would I be given admission in that department to run an Msc Program and not pgd?

BTW, I graduated with a 2;2

You should be given admission into industrial labour relations. Many people were science students in my class. That's if it's offered as executive course like mba, not Msc.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by greetings(f): 9:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Queensly123:

I know of hrci, how easy it is to pass though? Thank you so much for the enlightenment. So if I get you. No need for SAP? Or other erp?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by orekelewa09(f): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2016
greetings:

You should be given admission into industrial labour relations. Many people were science students in my class. That's if it's offered as executive course like mba, not Msc.

I'm more interested in Human Resource Management.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 24, 2016
greetings:

I know of hrci, how easy it is to pass though? Thank you so much for the enlightenment. So if I get you. No need for SAP? Or other erp?

Yes. HRCI is relatively easy to pass through depending on your level of commitment. And the good thing is that you don't need to go through a series of exams...you just write one exam to get the certification. And no, there's no need for SAP or other ERP.

Like I said before, you can check out the HRCI site here (hrci.org) and also check Certification Edge (certificationedge.com) which is one of the best HRCI accredited training institutes in Nigeria. if you google hrci certification in Nigeria, their name will come up first.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by FirstPrinciple(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2016
Good day all,

Trust you are all having a great day.

I would like to invite all HR practitioners to join a professional HR group on WhatsApp called HR Forum. The aim of this group is bring together all HR practitioners from different industries to share and discuss contemporary HR issues.

HR Forum will also be a good platform for green horn and experts in the house to learn from one another.

Note that this group is strictly meant for individuals practising HR.

Kindly indicate your interest by sending a WhatsApp message to 08137304159.

Thank you.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by th2olola: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
Please i need information on PHRI (HRBP), which of these consulting firms is best to train or can i just depend on personal study?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2016
th2olola:
Please i need information on PHRI (HRBP), which of these consulting firms is best to train or can i just depend on personal study?

Hello th2olola, I recently recommended training with Certification Edge to someone here and I will also do so for you. Check out the website here certificationedge.com and for PHRi here... http://www.certificationedge.com/hrbp/

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by joygirl1(f): 10:22am On Jun 28, 2016
Studying for PHRi exam in Nigeria

Studying for PHRi exam in Nigeria or any part of the world requires a special type of preparation distinctly different from any other exam. PHRi -The Professional in Human Resources – International was known as HRBP before 2016. If you are preparing for this exam I wouldn’t bore you with the details that you can find on the certification website. I would rather concentrate on details that you can’t find anywhere else. My focus is on helping you pass the PHRi – HRBP exam. Please take note of the following details.
PHRi – HRBP EXAMINATION STUDY GUIDE
 The PHRi – HRBP exam is a multiple choice assessment that test not only how far you know the HR function but also your ability to apply standard HR best practice.
 Most of the time it is more difficult for someone who does not have the required experience in a structured HR setting to pass the exam.
 If you do not work in a structured HR setting where HR best practices is embraced or do not have the required years of experience then you have to prepare twice as hard.
 The fact that it is multiple choice exams does not mean it is easier than essay exams rather it requires students to be familiar with a much broader range of HR concepts, processes and procedures because the PHRi –HRBP exam contains a lot of questions than any essay exams.
 Even a well-prepared student can make silly mistakes on the PHRi – HRBP exams, or can fall prey to distracters that look very similar to the correct answer.
 Sometimes all the options in a PHRi –HRBP exam question may appear correct. This is one of the features that make the PHRi – HRBP questions difficult to answer. Please watch out for more tips on how to study for and pass the certification.

2 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by tonididdy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
please OP and nairalanders pls send me a CV template in PDF or docx format to swweetmummy@gmail.com and diddylala2014@gmail.com
I want to construct my first CV
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by olayodekemi: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
Please I need help. I got information that cipm wants to revoke licence of those of us who has not paid annual due for so long. And that dead line is 30that June. Please anyone with info about this issue. Can't sleep o as I can't afford to loose my licence.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by debawilliam1: 3:43am On Jun 29, 2016
Please where can i write the PhRi exam in Nigeria, either papaer based or CBT. thanks

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 29, 2016
debawilliam1:
Please where can i write the PhRi exam in Nigeria, either papaer based or CBT. thanks

Hello, we only write Paper Based Test (PBT) in Nigeria. We do not write CBT, in fact the closest place to write the CBT is at Ghana. You can write the Paper Based Test only in Lagos and Abuja. You can also get trained to write the exam. Check out certificationedge.com. wink
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LaurelP(m): 11:19am On Jun 29, 2016
Hello @yemmight, kudos to u.
@cipmnigeria u guys have not been responding to enquiries here.

I'm planning on sitting for my CIPM next year February. But I want to start preparing for it bit by bit as am a very busy person.
Pls I'd like to know how I can get relevant materials I can be studying for now as am not sure I'd be chanced to do tutorials.
Can I get materials outside or must it be the ones approved by institute?
If I can pls how do I get them, am starting from Intermediate 2.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by piagbara: 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
Can anybody who has passed cipm PE1 help me with thier study packs I will really appreciate the help.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by doctore89: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2016
hey guys. please any pe1 student that can put me through operational research should please help a brother out.

that's the only challenge I have for this forthcoming exams

thanks in advance
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by FaariA(f): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello All

Can you guys help with advice, which exams should someone who is transitioning into HR to do so as to be taken seriously here in in Nigeria.
I have an IT background but have great interest in HR.

CIPM or HRCi?

For CIPM , i know i should start from intermediate I . I was at the CIPM house yesterday but they don't have the past questions for now, i wanted to see what that is like.

Anyone willing send me past questions and any material online please?
In Between , i want to write the exams this August...

Thank you,

cc@yemight
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by christhavemercy(f): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hello good people

I'm hoping to start my career in HR. I have a degree in sociology and a registered member of CIPM. I intend(hopefully) to pursue an Msc in Industrial relations and personnel management by year end. I need an internship opportunity in order to see how things work practically not jst in books. I am below 25 and very eager to learn and to assist. Please house, help me as this will enable me determine if HR is really for me or not.

Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by olajideportha(m): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please I want to register for the CIPM Intermediate 2 though I will do it next week. Please I want to know if 4 weeks will be enough for me to study?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 08, 2016
ITAB:
Next diet exams will hold Feb 2016, go to their website to register, upload all ur credentials online and they will get back to u as to what stage u will start from and all ur fees to be paid

please i registered for CIPM august diet, i wish to know if the examination is going to be only theory or objectives or just theory.....the stuff is not just easy considering my tight schedule....please kindly reply...thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by masterd1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
doctore89:
hey guys. please any pe1 student that can put me through operational research should please help a brother out.

that's the only challenge I have for this forthcoming exams

thanks in advance

I'm currently in PE 1 and can help out. it depends on time and location.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.