Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

What’s That One Misconception People Have About You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What’s That One Misconception People Have About You? (1027 Views)

The Misconception People Have About Me / What's That Misconception That People Have About You? / Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What’s That One Misconception People Have About You? by pansophist(m): 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
That I'm harsh, or I would say, that I'm bitter. And it because of the way I talk and write. By nature, I do not know, or I'll rather say, that I do not like to decorate my speech to be palatable in delivery. When I speak or write, my priority is to deliver my message just as I feel, and I use words and structure my sentences in a way that will make the reader/listeners understand my point with the accompanying emotions I want to invoke in them.

Because of this, my circles are usually two folds. Those that love me, and those that hate me. My lovers usually are strong people, they can accommodate someone being honest and being himself with them, not wearing a mask, lying or impressing them, but that I can just be. Surprisingly, or rather unsurprisingly, it's mostly men I noticed that can stand a genuine man. But they try to know if I'm just being harsh or it's my method of delivery.

Those that can't stand me are usually women, from my experience, truth and women are not
usually friends. I've met men like that, but its
usually women that would totally ignore what I'm saying, and worry about how I said it. And this is the fundamental differences I've observed between the sexes. But those that are strong actually love me, because they are assured of my true opinion, guaranteed. And if its about relationship and men wahala, my advice is astute.

Because I'll rather be silent, than say something, lie or sprinkle it with flavour. I won't fake it, and I have accepted long ago to bear the consequences that comes with my method of delivery. The good thing is that people value my opinion, and even if they hate what I said, they know that it's my truth, and not something influenced by externalities. I'm not a photocopy of someone's else opinion or perspective.

I don't mind being hated, just don't do gra gra, na there we go get problem. Hate me and avoid me. Simple. Because even my parents have issues with me when I was young, I was just too direct, but I noticed they learnt that punishment will not change this one, its who he is. Especially when they saw that it's how I relate with the world.

1 Like

Re: What’s That One Misconception People Have About You? by spice123(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2021
JaneYave:
Smiles. People think I am quiet till they over step their boundary.
Same with me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men,come And Tell Us The Food You Can Prepare Or The One You've Ever Prepared. / Apologize To Your Partner Without Saying Sorry. / 7 Things Women Do When They Genuinely Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.