Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

"Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity (28381 Views)

It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by LegalWolf: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2021
jmoore:

Ride the car with flat worn out tyres.

Drink with a cup that was picked from a septic tank.

What does borehole guarantees?

You’re standing brodalikeme argument on the head! OMG what kind dumb logic is this? You assume that since the tyre is good, the car is efficient. What happens to the engine, to the breaks, the oils and other component. Brodalikeme’s argument still stands that just one tiny piece (in this instance, good tyre) does not make a car efficient is still valid for all purposes. You analogy above just doesn’t cut it.

And your faux morality is nauseating! Rubbish!!

4 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Elporo(m): 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

Smh, let me down to your level,

Paternity fraud of other children apart from the first?

Do you suppose a non virgin cannot run a home?

Thank you for coming down to my level. At the level, we hold virgins in high esteem. Thanks again.

Paternity fraud is paternity fraud. Does not matter if it was the first or last child.

We are concerned about who statistically is at a high risk of paternity fraud!

How do you run a home when you busy fvking one of your ex-lovers?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by chival(f): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Well written. What I expected ladies to do was to at least admit virginity in marriage is a virtue they regretted not achieving. But the way they want to turn it and make virgins unfashionable is disgusting. And the lady who shared her bed was criticized. Lol. They are sick in the head. They want to change the standard. Lol.

You almost sounded cool, but the truth is that you can only dish out this advice if you were a virgin when you got married. If not, kindly shut up and let virgins come out and dish such out. Listen, out of 10 virgins, 9 always have successful marriages. I can bet on it. If you want us to go on a real bet and carry out an extensive research, we can put N20 million down. I will bet on it that 90% virgins always have successful marriages. Are you ready? But we do not need to bet that most non virgins divorce. Lol. (I am not talking about men cos men too should be virgins).

I advise you to shut up and not say what you are not in marriage.

Listen, to be a virgin means to be submissive. Yes, it may not be directly, but it is indirectly. Any girl who is a virgin is discipline. And there is a strong reason to believe she will not go out reporting her husband to every jack and Jerry. Also, it means she listens to someone which is a sign of obedience. Also, it may be that she has a strong fear of God. Many things are attached to keeping virginity till marriage. So, do not compare the "loosed" girls with such person.

Anyone who gets a virgin is lucky, and the girl should be treated like a queen. You are not one, so shut the crap up. Thank you!
How on earth do you guys find it so easy to be rude to total strangers who have not offended you in any way? Would you ask your sister to shut up for airing her views? I expressly said virginity is a virtue and that every young woman should strive to go to her marriage bed a virgin, so where pray tell, did I write anything that warrants your rude retort?

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by chival(f): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ojady:

Did you get married as a virgin? If yes, you have an argument, otherwise Ma'm, please sit down, you might learn a thing or two
No sweetheart. You are the one who needs the lessons, especially in civility.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
SteelMcqueen:
Some people clearly didn't read the ops post before commenting......except you have comprehension problems.

Op exhalted the chastity of virginity.......he didn't argue about virginity been the only recipe for a good marriage.

So where did this stupid comparison come from, if you aren't already biased.

If you've thrown away your virginity, sorry for you.......but please let virgins be........let them enjoy their most Noble decisions of remaining pure till marriage.

Whether it's a recipe for a good marriage is not your fucking business.......you didn't have the discipline to keep yourself pure, let those who have disciplined themselves to be pure decide for themselves.

Are you a virgin? Unused and untouched?

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by henrybomb(m): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
betwo:
this question is bias
It is an open question though and I am not even trying to be bias.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by advanceDNA: 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
CaveAdullam:
1. Women that says virginity doesn't matter has seriously messed up with their lives during their h0e/party/appreciative days by accumulating a significant truckloads of body counts. Or, have been fvcked mercilessly by a single guy or two (and involved) in a relationship that led nowhere.

1b. The women that says virginity doesn't matter are the same women who will not marry repentant rapists, ex convicts, paedophiles. They always prefer the good to go men for a long lasting relationship. Ditto for men when selecting good suitors for their sisters and daughters.

2. When women want to retire or have retired you hear the mantra from their mouth: "virginity doesn't guarantee good marriage... not all virgins are loyal (in their cognitive bias minds, h0es are loyal)...who will you choose between a virgin with bad character and a h0e with good character(all of a sudden, virgins have bad characters: a very stupid comparison)...virgins also get involved in other kinds of sexual depravity: mouth action, anal sex, masturbation blah blah blah". They always find possible ways to rationalize their stupidity in order to save face and this is done by ridiculing virginity.

3. Because the above women sexual market value has dropped greatly, they begin to pretend repentance, behave as good fellows, seeming patient and loyal. But why didn't they remained like this from the onset? Why did they enjoyed or spent their past lives carelessly without giving a thought about the future? They didn't because:

4. a foolish beta man will come one day and asked for their hands in marriage; a man who doesn't care for the well-being of his genetic line. Since society comprises emasculated men in high degree, virginity doesn't matters. Since these men are feminized and sexually thirsty, they wouldn't bother vetting their so-called fiancées or be able to withstand the destruction of the beautiful illusions they hold concerning these women.

5. Virginity is fertility! Virgin women ranks higher than their non virgin counterpart. Non virgin women are even more predisposed to sexual infections and diseases.

6. O yes! Virgin women are more loyal, faithful, submissive and have a happy and long standing marriage. The lower her body count, the lower her propensity to divorce.

7. Like I said somewhere before, individuals must be judge based on their principles, personalities and what they represents overtime. This is necessary so that we won't fall into fundamental attribution biases.

Quite alright, repentant h0es or non virgin women are not evil, and many still got good qualities. However, inasmuch as the intersexual dynamics is concerned, selecting for the best amongst women is necessary and virgin women always comes first! Non virgin women can still qualify if they pass the scrutiny test.

8. As being wealthy, strong, powerful and brave comes first before moral values, ethics, principles when women are choosing men for marriage, same way virginity comes first for men. Homo sapiens are sexually dimorphic, hence, the need for different qualities in both mates. And as far as the genetic pool and evolution is concerned, these qualities matters and are the most significant factors considered when choosing a mate.

The fact that cars do have accident on the road doesn't mean we should prefer damaged cars to brand new ones. At least starting with the best of cars enormously guarantees a sweeter ride and a safer journey. The best cars can be enjoyed by the owner and will even be appreciated more as it depreciates over the years. (This is not about cars but true of cars).

For the inquisitive, here is some data for your enjoyment.

Thanks.

This your comprehensive research is trouble in the hearts of many ooo..

It's hate speech to many

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by highchief1: 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

Okay, is she still a virgin? If yes, pls keep her like that till death do you part since it guarantees a successful marriage, the moment she becomes loose, your marriage will fail, you hear.
come no be tell u to use ur puci do giveaway o.Haba
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by chival(f): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
OBALOLA55:
shocked

SO WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN LOOKING FOR IN THE ROMANCE SECTIONshocked
Sharing from my own experiences and giving advice where required by posters. Most posts come in the form of request for advice. I give my 2 cents wherever possible. smiley
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Elporo(m): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
kevoh:

Your Toyota analogy is puerile! A wife is not an object but a human being.

You are pathetic. You can't even take it like a man.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by highchief1: 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2021
NigeriaIsGreat:
Congrats bro. I graciously tap in your grace
put eyes down dem Dey town though few.Don’t allow the dead ones like the babe quoting me make u give up.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by chival(f): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
derecho:
We know Virginity alone doesn't guarantee a successful marriage but the same person with all other qualities can't be same as one who willingly got deflowered.
Do you think a mum who was a public toilet before marriage would have the moral justification to tell her daughter to be chaste? Of course, she'll be amongst those buying condoms for the daughters.
Sex is a major issue in marriage nowadays except the parties involved have self-control.
A lady who had been with many guys before marriage is likely to have experiences to compare.The temptation is higher if the present husband isn't as amazing as her exes.
Though, there are other factors aside psychology and spirituality, if both parties kept themselves, they are likely not going to have issues with comparison.
Fornication and adultery are very close relatives.
I agree. Like I wrote earlier, every unmarried woman should strive to maintain her virginity till marriage. She also needs to work on herself in other areas as well.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Indispensable85(m): 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
Going through the various comments here, it's clear that we need to do something urgent about our English language curriculum in our schools.
Almost everyone is saying same thing yet they're arguing.

The crux is that VIRGINITY ALONE is not a guarantee that a woman will make a good wife.

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by chival(f): 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
cliqtips:

But if there are no EXs from both sides, don't you think couples would have lesser things to worry about ?

I agree. However, the topic is all about whether virginity GUARANTEES a successful marriage.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Carot: 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

Says who?
so you prefer a novice in bed
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Fasshyt(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
Being a virgin doesn't mean women can't be promiscuously

Because women can cheat for Africa any man that trusts his wife %100 is just a simp....you disflower her doesn't mean she will not cheat on you especially the materialistic women you can't know them by being a virgin
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by advanceDNA: 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

Are you a virgin? Unused and untouched?

So what if steelmcqueen isn't virgin... So only virgins can say being a virgin is a good a good thing?? Ita pathetic how u run around this thread askimg question that don't go inline with arguments..
go an pour your regrets of not being disciplined on the many guys that have entered you....leave virgins alone and their decision to be chaste, even if they won't be virgins for life...they will be disvirgined in their husband's house not at the back of hostel or uncompleted building or short time hotel...

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by seunayantokun(m): 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
Nobody is saying virginity alone guarantees but it is a key virtue that can significantly contribute to it. The problem now is those people who are now being hammered by their own conscience for their promiscuous life are like since we don't have it, you won't be happy for having it.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Verysmart101: 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
pansophist:
Saying that virginity doesn't guarantee a successful marriage is like saying that an educated hardworking man doesn't guarantee sucess. Well yea, it doesn't, but it's an indication. And I'll rather pick a virgin, than one who would compare our sex with truckloads of men she had slept with. Then say I'm not man enough.

The problem with men is that they tend to focus so much on only d sexual aspect and forget other clues the bible gave about a good woman.Is broken virginity the only sin a woman can commit? Delilah in d bible was it cos of virginity that made her betray her husband Samson? Wat about Jezebel and other evil woman was their wickedness attributed cos of virginity?

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by advanceDNA: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
seunayantokun:
Nobody is saying virginity alone guarantees but it is a key virtue that can significantly contribute to it. The problem now is those people whose conscience is hammering now for their promiscuous life are like since we don't have it, you won't be happy for having it.

Dem son spread legs like rumour come dey claim say somebody marriage no go last just because na virgin....

Some even calim they won't be virgins for life making virgins look like it's no big deal......see bad bele..ontop person peeaonal decision to remain disciplined
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by MrColdsweat: 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
Look for 10 virgins and marry the one with the best character.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2021
koyyes:

Fixed.

As I dey like this

I no send

Dey repeat am till you die
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
duality:

Those that deliberately chosen to be and remain virgins, even with all the pressures, are not doomed too. However, they are better choices.

We all can't shamelessly throw in marriage success into the narrative, because we want to validate our sexual recklessness. At the same time, trivialize Chastity. NO!!!!

The ORGANIC character traits for a successful marriage, is embedded in the ability to keep yourself pure, against all odds.

Other house hold skills can be learned by anyone.

The CHARACTER TO KEEP YOURSELF PURE, cant be bought in the open market.

Good one, make sure you keep yourself pure cos that can only guarantee you success in marriage, it cannot be bought in the open market.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by kevoh(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
seunayantokun:
Nobody is saying virginity alone guarantees but it is a key virtue that can significantly contribute to it. The problem now is those people whose conscience is hammering now for their promiscuous life are like since we don't have it, you won't be happy for having it.
I politely disagree. It's not that significant! Any contribution it has ends the day the marriage is consummated. There are even virginity capsules that can be used to deceive the husband and other tricks women can use.

Let's even ignore the virginity frauds for a second, how does virginity 'contribute significantly' to a successful marriage when the husband loses his job in this Buhari's era? What role does virginity play in housekeeping or managing the excesses of your troublesome in-laws?

The fact that a woman can even use trickery to easily fool a man that she's a virgin even makes virginity more irrelevant to the success of a marriage!

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
Crystyano:

As I dey like this

I no send

Dey repeat am till you die

You lie. You send and that's why you wanted me to notice you. You have gotten it.

Die peacefully now. Ap€.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by derecho(m): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2021
The thief analogy is to further explain the place of wisdom over capability or strength. You alluded to weakness and incapability of the OP to handle any lady with plenty body counts is why he needs a virgin.

Like I have always maintained, virginity is not the only thing needed for a successful marriage But it's good Not because of any religious inclination...
It's about wisdom.

It's just like saying you would prefer a fairly used phone to a new one if both are offered at same price.
I honestly don't believe any sane man would opt for a non-virgin if the virgin possesses all the qualities as the non-virgin.

All I'm saying is let's not act as if it doesn't matter.
A man may say it doesn't matter for any reason but deep in his heart, he prefers a virgin.

lawkenoz:

My brother all you said is also true, but remember not everyone shares your religious belief system, that a woman is not a virgin doesn't also make her a prostitute.

Does virginity matter in marriage? The answer is dependent on what people value. If it's what you value for your marriage above all else then yes! Some men don't attach value to it, they will look at compatibility of both virgin and non virgin women in terms of what they have to offer and bring to the table. Only when that criteria evens out between both women will virginity be the deal breaker. If the non virgin woman exceeds the other in all other criteria any sensible man will pick that option and vice versa without recourse to who is a virgin or not.

Unless your trying to say all non virgins who married cheat on thier spouses then I don't know what to tell you. Comparison of a thief and a non virgin woman just doesn't cut it. No married woman will remain a virgin, there's no guarantee that you marry a virgin and she won't cheat tomorrow, women's minds work differently from men.

So if it's about the OPs statement, virginity isn't the sole determinant of a successful marriage. There are marriages where women married as virgin turn olosho.... isn't that a conclusive answer to the question?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by preciouschiomy: 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
Obaxxx:
lipsrsealed
I don't know about una,but as for me, virginity na one major recipe that must be added to marriage..It may not be as important as to prove a point of her decency but you see that HYMEN,if I no see am,I no go ever respect that banny undecided

Are you not selfish? You are a human being too. Ask yourself. Are you a virgin? Are you very rich? What gives you the right to want to marry a virgin when you are not one. Please use this your energy to work on yourself first before looking for a perfect wife. Please go and hustle and stop looking for a perfect woman when you have got nothing to offer in return.

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by TenQ: 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
brodalikeme:
I disagree with you absolutely! The virtue of being a virgin as lofty as it is alone, cannot guarantee a successful marriage.

Brand new tyres alone does not make an efficient vehicle.
Clean cups doesn’t make great drinks.
There are so many important tiny components that makes a good woman/wife.
Therefore, the higher a girl's body count, the higher her chances of having a good marriage.

Does this make sense to you?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
koyyes:

You lie. You send and that's why you wanted me to notice you. You have gotten it.

Die peacefully now. Ap€.

Dey repeat am dey go

No be only notice

Na note hiss
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by TenQ: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
chival:
Virginity is a virtue no doubt and young ladies should strive to go to their marriage beds with their virginity still intact. However, the truth is that virginity alone will not guarantee a successful marriage. I have been married for almost 13 years and I know marriage takes a lot of work and sacrifice on BOTH sides.
Does being a non virgin guarantee a good marriage?

If not, your point is not good!
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by edoairways: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

Are you a dirty dress or a clean dress? Are you a brand new electronic gadget or fairly used?
It is illustration used to drive a point. Well it is expected from those who had lost their virginity hence your response isn't new.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by seunayantokun(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
kevoh:

I politely disagree. It's not that significant! Any contribution it has ends the day the marriage is consummated. There are even virginity capsules that can be used to deceive the husband and other tricks women can use.

Let's even ignore the virginity frauds for a second, how does virginity 'contribute significantly' to a successful marriage when the husband loses his job in this Buhari's era? What role does virginity play in housekeeping or managing the excesses of your troublesome in-laws?

You can see how happy and wonderful you all are for being loose. It brings you lots and lots of happiness. The plantain is getting rotten but you say is getting ripe. What you are doing is simply 'pull them down because we are down'.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) / Divorce-Seeking Wife Recounts How She Caught Her Cheating Husband With A Lady. / Is It Wrong For A Woman To Initiate Conjugal Act In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.