Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,813 members, 7,837,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

video people speaking ika, which different from igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / video people speaking ika, which different from igbo (3665 Views)

Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Polling Unit At Ika North-East / Elders From Igbo Speaking Part Of Edo State(igbanke) Storm KANU Father's Burial / Amnesty Int'l Nig Asks Buhari To Stop Prosecuting People Speaking Against Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2021
Igbos still import through lagos and transport their goods through Ika land.Despite having river Niger.....

Big for nothing population....

And for the Idiot claiming he will invade Ikas.Last last na suicide bombing in eastern populated cities like onitsha go solve una madness if una try rubbish.In this modern time everyone don open eye.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by BKayy: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Yet your people are running to our land like refuges.Una nor dey shame?

Yet the revenue from onshore oil wells in ikaland is shared to the entire countries including Igbo state.

Poor Igbos come to our land to do manual labor.But Ika man nor dey go east to do manual laboring jobs.God bless us well well.

With you high population you guys can not even pust to have a river port in onitsha.You guys should be ashame....
Coming from someone hiding in the rural part of Nsukka.
You can't even afford Nsukka township, Enugu city, Oba, Nnewi, Obosi, Nkpor, Onitsha or Owerri.

As for port. We already have the port facilities in Onitsha. What is remaining is dredging (something we want will do within 3 months after getting Biafra)

As for the industrial city to compensate it, Harbour Industrial Estate of Ogbaru is waiting with open hands

https://www.nairaland.com/6750178/biggest-industrial-estate-southeast-located

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2021
BKayy:

Okowa is not from the same confused faction as you.
He is from the reasonable faction of Dorathy (big breast of BBNaija) and DMerciful that you argued with.

But sincerely, I don't care about any of you.
To me all of you should come an understanding, send emissaries to go and learn Bini language and culture, come back and teach you lots so that you can strip yourselves of Igboness.

U nor well Dorathy when Ika people finish for twitter for claiming Igbo Identity just to win mere bbnaija.

Dmerciful is an impostor.

OKowa Just dey use una head play politics.Make Igbos Igbos do anything stupid to Ikas and see the real Okowa.......

Don't mistake his political games for Igbo Identity.He is an Ika man and one of the people who support anything Ika with all his power.......You think he will drop his Ika Identity for Igbo Identity? Think well again....

Among all Ika elites,Okowa is the one who take anything Ika serious the most.

Okowa and dorathy are from different clans.Okowa is from my clan........
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by ejanla077: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Poiu11:
she spoke english. that why you understand. i understand what she said.. it is different from igbo.. o ma ra what i am saying.
Only you said you understand wat she said.. Only you said you don't understand wat she said..

Poiu11:
it is not a dialet of igbo.... they dont understand igbo.. my friend is ika.. he does not know how to speak igbo. i understand igbo. i did not know what the ika lady was saying. i am yoruba. who understand igbo. dont be shock
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2021
BKayy:

You can't even afford Nsukka township, Enugu city, Oba, Nnewi, Obosi, Nkpor, Onitsha or Owerri.

As for port. We already have the port facilities in Onitsha. What is remaining is dredging (something we want will do within 3 months after getting Biafra)

As for the industrial city to compensate it, Harbour Industrial Estate of Ogbaru is waiting with open hands

U be mumu,nor be location of the school ?
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:04am On Oct 03, 2021
grin
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by BKayy: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

U nor well Dorathy when Ika people finish for twitter for claiming Igbo Identity just to win mere bbnaija.

Dmerciful is an impostor.

OKowa Just dey use una head play politics.Make Igbos Igbos do anything stupid to Ikas and see the real Okowa.......

Don't mistake his political games for Igbo Identity.He is an Ika man and one of the people who support anything Ika with all his power.......You think he will drop his Ika Identity for Igbo Identity? Think well again....

Among all Ika elites,Okowa is the one who take anything Ika serious the most.

Okowa and dorathy are from different clans.Okowa is from my clan........

According to your confused brain.
Big breast Dorathy that we know is claiming Igbo identity to win BBNaija?
Lol, you forgot it is a reality show.
Answer me this question:

Why didn't Boma claim Ijaw identity to win?
Why did he make it clear of Kalabari ethnicity?

The same can be said about Okowa.
Why did Ọhaneze denouce Irabor in Public but can't do the same for Okowa.
If you know Ọhaneze, you'll remember the convention of Asaba when they resolved that the next governor of Delta must be Igbo. And Okowa (not Irabor or Osas) came

2 Likes

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2021
BKayy:

I don't really like the east for many reason and one of them is that Igbos are develish,wicked,cunny.....

1 Like

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2021
BKayy:

Answer me this question:

If you know Ọhaneze, you'll remember the convention of Asaba when they resolved that the next governor of Delta must be Igbo. And Okowa (not Irabor or Osas) came

Look,there was a rotational agreement and It was the time for ANIOMA or say Delta north to produce governor.Okowa happened to be the most selling candidate in the zone,it is not a matter of being Igbo or not.......
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:12am On Oct 03, 2021
BKayy:

Answer me this question:

U Igbos are just wasting your time,Gen Irabor tell you say im na Igbo?

This is how ameachi or wike will claim to be Igbo again to get Igbo vote,everyone know Igbos are too emotional in everything.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by KosiGee(m): 10:15am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Impostor Dey deceive yourself.....I already told you the reason which I know you don't know.

If we mistakenly eat monkey,the person will vomit blood and be sick until they go go do some rituals to stop him go dieing.It happened to my father brother wey unkownling go eat monkey meat.He vomit blood until them go do some rite for am .The juju to strong.

If you deliberately eat monkey meat na straight death for the person.

Even Agbpr people nor dey eat monkey.An agbor guy go use strong head eat monkey deliberately,and their juju pump water put for him body.The boy bacame fat and them come use motor carry go Dein palace,dein use hand pack sand from his shrine put for the guy body before the guy started urinating out the thing out of his body....

What’s all this rubbish about monkeys. How old are you?
Does it mean if the so called man wasn’t saved’ by monkeys, you people will be eating that animal? What kind of people eat monkeys?? I wouldn’t eat monkey knowingly or even if offered money. I won’t eat snakes, pythons and that’s not because of any superstitious beliefs, I won’t eat dogs, cats, tortoise or even most Bush meats sold by the road side.

This thread was started by a non Igbo poster and people responded that they understood most of what was said in the video. I doubt anyone really care what Ika people choose to call themselves but saying that what’s there isn’t a dialect of Igbo language is silly.

How come they speak what’s understandable to Igbo speakers and not to Benin people. I want to be educated. No Igbo man here is claiming ika.
I want to be educated on the language that you speak which native Igbo speakers can relate to not why you don’t eat monkeys, baboons and chimpanzees.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2021
Ndoni was part of western region,Ndoni people are Ndokwa(Ndoshimilli + Ukwuani=Ndokwa) ethinicity before there were carved into present day rivers.

Peter Odili played this same game of droping his real Identity and claim Igbo.Igbos of southeast run go vote for am.

Now the Ikwerre mafians(Ameachi,Wike) learnt it from their boss Ndoni mafia(Odili).

Ameachi have renew the format again,so that he can become president with vote from Igbos.

Wike will still use rhe old format to install another Ikwerre as governor of Rivers.

Igbos una mumu never do una.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by SlayerForever: 10:24am On Oct 03, 2021
BKayy:

I believe I've posted the receipts here one time like that.
It will take me time to find it but I will upload it to you when I do

Another exposé grin grin grin

Ika may be up next after Ijaw. Ika are you ready grin grin grin
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:25am On Oct 03, 2021
Homeboiy:
Rubbish

Not all Enugu people will understand me well when I speak Nsukka dialect
slayerforever you dey here? lol
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:26am On Oct 03, 2021
kcnwaigbo:
Even in the SE, it will not be easy for someone from Anambra to pick up the language of someone from afikpo in Ebonyi nor Nsukka in Enugu State, one can't come out and say there are not Igbos because of that
slayerforever afa na? abi u wan still lie again?
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by KosiGee(m): 10:28am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

U Igbos are just wasting your time,Gen Irabor tell you say im na Igbo?

This is how ameachi or wike will claim to be Igbo again to get Igbo vote,everyone know Igbos are too emotional in everything.

Igbos are too emotional?? What’s that coming from?
Igbos embrace brotherhood. Igbos are friendly and have no reason to fight or hate people who openly embrace the Igbo tradition. We believe in ‘Nwanne di na Mba’. We are also proud people.

No real Igbo son or daughter would deny his/her Igbo identity. That’s sacrilege. Those other people who claim to be Igbo for political reasons are vermins, untrustworthy and fools. They are chameleons. Anyone who deny his true identity is fake. A true Igbo son knows his worth. You can’t buy that with any amount of money.
If you claim that Amaechi, Wike or Okowa denied their true identities and embraced Igbo for political and selfish reasons, what does that tell you about such people??

We know our worth. Igbo spirit is strong, highly resilient, unyielding and enduring.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:30am On Oct 03, 2021
NakwansaPolice:
I can't even understand Ebonyi dialect unless if I pay 100% attention I may be able to grab few words and know where the discussion is heading to.

as for nsukka I understand like 70%

even my state Anambra, towns like Anam Omor, anaku has a bit difficult igbo language
but in all we communicate
igbo na asu n'onu
slayerforever will never said this truth....
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2021
KosiGee:

What’s all this rubbish about monkeys. How old are you?
Does it mean if the so called man wasn’t saved’ by monkeys, you people will be eating that animal? What kind of people eat monkeys?? I wouldn’t eat monkey knowingly or even if offered money. I won’t eat snakes, pythons and that’s not because of any superstitious beliefs, I won’t eat dogs, cats, tortoise or even most Bush meats sold by the road side.

This thread was started by a non Igbo poster and people responded that they understood most of what was said in the video. I doubt anyone really care what Ika people choose to call themselves but saying that what’s there isn’t a dialect of Igbo language is silly.

How come they speak what’s understandable to Igbo speakers and not to Benin people. I want to be educated. No Igbo man here is claiming ika.
I want to be educated on the language that you speak which native Igbo speakers can relate to not why you don’t eat monkeys, baboons and chimpanzees.

This your questions many.Make I start answering from somewhere.

We eat snakes(python),tortise and some clans like Idumesah(my mom clan)eat dog openly without any consideration for any juju.

But in Owa clan(my dad side) we don't eat dog except we use it for juju.Like during initiation ceremony of new native doctors or may be you offered the blood of the dog to your own juju e.g "OGUN"..

We don't eat cat.But in edo state Etsako people(apostle suleiman tribe) eat cat.

That monkey of a thing is very serious,he done kill many of our people wey use strong mind try am.The juju forbid us from eating it,because of the good monkey did for our ancestor.

What is affecting us today is that many people no longer speak the real Ika again.Igbos will hardly understand that.

Go to Igbodo clan,their closeness to Aniocha people now make some of them to speak an enuani language,but majority still speak their real Ika language.

Go to Ekpon clan,many now speak esan and Ika.

In Igbanke clan.Small minority speak benin.

Other language dey encroach on our language.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Malawian(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Yes I am fulani.

But why are you guys so interested in these nonsense argument?

For your info I am a full blooded Ika from Owa clan(owa-oyibu) community.Even okowa is my brother from the same clan....
What is that your old moniker sef? I remember you even down to your days at Nigeriabestforum.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:39am On Oct 03, 2021
KosiGee:

Igbos are too emotional?? What’s that coming from?
Igbos embrace brotherhood. Igbos are friendly and have no reason to fight or hate people who openly embrace the Igbo tradition. We believe in ‘Nwanne di na Mba’. We are also proud people.

No real Igbo son or daughter would deny his/her Igbo identity. That’s sacrilege. Those other people who claim to be Igbo for political reasons are vermins, untrustworthy and fools. They are chameleons. Anyone who deny his true identity is fake. A true Igbo son knows his worth. You can’t buy that with any amount of money.
If you claim that Amaechi, Wike or Okowa deny their true identities and embrace Igbo for political reasons, what does that tell you about such people??

We know our worth. Igbo spirit strong, resilient and enduring.

Look this politicians understand that you guys,will be happy and only support them when they do so.Igbos should stop lookung for who is Igbo or not,If you want to support anyone do it because you see potential in them or because you they made an agreement or Aliance with Igbos.

If you guys continue like this,this cunny politician will continue playing games with Igbos while their people laugh at Igbos.

1 Like

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Malawian(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2021
Bendeco02:

Ignore that mumu na... Can't u see his username; SufferingBoy

He is born to be confuse slave and suffer
He is actually an old handle on this forum. I am trying to remember his original username here.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2021
Malawian:

What is that your old moniker sef? I remember you even down to your days at Nigeriabestforum.

I am not in that forum you measured.This is my monicker,maybe you mistook me for another person.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Malawian(m): 10:42am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

I am not in that forum you measured.This is my monicker,maybe you mistook me for another person.
Ode, swear you are not Agbotean? He is one of those Bini Migrants to Ika Land.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2021
Malawian:

He is actually an old handle on this forum. I am trying to remember his original username here.

Wrong,maybe you are confusing me with another person.Offcourse they were other Ika people before me on this forum,they will still be others after I leave this forum.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:45am On Oct 03, 2021
Malawian:

Ode, swear you are not Agbotean? He is one of those Bini Migrants to Ika Land.

If am the Agbontean monicker,make my dad ogun kill me,If I am not then make the Ogun kill you.My dad Ogun is still active.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by KosiGee(m): 10:46am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

This your questions many.Make I start answering from somewhere.

We eat snakes(python),tortise and some clans like Idumesah(my mom clan)eat dog openly without any consideration for any juju.

But in Owa clan(my dad side) we don't eat dog except we use it for juju.Like during initiation ceremony of new native doctors or may be you offered the blood of the dog to your own juju e.g "OGUN"..

We don't eat cat.But in edo state Etsako people(apostle suleiman tribe) eat cat.

That monkey of a thing is very serious,he done kill many of our people wey use strong mind try am.The juju forbid us from eating it,because of the good monkey did for our ancestor.

What is affecting us today is that many people no longer speak the real Ika again.Igbos will hardly understand that.

Go to Igbodo clan,their closeness to Aniocha people now make some of them to speak an enuani language,but majority still speak their real Ika language.

Go to Ekpon clan,many now speak esan and Ika.

In Igbanke clan.Small minority speak benin.

Other language dey encroach on our language.

I wasn’t talking or interested in your tastes for exotic animals and cravings for endangered species.

I want to know why an Igbo man would understand most of what was said in that video while a Benin man wouldn’t….you mentioned the erosion of ika language…why has Igbo version of ika dominated or endured compared to other versions?
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by YourRealFather: 10:51am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:
Make I go buy data,I need to put this Dmerciful where he belong.Shameful impostor.

I am not saying there is no Igbo blood among us.Both majority and our early ancestors came from benin.

There are evidents and proves for all this.

The current Obi of Igbodo was not allowed to marry an Igbo woman from Ebonyi before anscending the throne.

He was force to divorce her and given two option.

1.Marry an Ika woman from any clan .
2.Marry a benin woman.

An Igbo woman can not be mother of any crown prince or king in Ikaland,we don't allow that.
Liar mohamed

Igbodo people never gave an option for a benin queen,
They rejected the ebonyi woman and made a request for a queen from their community, which is in line with the custom of igbodo kingdom,
According to the tradition a serving monarch can only Raise an heir apparent from a woman married from the igbodo kingdom.
And this tradition is also practiced in some parts of this country,
They never requested for any benin woman,
You just carry itshekiri story come dump for here, you think say na children you dey tell, you forgot that this is a public forum you don't know who is reading,
Stop lying just to make a point is not healthy, this forum is to enlighten and educate not to deceive people,
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2021
KosiGee:

I wasn’t talking or interested in your tastes for exotic animals and cravings for endangered species.

I want to know why an Igbo man would understand most of what was said in that video while a Benin man wouldn’t….you mentioned the erosion of ika language…why has Igbo version of ika dominated or endured compared to other versions?

There is no Igbo version,but replacement of ancient word with igbo words.This ANIOMA UNION of a thing also contributed to it,because then Oshimilli were the one who pionered it.

Another thing is that Igbo language is more popular and has more speakers so it can easily crush our language.Even some old missionery church used Igbo in Ika land and now it is affecting us.

Also since delta state was created was created,asaba was made capital many of our people ran to asaba for economic reasons and today they name their children Igbo names.

In these recent time,let say since the end of biafra war,many Igbos from southeast came to Ikaland to earn a living and they also brought their language.

So many factors caused all these.That is why I am saying it that my people should stop accepting strangers in Ikaland.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2021
YourRealFather:

Liar mohamed

Igbodo people never gave an option for a benin queen,
They rejected the ebonyi woman and made a request for a queen from their community, which is in line with the custom of igbodo kingdom,
According to the tradition a serving monarch can only Raise an heir apparent from a woman married from the igbodo kingdom.
And this tradition is also practiced in some parts of this country,
They never requested for any benin woman,
You just carry itshekiri story come dump for here, you think say na children you dey tell, you forgot that this is a public forum you don't know who is reading,
Stop lying just to make a point is not healthy, this forum is to enlighten and educate not to deceive people,

I nor go follow you argue this issue.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by YourRealFather: 11:06am On Oct 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

I nor go follow you argue this issue.
You don't need to
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2021
YourRealFather:

You don't need to

I am tired of all this uncessary argument...
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Pass11: 11:22am On Oct 03, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
slayerforever you dey here? lol

You are shameless Ijaw man grin
This is nsukka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhGt2V9yFw

This is Abakaliki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5pH14NHHg

This is opobo kingdom you claim as ijaw grin cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22f9HXmw7Y

Asaba
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ii55S08ZC4

Your Ijaw languagehttps://youtu.be/1l1I9a8ZFP0 but you claim opobo kingdom as ijaw grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wakili Isikilu Unchained: This Is Not A Drill.. I Repeat, This Is Not A Drill... / Advice To Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Open Letter) / Airport Traffic: Abuja Overtakes Lagos since 2019 (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.