Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

video people speaking ika, which different from igbo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / video people speaking ika, which different from igbo (3626 Views)

Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Polling Unit At Ika North-East / Elders From Igbo Speaking Part Of Edo State(igbanke) Storm KANU Father's Burial / Amnesty Int'l Nig Asks Buhari To Stop Prosecuting People Speaking Against Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by IduNaOba: 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
Understanding him did not even stress me one bit cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:00am On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:

Mehn you're vomiting thrash. I understand all Ebonyi dialects to various degree. In the Kalabari and Izon case there is little or no intelligibility. i.e they are different languages. I know it's hard but try and get it.
shut up....you liar...you understand no single ebonyi language........
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by SlayerForever: 7:01am On Oct 04, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
shut up....you liar...you understand no single ebonyi language........

Lol
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by oyatz(m): 10:47am On Oct 04, 2021
DMerciful:
Rubbish history! You're attaching yourself to people who has less than 2% language similarities.

Do proper research so you know your roots.
Me impostor? You know of Ute-Owerri right?

These didn't answer the questions he raised about the monkey and the taboo of not eating monkey in his town.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by oyatz(m): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2021
DMerciful:
You have not stated how the Ika language came to be 80% Igbo and you've not also stated where the man that founded Ika came from. All these relationships with Benin you mentioned is due to proximity

Ika language is not 80% Igbo rather ,igbo language share some similarities with Ika language which become very strong as you move eastwards because we all speak a language continum.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by oyatz(m): 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Oga leave username let us discuss.That guy na your fellow Igbo man.

They seems to be annoyed because of the history of your town you just stated
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Igboid: 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:

Sir how can you understand everything sad

Because he is very versatile in Imo dialects.
Ika incorporates many Imo dialectical nuances.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Igboid: 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
oyatz:

Ika language is not 80% Igbo rather ,igbo language share some similarities with Ika language which become very strong as you move eastwards because we all speak a language continum.
Igbo and Edo is not a dialect Continuum.
Ika is a dialect of Igbo language.
There is no buts or ifs here.
Whether Ika identify as Igbo is a different topic.

3 Likes

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Taba21: 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
Corporate2020:
Lazy youth, go and find work. Ika kee you there. Unity of all Southerners, that's what we are working towards, bit your useless language division.

Or do you think an Ijebu man understands Ekiti or Ijesha or Akoko or Egba or Awori language? Yet, there is only one Yoruba race. There is power in Unity.

Unity of all southerners kill you there.

Igbo Man you're on your own the earlier you realize the better for you
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by SlayerForever: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Because he is very versatile in Imo dialects.
Ika incorporates many Imo dialectical nuances.

Unless that o lipsrsealed
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Sufferingboy(f): 3:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
oyatz:

They seems to be annoyed because of the history of your town you just stated

That is the Igbo man for you.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by RobbStark(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
Pass11:

You are shameless Ijaw man grin
This is nsukka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhGt2V9yFw

This is Abakaliki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5pH14NHHg

This is opobo kingdom you claim as ijaw grin cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22f9HXmw7Y

Asaba
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ii55S08ZC4

Your Ijaw languagehttps://youtu.be/1l1I9a8ZFP0 but you claim opobo kingdom as ijaw grin cheesy

Olodo, what has war canoe houses got to do with Ibo.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by IkpuMmadu: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
Poiu11:
she spoke english. that why you understand. i understand what she said.. it is different from igbo.. o ma ra what i am saying.
i understand almoat all the things spoken

trust me
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by oyatz(m): 12:27am On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

Igbo and Edo is not a dialect Continuum.
Ika is a dialect of Igbo language.
There is no buts or ifs here.
Whether Ika identify as Igbo is a different topic.

Tribalists , unlike linguistists always like to assert the supremacy of one language over the other with any critical and objective reason.

It's always problematic when tribalists try to make linguistic inferences.

1) Languages hardly exist in isolation.
Languages tend to be similar to other languages spoken around each other.

2) Ika is a language on it's own with many different dialects.

3) Ika Language is similar to igbo in the same ways that Igbo language is also similar to Ika Language.

Many Igbo arrogantly express the views that Ika , Ikwerres and other neighbouring tribes speak languages borrowed from Igbo languages but fail to think that these tribes actually speak their own languages which coincidentally is similar (to varying degrees) to Igbo language.
Some less educated and unexposed igbos often amuse me when they arrogantly ask Ika , Ikwerres and others to stop speaking igbo language and form their own languages.

4) No language is superior to another and no language is more original than another.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Igboid: 12:29am On Oct 05, 2021
oyatz:

Tribalists , unlike linguistists always like to assert the supremacy of one language over the other with any critical and objective reason.

It's always problematic when tribalists try to make linguistic inferences.

1) Languages hardly exist in isolation.
Languages tend to be similar to other languages spoken around each other.

2) Ika is a language on it's own with many different dialects.

3) Ika Language is similar to igbo in the same ways that Igbo language is also similar to Ika Language.

Many Igbo arrogantly express the views that Ika , Ikwerres and other neighbouring tribes speak languages borrowed from Igbo languages but fail to think that these tribes actually speak their own languages which coincidentally is similar (to varying degrees) to Igbo language.
Some less educated and unexposed igbos often amuse me when they arrogantly ask Ika , Ikwerres and others to stop speaking igbo language and form their own languages.

4) No language is superior to another and no language is more original than another.

IKa is a dialect of Igbo.
You can jump into the ocean if you want.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Poiu11: 12:32am On Oct 05, 2021
ika is not a dialet of igbo... igbos dont understand ika, ika is on is own
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by oyatz(m): 12:32am On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

IKa is a dialect of Igbo.
You can jump into the ocean if you want.

Linguistic classifications of languages is beyond your level of education, exposure and intelligence.
Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Igboid: 12:37am On Oct 05, 2021
oyatz:

Linguistic classifications of languages is beyond your level of education, exposure and intelligence.

IKa is an Igbo dialect.
Go jump into the Atlantic bro if you are hurt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: video people speaking ika, which different from igbo by Omahjasper(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
Poiu11:
it is not a dialet of igbo.... they dont understand igbo.. my friend is ika.. he does not know how to speak igbo. i understand igbo. i did not know what the ika lady was saying. i am yoruba. who understand igbo. dont be shock
i can pretend not speaking Igbo whereas I can sell u with igbo language, Last time i watched IKA MOVIE i understand 97% of what their are saying, if Ika man or woman can speak Igbo dialect why rejecting being Igbo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Cannot Pull This Crowd Ijelespeaks Pulled - PHOTOS / This Is Ozubulu, Anambra State Nigeria. / Ogun International Cargo Airport Taking Shape (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.