Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? (10247 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by justking(m): 10:52am On Oct 03, 2021
No
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Lamasta(m): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

Did you answer the question?
This is how you GUYs fail exam questions despite clearly stated instructions
My last statement answers his question bro
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by cmecproblem(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2021
It is possible if the person loses the presence of the Holy Ghost because of sin.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2021
Is not possible. Two captain can't be in a bolt. A christian can be obsessed but not possessed.

To possessed means to OWN. meaning when you give your life to Christ God has taking over you. He's a jealous God and will not share His glory with any demon

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by alBHAGDADI: 11:42am On Oct 03, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

As a born again Christian, remember u still have to yield or submit urself to the things of God.

The Bible says to whom u yield urself to obey , his servant shall ye be either to God or to the flesh.

The influence of the holy spirit reduces once a Christian starts sinning nd can easily stop hearing from God, so he can easily be possessed of the devil.

Yes we are the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, but 1 John 3 Vs 7 says Do not be deceived, he that do Righteousness is Righteous even as God is Righteous.

Once a Christian is not forever a Christian, u must work out ur own salvation.

Jesus told a parable of someone possessed of a devil nd delivered, he said the devil goes nd come back to check if d place is empty nd if found empty, the devil will bring 7 more stronger demons than him to occupy the place.

The last part of your third paragraph has to be backed with the Bible otherwise it is garbage.

You will never find any verse to support it because it is a fragment of your own imagination, not what the Bible says.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Image123(m): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2021
Manipulated yes, possessed no.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Bastard1stborn: 11:55am On Oct 03, 2021
Kingrefreshed:

Are you a christian?

Yes
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Stanleyq: 11:59am On Oct 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Being BORN AGAIN has a meaning so it's important to know what it entails before we can adequately answer the question you raised. So if you will like me to explain what the term BORN AGAIN means first then you and i can figure out if a REAL BORN AGAIN can be possessed by a demon.
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
JW ARE NOT CHRISTIANS
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by bitbillionaire: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
Let's put the question in another way: is it possible for somebody to be born again without being baptized with the Holy Spirit? The answer is NO, unless it's fake 'born again'.

Now another question is: is it possible for someone who has the Holy Spirit already in him to be possessed by demons? That is unthinkable! And of course, the answer is NO.

It's possible for a real born again Christian to be influenced to some extent by demons. But being possessed is a different thing entirely
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Tobechuckwu(m): 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

The last part of your third paragraph has to be backed with the Bible otherwise it is garbage.

You will never find any verse to support it because it is a fragment of your own imagination, not what the Bible says.

If I may ask please which part?

Shall we sin or continue in sin nd expect grace to abound?
God forbid.

Sin can open the door for the devil bcuz once born again is not forever born again.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Iseoluwani: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
greencard:
Is it possible for a Christian who is born again to get possessed by demon?

No a Christian can not be possessed

We have three levels of demon operation
Subjection
Obessession
Possession

Possession is the last stage where by someone is possessed. For any man to be possessed, the person must have denied Christ.
Hebrew 6:4-6

Hebrews | HEBERU

English
6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

English
6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

English
6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

When a Christian who has the understanding of things in that passage such a person becomes possessed and ceases to be a Christian.

Read more on triumphant Church
Kenneth Hagin

Thanks
bitbillionaire

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Iseoluwani: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
bitbillionaire:
Let's put the question on another way: is it possible for somebody to be born again without being baptized by the Holy Spirit? The answer is NO, unless it's fake 'born again'.

Now another question is: is it possible for someone who has the Holy Spirit already in him to be possessed by demons? That is unthinkable! And of course, the answer is NO.

It's possible for a real born again Christian to be influenced to some extent by demons. But being possessed is a different thing entirely

I love you.
Same have written up there
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Nnamaka1: 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
greencard:

No a Born again Christian can't be possessed by a demon. You belong to God through Christ.
But a Born again Christian life can be demonize meaning certain part of their life is being afflicted by demons.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by bitbillionaire: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
Perfect.

Iseoluwani:

No a Christian can not be possessed

We have three levels of demon operation
Subjection
Obessession
Possession

Possession is the last stage where by someone is possessed. For any man to be possessed, the person must have denied Christ.
Hebrew 6:4-6

Hebrews | HEBERU

English
6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

English
6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

English
6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

When a Christian who has the understanding of things in that passage such a person becomes possessed and ceases to be a Christian.

Read more on triumphant Church
Kenneth Hagin

Thanks
bitbillionaire

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by KudozInteriors(m): 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
It's not possible sir. When you're born again, God resides in your spirit. How do you expect another spirit to co-habit your spirit space with God? It's not possible. You're already one spirit with him.
You can only be oppressed by demons and not possessed by demons if you are born again.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by bitbillionaire: 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
Thanks.

Iseoluwani:

I love you.
Same have written up there
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Noblewealth(m): 1:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
Big Yes, if there is a lope hole or ladder which cryptic demons can hide... Being born again doesn't guarantee you heaven but being a God deciples who die everyday just like what Paul said.. We have many born against today which their lives are still full of hiding sins..
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by OBA117(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2021
The answer is capital NO....possession means ownership, the devil cannot own you.....but the devil can take advantage of any loophole(weaknesses) in any Believer's life e.g pride, anger, grudge, unforgiveness etc

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2021
They say fornication is also a demonic spirit.
I think I'm possessed by that one.

But the God I serve is a merciful God and He forgives my sins.

Thank u, father.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by ronyman(m): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
No... The problem here is that people don't know the difference between repentance and being born again. The repented man if he doesn't guard the seed in him well can be possessed. Infact every one who is not born again is possessed. Why do we keep malice, and hate, lust and other things it's cos we possess the structures of the devil in us. That will now be rooted out when the spirit of God (Ruakh) comes alive in our spirit man..
greencard:

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by baby124: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
Get mental help. Forget the demon talk
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Sleekfingers: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
greencard:

No single born again Nigeria....cuz those claiming to be again are already possessed with stupidity and demon of lies
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by TjoBATHONG(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
There's no such thing as demons
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
YES
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Abascoh: 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
peggywebbs:
Yes it is very possible. You have to understand why people get possessed by spirits in the first place. I think sin is what leaves you open for evil spirits. Being born again does not make you sinless. I think we all sin and that is why we should every now and then cleanse our hearts. Ask for forgiveness and even sometimes do personal deliverance to keep ourselves clean so evil does not find a way.

You are talking nonsense, Christ and demons can't dwell in the same person. People like you make these evil spirits seem all powerful. Them never born that evil spirit that will come and possess a person in whom Christ lives.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Sunnydoo: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2021
No and No.

The Born again is a spiritual birth. Which happens only to the spirit of a man. Therefore, the born again cannot be possessed. The Spirit of God has taken over his spirit.

However, his soul and body can experience, maybe, obsession, oppression, depression, affliction, and suppression.

But the unborn again, will easily experience all including possession.

Finally, let live and sin no more as born again so we won't experience the however's.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Abascoh: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ibkhaleel01:
Shameless people...

No wonder ....it is your nature

Nigeria Christians are more Pentecostal. The more Pentecostal a nation is by population, the more hate spreads. The thriving wheel of Pentecostal churches are three:

1. Miracles
2. Gospel of hate
3. False cry of persecutions.
Yes, that's why majority of the countries breeding terrorists and troubling the world are majority muslim countries. The same religion of piss and shit that is responsible for a big part of the mess happening in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Danniedpastor(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
peggywebbs:
Yes it is very possible. You have to understand why people get possessed by spirits in the first place. I think sin is what leaves you open for evil spirits. Being born again does not make you sinless. I think we all sin and that is why we should every now and then cleanse our hearts. Ask for forgiveness and even sometimes do personal deliverance to keep ourselves clean so evil does not find a way.

Oga, that's not true.
The moment you become born again you receive the spirit of God ( spirit within). The Holy Spirit and a demon can't dwell in the same body.
If you want to talk about"backsliding". That's a topic for another day.

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Nothingserious: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
greencard:

Tough question.

Personally I think an evil spirit cannot live in a child of God and take charge of their lives.

Rather I think that demons can hurt, attack and try to frustrate a child of God and may even succeed in doing that.

My personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by godliman: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
I think the question should be reframed like this, can a born again Christian who is living consistently in Holiness be possessed? The answer I think is no. But yes if he is not consistently walking with God

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Qurungu: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
greencard:

No where in the Bible is there a suggestion that a born again person can be possessed by a demon.

However, the Bible records that a born again person can be demonized.

Simon the sorcerer became born again but was still demonized. There are other examples.

In essence, a born again person can behave like a person who belongs to the devil because they allow the devil influence them. It doesn’t take away their salvation, but it does cut them short and makes them unuseful to themselves and to the body of Christ.

These will likely be the examples of people who make it into heaven naked with no reward.

greencard:

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? by Calitoscassius(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
Total crap! Where does the demon live? I would like to meet her, i hope she has big breasts, big ass and clean vagina. grin

Does anyone have the Demon's phone number? please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Prays Against Those Buying Arms And Sponsoring Killings / CONFIRMED: Biblical Queen Sheba Died And Buried In Nigeria (PHOTOS) / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.