Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment (30438 Views)

Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? / Queries About Tinted Car Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Systrom(m): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
Visit central motor registry of NPF to
Inquire
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by oguash: 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
You don't need a tinted permit for factory fitted glasses. Just Google it, it's on the major papers where IG gave the order..print out the IG page and attach same to your documents. Thank me later

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by JamesMaddison: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
This is serious, we shall be well.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by finalboss(m): 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thalamus:

The bolded is sadly the mentality of most Nigerians, Not for me thou. Not when i have all documents intact, i'm not the cause of them being underpaid abeg neither is it me that sent them to go join police, as long as i'm polite and not rude, the worst they can do is delay me.
grin e go shock you
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by afamaustin(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
If is factory fitted tinted,the will issue u tinted permit.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Terrence99: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
ospreywin:

For where?

I got mine recently. They still give wella.

Seen your second post, you're correct. I got mine via the medical report route.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by yoged(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
ospreywin:

You can't get a tinted permit for now until the suspension has been lifted, you can alternatively get a medical report for factory fitted tint and you're good to go. Don't get a backdated one na.... tongue
I had to even remove my own ,cox they were requesting for medical report. I don't like stress
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Onbami(m): 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hello,

I bought an Suv in July 2021 with Factory tinted glasses and as at time of purchase no tinted permit is allowed.. I travelled with it last week to Edo state and I got to so many checking points which they asked and I asked back if they check the date on the papers which they said yes and I responded that they should be aware that no tinted permit is available as at this time till now...

I was offered before travelling to get the backdated one but for me it's forgery and thank God I did not because someone was arrested for the forgery at one of the checking points. The policeman just told him instead he should have told them it's not applicable to his car since its newly purchased.. both my going and coming back to lagos, I didn't pay a dime nor was I harassed because of it.

Any police officer that tries to harass you will do so if they notice your ignorance and fear..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by gcof(m): 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thalamus:

The bolded is sadly the mentality of most Nigerians, Not for me thou. Not when i have all documents intact, i'm not the cause of them being underpaid abeg neither is it me that sent them to go join police, as long as i'm polite and not rude, the worst they can do is delay me.
many Nigerians no dey get patience, why would you think of bribing an officer when all your documents are intact. Even as a student those days I made sure my papers were complete and any officer wey try to be silly, highest I go miss lecture that day but shi shi dem no go see

8 Likes

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Olayetan(m): 7:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:
Hi guys, Got a car coming in and there is no model of that car that does not have factory tinted windows. I read somewhere that Nigerian police have suspended issuing tinted permits, so people that still get theirs have to backdate it, please how true is this and does it work?

Also, it would be nice if people that have tinted cars share their experience so far with the police. Thanks in advance.

There's nothing money cannot get for you in Nigeria, they still do it illegally..
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by akdjr(m): 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
If your tinted glass is factory made, you have no problem with police and you also don't need a permit. But if you tint it yourself with nylon, police will surely arrest you and possibly take u to their station or collect bribe from you to allow u go and also direct you to take it off cos next time another set of police or that same ones will also arrest u again .
sucessdriven:
Hi guys, Got a car coming in and there is no model of that car that does not have factory tinted windows. I read somewhere that Nigerian police have suspended issuing tinted permits, so people that still get theirs have to backdate it, please how true is this and does it work?

Also, it would be nice if people that have tinted cars share their experience so far with the police. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by LOVEGINO(m): 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tank god say I don run my own tey tey.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by chloride6: 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
Lol, the law doesn't allow you use tinted permit.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by davit: 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
Exactly. Only Naija tints are the target of NPF. But some over zealous officers too can try to harass you. Just stand your ground. No tint permit for factory tint again. Just drive your car without fear.
sucessdriven:

Thanks. I just learnt factory-fitted tints are exempted from permits because you can still see through those. Police target are those after market ones that are completely dark and you cant see anything inside.

1 Like

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by meme98: 7:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
How much be dis tinted permit before them suspend am?
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by walozanga(m): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thalamus:

U get sense
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:

Ok, If i understand you correctly are you saying police will accept a medical report if you do not have a tinted permit?
Also, if its not possible to get tinted permits anymore, then what is the fate of owners of factory-fitted tint?

Factory fitted are safe.. with or without tint permit. Any suv, estate vehicles, Cuv normally come with tint glasses from backdoor to the hind windscreen. Dont be ignorantly held by police or any uniform men.

2 Likes

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by tutudesz: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
Cokahot:
Stop or no stop. Hold your 100 to 500 naira. Unless those police them no just like u,or u no dey Roger them or Greet them or even shake their hand. Get your documents intact,ID ,and tint na the last tin on the npf mind.
Lagos to Delta get about 50 check point O! How many 500 you wan give

1 Like

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Mrpojj(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:

They said if it's factory fitted then u don't have a problem, that s what the ig said

2 Likes

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Baselm: 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
Couldn't get a permit for my car tint, even though it was factory fitted, my colleagues at work showed me how to remove it easily. I did and I have avoided harassment since.

Find a way to remove it, else you will have to stop at every police checkpoint and waste time explaining to unreasonable folks.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Baselm: 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2021
tutudesz:

Lagos to Delta get about 50 check point O! How many 500 you wan give

Benin to Delta alone, those guys will milk you and they won't even take 500 from you and checkpoint is almost every Kilometre
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Saidfx(m): 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
ospreywin:

You can't get a tinted permit for now until the suspension has been lifted, you can alternatively get a medical report for factory fitted tint and you're good to go. Don't get a backdated one na.... tongue

Please hala..
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by largeman4u(m): 7:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:

If your car has a factory tinted glass you dont need a permit. The IG is clear on that

2 Likes

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Bobxin: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2021
ospreywin:
I wouldn't totally say all policemen cos some of them are stark illiterate but as far as I know they don't disturb you when you have a medical and the fact that most of them are aware of the suspension and the exclusive privilege given to factory fitted tint vehicles, they might have issue with the non factory fitted tint. At least with several people I did registration for their factory fitted vehicle since the ban there's no complain cos I procure the medical report for them. The fate of factory-fitted vehicle owner is just to be patient till when they lift the suspension of issuance of new permits, however the IG has already issued a statement after the ban that factory fitted tint vehicles are permitted.[i/]

[i]If you tell those policemen, they would argue
with you A guy once told me that showing them the news page where IG made that statement would work, haven't tried it though.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by tutudesz: 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
Baselm:

Benin to Delta alone, those guys will milk you and they won't even take 500 from you and checkpoint is almost every Kilometre
They mush delay you with something grin only go start to negotiate.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ystar(m): 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
Those people go show you pepper ooo, I'm forced to do the backdate too even as my car is factory tinted...... But the backdate is also legit too, dem don stop me for Ojota and scanned the QR code and they confirmed its legit...... Na wetin dem dey take chop now be that ooo
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by westfield: 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
Abeg no do pass yourself ......its not rocket science....walk into a police command ie where you have CP or Area Commander and ask all your questions

Nairaland no be police station

Like I said walk in a police command where you have a CP or Area commander

No go ask atura (black and black) or local stations

1 Like

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by kuonbe(m): 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
I pay 5k for police in mushin. Just because i no get,tinted permit on my kowope

1 Like

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Weany: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
Guys,

My car is not factory tinted. I had got a tinted permit and medical in February/March 2021.

The only checkpoint that worry is a entrance to Warri by some hungry police men who say IG would arrest anyone. I explained I got it before IG announcement but had to give them change. I was so pissed and ready to stand my ground.

Please can someone clearly show me the IG statement or a brief summary of this tinted communication?

Thanks
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Bobxin: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:

Thanks. I just learnt factory-fitted tints are exempted from permits because you can still see through those. Police target are those after market ones that are completely dark and you cant see anything inside.

That's not true, you and I know the policing in this country, anything tinted, wether factory or not, they would so deal with you. I had artificial tint on the front windows and factory tint on rear windows, even with my legit tinted permit they milked me 15k, I had to peel the artificial off in their presence after paying.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Bobxin: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
Weany:
Guys,

My car is not factory tinted. I had got a tinted permit and medical in February/March 2021.

The only checkpoint that worry is a entrance to Warri by some hungry police men who say IG would arrest anyone. I explained I got it before IG announcement but had to give them change. I was so pissed and ready to stand my ground.

Please can someone clearly show me the IG statement or a brief summary of this tinted communication?

Thanks
https://m.guardian.ng/news/igp-exempts-vehicles-with-factory-fitted-tinted-glasses-from-permit-ban/
This is the latest on the issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ultimatebunmi1(f): 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

They still give tinted permits for cars with factory tints
liesssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? / The 9 Best Family Cars Of 2019 / How Can I Confirm If A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.