Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,512 members, 7,816,237 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment (30412 Views)

Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? / Queries About Tinted Car Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Bobxin: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
largeman4u:

If your car has a factory tinted glass you dont need a permit. The IG is clear on that

God bless you, that's true. But if you don't know and if you're not smart, hmmm
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Hugo7(m): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nigerian Police don't listen to all these reasons. I was accosted by one I told him the Permit for tinted glass has been suspended. The guy asked me if I wanted to teach him his job?
Next thing he was trying to force himself into the car, saying let's go the station.

Those road side policemen dey look for how to extort motorists by all means.
I think it depends on your city, if you are in Lagos you need that permit or something similar from a C.P or Area Commander.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by sixtus3606(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
ospreywin:

For where?
he's right.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Abas01: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
Factory tinted vehicles are exempted, I was harassed by some police men cause my car has a factory tint.. even when I told them it was factory tint they still tried to hassle ME.. but I stood my ground letting him know that I was aware the IG gave exception to Factory tinted cars
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by gulfer: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
You never even get the car, and you're worried about tinted permit

1 Like

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Odoemacyril(m): 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
The truth is to know your right and the understanding about the new tinted law,.
The police force only issue tinted permit to factory fitted only,.. I have been harassed on that, and when they noticed that I understand them very well, they left me
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Yehman(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:
Hi guys, Got a car coming in and there is no model of that car that does not have factory tinted windows. I read somewhere that Nigerian police have suspended issuing tinted permits, so people that still get theirs have to backdate it, please how true is this and does it work?

Also, it would be nice if people that have tinted cars share their experience so far with the police. Thanks in advance.
Police is your friend grin

1 Like

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by TheAdvocate(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
That's not true.
alphabbey1:
if you don't want police to be stopping you every time, don't tint your ride...
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ejanla077: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:
Hi guys, Got a car coming in and there is no model of that car that does not have factory tinted windows. I read somewhere that Nigerian police have suspended issuing tinted permits, so people that still get theirs have to backdate it, please how true is this and does it work?

Also, it would be nice if people that have tinted cars share their experience so far with the police. Thanks in advance.

The order does not include factory fitted tinted
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Goldmyneexpress: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
ospreywin:
I wouldn't totally say all policemen cos some of them are stark illiterate but as far as I know they don't disturb you when you have a medical and the fact that most of them are aware of the suspension and the exclusive privilege given to factory fitted tint vehicles, they might have issue with the non factory fitted tint. At least with several people I did registration for their factory fitted vehicle since the ban there's no complain cos I procure the medical report for them. The fate of factory-fitted vehicle owner is just to be patient till when they lift the suspension of issuance of new permits,however the IG has already issued a statement after the ban that factory fitted tint vehicles are permitted.

How much is your change of ownership
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by jaymoney1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
Contact me for for your tinted permit, view my profile.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by jaymoney1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
Contact me for your tinted permit, view my profile.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ignis: 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
lonelydora:
Go to any police headquarters or command, you will "officially" get it done.

True
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by pepperandsalt(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
I can connect you to get the tinted permit.
Which area are you?
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ospreywin(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Chai! All of una saying tinted permit is still being issued.... Anu yin shemi.... Shey the one that the portal has been closed abi? Abi the backdated one abi? npf.gov.ng/tinted check the website if the registration portal is still open cos most of you will be claiming you have connect bla bla bla
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ospreywin(m): 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
Goldmyneexpress:

How much is your change of ownership
Depends on the type of vehicle and if the previous owner's document is not due. For SUV 20k for change of ownership+ new number plate 52k
Saloon car 20k for change of ownership 47k for new number plate. Whatsapp is currently down I would have said you should DM for more details and durations.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ospreywin(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
Terrence99:

I got mine recently. They still give wella.

Seen your second post, you're correct. I got mine via the medical report route.
Really? Where? How?
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Cokahot: 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
Must you travel with your car
tutudesz:

Lagos to Delta get about 50 check point O! How many 500 you wan give
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by tutudesz: 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
Cokahot:
Must you travel with your car
Prefer traveling with my personal car, due to security reasons and confront. Jumping bus in Delta state no easy O! And my village dey hardly get transport
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by derancle: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Abas01:
Factory tinted vehicles are exempted, I was harassed by some police men cause my car has a factory tint.. even when I told them it was factory tint they still tried to hassle ME.. but I stood my ground letting him know that I was aware the IG gave exception to Factory tinted cars

The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Usman Baba, has exempted vehicles with factory-fitted tinted glasses from the ban on issuance of permits. What it means is that non factory tinted will not be issue a tinted permit
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by BluntCrazeMan: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:

If it is factory fitted, once police stops you and asks of it, tell him that it is factory fitted.. He himself will check it and see it for himself.
Then that one will be over.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by derancle: 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
If it is factory fitted, once police stops you and asks of it, tell him that it is factory fitted.. He himself will check it and see it for himself.
Then that one will be over.

The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Usman Baba, has exempted vehicles with factory-fitted tinted glasses from the ban on issuance of permits. What it means is that non factory tinted will not be issue a tinted permit
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Dramadiddy(m): 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
sucessdriven:

tints are not allowed for windscreen. side windows are allowed.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Weany: 1:42am On Oct 05, 2021
Bobxin:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/igp-exempts-vehicles-with-factory-fitted-tinted-glasses-from-permit-ban/
This is the latest on the issue

Thanks for sharing but the article does not answer my question.

Those who got tinted glasses for non factory fitted, secured the right permits before IG ban. What happens to us?
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by calabardick(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2021
sucessdriven:

Login to this website, upload your documents and go for your biometrics at the state police headquarters. It's free.

https://www.npf.gov.ng/tinted/
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by Bobxin: 2:46am On Oct 16, 2021
Weany:

Thanks for sharing but the article does not answer my question.

Those who got tinted glasses for non factory fitted, secured the right permits before IG ban. What happens to us?

You would have to peel it off. That's what I did. I had the tinted permit before the ban, rear windows are factory fitted while the front was artificial, even with my tinted permit from last year, I still peeled the artificial off, after they collected 15k from me.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by 735i(m): 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2021
Bobxin:

You would have to peel it off. That's what I did. I had the tinted permit before the ban, rear windows are factory fitted while the front was artificial, even with my tinted permit from last year, I still peeled the artificial off, after they collected 15k from me.

They didn't collect N15k from you, you gave them.

I had a permit (before ban) and my car is not factory tinted. I drive around in Lagos and have traveled to the east twice after the ban. No single policeman has collected N1 because of tint. Not 1

1 Like

Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ospreywin(m): 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2021
735i:

They didn't collect N15k from you, you gave them.

I had a permit (before ban) and my car is not factory tinted. I drive around in Lagos and have traveled to the east twice after the ban. No single policeman has collected N1 because of tint. Not 1
DO you always take the Benin route when traveling?
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by 735i(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
ospreywin:

DO you always take the Benin route when traveling?

Lagos to Anambra, my regular route. I always wear a straight face when I'm stopped.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by OgbeniOja1: 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
Is it possible to change ownership with out changing the plate number?? That is keeping the old plate number
ospreywin:

Depends on the type of vehicle and if the previous owner's document is not due. For SUV 20k for change of ownership+ new number plate 52k
Saloon car 20k for change of ownership 47k for new number plate. Whatsapp is currently down I would have said you should DM for more details and durations.
Re: About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment by ospreywin(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
OgbeniOja1:
Is it possible to change ownership with out changing the plate number?? That is keeping the old plate number
That's before it's no longer possible. Another thing you can do is get the affidavit and police report for change of ownership, then renew the old license then keep using the old number.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / See How The Range Rover Has Evolved Over The Years / Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.