Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. (62830 Views)

See The N1,700 Meal A Nairalander Had For Breakfast (pictures) / Look at the Meal I Prepared With 2000 Naira In This Tight Economy. / The Meal I Prepared with just #500 As Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by lomprico(m): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
ABCthingx:
Lubbish! Na only Sunday You sabi sell market abi?

why are you so bitter about this?

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Hardeysolution(m): 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:
PLEASE IGNORE MY ENGLISH!
We all know how hard the country is @the moment,as we're all feeling the heat.

I have basically ran out of some major foodstuffs like yam, bag of potatoes,paints of rice and garri.for some couple of days now I have been racking my brain on how to purchase those items without disturbing my husband because recently he has bn complaining of low patronage.even my soaps and body scrub don finish for days now.

Me,I am somehow broke and sales lately hasn't bn interesting.i run a street roadside hustle and I don't go to hustle on Sundays which is my rest days.

But as level come be nau...kids must chow anyhow e be.so I decided since last night to come to hustle today being Sunday,since I have what to sale so I could see money to purchase those items I mentioned earlier on.

The raw truth I don't know how to borrow money from somebody,infact no one would even agree to lend money to you.so I decided to use what I have to get what I need.

Immediately I appeared in my hustleville arena this morning,one righteous woman like that dressed in a very lovely gown and peacock hat was to the first to hunt me down.

Mind you this woman has been hunting me for months,she was the reason why I stopped selling on Sundays because her preaching wahala was too much.

Mummy zee why nau?why nau?I thought you ve stopped?,why did you come out today.
Whilst she was busy asking me these questions,I bent down to lit my firewoods money must be made jare.

When she finished rapping,she looked at me,I looked at her,I carried my pan and placed it on the fire.in my mind I was like...hanty pls board your Keke and go,but for where.

I walked up to her and said.....pls ma'am cud you please lend me 30k?I need it to sort some things at home.madam said she doesn't have.

I left her there,went back to stir my beans paste in my mortal,madam borrowed herself sense then entered Keke and moooovv.

I settled down and sold maaad market,my money to buy those foodstuffs I mentioned is complete.i even bought succulent ripe plantains join to prepare correct plaintain and egg sauce for my family!
Bag of potatoes is sure,paints of rice is sure, tubers of yam toh sure,paints of garri nko,it's the Lord's doing.

I can confidently get my soaps and body scrub now.

Now my question is.....just because today that I didn't go to church would God be so angry to throw me into hell fire knowing fully well that my family needs these basic items?

Why do some too churchy righteous Christians likes hunting people that doesn't go to church and if you meet them to help you with money instead they will quote excerpts from the Bible to you.

Na market I sell....no be thief I thief!

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

You've done quite well.

I'll like to say a few things before I comment on the major thing.

1. People don't go to hell fire because of what you think. It's because they have refused to accept Jesus Christ. If you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour, then he will direct your steps into what or what not to do.

2. God is not a barbaric God that throws people into hell like some goddess or stuffs. It doesn't work that way. I think it's important we all have encounter of the person of God so we don't remain shallow.

3. There's something knowing God does for us. It's not about going to church primarily. It just makes us want to please God. And this is not a religious running about - it is a life. So if it hasn't happened to you, even though you go to church - and you don't know God - it's just jamboree.

Now to the topic itself,

The lady preaching to you didn't come to ask you to leave where you're going to eat. She's only inviting you to church. She's inviting you to ensure you receive from God.

Now this is important - it's not about church but about your heart.

Now I need to ask,

Why do you think you sold better today and then felt the sister was about to do you a bar thing? Did you know read that your God is the God of the times and seasons.

I see few things,

1. Lack of trust in the God you claim to know.
2. Lack of understanding of the God you claim to serve
3. Shallow knowledge in the things of God
4. Christianity to you isn't about God but about the things you can get from God

Now this is the summary,

Whether you get to sell better or not, you have only decided to show your love for what you want. If you trust God, whether now or later, you'll seek him - not just in church but everywhere.

Just imagine, your friends have a party to attend, or your parent called for a meeting that's emergency or there's a match or a movie... You would probably have missed the sales too and truthfully, you're not always at seat for sales so you have missed several hot moment for sales.

God is the one that owns times and chances. Trust him and when to eat or not, when to move or not becomes easy and it won't cost you anything to leave your trade for him.

Look at the Muslims, they can't say the same thing you've come hear to say. Whatever it is, they leave it to pray.

Selah

3 Likes

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by mastermaestro(m): 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
When you stand before JESUS CHRIST after your showtime on earth is over, I hope you will have the guts to brag to Him like this. Too bad many of you don't know what is waiting for you on the other side. sad

2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV
''For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.''
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Hardeysolution(m): 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

I have basically ran out of some major foodstuffs like yam, bag of potatoes,paints of rice and garri.for some couple of days now I have been racking my brain on how to purchase those items without disturbing my husband because recently he has bn complaining of low patronage.even my soaps and body scrub don finish for days now.

Me,I am somehow broke and sales lately hasn't bn interesting.i run a street roadside hustle and I don't go to hustle on Sundays which is my rest days.

But as level come be nau...kids must chow anyhow e be.so I decided since last night to come to hustle today being Sunday,since I have what to sale so I could see money to purchase those items I mentioned earlier on.

The raw truth I don't know how to borrow money from somebody,infact no one would even agree to lend money to you.so I decided to use what I have to get what I need.

Immediately I appeared in my hustleville arena this morning,one righteous woman like that dressed in a very lovely gown and peacock hat was to the first to hunt me down.

Mind you this woman has been hunting me for months,she was the reason why I stopped selling on Sundays because her preaching wahala was too much.

Whilst she was busy asking me these questions,I bent down to lit my firewoods money must be made jare.

When she finished rapping,she looked at me,I looked at her,I carried my pan and placed it on the fire.in my mind I was like...hanty pls board your Keke and go,but for where.

I walked up to her and said.....pls ma'am cud you please lend me 30k?I need it to sort some things at home.madam said she doesn't have.

I left her there,went back to stir my beans paste in my mortal,madam borrowed herself sense then entered Keke and moooovv.

I settled down and sold maaad market,my money to buy those foodstuffs I mentioned is complete.i even bought succulent ripe plantains join to prepare correct plaintain and egg sauce for my family!
Bag of potatoes is sure,paints of rice is sure, tubers of yam toh sure,paints of garri nko,it's the Lord's doing.

Now my question is.....just because today that I didn't go to church would God be so angry to throw me into hell fire knowing fully well that my family needs these basic items?

Why do some too churchy righteous Christians likes hunting people that doesn't go to church and if you meet them to help you with money instead they will quote excerpts from the Bible to you.

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Look at the Muslims, they can't say the same thing you've come hear to say. Whatever it is, they leave it to pray.

It says a lot about our commitment to the God we claim to serve.

Our hearts really matter.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Let's watch for the coming five to six Sundays..
In fact, let's watch out for your Sundays for the rest of this year, and even beyond
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by mastermaestro(m): 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

When you stand before JESUS CHRIST after your showtime on earth is over, I hope you will have the guts to brag to Him like this. Too bad many of you don't know what is waiting for you on the other side. sad

''For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.''
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Ten06(m): 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
God is not man and does not reason like man, don't mind them.
My advice for you is to try to be attending church service on Sundays, after the service you can open and transact your business
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by nedekid: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
ABCthingx:
Opening your shop on Sundays isn't something you should brag about let alone bring online for some cheap social media justification.
And what is wrong with opening shop of Sundays?
Abi if you have kids pastor will feed them for you?
Most pastors really don't want to see you in church if you do not have offering to give.
Haba, my agent told a pastor that has been in the same building for 15 years, that he should look for 10m let him get him land to start building. Pastor Halla say if him get 10m him go still day this poor downtown area, de minister to poor people? Rather him for go rent office for lekki where just 1 persin thithe go cover all the offering him de collect downtown for a year.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Realhommie(m): 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
ATEAMS:
Hunger bad sha....

E make u forget God
Because she no go church (a building where supposed christians gather to worship/fellowship) for 1 Sunday so she don forget God? Na so?

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Depressed101: 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

what kind poison is this cool
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Shokoloko(f): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hardeysolution:

You've done quite well.

I'll like to say a few things before I comment on the major thing.

1. People don't go to hell fire because of what you think. It's because they have refused to accept Jesus Christ. If you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour, then he will direct your steps into what or what not to do.

2. God is not a barbaric God that throws people into hell like some goddess or stuffs. It doesn't work that way. I think it's important we all have encounter of the person of God so we don't remain shallow.

3. There's something knowing God does for us. It's not about going to church primarily. It just makes us want to please God. And this is not a religious running about - it is a life. So if it hasn't happened to you, even though you go to church - and you don't know God - it's just jamboree.

Now to the topic itself,

The lady preaching to you didn't come to ask you to leave where you're going to eat. She's only inviting you to church. She's inviting you to ensure you receive from God.

Now this is important - it's not about church but about your heart.

Now I need to ask,

Why do you think you sold better today and then felt the sister was about to do you a bar thing? Did you know read that your God is the God of the times and seasons.

I see few things,

1. Lack of trust in the God you claim to know.
2. Lack of understanding of the God you claim to serve
3. Shallow knowledge in the things of God
4. Christianity to you isn't about God but about the things you can get from God

Now this is the summary,

Whether you get to sell better or not, you have only decided to show your love for what you want. If you trust God, whether now or later, you'll seek him - not just in church but everywhere.

Just imagine, your friends have a party to attend, or your parent called for a meeting that's emergency or there's a match or a movie... You would probably have missed the sales too and truthfully, you're not always at seat for sales so you have missed several hot moment for sales.

God is the one that owns times and chances. Trust him and when to eat or not, when to move or not becomes easy and it won't cost you anything to leave your trade for him.

Selah

Well said. You seem to be on the right track. Christianity not religion.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ukahrawah: 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
Be careful madam, the devil is a trickster. If you're a true Christian, you must keep God's commandment regarding his holy day. It is worship first and keep holy His day of rest. The devil will always throw a bait I tell you. Beware of the tempter.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by shegzbillionz(m): 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Very dirty
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Antony061(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
EternalBeing:
Lal las, na food go kill you! Just like Esau that sold his eternal birth right, you chose food over spending time to know your CREATOR. FFK brother.

Why you con dey insult the woman na?
Wetin consign you if she open shop on Sunday?
Swear say you no dey buy things from people wey dey open on Sunday
grin CHURCH GOER grin
D church wey you dey go every Sunday sure you go even make heaven?
Na poeple like you go dey front row for HELL

4 Likes

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by hosemujica: 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
You did exactly what God wants you to do , hustle and help your husband I advice you to go every Sunday. The temple of God is in your heart, not in one man made building.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by hosemujica: 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
Antony061:

Why you con dey insult the woman na?
Wetin consign you if she open shop on Sunday?
Swear say you no dey buy things from people wey dey open on Sunday
grin CHURCH GOER grin
D church wey you dey go every Sunday sure you go even make heaven?
Na poeple like you go dey front row for HELL
He is in hell already as we speak.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Realhommie(m): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
mastermaestro:

Out of point... Totally and completely out of point...

If she had gone to church in lack, with her family hungry would the church have given her these foodstuff or money to buy them?

Because she didn't go to church for a Sunday she has forsaken God? How you guys try to twist and justify some things really baffles me.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by arthurwillia(m): 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

There are plenty churches that worship just 2 hours in a day
That’s too much for you baa?
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Abujaexpress: 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Your husband go suffer o! So only you ate that whole food with the three eggs? It well with soul of your husband
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2021
What exactly is your point ? Not every blessing is from God. Be careful about what you post online regarding Christianity. To what end is the post exactly ? Ask yourself this.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by hosemujica: 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

I want to assure you that in the western world, shops open on Sundays and they are the people that brought us christianity. Madam you are fine.

2 Likes

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by fotadmowmend(m): 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Why the food come be like sacrifice
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by sageb: 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
the hustle is real stomach infrastructure things
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
Realhommie:

If she had gone to church in lack, with her family hungry would the church have given her these foodstuff or money to buy them?

Because she didn't go to church for a Sunday she has forsaken God? How you guys try to twist and justify some things really baffles me.
When you go to church, you go there to have a close relationship with God not for your own selfish gains. People must really understand the essence of going to church really! Sacrificing one day to serve the owner of your life out of 7 days isn’t too much bro.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by mastermaestro(m): 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
Realhommie:

So is the truth of the Gospel to everyone who is hell bound, always out of point. I don't waste my energy trying to persuade anyone. Truth hurts, I see you are.

You think it is the one hour in church that would have prevented her and her family from having food on their table, right?

When you and her stand before JESUS CHRIST after your acting on earth is done, you will have an opportunity to present your logical views to Him. sad

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
Elsueno:
sis ahnie forget those over Sabi people, even God himself said, we should chop well b4 dabbling into prayers or religious activities so that hunger no go distract us
Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word of God that cometh out of his mouth.

More like the temptation, Get food and forgo salvation. Who knows, an Angel might just be waiting for her in her place of worship today.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by omoyeni37: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
It was when i visited dubai in 2017 i realise businesses do open on sundays.....
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Fortune118005(m): 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2021
Offpoint1:
Every living creature first instincts is SURVIVAL, be it lower or higher animal. Be it in the jungle or in the city, first instinct is SURVIVAL and not God.
An hungry being careless about God existence until the stomach is full...

God won't send you manner from heaven because you go to church or not, nor because you're holy or a sinner. If they holiest man on earth fail to work, hunger will do a miracle to his natural survival instincts.

Humans have this illusion about them being some special creatures, you're only unfortunate to have the biggest brain.

If an asteroid should hit the earth or any other natural disaster, the same way all animals will perish is the same humans will perish. There's no special treatment or selective death ErIe.
You Can be holy and still be rich
Don't deceive yourself
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Sleekfingers: 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Na only wan eat three eggs ?
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by demmie1: 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2021
ABCthingx:
Opening your shop on Sundays isn't something you should brag about let alone bring online for some cheap social media justification.

Don't spoil the story for us with your self righteousness

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by chatinent: 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
Myself2:

Yes
Today wey be thanksgiving my church dey share bags of rice and garri to those wey need am, including non Christians from around the vicinity of the church. Publicity for this was wide the previous day.
Also those wey need small cash handout dey still get something to hold body

Nice one for you. Hers wasn't.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by silibaba: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
moreover, church nowadays is just a place to go and show off your new dresses, cars, pregnancy etc. to me Christianity is long time buried six feet under the ground coz we all like sheep have gone astray.

I was in church one day and saw how promiscuous a married woman was dressed(exposing her boobs and other sensitive parts). I just carry my bible and put under my armpit, zoooooooooooooooooooooooooom i don go back house. if you always read my post, you will realize how much I abhor immoral dressing in women and girls.

I will also advice the men here to always watch out for your wife. pastors these days no get joy ooo. go nack your wife if you lose guard.

all the bad things now originate from the church. very few are holy.

am out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bride-to-be Bachelorette Party Cake Causes Stir Online / Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) / Checkout This 40ft Trailer Load Of Cow Meat At An Event Recently (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.