Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. (62850 Views)

See The N1,700 Meal A Nairalander Had For Breakfast (pictures) / Look at the Meal I Prepared With 2000 Naira In This Tight Economy. / The Meal I Prepared with just #500 As Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2021
So noddle plantain and 3 eggs are now biggest food one can eat in Nigeria now Even one will buy ordinary fruit juice I stopped drinking here due to too much sugar and be advertising it on Nairaland.. so poverty has gotten to this level in Nigeria
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Realhommie(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2021
mastermaestro:

So is the truth of the Gospel to everyone who is hell bound, always out of point. I don't waste my energy trying to persuade anyone. Truth hurts, I see you are.

You think it is the one hour in church that would have prevented her and her family from having food on their table, right?

When you and her stand before JESUS CHRIST after your acting on earth is done, you will have an opportunity to present your logical views to Him. sad
She has not forsaken God because she missed a service, deal with it.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Ibime(m): 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:
PLEASE IGNORE MY ENGLISH!
We all know how hard the country is @the moment,as we're all feeling the heat.

I have basically ran out of some major foodstuffs like yam, bag of potatoes,paints of rice and garri.for some couple of days now I have been racking my brain on how to purchase those items without disturbing my husband because recently he has bn complaining of low patronage.even my soaps and body scrub don finish for days now.

Me,I am somehow broke and sales lately hasn't bn interesting.i run a street roadside hustle and I don't go to hustle on Sundays which is my rest days.

But as level come be nau...kids must chow anyhow e be.so I decided since last night to come to hustle today being Sunday,since I have what to sale so I could see money to purchase those items I mentioned earlier on.

The raw truth I don't know how to borrow money from somebody,infact no one would even agree to lend money to you.so I decided to use what I have to get what I need.

Immediately I appeared in my hustleville arena this morning,one righteous woman like that dressed in a very lovely gown and peacock hat was to the first to hunt me down.

Mind you this woman has been hunting me for months,she was the reason why I stopped selling on Sundays because her preaching wahala was too much.

Mummy zee why nau?why nau?I thought you ve stopped?,why did you come out today.
Whilst she was busy asking me these questions,I bent down to lit my firewoods money must be made jare.

When she finished rapping,she looked at me,I looked at her,I carried my pan and placed it on the fire.in my mind I was like...hanty pls board your Keke and go,but for where.

I walked up to her and said.....pls ma'am cud you please lend me 30k?I need it to sort some things at home.madam said she doesn't have.

I left her there,went back to stir my beans paste in my mortal,madam borrowed herself sense then entered Keke and moooovv.

I settled down and sold maaad market,my money to buy those foodstuffs I mentioned is complete.i even bought succulent ripe plantains join to prepare correct plaintain and egg sauce for my family!
Bag of potatoes is sure,paints of rice is sure, tubers of yam toh sure,paints of garri nko,it's the Lord's doing.

I can confidently get my soaps and body scrub now.

Now my question is.....just because today that I didn't go to church would God be so angry to throw me into hell fire knowing fully well that my family needs these basic items?

Why do some too churchy righteous Christians likes hunting people that doesn't go to church and if you meet them to help you with money instead they will quote excerpts from the Bible to you.

Na market I sell....no be thief I thief!

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Obviously Nigerians spend disposable cash on food on Sunday and you should be selling every Sunday as it is a good business day in your area. You can go to church on Wednesday or another day..

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Emmhychidi(m): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
Don't mind those people that are judging you, you did it out of selfishness and that's what matters . They may not even see the kingdom of God self... But on the other hand if you cannot go to church in the morning, try attending evening services, because it would be bad to advice you not to go to church at all...
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by daddytime(m): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

I have basically ran out of some major foodstuffs like yam, bag of potatoes,paints of rice and garri.for some couple of days now I have been racking my brain on how to purchase those items without disturbing my husband because recently he has bn complaining of low patronage.even my soaps and body scrub don finish for days now.

Me,I am somehow broke and sales lately hasn't bn interesting.i run a street roadside hustle and I don't go to hustle on Sundays which is my rest days.

But as level come be nau...kids must chow anyhow e be.so I decided since last night to come to hustle today being Sunday,since I have what to sale so I could see money to purchase those items I mentioned earlier on.

The raw truth I don't know how to borrow money from somebody,infact no one would even agree to lend money to you.so I decided to use what I have to get what I need.

Immediately I appeared in my hustleville arena this morning,one righteous woman like that dressed in a very lovely gown and peacock hat was to the first to hunt me down.

Mind you this woman has been hunting me for months,she was the reason why I stopped selling on Sundays because her preaching wahala was too much.

Whilst she was busy asking me these questions,I bent down to lit my firewoods money must be made jare.

When she finished rapping,she looked at me,I looked at her,I carried my pan and placed it on the fire.in my mind I was like...hanty pls board your Keke and go,but for where.

I walked up to her and said.....pls ma'am cud you please lend me 30k?I need it to sort some things at home.madam said she doesn't have.

I left her there,went back to stir my beans paste in my mortal,madam borrowed herself sense then entered Keke and moooovv.

I settled down and sold maaad market,my money to buy those foodstuffs I mentioned is complete.i even bought succulent ripe plantains join to prepare correct plaintain and egg sauce for my family!
Bag of potatoes is sure,paints of rice is sure, tubers of yam toh sure,paints of garri nko,it's the Lord's doing.

Now my question is.....just because today that I didn't go to church would God be so angry to throw me into hell fire knowing fully well that my family needs these basic items?

Why do some too churchy righteous Christians likes hunting people that don't go to church and if you meet them to help you with money instead they will quote excerpts from the Bible to you.

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

I love you so much....

Keep winning sis...

The devil and him comrades dey learn work....

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Vulcanheph(m): 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Why do some too churchy righteous Christians likes hunting people that doesn't go to church and if you meet them to help you with money instead they will quote excerpts from the Bible to you.

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Madam nothing do you.... Carry on.
Don't let any over religious zealots make you feel bad for developing ways to survive.
If you see say na on Sunday wey market dey sell then sell your market and Bleep whatever anyone says....
Even the Europeans that brought the Christianity to us no dey carry am for head the way we dey do am.

You've gained my admiration for looking for ways to generate income and ease the burden of your husband (and also understanding when your husband told you things are hard.)
You're true wife material.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by sisisioge: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
Na so o....in fact you fit even continue your Sunday hustle and still attend church online. Na you know the bills waiting to be paid o....aunty peacock cant fit help.

Meanwhile, you didnt eat the 3 eggs all by yourself, right? grin
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by mrkings84(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Congrats for making so much money just today Sunday that u could afford all these things u needed.
Things u couldn't afford from Monday yo Saturday hustling.

But don't u think u need to stop hustling from Monday to Saturday and just concentrate on Sundays hustling
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Realhommie(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

When you go to church, you go there to have a close relationship with God not for your own selfish gains. People must really understand the essence of going to church really! Sacrificing one day to serve the owner of your life out of 7 days isn’t too much bro.
I'm not disputing what you have stated, I understand clearly...

You don't know how she connects with God. You and i are the church and not some physical building were people must gather. The essence of going there isn't to worship but to fellowship as brethren. You can worship wherever, alone if as the need arises.

So because she wasn't physically present to fellowship with brethren today means she has forsaken the creator?

And I didn't mean we go to church for our selfish gains from my earlier statement. I only posed a question. They were starving, or didn't you read her post? The family needed food, her kids were starving. Something needed to be done ASAP, her mind led her to do what she did and she got a reward for it. In the end all praises to God.

Ok, when she asked that lady to loan her 30k what was her response? Let me tell you, in this part of the world we practice religion and not Christianity. For most going to church is a ritual, nothing more. But it takes more than going to a physical building to fellowship with brethren to be in tune with God.

My point.

2 Likes

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Vulcanheph(m): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
So noddle plantain and 3 eggs are now biggest food one can eat in Nigeria now Even one will buy ordinary fruit juice I stopped drinking here due to too much sugar and be advertising it on Nairaland.. so poverty has gotten to this level in Nigeria
My brother, food has now become so expensive in this country that the things we used to consider normal before have now become a luxury.... Whoever the Op's husband is , that man is a lucky man for meeting a woman who is understanding and supportive during this dreadful Buhari's era.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Realhommie(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ibime:

Obviously Nigerians spend disposable cash on food on Sunday and you should be selling every Sunday as it is a good business day in your area. You can go to church on Wednesday or another day..
Exactly..... No mind those wey don conclude say she go go hell because she miss 1 Sunday service.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by descarado: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
ABCthingx:
Opening your shop on Sundays isn't something you should brag about let alone bring online for some cheap social media justification.
You know, I have never seen people who live in la la land like Nigerian Christians especially the team born again.
You get home and put on your electricity but you forget somebody was there all day keeping everything intact so you will have electricity

Emergency happens on sunday morning and u rush to the hospital to meet pagans.
I do wish you lots look the meaning of hypocrite in the dictionary.

2 Likes

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Testimony1988(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
Three eggs at once is much.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Vulcanheph(m): 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
Realhommie:
I'm not disputing what you have stated, I understand clearly...

You don't know how she connects with God. You and i are the church and not some physical building were people must gather. The essence of going there isn't to worship but to fellowship as brethren. You can worship wherever, alone if as the need arises.

So because she wasn't physically present to fellowship with brethren today means she has forsaken the creator?

And I didn't mean we go to church for our selfish gains from my earlier statement. I only posed a question. They were starving, or didn't you read her post? The family needed food, her kids were starving. Something needed to be done ASAP, her mind led her to do what she did and she got a reward for it. In the end all praises to God.

Ok, when she asked that lady to loan her 30k what was her response? Let me tell you, in this part of the world we practice religion and not Christianity. For most going to church is a ritual, nothing more. But it takes more than going to a physical building to fellowship with brethren to be in tune with God.

My point.
The part of your comment I bolded is the Gospel truth..... Churches in Nigeria have deviated greatly from what Christianity is supposed to be...
A church should be more of a family than just a place where people go for weekly rituals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2021
daddytime:

I love you so much....

Keep winning sis...

The devil and him comrades dey learn work....
Zaddy sage,thank you.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by 46arcadez(m): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

You have done noble.
God looks at the heart.

If you don't take care of your family, who would?

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by daddytime(m): 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Zaddy sage,thank you.

grin
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Realhommie(m): 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
Vulcanheph:

The part of your comment I bolded is the Gospel truth..... Churches in Nigeria have deviated greatly from what Christianity is supposed to be...
A church should be more of a family than just a place where people go for weekly rituals.
Spot on.....

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Offpoint1: 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
Fortune118005:

You Can be holy and still be rich
Don't deceive yourself
Holiness or sin has nothing to do with riches, that wasn't where my emphasis lies.

2 Likes

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Vulcanheph:

My brother, food has now become so expensive in this country that the things we used to consider normal before have now become a luxury.... Whoever the Op's husband is , that man is a lucky man for meeting a woman who is understanding and supportive during this dreadful Buhari's era.

I rest my case.

Buhari own punishment will be in hell fire... only God will punish him embarassed

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
descarado:

You know, I have never seen people who live in la la land like Nigerian Christians especially the team born again.
You get home and put on your electricity but you forget somebody was there all day keeping everything intact so you will have electricity

Emergency happens on sunday morning and u rush to the hospital to meet pagans.
I do wish you lots look the meaning of hypocrite in the dictionary.

You're a realist and I love you for that.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by KushLyon(m): 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
If pastors can open their business place on Sundays, why shouldn't you? Madam carry on jor, nothing do you

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by RedEnergy: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
When God said he that finds a wife, finds a good thing, it was a woman like this OP He was talking about. See legit hustle, see better food. Got damn kiss Where do they find this type of women? Someone should help me with directions please.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by RedEnergy: 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:
PLEASE IGNORE
Please can you marry 2 husbands? This one touch me well.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
46arcadez:

You have done noble.
God looks at the heart.

If you don't take care of your family, who would?
Tenk you!
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
RedEnergy:
Please can you marry 2 husbands? This one touch me well.
This one wey all of una want marry me so....ogini na afio?
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by chubinwa(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
Thank God for you oo. But please, next time, you have to be brief and precised. Many are hungry to have read this long episode just to prove a point that could be summarized in few sentences. Nigerian economy have affected virtually every thing.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by wallrichy: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
See EBO......only not at Orita Meta.....
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
Nawa ooo.. Some people sef.

Wetin madam Ahnie do una?
Is that plantain I am eyeing from here grin
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by iswallker(m): 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
Made me missed
. Did you attend primary school
undecided
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Silentgroper(m): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
U no dey run ur diary again?? . Dat ur diary wey be like comedy hub..
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Cnach: 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
U did well the country is not friendly any more
But do remember that this trying time is the most important time to be in peace with ur God. Going to church is not the only way to make peace with God but it is very important in every humans life, at least to reignite the precious fire in u and keep u away from sin. The world is ruled by Satan and can never get better and so u need God to claim ur power of dominion. Business can also go on after service, 7 o'clock service it also available not necessarily in ur chosen church but in any living church that have such service so as to give u time to support urself. Happy day ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout This 40ft Trailer Load Of Cow Meat At An Event Recently (pics/video) / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.