Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! (1394 Views)

Elderly Advice Please / Please A Brother Needs Elderly Advice. / Wedding Pictures Of An Elderly Man With A Teenage Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 11:43am On Oct 03, 2021
Hey guys

I don’t know if this is the right thread for this but, I’ll still drop it tho.

The question is I’m 25 I work in a multimedia firm like nta and ait I’m what they call the camera guy, salary isint much but 100 a month, aside that I have my own photo studio where people come for thier wedding bookings and photo shoots I employed someone to manage that one while I work monthly I still go there most times and it’s been booming lately.
Now I still stay with my parents and I’m planing on moving out and getting my
Own apartment but I know it I’ll hurt my
Mom cause she’s still on to me to go to school and get my certificate first before working for anyone,

I’ve played deaf ears and it has worked for me, my question is do you guys suggest I forfeit my current job and take the admission cause I applied for a school and I was assured of getting in cause I have payed for everything myself but something about me going isint making me happy but I’m pushing it cause of my mom.

Like I said do I quite my job and take up the admission and leave my studio in the hands of an employee while I school or I should dead the school idea and move out the house to make my decision as a man.
The floor is opened for elderly people, pls no vulgar words thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention my personal studio is packed with expensive camera gears and cameras like the eos r mark ii and just top tier photography gears. Would leaving all these in a strangers hands be wise

Edit2: pls guys those saying I should work and also school the school I applied for is a private uni like convenant that dosent allow students live outside school plus with their dress code of only blazers and tie to class, so the option of me schooling and working is not going to see the light of day

1 Like

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Ammishaddai: 11:48am On Oct 03, 2021
Bros ,you'll need financial support while in school, and if your photo studio can pay for your education comfortably, then go for it . Otherwise just dey with your mama dey gather money. Las las ,no be everybody wey go school get bright future

6 Likes

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by gasparpisciotta: 11:49am On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
Hey guys

The question is I’m 25 I work in a multimedia firm like nta and ait I’m what they call the camera guy, salary isint much but 100 a month, aside that I have my own photo studio where people come for thier wedding bookings and photo shoots I employed someone to manage that one while I work monthly I still go there most times and it’s been booming lately.
Mom cause she’s still on to me to go to school and get my certificate first before working for anyone,

I’ve played deaf ears and it has worked for me, my question is do you guys suggest I forfeit my current job and take the admission cause I applied for a school and I was assured of getting in cause I have payed for everything myself but something about me going isint making me happy but I’m pushing it cause of my mom.

Like I said do I quite my job and take up the admission and leave my studio in the hands of an employee while I school or I should dead the school idea and move out the house to make my decision as a man.

Getting educational qualifications is good, it will aid promotion at your work place.
It will also expose you to other opportunities that comes with having educational qualifications.

Be that as it may.

For your educational exploits not to affect your schedule and business concern, you may register for a part time course that relates to your discipline.

Do not stop your job and do not underestimate your mum’s advise.

It shall be well with you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by malcom1X: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2021
Guy go school, run you business that has been booming lately. You're not going to spend much time in school, you can go to your biz after school.

Keep your eyes on your business, you can't let an employee run it forever while you do something else.

1 Like

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Cof1ex(m): 11:55am On Oct 03, 2021
My brother all this struggle in life is for a "happily ever after". Money guarantees you have a happily ever after. We use money to go to school, get a job, and work for money.... Most of our graduates are working for a salary less than what you are earning.... I will only advice you to invest more and follow the trend...

4 Likes

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by midolian(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2021
The school sef na market on hin own. Go school, multiply your customers. As a student, you can easily win the heart of other students. No go dull o
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by SUPERPACK: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
Continue your job and studio then register for online schooling with a reputable school. There is no much difference between offline and online education, you can even do it with a genuine foreign school and all certificates will be sent via mail to you..

4 Likes

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Getting educational qualifications is good, it will aid promotion at your work place.
It will also expose you to other opportunities that comes with having educational qualifications.

Be that as it may.

For your educational exploits not to affect your schedule and business concern, you may register for a part time course that relates to your discipline.

Do not stop your job and do not underestimate your mum’s advise.

It shall be well with you.
I get all your points thanks for the inputs, the problem is the school is a private institution like convenant university which don’t let their students live outside the school, so accepting will mean quitting the job totally to stay in school and leaving my equipments and tools in the hands of an employee, that’s the problem
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by malcom1X: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
midolian:
The school sef na market on hin own. Go school, multiply your customers. As a student, you can easily win the heart of other students. No go dull o

From that school sef him fit get enough business for his business sef. You understand.

Na promotion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
malcom1X:

From that school sef him fit get enough business for his business sef. You understand.

Na promotion.
I understand but the school isint a government owned institution it’s a private that requires me to live in the school premises
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by malcom1X: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
I get all your points thanks for the inputs, the problem is the school is a private institution like convenant university which don’t let their students live outside the school, so accepting will mean quitting the job totally to stay in school and leaving my equipments and tools in the hands of an employee, that’s the problem

Guy forget private school grin can't run private on a business.
Federal is best.
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Continue your job and studio then register for online schooling with a reputable school. There is no much difference between offline and online education, you can even do it with a genuine foreign school and all certificates will be sent via mail to you..
id really look into this
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
malcom1X:

Guy forget private school grin can't run private on a business.
Federal is best.
federal wasn’t giving the admission reason why I switched to private mind you I have been chasing admission since 2017 which I didn’t see which made me start hustling till date and god has been fateful but each year my mom keeps bugging me.
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Jhustmie1: 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
U don't av to quit school o... Am a fashion designer and am doing part time in unilag... It Dd not stop each other be wise bro �
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
Cof1ex:
My brother all this struggle in life is for a "happily ever after". Money guarantees you have a happily ever after. We use money to go to school, get a job, and work for money.... Most of our graduates are working for a salary less than what you are earning.... I will only advice you to invest more and follow the trend...
thanks for this and like an op mentioned I could school online or apply for open university
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
Jhustmie1:
U don't av to quit school o... Am a fashion designer and am doing part time in unilag... It Dd not stop each other be wise bro �
like I mentioned your school let’s you live outside private schools don’t do that the one I applied for don’t do that even if your leg is broken
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by AcademicWriter: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
From that kindergarten dci him shape going enough businesseses for his businesseses dci. You knowing.Na marketing.. So, check my profile if you need help with your dissertation, thesis or assignment.
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Freelane33(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
If I am in your shoe . This is what I will do . I won’t leave my job and I won’t take the admission and I will also keep one eye open like cbs on my booming business . Infact I’ll still be in my parents house till I’m 28 . First of all . I’ll make sure you I start saving , serious saving that can get me out of the country either to school or for permanent residence .I’ll make sure I train one of my siblings what I’m doing so that by the time I leave , he or she will take over the studio ( it’s better to loose on the inside than on the outside ) . Leaving your job and your business for school activities in Nigeria doesnt worth it because millions of graduates are out there with no means of livelihood . Leaving your job and business ( with a sibling ) for greener pasture ( abroad ) either to school or work is 100 percent profitable than doing such in Nigeria
Joeboy4ever:
Hey guys

Edit: I forgot to mention my personal studio is packed with expensive camera gears and cameras like the eos r mark ii and just top tier photography gears. Would leaving all these in a strangers hands be wise

Edit2: pls guys those saying I should work and also school the school I applied for is a private uni like convenant that dosent allow students live outside school plus with their dress code of only blazers and tie to class, so the option of me schooling and working is not going to see the light of day

2 Likes

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Why cant you just appy for a part-time study in a fed university,so you can still work and hustle .No be by private uni o
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by AfroKnight: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
You can combine schooling with photography but it depends on the course of study.

Please do not leave your studio in the hands of anyone without frequent supervision. Visit your office at least 3 times a week and at random. Make sure you speak with your staff EVERYDAY.

Edit:
Since your school won’t give you the freedom to live off campus then you should change your school or switch to part-time. Your business must not suffer.

If you resign from work, state clearly in your letter that you are going to university. You would have a friendly face there if you decide to rejoin the media house in future.

3 Likes

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
AfroKnight:
You can combine schooling with photography but it depends on the course of study.

Please do not leave your studio in the hands of anyone without frequent supervision. Visit your office at least 3 times a week and at random. Make sure you speak with your staff EVERYDAY.

Edit:
Since your school won’t give you the freedom to live off campus then you should change your school or switch to part-time. Your business must not suffer.

If you resign from work, state clearly in your letter that you are going to university. You would have a friendly face there if you decide to rejoin the media house in future.
alright thanks for tip sir but changing uni again late at this time is practically if no use cause I changed from a government uni to this private for computer science n that course won’t give me time atall to focus on the job
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by AfroKnight: 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
alright thanks for tip sir but changing uni again late at this time is practically if no use cause I changed from a government uni to this private for computer science n that course won’t give me time atall to focus on the job

If you are facing a choice between schooling in a private university and running a business that you say is booming, then, by all means, choose your business. Scale up until you can afford to let others run the business for you. In the beginning, a business is a jealous lover. You must give it your all in the early stages.

2 Likes

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by missyojo(f): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
OP, let me advice you as a brother. Don't quit your job instead apply for study leave without pay in your organisation if they accept something like that there. Whenever school is on break you will go back to your job and continue while you leave your studio in the hands of your employee to manage for you while you are in school.
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
missyojo:
OP, let me advice you as a brother. Don't quit your job instead apply for study leave without pay in your organisation if they accept something like that there. Whenever school is on break you will go back to your job and continue while you leave your studio in the hands of your employee to manage for you while you are in school.
so I’d just leave the whole studio for an employee to manage, so what if he runs it down without my notice or runs away with all my gear before I get back?
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by missyojo(f): 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
so I’d just leave the whole studio for an employee to manage, so what if he runs it down without my notice or runs away with all my gear before I get back?

Don't you have siblings that will monitor the place in your absence?
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
Why not apply for a part time education where you go for lectures in late afternoon or evening? You make enquiries to find out how it works in the university of your choice. Or you go for an online degree. The part time education works for many.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Jaydot01: 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
You can check some uni with part time programs or ODL(Open distance learning)
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by budaatum: 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
malcom1X:
Guy go school, run you business that has been booming lately. You're not going to spend much time in school, you can go to your biz after school.

Keep your eyes on your business, you can't let an employee run it forever while you do something else.

I agree wholely with this, Joe. Forgive me for putting it this way, but education is like sweeping. It will make your business run much cleaner than those run by the unschooled. You will be like Disney in the end.
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by budaatum: 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:

Take you gear to school with you. If you chose a related course of study, which I think you ought to, it will be an asset to your education and might be the start of your future massively huge company where you get to hire your equally educated coursemates.
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by frozen70(f): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
Hey guys

If you have opted for a part time study, all these issues would have been under your control
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Starz825(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
Hey guys

Sch can wait guy...
You can always go to school later...
Focus on your job and save more
You can always fulfill your mum's desires later...
No late comer for sch shitt
Ask odunlade, ask Jennifer...and the rest..
They all went to school later after making so much money....

Infact private sch will be the best for you then...

Make money, save money, establish your studio ....and go to school later...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Beautiful Am I? / Cute Yoruba Female Politicians With Glasses / Missed A Chance To Have Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.