Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! (1405 Views)

Elderly Advice Please / Please A Brother Needs Elderly Advice. / Wedding Pictures Of An Elderly Man With A Teenage Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by arthurwillia(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
Hey guys

I don’t know if this is the right thread for this but, I’ll still drop it tho.

The question is I’m 25 I work in a multimedia firm like nta and ait I’m what they call the camera guy, salary isint much but 100 a month, aside that I have my own photo studio where people come for thier wedding bookings and photo shoots I employed someone to manage that one while I work monthly I still go there most times and it’s been booming lately.
Now I still stay with my parents and I’m planing on moving out and getting my
Own apartment but I know it I’ll hurt my
Mom cause she’s still on to me to go to school and get my certificate first before working for anyone,

I’ve played deaf ears and it has worked for me, my question is do you guys suggest I forfeit my current job and take the admission cause I applied for a school and I was assured of getting in cause I have payed for everything myself but something about me going isint making me happy but I’m pushing it cause of my mom.

Like I said do I quite my job and take up the admission and leave my studio in the hands of an employee while I school or I should dead the school idea and move out the house to make my decision as a man.
The floor is opened for elderly people, pls no vulgar words thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention my personal studio is packed with expensive camera gears and cameras like the eos r mark ii and just top tier photography gears. Would leaving all these in a strangers hands be wise

Edit2: pls guys those saying I should work and also school the school I applied for is a private uni like convenant that dosent allow students live outside school plus with their dress code of only blazers and tie to class, so the option of me schooling and working is not going to see the light of day

Stay where you are run online school na abi? Which degree are you going for sef? If na useless course I fit curse you
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by In2systemsTech(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
Try national open university...
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
arthurwillia:

Stay where you are run online school na abi? Which degree are you going for sef? If na useless course I fit curse you
computer science
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
budaatum:

Take you gear to school with you. If you chose a related course of study, which I think you ought to, it will be an asset to your education and might be the start of your future massively huge company where you get to hire your equally educated coursemates.
me taking that to school would mean I loose the studio and kill the already blooming business, plus if I should go to school like everyone’s saying I know my mom would leave the bill on me to sort out and that’s part of what I’m avoiding, tuition fee is 450k per semester so imaging me doing that for 4 years after closing my studio and loosing my Job, even if I can run myself through school I’m not yet ready to loose both businesses
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by budaatum: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
me taking that to school would mean I loose the studio and kill the already blooming business, plus if I should go to school like everyone’s saying I know my mom would leave the bill on me to sort out and that’s part of what I’m avoiding, tuition fee is 450k per semester so imaging me doing that for 4 years after closing my studio and loosing my Job, even if I can run myself through school I’m not yet ready to loose both businesses

I know you are a smart person! Stubnorn, but smart, and you eventually see reason when patient. And I do not think anyone is telling you what school you must go to.

Education is the best investment you can make in yourself. It is the meaning of storing your wealth where the moths can not get at it, and is something you should be planning to do throughout your life as there will always be something new in your trade that it would profit you to learn.

You can find a school near your studio, and one that's even cheaper. Part time and long distance is also an option. The world, as they say, is your Disney. Make your hay now while the sun shines please, you this great to be person called Joe!

This is a secret I'm sharing with you. I am going back to school soon and my age is half of your's. Ehem.
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by arthurwillia(m): 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
computer science

That’s a 5 years course abi? And do they run online class? If they do opt for that, risk it

Well it all depends on you, do you see a career in computer science?
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
arthurwillia:

That’s a 5 years course abi? And do they run online class? If they do opt for that, risk it

Well it all depends on you, do you see a career in computer science?
yes I program most times and develop websites but I dropped it to focus on what’s earning me enough money, online classes or part time or open uni are the categories I’m considering right now,

But it won’t be this time cause it’s alright past to start applying I think
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2021
budaatum:

I know you are a smart person! Stubnorn, but smart, and you eventually see reason when patient. And I do not think anyone is telling you what school you must go to.

Education is the best investment you can make in yourself. It is the meaning of storing your wealth where the moths can not get at it, and is something you should be planning to do throughout your life as there will always be something new in your trade that it would profit you to learn.

You can find a school near your studio, and one that's even cheaper. Part time and long distance is also an option. The world, as they say, is your Disney. Make your hay now while the sun shines please, you this great to be person called Joe!

This is a secret I'm sharing with you. I am going back to school soon and my age is half of your's. Ehem.

I get your point sir, but options for a cheaper school won’t work for this windows cuase then I’d have to do change of institution and pray the school accepts me even without meeting their cut off marks, so it won’t work for now maybe till the next window
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by arthurwillia(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
yes I program most times and develop websites but I dropped it to focus on what’s earning me enough money, online classes or part time or open uni are the categories I’m considering right now,

But it won’t be this time cause it’s alright past to start applying I think

Better to look at open universities or if you are a risk taker go to the normal university
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by budaatum: 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
I get your point sir, but options for a cheaper school won’t work for this windows cuase then I’d have to do change of institution and pray the school accepts me even without meeting their cut off marks, so it won’t work for now maybe till the next window

So, you are already in school and are asking if you should drop out or not?

My response, Joe, is you are far too intelligent not to know what is the best thing that you ought to do.

Please know that learning or improving a skill, is school too. The important thing is that you educate yourself always.
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Jhustmie1: 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
like I mentioned your school let’s you live outside private schools don’t do that the one I applied for don’t do that even if your leg is broken
D admission is quite easy lately jst buy form ND apply days all... Wat state AR u?
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Originalsly: 8:03am On Oct 04, 2021
Parents do not always know best... especially when it comes to planning for the future in terms of career. I'm almost sure your mother doesn't care what you study.... in her mind her son is a nobody if he is not a graduate.... doesn't matter how big your studio becomes ... even if it is the go to studios for celebrities... you need to understand her mentality. If it is you want to please her.... take the easiest and shortest online course ... preferably from abroad. That will make her happy... to know her son is a graduate from an abroad university.
Schooling.....now going forward.... schooling as we know it is moving away from classrooms to online... remote everything.... why pay for a boarding university when at the end of the day the degree is.not widely recognized? ....and how exactly would that help you get up in life?
Bro... you have a studio... you have invested much in it.... follow your dream ... you have to be there or things will fall apart. Any schooling ... it should relate to your business ... either to learn new techniques to be ahead of competitors or Business Administration to better manage your business. You are an entrepreneur... self employed ... doing well and better with time... why jeopardize all your gains by putting your business in the hands of someone else while you run off to school to be certified in order to work for someone else?
Lastly .... didn't Davido's parents want the same for him? ... to be a graduate? ... look where he is now?... after following his dream. What is yours? .... to have a successful studio?... or to do whatever mama says? The choice is yours... over to you.

1 Like

Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by Joeboy4ever(m): 9:39am On Oct 04, 2021
Originalsly:
Parents do not always know best... especially when it comes to planning for the future in terms of career. I'm almost sure your mother doesn't care what you study.... in her mind her son is a nobody if he is not a graduate.... doesn't matter how big your studio becomes ... even if it is the go to studios for celebrities... you need to understand her mentality. If it is you want to please her.... take the easiest and shortest online course ... preferably from abroad. That will make her happy... to know her son is a graduate from an abroad university.
Schooling.....now going forward.... schooling as we know it is moving away from classrooms to online... remote everything.... why pay for a boarding university when at the end of the day the degree is.not widely recognized? ....and how exactly would that help you get up in life?
Bro... you have a studio... you have invested much in it.... follow your dream ... you have to be there or things will fall apart. Any schooling ... it should relate to your business ... either to learn new techniques to be ahead of competitors or Business Administration to better manage your business. You are an entrepreneur... self employed ... doing well and better with time... why jeopardize all your gains by putting your business in the hands of someone else while you run off to school to be certified in order to work for someone else?
Lastly .... didn't Davido's parents want the same for him? ... to be a graduate? ... look where he is now?... after following his dream. What is yours? .... to have a successful studio?... or to do whatever mama says? The choice is yours... over to you.
thanks, all love
Re: Elderly Advice Urgently Needed!! by aktolly54(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
Joeboy4ever:
Hey guys

I don’t know if this is the right thread for this but, I’ll still drop it tho.

The question is I’m 25 I work in a multimedia firm like nta and ait I’m what they call the camera guy, salary isint much but 100 a month, aside that I have my own photo studio where people come for thier wedding bookings and photo shoots I employed someone to manage that one while I work monthly I still go there most times and it’s been booming lately.
Now I still stay with my parents and I’m planing on moving out and getting my
Own apartment but I know it I’ll hurt my
Mom cause she’s still on to me to go to school and get my certificate first before working for anyone,

I’ve played deaf ears and it has worked for me, my question is do you guys suggest I forfeit my current job and take the admission cause I applied for a school and I was assured of getting in cause I have payed for everything myself but something about me going isint making me happy but I’m pushing it cause of my mom.

Like I said do I quite my job and take up the admission and leave my studio in the hands of an employee while I school or I should dead the school idea and move out the house to make my decision as a man.
The floor is opened for elderly people, pls no vulgar words thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention my personal studio is packed with expensive camera gears and cameras like the eos r mark ii and just top tier photography gears. Would leaving all these in a strangers hands be wise

Edit2: pls guys those saying I should work and also school the school I applied for is a private uni like convenant that dosent allow students live outside school plus with their dress code of only blazers and tie to class, so the option of me schooling and working is not going to see the light of day
try get 2 people at that your studio who will monitor activity going there and how much they charge/pay then you pay them salary and still control your business. I can help you get someone who can pledge his loyalty to you with bible or anything you want. The guy will do things with one mind, so far both of you reach agreement before he take the job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Pregnant Woman Was Caught On Camera Imploring A Married Woman To Let Her Sleep / Missed A Chance To Have Sex? / What Is Bad In This Chat!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.