Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Starting To Feel Insecure - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Starting To Feel Insecure (947 Views)

I Feel Insecure In My Marriage / Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother / My Wife Is Too Insecure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting To Feel Insecure by SimpleGuy001: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
Beginning to feel somehow this days, and it’s majorly because of my height.

So I just turned 21 this year July and then I discovered I’m 5”5 in height.

I’m not really into girls for now, but then when I’m ready for the relationship stuffs I don’t think I can approach ladies cause I think I might be at a disadvantage because of my height.

I do get ladies that are attracted to me in school, I believe that’s because I’m fair and intelligent. Top 1% of my class, just graduated with a very good result too.

But I think it just ends there, I kind of feel bad about my height.

For those who will say I should go make money, that isn’t my problem now because I’m doing quite good financially for a 21 year old. The issue now is how to improve my confidence because I feel I’m at a disadvantage when I’m ready to go into a relationship.

Is it even possible to add a couple of inches before 25? embarassed
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Bornsinner7: 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
Since when did height become a requirement for a relationship?
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by SimpleGuy001: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Since when did height become a requirement for a relationship?

Don’t you know most ladies prefer taller guys?
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Bornsinner7: 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

Don’t you know most ladies prefer taller guys?
Most ladies prefer guys with fat pocket
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
I'm 27 years, 5'5ft tall, and my confident is over the roof.

My friend... Achieve, be and important an respected personality, and watch everyone worship you.

Doubt me?

Check out Wizkid, Lyta, etc..
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Lawlab249: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by SimpleGuy001: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2021
HenryDion:
I'm 27 years, 5'5ft tall, and my confident is over the roof.

My friend... Achieve, be and important an respected personality, and watch everyone worship you.

Doubt me?

Check out Wizkid, Lyta, etc..

True sha.
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
E go hard small, make I no lie give you.

Let's be realistic. Girls are naturally attracted to tall guys especially when the are average height.
Only very tall girls consider short men and we hardly have such tall girls around these as most Nigerian girls are average or short.

As for me, im easily put off by short heighted men.

I remember the day I had a blind date. Never knew he was short.
So I got there before him. The place was a glass house. So i could see all that was happening outside at the parking lot.

I saw a powerful car park and was expecting the huge guy I've been seeing in photos. He just jumped out of his car, piam!. If not for his face, I wouldn't have believed my eyes but there he was. My heart sank and I was like " chai! Back to square one".

Las Las it didn't work.
I'm not saying this to spite you though.

Just be yourself. You'll find someone that likes you but maybe not someone you really like. Don't know if that makes sense.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
There's nothing wrong with your height, OP. Height is predominantly determined by genetics and by 18, it's set in stone, so at 21 now, there's nothing you can do about it than to accept it. You've to love and accept yourself yourself to attract the right girl who will, in turn, love and accept you.

2 Likes

Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Vision101(m): 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
Problem no dey finish. Others dey worry about more serious things this one dey worry about height when you are not a dwarf.

2 Likes

Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by SimpleGuy001: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mercychen:
E go hard small, make I no lie give you.

Let's be realistic. Girls are naturally attracted to tall guys especially when the are average height.
Only very tall girls consider short men and we hardly have such tall girls around these as most Nigerian girls are average or short.

As for me, im easily put off by short heighted men.

I remember the day I had a blind date. Never knew he was short.
So I got there before him. The place was a glass house. So i could see all that was happening outside at the parking lot.

I saw a powerful car park and was expecting the huge guy I've been seeing in photos. He just jumped out of his car, piam!. If not for his face, I wouldn't have believed my eyes but there he was. My heart sank and I was like " chai! Back to square one".

Las Las it didn't work.
I'm not saying this to spite you though.

Just be yourself. You'll find someone that likes you but maybe not someone you really like. Don't know if that makes sense.

It is well.

Oh well........... thanks anyway
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by 1F30M4(f): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
In line with InTheCloudySky, there's really nothing you can do about your height dear OP.. Please try to be at peace with yourself, know your worth, develop a healthy self-esteem, it won't be easy but it'd do you alot of good.. There will be disappointments, rejections and all that, yeah it'll hurt like sh1t but even that is pretty normal.. Quite certain that in the end you'll have a very big smile on your face just looking back on this someday.

1 Like

Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by kpolli(m): 4:54am On Oct 05, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

I’m not really into girls for now, but then when I’m ready for the relationship stuffs I don’t think I can approach ladies cause I think I might be at a disadvantage because of my height.

I do get ladies that are attracted to me in school, I believe that’s because I’m fair and intelligent. Top 1% of my class, just graduated with a very good result too.

For those who will say I should go make money, that isn’t my problem now because I’m doing quite good financially for a 21 year old. The issue now is how to improve my confidence because I feel I’m at a disadvantage when I’m ready to go into a relationship.

Wait, you just discovered you are 5"5; what did you think before?
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by SimpleGuy001: 7:47am On Oct 05, 2021
kpolli:

Wait, you just discovered you are 5"5; what did you think before?

Like I said, it never really bothered me. I just became conscious of it, that has passed anyway.

1 Like

Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by kpolli(m): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

Like I said, it never really bothered me. I just became conscious of it, that has passed anyway.

If it didn't bother you then it shouldn't bother you now. You didn't pick your height, there are shorter people in the opposite sex. They'll still love you.
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by SimpleGuy001: 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
kpolli:

If it didn't bother you then it shouldn't bother you now. You didn't pick your height, there are shorter people in the opposite sex. They'll still love you.

Nevermind, I’m over it. Thanks
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Jimbadly: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
5'5 chai! You're even shorter than Messi who's 5'7.

Start taking growth hormone.
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by frozen70(f): 3:09am On Oct 06, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

You are not a dwarf, yet your height is a thing of worries to you

Since you said that you have good brain and good result, use that talent to cover up for your height

You should be more concerned on how to love a woman and be good on bed, not about a height that has no impact in love affair

Or are you equally short down there?

1 Like

Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by Richy4(m): 4:31am On Oct 06, 2021
That should not be a problem for u... Some tall people sometimes feel they wish they will not be singled out as being tall... short people feel hmmm!! How I wish I was as tall as Mr ABC... That's just life....

Adams Oshomole should be your mentor or watch word... if I remembered correctly, he is not too tall, He's not extremely handsome, yet he married one of the prettiest lady in the world.. So rethink, calm down..

I might be wrong but I thought that not too tall people got the biggest ego in the world smiley...

1 Like

Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by SimpleGuy001: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2021
frozen70:

You are not a dwarf, yet your height is a thing of worries to you

Since you said that you have good brain and good result, use that talent to cover up for your height

You should be more concerned on how to love a woman and be good on bed, not about a height that has no impact in love affair

Or are you equally short down there?

grin grin Funny at the bolded. Thanks anyway, I’m over it. More important things to focus on for now.
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by SimpleGuy001: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2021
Richy4:
That should not be a problem for u... Some tall people sometimes feel they wish they will not be singled out as being tall... short people feel hmmm!! How I wish I was as tall as Mr ABC... That's just life....

Adams Oshomole should be your mentor or watch word... if I remembered correctly, he is not too tall, He's not extremely handsome, yet he married one of the prettiest lady in the world.. So rethink, calm down..

I might be wrong but I thought that not too tall people got the biggest ego in the world smiley...

Thanks
Re: Starting To Feel Insecure by frozen70(f): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

grin grin Funny at the bolded. Thanks anyway, I’m over it. More important things to focus on for now.

Exactly ❗

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please What Advice Can You Give To A Friend Going Through This From His Wife / Groom Seen Playing Virtual Bet While His Wife Danced At Wedding Reception (video / What Is The Different From Marriage And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.