Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property (5531 Views)

My Parent Is Having Too Much Sex...help! / My Wife Changed All Our Property Documents In Nigeria To Hers, Plans To Kill Me / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Acidosis(m): 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
mariahAngel:

Nwanne’m, a maghi’m ooo! grin

O kan sele ba yen. grin

grin I need to see your teacher o.

O'n se ise takun takun

(make I bend if you understand this one) grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by mariahAngel(f): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

grin I need to see your teacher o.

O'n se ise takun takun

(make I bend if you understand this one) grin

Ko da ooo! cheesy

The takun takun part got me. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Acidosis(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ko da ooo! cheesy

The takun takun part got me. cheesy

grin grin I know right

You're doing well by the way. wink

1 Like

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by eyinjuege: 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
People really expect this couple to buy another piece of land and start another building ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na so e easy?
Maybe they've not even got a mortgage abroad yet and wanted to finish their property in Naija, so as to face getting one abroad squarely.
House wey dem don dey build for how many years, wey dem never even still complete?
It shows that money wasn't easy at all for them to raise.
So to advice them to go and start afresh, when things are probably like 5x more expensive now than when the husband first got the land and they started the buidling cry. Chai.
May we not lose all we have labored for
E dey pain o.

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by mariahAngel(f): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

grin grin I know right

You're doing well by the way. wink

E se. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Oladeji245(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
ikennamadu1:
You be wicked woman ... Allah , you deserve no place in that family
walai..oloriburuku ni ee.. gbabeee
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Oladeji245(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Aunty a House her son build na you build am ? Whaaat now I believe witchcraft are in stages. I feel for your hubby seriously.
a won oloshii poo nii nairaland shaa
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Danjikanbauchi: 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oladeji245:

a won oloshii poo nii nairaland shaa
what ever you bring use your head carry am. undecided
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Darkerberry: 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
I just believe e get way wey your husband dey talk ham with them wey still allow them go on to move into the house without his own consent at least.. or probably you guys have built one or more houses before that where you do stay whenever you come around since you said you guys do visit home regularly.
But since the deed is already done esp after reading ur husbands other thread too, here is my piece.. just let go, trust me you don’t wanna start some war with ur F n M IL, let him handle it to the best of his manliness. God go bless una, una go build an even bigger house and indirectly you have helped him achieve a dream you both can be proud of n hopefully with time l, together u can work towards making the Favor go the other way too as compensation to u..
Shalom

1 Like

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Darkerberry: 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
eyinjuege:
People really expect this couple to buy another piece of land and start another building ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na so e easy?
Maybe they've not even got a mortgage abroad yet and wanted to finish their property in Naija, so as to face getting one abroad squarely.
House wey dem don dey build for how many years, wey dem never even still complete?
It shows that money wasn't easy at all for them to raise.
So to advice them to go and start afresh, when things are probably like 5x more expensive now than when the husband first got the land and they started the buidling cry. Chai.
May we not lose all we have labored for
E dey pain o.

But what do you suggest they should do??
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by being(m): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
Your husband also created a thread about the same issue today. I'd like to approach this from the standpoint of this is family-- not just family but your parents (forget they are parents-IN-LAW). Parents who went through a lot financially, psychologically & otherwise to raise you.. You should be willing to cut them some slack!!!
Yes you feel they should have just rented a house since you gave them the money, you feel they are taking over your sweat. But since they are parents , give them the leeway esp as you are not coming back to Nigeria. Your husband can build another house which has to be in both your names. Or he can choose to refund most of your contributions to this current one. Either way do not cast them in bad light before your husband at all!! Be d one to advise him to be cool, calm with them. Even if you don't get your share of the money back, you have your husband's solid respect and you are not homeless either. I believe you have nothing (of real worth) to lose by not rooting for them to leave.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by frozen70(f): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2021
Solatpumpkim:
My husband has an uncomplicated house before we got married. After we got married he moved to the UK and we continue building the house while his Dad goes there to supervise.
One day his parent said their landlord ask them to move out of their rented apartment and they will like to move to our house.
My husband told them they can’t as they house is still under construction and we are building it for our own personal use. He even went ahead to let them know that the money used to built the house is not just his but both his and his wife’s money, so they can not move there.
We gave them money to rent another apartment.
We kept asking when they will move, but they said they will and keep procrastinating the moving date.
We got a call from them today saying that they have moved to our house.
What do I do in this situation?

Since your husband already started the house before getting married to you, pls take it easy

Since you have been contributing to the building project since he got married to you and he has informed his parents that your money is there, they are already aware now, pls take it easy with them

The best option is for your husband to bring you over to UK

You did not marry in that family to drag property with them

Save your life
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Klass99(f): 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by cayorday89(m): 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheeDetective:
So you are referring to your MIL and FIL as being insensitive right? undecided

ok lets see if your husband will be happy to hear that you his wife is referring to his parents as being insensitive.

I will be tranferring this your comment to his own thread for him to see how his wife is referring to his parents.

Oga no dey do emotional blackmail, why not ask yourself what you will do if you find yourself in such situation if your in-law take over your house built by you and your partner, I don't care what your answer will be as you are entitled to what works best for you... Na so my papa do, today now he is retired and his house in the village is been taken over by his brother's children renting it out at will while he is still alive, my mother will tell him then but he will always say otherwise, now to chase them na heavenly task, they rent out and he will later call tenants to pay subsequent rentage to him and not them... None of his children can even point to the house that this is our father's house, so in his absence sef, nothing wey we fit do.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Oluchia(f): 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheeDetective:
I repeat; let's see what her husband has to say.

And what exactly do you intend to gain by this undecided undecided To cause quarrel between the couple Human beings sef.
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Beninwitch: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
cooooooks:
These aren't self respecting parents.

That means they basically STOLE the money you guys gave them to rent a house.

What does your husband want to do about this?

It may be difficult to remove them without you and hubby fully moving into the house.

In fact eh! The thing just amazes me. Why will they move in without approval. It is not proper at all. They are laying claims.
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by Corporate2020: 11:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Solatpumpkim:
My husband has an uncomplicated house before we got married. After we got married he moved to the UK and we continue building the house while his Dad goes there to supervise.
One day his parent said their landlord ask them to move out of their rented apartment and they will like to move to our house.
My husband told them they can’t as they house is still under construction and we are building it for our own personal use. He even went ahead to let them know that the money used to built the house is not just his but both his and his wife’s money, so they can not move there.
We gave them money to rent another apartment.
We kept asking when they will move, but they said they will and keep procrastinating the moving date.
We got a call from them today saying that they have moved to our house.
What do I do in this situation?

As you are pushing your simp husband to do to his parents, so also will your children do to you.

A real man should never ever discuss his parents with his untrained wife
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by CanadianNaija: 11:01am On Oct 07, 2021
teemy:
@Solatpumpkim, a friend and I have been following your thread since morning and I feel it is time I talked on this. I have also made several assumptions that I believe to be true.

Depending on the exposure and mindset, parents especially African parents might not live to the expectations of enlightened folks and sometimes, society tells us to suck it up. I talk to my sons, I say please, sorry, and thanks when appropriate. Sometimes, we come to terms on some agreements which garners trust that both sides have to keep. Unfortunately, your hubby might not be accorded such regard as seen from the write-up of the two of you. Managing the current scenario lies in both your hands.

That house which I assume is in the village (based on you guys want it to be the place you will land in when you come around) is gone. I reiterate G.O.N.E. Cococandy hinted that with the visit of a few family members at intervals and a stay now and then, even the authority of who lodges will totally be in the hands of your FIL. That house is now a family house. Almost no one in that village will hear any story in the court of public opinion. The words of some people here on NL is enough to let you see the mind of our 'exposed' brethren talkless of the village where it is expected that children do things for their parents.

I can deduce hubby sending money to FIL for the house building will also include money for papa and mama (considering that even the money fo the next house rent was borne by him). In all honesty, having someone decide what they want to do with your property could be painful but any attempt to force them out will even turn your hubby against you especially it being a thing of shame to him if it becomes a rowdy public affair and in the protection of ego, common sense finds its way out. The only other option left to you will be to collect your invested funds but I will tell you straight up that doing that will be a huge mistake and I will explain that in a moment.

It will be the beginning of friction in your marriage as you will not want to combine funds with him on any future projects. That trust would be gone and despite you being in the right, he will hold it against you in a way and this could find its way in future dealings (coming from a divorcee). Trust me, you have many more years ahead of you guys than to let money at this infant stage of your marriage together split you. I know I have no moral right to tell you to leave it as it is obvious it is a huge cost you guys to even get the house to this stage (he has been building it before you got married, you both contributed to it and it is yet to be 100 completed.) I do plead with you, I implore you to not ask it of him. If he wishes it, let him be the one to offer it and even at that, not collecting it will be a deposit that you will always earn interest on.

The rest, I leave to you.

Wishing you well - Teemy

Just one question.
Would you give this same advise to the husband if he came here and said his wife’s parents moved into a house that he and she contributed financially for without telling her.
Would you also tell him to forget the money and not let friction enter their marriage?

Their house is also not in the village by the way, what from the both of them have written, it's in the city. They pay rent for her husband's parents.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by teemy(m): 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
CanadianNaija:

Just one question.
Would you give this same advise to the husband if he came here and said his wife’s parents moved into a house that he and she contributed financially for without telling her.
Would you also tell him to forget the money and not let friction enter their marriage?

Their house is also not in the village by the way, what from the both of them have written, it's in the city. They pay rent for her husband's parents.

I did drop something for the hubby on his thread. I just do not want to link to it here.

check http://nairaland.com/teemy/posts. The one just after the post one you quoted.
Re: My Husband Parent Is About Taking Our Property by perryy(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Acidosis:

And na one unfortunate woman go still marry this thing like this??

Eh God. Women dey try o. Some of you are better off marrying a calabash because who marry this one I quoted is gone gone gone grin

Keep quiet. My wife is enjoying her marriage as I am a very straight forward man. I won't side my mum or my wife , I will always do the right or tell the truth. I'm a pragmatic fellow who doesn't pander to emotions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

* / "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why / Inter-religious Relationships/marriages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.