Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity (3673 Views)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video) / Apostle Suleman Forgives Offenders To Mark 50th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross is like that for us. When a person receives his gift of forgiveness, condemnation for all sin just rolls right off — past, present, and future! It has nothing to do with the material of the person who is coated by Jesus’ forgiveness, but has everything to do with the perfection of what they are coated with — the blood and righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Let handle this first before I look at the other once

I want to breakdown Ezekiel 18:24. This is a verse that few people have used to belittle God's ultimate power

, saying it proves that God does not forgive future sins and there is no forever saved principle even if when we place our faith in Christ,
that God only forgives past sins. They contended that this verse clearly shows how a believer in Christ could lose their salvation if they turn away from righteousness toward wickedness. Let’s look into it.

Here’s the verse in question.

“But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.” (Ezekiel 18:24 NKJV)

The assertion is that this verse proves that if a saved believer in Christ turns to a lifestyle of sin and wickedness, acting no differently than the unsaved, then that person’s prior righteousness will not be remembered. He will die in his sins and suffer eternal punishment in hell. This then proves that when we place our faith in Christ, only the sins that we’ve committed up to that point are forgiven. Future sins could still send us to hell if we turn from following Christ and live a lifestyle of wickedness.

Well, this assertion is actually fairly easy to disprove.

First, Ezekiel 18:24 says absolutely nothing about eternal judgment. It is talking about physical death, that if those who were once righteous turn to wickedness, then they will not live out their full lives but will die before their time. There is no language whatsoever in this verse to indicate that such a person is being eternally judged. The verse just says they will die.

This becomes abundantly clear when we look at the Hebrew text. The Hebrew word for “die” in this verse is the word “muwth.” It means, “to die (as penalty), be put to death,” “to die prematurely (by neglect of wise moral conduct).” This verse is speaking about physical death, not about the eternal judgment of that person.

Second, if you think this verse also means that the person will be eternally condemned, then you have a problem, because you would have to apply that same standard to verse 21, which would contradict clear teaching on salvation. Verse 21 is very similar and says this:

“But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.” (Ezekiel 18:21 NKJV)

So if you say that the righteous person who turned to wickedness was eternally judged and sent to hell, then you also have to say this wicked person who turned to righteousness will be eternally saved. But is that the case

Now
How is a person saved, by faith or by obeying the Law? We are saved by faith in Christ alone, not by obeying the Law or our own works of righteousness.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)

Yet Ezekiel 18:21 says all who obey the Law will live. If this verse is talking about eternal salvation, then it teaches that the way to be saved is to obey the law. That directly contradicts what Paul said to the Ephesians, what Jesus said in John 3, and a whole host of other verses about faith in Christ being the means of salvation.

Therefore, Ezekiel 18:21 cannot be referring to eternal salvation, just as verse 24 is not talking about eternal condemnation. The message of both verses in Ezekiel 18 is the same and it is the plain reading of the text:

If you want to live out your full life as a blessing from God and not be put to physical death early, then pursue righteousness and not wickedness.

So neither of these verses in Ezekiel 18 are talking about eternal judgment. They’re talking about physical death.

Does this then mean that a saved believer who turns to unrepentant wickedness will still be saved?

YES, 100%! But note knowing this principles won't lead the saved man to live in sin because Jesus actually has taken care of sin for sin shall not have dominion over you

Back to this principle
Does this then mean that a saved believer who turns to unrepentant wickedness will still be saved?

YES, 100%!

And we have proof of that in Scripture.
In 1 Corinthians 5, Paul speaks of a saved believer who was engaging in wickedness, having an ongoing sexual relationship with his mother-in-law, and was totally unrepentant. What was Paul’s response? He judged the person and decided:

“To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, THAT THE SPIRIT MAY BE SAVED in the day of the Lord Jesus.” (1 Corinthians 5:5 KJV)

This unrepentant believer would die early, before his time, just as Ezekiel 18 says will happen to those who turn to wickedness, but he would still be saved. How could that be when he was unrepentant? Because salvation is based on our faith in Christ alone and the moment we place our faith in Christ, all sins (past, present and future) are forgiven. We are eternally saved.

Our salvation is a free gift from God. It does not depend on our own works of repentance from sin. Repenting from sin could not save you to begin with and it cannot keep you saved. The only thing that saves is faith in Christ. That is why Christ is referred to as a stumbling block. People stumble over Him because they think that they have to do something to earn their salvation. “I promise, God, I will repent of all sins and never sin again.” Good luck with that. No!

Since Christ is the Perfect Sacrifice, when we place our faith in Him, ALL SINS (past, present and future) are immediately wiped from our record. I can’t say it enough: Salvation is not based on our behavior but on faith in Christ.

Salvation is not earned. It is a free gift. Therefore, even the most unrighteous, unrepentant person, the thief on the cross for example, will still be saved solely because he has faith in Christ. That is why the message of the cross is called, “The Gospel.” The word “gospel” means “good news.” The good news is that no matter what you’ve done or how badly you’ve messed up your life, God is willing to forgive you and grant you eternal life. All you have to do is believe that God sent His Son, Jesus, to die in your place, to pay your debt of sin for you.

In Colossians 2, Paul said that when we place our faith in Christ, all sins are forgiven, not just the past sins up to that point. Our record before God is wiped clean.

“And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This He set aside, nailing it to the cross.” (Colossians 2:13-14 ESV)

The moment you place your faith in Christ, believing that His death on the cross was for you, that He took the punishment you deserve because of your debt of sin to God and that His blood paid for your sins, that very moment, all sins are forgiven, forever. That is why the writer of Hebrews says that Christ sat down at the right hand of the Father, because He offered the perfect sacrifice and no more sacrifice was needed.

To further prove that all sins are forgiven when we place our faith in Christ (past, present and future sins), Paul goes on to say that when we believe in Jesus, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption, GUARANTEEING our salvation. Paul says it three times:

“In Him (Jesus) you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory.” (Ephesians 1:13-14 ESV)

“And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30 KJV)

How can we grieve the Holy Spirit? By sinning. But notice here that even when we sin, we remain sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption.

“Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, GUARANTEEING what is to come.” (2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NIV)

Notice here that it is God Who keeps us in this faith and secures us, not our own repentance or obedience. This same thought is echoed in the book of Jude.

“Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” (Jude 1:24-25 KJV)

If it is God Who makes us stand firm in Christ and it is God Who keeps us from falling, then you cannot lose your salvation. It’s not up to you to repent of sins day after day to keep yourself saved. All your sins were nailed to the cross. After we’re saved, repenting of sins daily is definitely something we should do, but that has nothing to do with salvation, only maintaining our fellowship with God.

For all those who think that you still need to repent of sins daily to keep your salvation, let me ask you: Have you repented of ALL sins? No, you haven’t. None of us have. There are sins we are not even aware of or have forgotten about, that only a Perfect God can see. But thanks be to God, because Christ offered the Perfect Sacrifice, sealed us with His Perfect Holy Spirit, and keeps us secure by His power until the day of salvation.

So, bottom line, Ezekiel 18 has nothing to do with someone losing salvation. As believers, we still face the consequence of sin in this life, including possibly losing our lives early due to sin. But for those who trust in Christ, eternal judgment of sin was dealt with completely at the cross. Jesus put it this way:

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” (John 5:24 KJV)

God is not waiting until the end of our lives to determine if we’re saved. Eternal salvation, everlasting life, starts the moment you believe in Jesus.

If you are still unsure of this, I’ve done two other videos that might help: One on the sureness of our salvation

God would welcome you into heaven, I urge you to make your commitment to Jesus secure right now. This world is crumbling apart, which is a sign that Jesus is coming very, very soon. Don’t put this off any longer.

Here’s a prayer for salvation that you can pray. But keep in mind that a prayer does not save you. You are saved only when you place your trust in Jesus alone, believing in your heart that He died to pay your debt of sin to God and that He rose from the dead to show you the eternal life that He offers. This prayer, then, is just a way of formalizing that decision, putting a stake in the ground, saying that you are trusting in Him and never going back. If that’s what you would like to do, please pray with me:

“Lord, I have sinned and I need you to save me. I believe that Your Son Jesus died on the cross to pay for my sins and that He rose from the dead to show us the new eternal life You have for us. I believe solely in Jesus to save me, that He paid my debt of sin 100%. Please forgive my sins and save me now, Lord, according to your promises. In Jesus Name.”

After this it now up to God to decide to save you because it not of works least any man should boast

God decides according to his own purpose and plans

You can not be saved unless God Himself draws you towards himself

Glory amen

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2021
Each time I see this new mystery of salvation I shout in my heart oh the depth of God how his ways are so pure how his path is past finding out

Oh oh oh the depth of his mercy

Mercy brought us to God

God brought us to God
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
No one can buy God's love or God's mercy

That is why it is free gift because it not based on what you have done

Rather based on what Jesus has done
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by ochibuogwu5: 2:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
Please, your teachings contradict the teachings of Jesus Christ in John 8:31-35 when he was talking those who had believed in HIM thus "anyone who commits sin is a slave unto sin and a slave does not have a permanent position in the household (family of God/kingdom of God)"

You also contradict the reality of Galatians 2:17 "Is Christ is a minister/manifest or of sin"

How can Christ in your new creation life be manifesting sin ?

You also contradict the capacity of Christ at work both to will and to do of His good pleasures (Phil.2:12-13) keeping the believer unstained in this sinful world from one degree of glory to a higher degree of glory by the working of His Holy Spirit. (2 Cor.3:17-18)

You also contradict the reality that the old testament/covenant life of God was able to keep 7000 people unstained much more this new covenant life of Christ according to Romans 11.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
Please, your teachings contradict the teachings of Jesus Christ in John 8:31-35 when he was talking those who had believed in HIM thus "anyone who commits sin is a slave unto sin and a slave does not have a permanent position in the household (family of God/kingdom of God)"

You also contradict the reality of Galatians 2:17 "Is Christ is a minister/manifest or of sin"

You also contradict the capacity of Christ at work both to will and to do of His good pleasures (Phil.2:12-13) keeping the believer unstained in this sinful world from one degree of glory to a higher degree of glory by the working of His Holy Spirit. (2 Cor.3:17-18)

You also contradict the reality that the old testament/covenant life of God was able to keep 7000 people unstained much more this new covenant life of Christ according to Romans 11.

Don't worry I will explain all those scriptures you pointed out and show you what Bible is actually saying hold on
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

John 8:34, NIV: "Jesus replied, 'Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."

John 8:34, ESV: "Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin."

What does John 8:34 mean?

Here Jesus uses the phrase translated as "truly, truly," or "very truly." This is from a doubled use of the Aramaic word amēn. Used at the end of a statement, as many cultures do in prayer even today, it suggests a hope that the words will be fulfilled, or that they are true. Used at the beginning of a statement, it is a claim to absolute, original, first-hand knowledge.

It's important to realize what Christ is saying here, and what He is not saying. Earlier, Jesus claimed to be the one and only source of spiritual truth, and that those who accepted Him would be set free from the enslavement of sin (John 7:37–38; John 8:12). Without question, Jesus is pointing out that sin is a mark of following darkness, instead of His light (1 John 1:5-10). Sin, by definition, means choosing earthly, worldly things over heavenly things.

What Jesus is not saying is that all sin, at all times, should be interpreted to mean that the sinner has no relationship to Christ. The Greek of this phrase makes this nuance much easier to understand than any English translation.

The exact phrasing used is pas ho poiōn ho hamartia doulos ho hamartia.

Literally, this means "everyone who keeps practicing sin is a slave of sin."

In other words, Jesus is now speaking of a habitual, persistent sin. Those who are free in Christ may stumble into darkness, but they do not perpetually "walk" in it (John 8:12).

ochibuogwu5:

when he was talking those who had believed in HIM thus "anyone who commits sin is a slave unto sin and a slave does not have a permanent position in the household (family of God/kingdom of God)

What Jesus is not saying is that all sin, at all times, should be interpreted to mean that the sinner has no relationship to Christ. The Greek of this phrase makes this nuance much easier to understand than any English translation. The exact phrasing used is pas ho poiōn ho hamartia doulos ho hamartia. Literally, this means "everyone who keeps practicing sin is a slave of sin." In other words, Jesus is now speaking of a habitual, persistent sin. Those who are free in Christ may stumble into darkness, but they do not perpetually "walk" in it (John 8:12).

ochibuogwu5 note if Jesus was saying that once you belong to me that means once Jesus saves you then you go back to sin that it means you are now Satan slave then you repent and come back then you become my slave then ochibuogwu5

Ask yourself will that cycle stop because it will be daily thing because you and I know that we have sins that is uncountable and sin which you did not even know that you had done

But no that is not what Jesus is saying here because

12 ¶ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Once Jesus saves you you no longer walk in darkness forever glory to God

Everyone is a slave in the spiritual sense. We are either slaves to sin, which is our natural state, or we are slaves to Christ. The writers of the New Testament willingly declared their status as slaves of Christ. Paul opens his letter to the Romans by referring to himself as a “slave of Jesus Christ” (Romans 1:1) and his letter to Titus by calling himself a “slave of God” (Titus 1:1). James opens his epistle the same way, “James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ” (James 1:1). Most translations say “servant” or “bond-servant” in these passages, but the Greek word doulas means, literally, “slave.”

In John 8:34 Jesus tells the unbelieving Pharisees, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.” He uses the analogy of a slave and his master to make the point that a slave obeys his master because he belongs to him. Slaves have no will of their own. They are literally in bondage to their masters. When sin is our master, we are unable to resist it. But, by the power of Christ to overcome the power of sin, “You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness” (Romans 6:18). Once we come to Christ in repentance and receive forgiveness for sin, we are empowered by the Holy Spirit forever the holy spirit who comes to live within us forever . It is by His power that we are able to resist sinning and become slaves of righteousness forever

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

Galatians 2:17, NIV: "But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn't that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not!"

Galatians 2:17, ESV: "But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not!"

ochibuogwu5:

one of the great verses in the Bible, Paul has declared outright that nobody can be justified—"declared righteous" before God—by the works of the law of Moses (Galatians 2:16). The only way anyone can ever be justified and made acceptable to God is by faith in the Christ who died to pay the penalty for our sins. Adding any other requirement to this gospel is false (Galatians 2:4) and worthy of condemnation (Galatians 1:8–9).

Now Paul begins to answer an objection from some of the critics of the gospel of Jesus: If God declares people righteous for free by faith in Christ, won't everyone just go on sinning? What motivation would anyone have to do what is right? Paul's accusers likely pointed to exactly what happened with Peter. When someone feels they are justified by faith in Christ, they eat unclean food with Gentiles! From the Judaizers' perspective, this was the definition of a sinful lifestyle.

Doesn't the idea of justification by faith in Christ turn Jesus into a servant of our sin? Paul answers harshly: Certainly not! May it never be! Absolutely not! He continues on to explain this position in the following verse.

###############################$
Let see the story to understand what Paul is saying

Saved by faith alone (2:11-21) is what Paul is showing actually here

Being assured of the fellowship of the Jerusalem leaders, Paul and Barnabas returned to Antioch (see Acts 12:25). From there they set out on their first missionary journey (see Acts 13:1-3). On returning to Antioch at the end of the journey, they came into conflict with a group of Judaisers who had come from Jerusalem. These men claimed to have the authority of James, and taught that Christians should keep the Jewish laws concerning food, circumcision and other matters. Their teaching was so persuasive that Peter, Barnabas and most of the Jews stopped eating with the Gentiles (11-13). Paul rebuked Peter publicly for his inconsistency (14).

Jews such as Paul and Peter were saved by faith in Christ, not by obedience to the law. How useless, then, to go back to something that could not save them in the first place (15-16). To put the argument another way: if Gentile Christians are wrong for not keeping the law, Jewish Christians must also be wrong for being justified apart from the law. And since Christ is the one who justifies them, he too must be wrong. Clearly, such a possibility is absurd (17). Rather, the real sin is to go back to keeping the law after being justified apart from the law (18).
The law cannot bring life; it can only condemn to death all who have broken it. Christ took this punishment for sinners by his death on the cross. When sinners turn to Jesus Christ in faith they are removed from the law’s power (for the law can have no power over those who are now ‘dead’), and given new life, the life of Christ. Having been saved by faith without the law, they now live by faith without the law (19-20). The conclusion is that if sinners can be justified by law, Christ need not have died read verse 21.

Justification by faith

Paul often speaks of sinners being justified (GNB: put right with God). He uses the word in a legal sense, where he likens God’s act of justification to that of a judge who declares a person to be righteous, or in the right. To justify is the opposite of to condemn, which means to declare a person guilty, or in the wrong (cf. Deuteronomy 25:1; Matthew 12:37). (‘Justify’ and ‘righteous’ are different parts of the same word in the original languages of the Bible.)

Justification actually also mean that God makes repentant sinners righteous in the sense that they also possess an inner power from the holy spirit that enables them to obey the word of God easily . It also means that God declares them righteous before they ever did any thing right or wrong.
He gives them a righteousness that is not their own - a new status, a new standing, that makes them fit for the presence of a holy God (Romans 4:6-8; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 2 Corinthians 5:21). God now sees believers as being ‘in Christ’, and accepts them not because of anything they have done, but because of what Christ has done through his death and resurrection (Romans 3:27-28; Romans 4:24-25; Philippians 3:9).

Through the work of Jesus Christ, God is able to be righteous in justifying those who have faith in him. Because Jesus bore their sin, God can now declare them righteous (Romans 3:24-26; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 2:24). God does this freely by his grace, and repentant sinners accept it by faith (Romans 3:24; Titus 2:11; Titus 3:4-7).

Faith is chiefly concerned not with knowledge but with trust. It is not simply an acceptance of certain facts, but a reliance upon Jesus Christ for all that salvation means (Romans 3:22; Galatians 2:20-21; Galatians 3:26). Faith in itself does not save. It is simply the means by which sinners accept the salvation that Christ offers. The merit lies not in faith itself, but in the object of faith. Salvation is not a reward for faith, but a gift that God offers to undeserving sinners (Romans 3:25; Romans 5:15). When people by faith accept what Christ has done for them, God declares them righteous on account of Christ and assures them that they need never again fear the condemnation of sin (Romans 8:33-34; 1 John 5:12-13; 1 John 5:12-13).

ochibuogwu5:

But if, while we sought to be justified in Christ, we ourselves also were found sinners, is Christ a minister of sin? God forbid.

This is somewhat parenthetical to clear up any possible misunderstanding. Paul had just laid down the gospel that we are justified by the faith of Christ; and, in order to prevent any man from thinking that his own fidelity and compliance with Christ's teaching were not needed, Paul effectively denied such a thought with this verse. Christians are not saved in their sins but from their sins. And holiness is an attainment without which no man shall see the Lord. This does not imply that one has to be perfect, an impossibility anyway, but it does teach that a man must do his best to serve God. God will supply whatever is lacking on the Christian's part, so that at last every man shall be accounted "saved by grace" and not by any merit whatever.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
There is no free will that is outside of God plans no one has a free will which God does not know about

If there was a free will which God did not know about then that means any one can overcome God or over throw God

Wake up and realize everything and all creatures are under God
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
We know from Scripture that God is omniscient, which literally means “all-knowing.”

Job 37:16;
Psalm 139:2–4, 147:5;
Proverbs 5:21;
Isaiah 46:9-10; and
1 John 3:19–20

leave no doubt that God’s knowledge is infinite and that He knows everything that has happened in the past, is happening now, and will happen in the future.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
When you see how God is good to you

You will automatically want others to experience that same thing

Because of how beautiful it is

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2021
Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” (Jude 1:24-25 KJV)

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2021
When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:24-28).
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:20am On Oct 05, 2021
God is omniscient, which literally means “all-knowing.”

1 John 3:20b
20b. We know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
We know from Scripture that God is omniscient, which literally means “all-knowing.”
God knows if you are going to make heaven or hell before the foundation of the world

Psalm 139:2-4
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
ALL YOUR SINS FORGIVEN FOREVER

And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This He set aside, nailing it to the cross.” (Colossians 2:13-14 ESV)
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
I have a few questions for you. Am I allowed to asked them?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2021
elated177:
I have a few questions for you. Am I allowed to asked them?

Ask your free
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 10:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Ask your free

I don't use the name "Jesus". For the purpose of our discourse, I will be using the title "Messiah" to refer to the Son of the Creator of heaven and earth who poured out his unblemished blood for the redemption and salvation of mankind. Are you ok with this?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:45am On Oct 06, 2021
elated177:

I don't use the name "Jesus". For the purpose of our discourse, I will be using the title "Messiah" to refer to the Son of the Creator of heaven and earth who poured out his unblemished blood for the redemption and salvation of mankind. Are you ok with this?

Jesus (IPA: /ˈdʒiːzəs/) is a masculine given name derived from the name IESVS in Classical Latin, Iēsous (Greek: Ἰησοῦς), the Greek form of the Hebrew and Aramaic name Yeshua or Y'shua (Hebrew: ישוע‎).

Most dictionaries will translate Jesus' name (which was apparently more properly translated to Joshua than "Jesus".. ) to be "God is salvation." "God is salvation" is a phrase that ascribes a passive quality to God. ... Yah is short for Yahweh, and shuah is from yeshuah which means "to save, save alive, rescue."

Jesus is a Greek name which equally means Messiah
So no problem you can use the name you are comfortable with
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:23am On Oct 06, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Jesus (IPA: /ˈdʒiːzəs/) is a masculine given name derived from the name IESVS in Classical Latin, Iēsous (Greek: Ἰησοῦς), the Greek form of the Hebrew and Aramaic name Yeshua or Y'shua (Hebrew: ישוע‎).

Most dictionaries will translate Jesus' name (which was apparently more properly translated to Joshua than "Jesus".. ) to be "God is salvation." "God is salvation" is a phrase that ascribes a passive quality to God. ... Yah is short for Yahweh, and shuah is from yeshuah which means "to save, save alive, rescue."

Jesus is a Greek name which equally means Messiah
So no problem you can use the name you are comfortable with

Let us not go into that. Unless, of course, you want to make this thread about that.

My first question:

Who is the Messiah?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2021
elated177:

Let us not go into that. Unless, of course, you want to make this thread about that.

My first question:

Who is the Messiah?

Who is the Messiah?

The word “Messiah” comes from a Hebrew word meaning “the anointed one” or “the chosen one.” It embodies the Jewish hope of a coming deliverer predicted in Old Testament prophecy, which was fulfilled in Jesus the Messiah.

Messiah” comes from the Hebrew word mashiach, meaning “anointed one” or “chosen one.”

What Is the Messiah in the Old Testament?

The idea of the Messiah grew throughout the course of the Old Testament as prophets gave more messages from God.

Many of the prophecies don’t specifically use the word “Messiah,” though they came to be understood as references to this future deliverer.

The prophecies stretch back to the very beginning. In Genesis 3:15, while speaking to the serpent who deceived Adam and Eve, God declares,

“And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

It is understood that the person who will crush the serpent’s, or Satan’s, head is the Messiah.

Another early passage that was believed to refer to a Messiah is Deuteronomy 18:15-19. In Deuteronomy 18:15, Moses tells the Israelites, “The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.”

Isaiah 52:13-Isaiah 53:12 is one of the most famous messianic passages. In it, a coming savior who will deliver Israel through suffering is prophesied.

Daniel 9:25-27 also speaks of an “Anointed One” who is to come.

There are numerous other passages that mention the Messiah, but these are a few of the most prominent.

elated177:

Am the type of person who doesn't restrict myself to anything so if you want we can go into any area of theology that you want so I can use scripture to clarify your soul
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Jesus came to fulfill the law

And the law says the soul that sins must die

That is why Jesus had to die to complete the law demands

Now all those in who believe in Jesus and put their faith in Jesus died with Jesus when he died and rose with Jesus when he rose

Therefore Jesus paid the price that we won't pay again the price for breaking God's law which means Jesus paid the complete price for any sin we will ever do forever

That is why we are saved and forgiven forever and ever
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
Our salvation is a free gift from God. It does not depend on our own works of repentance from sin. Repenting from sin could not save you to begin with and it cannot keep you saved. The only thing that saves is faith in Christ. That is why Christ is referred to as a stumbling block. People stumble over Him because they think that they have to do something to earn their salvation.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Who is the Messiah?

The word “Messiah” comes from a Hebrew word meaning “the anointed one” or “the chosen one.” It embodies the Jewish hope of a coming deliverer predicted in Old Testament prophecy, which was fulfilled in Jesus the Messiah.

Messiah” comes from the Hebrew word mashiach, meaning “anointed one” or “chosen one.”

What Is the Messiah in the Old Testament?

The idea of the Messiah grew throughout the course of the Old Testament as prophets gave more messages from God.

Many of the prophecies don’t specifically use the word “Messiah,” though they came to be understood as references to this future deliverer.

The prophecies stretch back to the very beginning. In Genesis 3:15, while speaking to the serpent who deceived Adam and Eve, God declares,

“And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

It is understood that the person who will crush the serpent’s, or Satan’s, head is the Messiah.

Another early passage that was believed to refer to a Messiah is Deuteronomy 18:15-19. In Deuteronomy 18:15, Moses tells the Israelites, “The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.”

Isaiah 52:13-Isaiah 53:12 is one of the most famous messianic passages. In it, a coming savior who will deliver Israel through suffering is prophesied.

Daniel 9:25-27 also speaks of an “Anointed One” who is to come.

There are numerous other passages that mention the Messiah, but these are a few of the most prominent.

I didn't ask for the meaning of the Messiah. Okay! May be you didn't get the question.
I will be using the name of the Messiah "Yahushua". You can continue with "Jesus". Agreed?

Bishopkingsley:

Am the type of person who doesn't restrict myself to anything so if you want we can go into any area of theology that you want so I can use scripture to clarify your soul

Let's not. Let focus on this one.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
elated177:

I didn't ask for the meaning of the Messiah. Okay! May be you didn't get the question.
I will be using the name of the Messiah "Yahushua". You can continue with "Jesus". Agreed?

Let's not. Let focus on this one.

Only one name was lifted above all other names and that is Jesus

Many People spoke Greek when he Jesus was on earth even his Apostles spoke Greek

The new testaments was mainly in Greek and the name they put down is Jesus

That the name God lifted up so I have told you the meaning and why it means that

When you are in Jesus you have fulfilled the law why, because Jesus is God Almighty
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Only one name was lifted above all other names and that is Jesus

Many People spoke Greek when he Jesus was on earth even his Apostles spoke Greek

The new testaments was mainly in Greek and the name they put down is Jesus

That the name God lifted up so I have told you the meaning and why it means that

When you are in Jesus you have fulfilled the law why, because Jesus is God Almighty

The name referred to in Acts 4:12 is not Jesus. Don't make this discourse about the name. If you are interested that, you can open another thread for it and other genuine seekers of the Truth may even contribute.

I take it you have agreed to my earlier request. You go ahead and use "Jesus", while I use "Yahushua".

Who is Yahushua the Messiah?
What does it mean to follow Yahushua the Messiah?

There is a reason the world fell in love with the name "Jesus". The name "Jesus" is kind of abstract.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
elated177:

The name referred to in Acts 4:12 is not Jesus. Don't make this discourse about the name. If you are interested that, you can open another thread for it and other genuine seekers of the Truth may even contribute.

I take it you have agreed to my earlier request. You go ahead and use "Jesus", while I use "Yahushua".

There is a reason the world fell in love with the name "Jesus". The name "Jesus" is kind of abstract.

I told you we can move from one topic to another and from one revelation to another but you refuse saying I should open a new thread for that

Which is not necessary but if you want to be fixed on one topic no problem

Like I said call Jesus the name you are comfortable with

Actually not every one want to obey the Bible some only want to follow traditions which Jesus came to destroy some think God must have only one name and Jesus has only one name and it must be Hebrew name as if God is limited to their way of thinking

People forget God created all languages and he put his name in those languages and even Jesus name are in each language of the world

God is not limited to a specific name but hey that how some think

Jesus himself called himself many names like the son of man, I am, son of David etc Bible shows his name as the word of God too

elated177:

If you read my post here all this question were answered in it

Am not explaining Jesus from only what I read from the Bible but I do it from the knowledge Jesus gave me he has shown many things so I declare his word
To those who believe in him and those who want to learn

Let solve the questions

Question

Answer
Jesus is the Incarnation of God.

Question

Answer
What it means to follow Jesus today

Eventually, the disciples learned that they weren’t just following a rabbi—Jesus was the promised Messiah. The Lord God Almighty had come to teach them about himself, and he was going to establish his kingdom. If we want to follow Jesus too, we have to recognize him as more than a great teacher

Declare Jesus as Lord

For us, following Jesus means recognizing him for who he really is. Messiah. Lord. The Son of God. He is the Savior of the world. Paul says, “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9).

The first step to following Jesus is believing that he is who he says he is. By declaring Jesus is Lord and being baptized in his name, we make the first steps of obedience in following Jesus. And the Holy Spirit empowers us to understand and live out Christ’s teaching (1 Corinthians 2:14-16).
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Like I said call Jesus the name you are comfortable with

It is not a matter of what one is comfortable with. How I feel has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It is a matter of truth.

Bishopkingsley:

Actually not every one want to obey the Bible some only want to follow traditions which Jesus came to destroy some think God must have only one name and Jesus has only one name and it must be Hebrew name as if God is limited to their way of thinking

May I know some of the traditions?

Bishopkingsley:

People forget God created all languages and he put his name in those languages and even Jesus name are in each language of the world

Very true, the Father in heaven created all the languages and can be worshipped in all the languages. He understands all the languages.
However, it pleased him to give his name and that of his begotten Son in Hebrew. Who are we to question him?

Bishopkingsley:

God is not limited to a specific name but hey that how some think

The Creator of heaven and earth has a name. All other names that people call him are titles, which portray or describe his attributes.

Bishopkingsley:

Jesus himself called himself many names like the son of man, I am, son of David etc Bible shows his name as the word of God too

I don't agree with you. Yahushua the Messiah never called himself many names. Son of David is not a name. However, "I AM" is the name of the Father in heaven, which he gave to his Son.

Exodus 3: 13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘YHVH the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation.

The Pharisees and Sadducees understood this when Yahushua the Messiah referred to himself as such and it made them furious.

Bishopkingsley:

If you read my post here all this question were answered in it

Am not explaining Jesus from only what I read from the Bible but I do it from the knowledge Jesus gave me he has shown many things so I declare his word
To those who believe in him and those who want to learn

Let solve the questions

Question

Answer

Not enough.

Bishopkingsley:

Question

Answer
What it means to follow Jesus today

Eventually, the disciples learned that they weren’t just following a rabbi—Jesus was the promised Messiah. The Lord God Almighty had come to teach them about himself, and he was going to establish his kingdom. If we want to follow Jesus too, we have to recognize him as more than a great teacher

Declare Jesus as Lord

For us, following Jesus means recognizing him for who he really is. Messiah. Lord. The Son of God. He is the Savior of the world. Paul says, “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9).

The first step to following Jesus is believing that he is who he says he is. By declaring Jesus is Lord and being baptized in his name, we make the first steps of obedience in following Jesus. And the Holy Spirit empowers us to understand and live out Christ’s teaching (1 Corinthians 2:14-16).

Okay! You said it here. Yahushua the Messiah is Son of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth.

You haven't answered the question. What does it mean to follow Yahushua the Messiah.
When a person say he is following Yahushua the Messiah, what is the person really saying?

Is Yahushua the Messiah the Word of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
elated177:

it pleased him to give his name and that of his begotten Son in Hebrew. Who are we to question him?

That is where you got it so wrong it is the meaning of a name that count not the language of the name

Bible and Jesus changed many people names

Simon to Peter

Saul to Paul

Even God did the same thing

You are stuck with language while God is interested in the mean of the name in the language
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
elated177:

The Creator of heaven and earth has a name. All other names that people call him are titles, which portray or describe his attributes.

You

Are stuck with a name while God has never been stuck with that

Go and read revelation to see God said he will bear anew name and he will bear a name which no one knows

And he will give us a name only each of us knows you are so stuck with Hebrew you can't see past it

God speaks all languages infact angels speak all languages too as long as you remain in one language you insult God who put his ultimate name in all languages

Wake up and grow up and understand God hears all tribe it in the Bible too

When ever you see God say my name....... So and so

What he is actually saying is the meaning of my name....... So and so

It is meaning of a name that shows who a person is not the language the name is called in.......

Satan has many names in Hebrew yet it does not mean his own name is holy or special in the language

As time goes on you will out grow one name and you will enjoy God in his vast ways

When you sing and magnify God in different names it pleases God just like David did he called God many names in Psalms and Bible
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2021
elated177:

I don't agree with you. Yahushua the Messiah never called himself many names. Son of David is not a name. However, "I AM" is the name of the Father in heaven, which he gave to his Son.

Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am? (Matthew 16:13).

When I speak God things I speak as the oracle of God which I am so I back it to with scriptures because I know you may not know Bible because you are fix on one part

That Jesus speaking........
Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am? (Matthew 16:13).

But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins - he said to the paralytic (Mark 2:10).
Jesus said

So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28).
Jesus also said.

And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head (Matthew 8:20)
Jesus gave the reason for His coming to earth.

For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost (Luke 19:10).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Iran: Pastor Sentenced To Death For Refusing To Accept Islam! / The Concept Of Destiny / Is Saying "I Cover My ..... With The Blood Of Jesus" Correct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.