Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria (1522 Views)

Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case / Apostle Suleman: Shameless Igbos! The Problems Of Igbos Are Igbos (Video) / The ''Britain'' That Cost Igbos The War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by SonOfThePlateau: 9:47am On Oct 04, 2021
IGBOS, THE TRUE BELIEVERS OF ONE NIGERIA.

As someone from Central Nigeria commonly known as the MIDDLEBELT, I really cannot understand how I still find a significant number of Middlebelters, Yorubas and even Niger-deltan ethnic nationalities speaking against the agitation of the Igbos to secede from Nigeria. Although, over time, I have come to understand that this character comes from the 'fear of the unknown'. Most of us are afraid of what will come with and after the division of Nigeria. So we think that no matter how terrible and unworkable Nigeria is, THE DEVIL YOU KNOW IS BETTER THAN THE ANGEL YOU DON'T KNOW. However, this is a very false and terrible narrative mostly adopted by cowardly people.

In the Nigeria of today, there are many unscrupulous people who preach PEACE and a ONE NIGERIA, but this does not reflect in their actions. Unfortunately, these people succeed in fooling and deceiving lots of gullible Middlebelters and Southerners with their empty words.
Nobody actually believes in a ONE NIGERIA more than the Igbos. You can take that to the bank.

I am from Gindiri, a small town of about 30,000 residents in Mangu LGA of Plateau state. There are Igbos who have not just been living in Gindiri town, but have been living in the surrounding interior villages for ages. Now, this is not something that will come as a surprise to most of us. However, the point I want to emphasize here is that, most of these Igbos actually own the houses and lands that they stay in my hometown. They paid for these lands and built their houses with their hard earned money, thereby contributing immensely to the development of the community and the real estate value.
This is something Igbos are known for all over Nigeria.

Go to the core north, you see Igbos with landed properties not just in the big cities like Kano, Katsina or Sokoto, but even in the smaller towns as far as areas close to the border with Niger republic like Jibia, Daura, Gumel, Nguru, Gashua, Hadejia e.t.c. You can hardly see other Southern Nigerians or even Middlebelt people in some of these extreme Core-northern towns, not to even think of us owning houses or properties in these towns.
Now, many of us may say, "But the Igbos are business people, they make huge profits from all these places they settle, so what is so special in them owning properties in those places?".

Well, Core-northerners (Hausas, Fulanis and Kanuris) are also very good traders and business people. They control the Bureau de change In Nigeria, they control the transportation and sales of foodstuffs and livestock all over Nigeria, they have a strong influence in the importation and sales of textiles, jewelleries, wristwatches, amongst many other things.
Today, the core northerners are found in almost all the nook and crannies of Southern Nigeria, raking in Billions of Naira on a daily basis through these avenues. However, in spite of this, it is almost like an abomination for them to secure landed properties in Southern Nigeria.

Most Core-northern traders and hustlers residing in Southern Nigeria usually live in congested slums, shanties, temporary structures and shabby looking almost dillapidated rented houses. These places are usually called HAUSA QUARTERS.
Now, I understand that a lot of the Core-northerners who come to the south are terribly poverty stricken and most of these ones are wheelbarrow pushers, Metal scrap gatherers, Sugarcane hawkers, labourers e.t.c. These ones may not be able to afford a decent appartment. However, some are very rich, like the ones who control the Bureau de change and the ones who own the trailers of foodstuffs and livestocks offloading daily in every Southern Nigerian city/town. The issue is that, these ones still do not acquire landed properties and build high quality houses befitting of their financial status. This is in spite of the fact that some of them have lived in Southern Nigeria for generations.

I have lived much of my life in Southern Nigeria and travelled across almost all the states in Southern Nigeria. I find lots of my Middlebelt people who work in Southern Nigeria and have made wealth through the Federal civil service. A good number of us buy and acquire landed properties in Southern Nigeria. My own family members own landed properties in different states of Southern Nigeria. However, I have hardly come across a Hausa' fulani or Kanuri Muslim who is a senior/rich civil servant acquiring lands to build his mansion in Port Harcourt, Calabar, Benin, Lagos, Onitsha, Owerri, Warri, Ibadan or Oshogbo. It is very rare!

The population of Core-northerners in Lagos outnumbers the population of Igbos in Kano by a wide margin, but go to Sabon gari in Kano and see the mansions and estates owned and dominated by Igbos there. Land and rent in Sabongari is almost as expensive as Lekki because of the Igbos. Meanwhile, where is that beautiful estate in Lagos which is dominated by mansions owned by Core-northern muslims?? In spite of the thousands of core northern millionaires residing in Lagos? Those millionaire Alhajis who are the top officials of the Nigerian Immigration, Customs, Ports authority, Police, Military, Civil defense, e.t.c serving in Lagos? Where are their estates and mansions in Lagos? The millionaire Bureau de change operators and transporters of foodstuffs/livestock who own multiple trailer loads of products offloading in Southern cities, where are their estates and mansions in Southern Nigeria??

Fulani Herdsmen have refused to acquire lands in Nigeria to ranch their cattles. They roam around freely causing havoc, living in people's ancestral lands and forests rent-free and completely tax-free, yet they are not the major consumers of their cattle, rather we are.

Now, If the Core northerners want the rest of us to so much believe that they stand for ONE NIGERIA, why don't they invest in real estate in Southern Nigeria?
How do you live in a land for decades, make millions of Naira in profit/salary from that land and then you simply go back to Sokoto, Kano or Katsina with your prayer mat/kettle and a Ghana-must-go? Then you come out in public to preach ONE NIGERIA??
During election times, Southerners and Middlebelters residing in the Core-north remain in their respective locations to cast their votes, meanwhile in the South, trailers are used to evacuate Core-northerners back to their respective states to vote. Why does this happen?

These are some of the reasons why I as a Middlebelter whole-heartedly support the Igbos in their quest for self-determination. I also support the Oduduwa republic agitators and definitely give all my support to a proposed KWARARAFA REPUBLIC for Middlebelt people.
Self determination is a fundamental right and not a criminal offence.
The Igbos have clearly come to an understanding that they have been giving so much more to Nigeria, while they get very little to nothing in return. That is a clear case of a parasitic relationship.
The current existence of Nigeria is nothing but a parasitic and toxic relationship and that is why the country is currently collapsing. The parasites have started to outgrow the hosts in size.

The Igbos immensely contribute to the development of wherever they migrate to by acquiring landed properties and paying their taxes as law-abiding citizens. They are the true believers of a UNITED NIGERIA based on their actions!!

I refuse to be among those gullible, confused and brainwashed Middlebelt people or Southern Nigerians who will still fall for the message of a deceptive ONE NIGERIA built on lies and fraud.
You cannot preach ONE NIGERIA to me by your mouth only, it has to show in your actions.

If you are from the Middlebelt/Southern Nigeria and you agree and support the contents of this article, please do well to search for the page on Facebook (Noah K Son_Of_The_Plateau), like and share it on your wall, pages and groups with your friends and family.

God bless BIAFRA
God bless ODUDUWA
God bless KWARARAFA (Middlebelt)
God bless Southern/Middlebelt Nigerian union.

Written by
(Noah K. Son_Of_The_Plateau)

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 9:48am On Oct 04, 2021
Nyamiri deh disguise

Oga be proud of ur taliban region before creating thread
Werey wan skip terms and conditions... grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by FakeUnity: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2021
I dey come
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 9:54am On Oct 04, 2021
SonOfThePlateau:
IGBOS, THE TRUE BELIEVERS OF ONE NIGERIA. , most of these Igbos actually own the houses and lands that they stay in my hometown. They paid for these lands and built their houses with their hard earned money, thereby contributing immensely to the development of the community and the real estate value.
This is something Igbos are known for all over Nigeria.

Go to the core north, you see Igbos with landed properties not just in the big cities like Kano, Katsina or Sokoto, but even in the smaller towns as far as areas close to the border with Niger republic like Jibia, Daura, Gumel, Nguru, Gashua, Hadejia e.t.c.
That shows that Igbos enjoy one Nigeria more than any other tribe, now go to the same Igbo land and if u can't speak the language, u won't have any landed property, no Igbo man will sell his land to other people.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by horsepower102: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2021
OP you said nothing but the truth.

Igbos have always practiced one Nigeria with their actions and not with words.

For the fact that Igbos are now saying enough is enough means that its game over for Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:03am On Oct 04, 2021
horsepower102:
OP you said nothing but the truth.

Igbos have always practiced one Nigeria with their actions and not with words.

For the fact that Igbos are now saying enough is enough means that its game over for Nigeria.
Igbos are free to live anywhere in Nigeria but no Igbo man will sell land to other tribe...

Why is the one Nigeria u practiced?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by FakeUnity: 10:04am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
That shows that Igbos enjoy one Nigeria more than any other tribe, now go to the same Igbo land and if u can't speak the language, u won't have any landed property, no Igbo man will sell his land to other people.

Poverty-stricken abokey, Did you bring your money to buy land in Owerri, Enugu, Asaba and was denied?

Go to Adelabu street, Ogui road, independence layout in Enugu, World bank in Owerri, Asaba etc and see serious non-Igbo who own landed properties.

Do you know how much half-plot of land costs in my village?
Do you think Real estate in the East is for nincompoops like you who hate good things? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by horsepower102: 10:05am On Oct 04, 2021
My 2nd point is that southerners and middlebelters know that Nigeria is not working and will never work. But the Idea of Igbo people breaking away and leaving them behind scares them. This in fact makes them continue to support Nigerian unity even though its literally killing them.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2021
E surprised me when I see say IGBO people plenty pass PLENTY for Borno state where Boko Haram get Headquarters and even Lake Chad Basin where ISWAP get Headquarters too. grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by SlayerForever: 10:07am On Oct 04, 2021
One of the few remaining in Nigeria with sense. Op you are blessed.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by horsepower102: 10:09am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
Igbos are free to live anywhere in Nigeria but no Igbo man will sell land to other tribe...

Can you even afford land in the east? lol

If you want land, I can connect you to my cousin and he will sell you land as long as you can afford it.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by SonOfThePlateau: 10:09am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
Nyamiri deh disguise

Oga be proud of ur taliban region before creating thread
Werey wan skip terms and conditions... grin grin

Go to Facebook, search for the same article and page, my identity is there.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:10am On Oct 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

Poverty-stricken abokey, Did you bring your money to buy land in Owerri, Enugu, Asaba and was denied?
who wants to buy erosion infested red muddy land undecided

Go to Adelabu street, Ogui road, independence layout in Enugu, World bank in Owerri, Asaba etc and see serious non-Igbo who own landed properties.
tah stop lying, Nyamiris don't sell lands

Do you know how much half-plot of land potopoto costs in my village?
fixed.

Do you think Real estate in the East is for nincompoops like you who hate good things? grin
Oga erosion gutter swine land is valueless, except for research purpose

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by SonOfThePlateau: 10:11am On Oct 04, 2021
horsepower102:
My 2nd point is that southerners and middlebelters know that Nigeria is not working and will never work. But the Idea of Igbo people breaking away and leaving them behind scares them. This in fact makes them continue to support Nigerian unity even though its literally killing them.

You have a strong point.
This is a very cowardly character.
Only cowards are afraid of taking their destinies into their own hands.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:12am On Oct 04, 2021
horsepower102:

If you want land, I can connect you to my cousin and he will sell you land as long as you can afford it.
So that u can call Igbos to burn it down?

Iboes are known to kill even their relatives over land dispute, I no deh buy, keep ur occultic land to urselves
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by FakeUnity: 10:13am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
[s]who wants to but erosion infested red muddy land undecided

tah stop lying, Nyamiris don't sell lands

fixed.

Oga erosion gutter swine land is valueless, except for research purpose[/s]

E pain your abokeyna poverty-stricken skull. Mugu. See as your teeth don rotten finish. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by helinues: 10:13am On Oct 04, 2021
They are not acting as one.

Their attitudes and behaviors are infact saying otherwise
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by horsepower102: 10:15am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
So that u can call Igbos to burn it down?

Iboes are known to kill even their relatives over land dispute, I no deh buy, keep ur occultic land to urselves

Just say you are a broke nigga and call it a day. Go an hustle like your mates. In maybe 50 years, you may finally be able to save up to buy land in the east.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by helinues: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2021
horsepower102:

Some of you people don't really know why land is so cost in your region.

The billionaires from SE have bought almost 40% of the available lands with no urgency of making use of them anytime soon. They only want to acquire it to their family glory.

In 20 years to come, only high rise building would sustain the real estate in SE cos there won't be enough available lands .. Even for development, only little lands would be available.

You people should be concerned about that. Such scenario happened in Anambra, the man who fenced airport..
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

E pain your abokeyna poverty-stricken skull. Mugu. See as your teeth don rotten finish. grin
If ipob Nyamiris like, let dem write a project proposal on how Ipob are the best after Egusi soup, we are not buying that lie.

Taliban of the east
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by hisgrace090: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
You lied!

6 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by horsepower102: 10:18am On Oct 04, 2021
helinues:

Some of you people don't really know why land is so cost in your region.

The billionaires from SE have bought almost 40% of the available lands with no urgency of making use of them anytime soon. They only want to acquire it to their family glory.

In 20 years to come, only high rise building would sustain the real estate in SE cos there won't be enough available lands ..

You people should be concerned about thay. Such scenario happened in Anambra, the man who fenced airport..

Men why do you lie so much. This is too childish.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:18am On Oct 04, 2021
horsepower102:

Just say you are a broke nigga and call it a day. Go an hustle like your mates. In maybe 50 years, you may finally be able to save up to buy land in the east.
I will still not buy land from diabolic people
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by helinues: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2021
horsepower102:

Men why do you lie so much. This is too childish.

Lie? For what?

Something obvious, something logical.

Lots of you are yet to be consciously aware of that. You guys need Umunna serious meeting about that
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2021
hisgrace090:

You lied!
you truth.

Igbos are tribalistic, the entire SE looks like one backward region, u can't even communicate properly except u speak their language
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by BKayy: 10:21am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:

No we should carry the land on our heads, troop to Ogbomosho, knock at your grandmothers hut where you are hiding and sell it to you there.

Mpama
Land is an immovable asset. So you have to step foot into Igboland to acquire it.
(That is us imagining that you people can afford to buy land)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2021
BKayy:

No we should carry the land on our heads, troop to Ogbomosho, knock at your grandmothers hut where you are hiding and sell it to you.
Mpama
wow, u can even do that? shocked
They told me southeast is so small, I never imagined u can even hawk the region.

Ndi landlocked grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by BKayy: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
you truth.

Igbos are tribalistic, the entire SE looks like one backward region, u can't even communicate properly except u speak their language
LOL. Maybe we should start speaking Yoruba so that "You people" can be happy.
Ndi ara

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by BKayy: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
wow, u can even do that? shocked
They told me southeast is so small, I never imagined u can even hawk it.

Ndi landlocked grin
Sure we can. Just sit in your grandmothers hut and wait for Igbo land hawkers that will carry the land to your doorstep.
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2021
BKayy:

LOL. Maybe we should start speaking Yoruba so that "You people" can be happy.
Ndi ara
since I am not Yoruba, how can u understand?

Everywhere i go in Anambra, all I am hearing is oyeneku bla bla.

Such a backward and degenerate people

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 10:26am On Oct 04, 2021
BKayy:

Sure we can. Just sit in your grandmothers hut and wait for Igbo land hawkers that will carry the land to your doorstep.
grin
sorry, I won't, we don't like mud in my grandmother's doorstep

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 10:28am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
since I am not Yoruba, how can u understand?

Everywhere i go in Anambra, all I am hearing is oyeneku bla bla.

Such a backward and degenerate people

Maigida, did the Igbos also stop you rich northerners from buying land in Benin, Lagos, Uyo, PH, Akure and Ibadan?

Why not stop embarrassing yourself in public.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Nnamdi Kanu Is Found Not Guilty, What Do You Think Will Happen Next? / Aba People Start Business On Top Of Flyover / BREAKING: President Buhari Almost Slapped Garba Shehu Over April Fool Prank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.