Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,287 members, 7,850,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:57 PM

Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria (1567 Views)

Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case / Apostle Suleman: Shameless Igbos! The Problems Of Igbos Are Igbos (Video) / The ''Britain'' That Cost Igbos The War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 10:59am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
so who never get presidency nai no deh selfish?

Education ntoor

Sorry professor...please tell us how they are selfish.

They come to your land, develop it and bring business there for the benefit of the people there...they also make their own profit...

Now how is that being selfish?

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

Sorry professor...please tell us how they are selfish.

They come to your land, develop it and bring business there for the benefit of the people there...they also make their own profit...

Now how is that being selfish?
they cane to my land, turb it into hooligans den, my governor was quick to chase them off grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
liar, southeast, portrait of decay and hooliganism

...you didn't add militancy..

Continue being pained by others progress..

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:04am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

sorry I forgot to add the Talibans grin

Malnourished entities

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

I am not pained by the progress of Igbos, I am pained by the effort u put in bringing others down with lies and propagandas

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:06am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
they cane to my land, turb it into hooligans den, my governor was quick to chase them off grin

Stop beating about the bush...and embarrassing yourself, hopelessly.

Is that being selfish?

I told you that the word means something else in your language.

Now, who chased these ones...your militant group that has been disturbing Nigeria for decades, away?

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:07am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
I am not pained by the progress of Igbos, I am pained by the effort u put in bringing others down with lies and propagandas

Can you bet you life that the OP is Igbo?

Or that what he wrote was false?

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:09am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

Stop beating about the bush...and embarrassing yourself, hopelessly.

Is that being selfish?

I told you that the word means something else in your language.

Now, who chased these ones...your militant group that has been disturbing Nigeria for decades, away?
I donno, lemme ask that albino swine.
Oh I forgot, he is in DSS cage grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

Can you bet you life that the OP is Igbo?

Or that what he wrote was false?
terrorist, life mean nothing to y'all.

OP is an Nyamiris with a flatened skull and hairy YAMed leg
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
I donno, lemme ask that albino swine.
Oh I forgot, he is in DSS cage grin

STALE...

When you give a deadly blows...they turn into pitiable clowns....

You do better while in the oil ravaged creek.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:13am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
terrorist, life mean nothing to y'all.

OP is an Nyamiris with a flatened skull and hairy YAMed leg

I bet you are typing this in the creek, or in one of those abandoned Igbo property you were given...

#Lazy man.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

STALE...

When you give a deadly blows...they turn into pitiable clowns....

You do better while in the oil ravaged creek.
sorry, did u give a fatal blow? I didn't feel ur fist, I was concerned about the swines

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

I bet you are typing this in the creek, or in one of those abandoned Igbo property you were given...

#Lazy man.
was I suppose to write it in the mud like u? grin

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
sorry, did u give a fatal blow? I didn't feel ur fist, I was concerned about the swines

..and you are not concerned about these swines that introduced kidnapping into Nigeria...?

See your life...

Next time don't take more than you can chew.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by ba7man(m): 11:16am On Oct 04, 2021
horsepower102:
OP you said nothing but the truth.

Igbos have always practiced one Nigeria with their actions and not with words.

For the fact that Igbos are now saying enough is enough means that its game over for Nigeria.
False, they are simply economic migrants.
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2021
ba7man:
False, they are simply economic migrants.

Like the OP stated, the northern transporters and the Fulanis are not economic migrant cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

..and you are not concerned about these swines that introduced kidnapping into Nigeria...?

See your life...

Next time don't take more than you can chew.
more than i can chew like this animal did? grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
more than i can chew like this animal did? grin

Nope...

Like this p-gs did...

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:23am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

Nope...

Like this p-gs did...
grin Taliban, I am tired mehn.

Lemme do something else.
Do have a nice day

#ONELOVE
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:26am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
grin Taliban, I am tired mehn.

Lemme do something else.
Do have a nice day

#ONELOVE

The four legged an-mal has turned its tail between its legs and has scampered for safety in utter shame.

Next time, learn who to deal with.

Have a nice day cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

The four legged an-mal has turned its tail between its legs and has scampered for safety in utter shame.

Next time, learn who to deal with.

Have a nice day cheesy
I am not running from a terrorist, u start getting boring so I had to leave.

U are boring though

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Redcrafton: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
I am not running from a terrorist, u start getting boring so I had to leave.

U are boring though

See the confused militant who is not boring..

You were defeated back and front.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by richmond500: 11:30am On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

See the confused militant who is not boring..

You were defeated back and front.
still boring, try harder undecided
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2021
SonOfThePlateau:
IGBOS, THE TRUE BELIEVERS OF ONE NIGERIA.

As someone from Central Nigeria commonly known as the MIDDLEBELT, I really cannot understand how I still find a significant number of Middlebelters, Yorubas and even Niger-deltan ethnic nationalities speaking against the agitation of the Igbos to secede from Nigeria. Although, over time, I have come to understand that this character comes from the 'fear of the unknown'. Most of us are afraid of what will come with and after the division of Nigeria. So we think that no matter how terrible and unworkable Nigeria is, THE DEVIL YOU KNOW IS BETTER THAN THE ANGEL YOU DON'T KNOW. However, this is a very false and terrible narrative mostly adopted by cowardly people.

In the Nigeria of today, there are many unscrupulous people who preach PEACE and a ONE NIGERIA, but this does not reflect in their actions. Unfortunately, these people succeed in fooling and deceiving lots of gullible Middlebelters and Southerners with their empty words.
Nobody actually believes in a ONE NIGERIA more than the Igbos. You can take that to the bank.

I am from Gindiri, a small town of about 30,000 residents in Mangu LGA of Plateau state. There are Igbos who have not just been living in Gindiri town, but have been living in the surrounding interior villages for ages. Now, this is not something that will come as a surprise to most of us. However, the point I want to emphasize here is that, most of these Igbos actually own the houses and lands that they stay in my hometown. They paid for these lands and built their houses with their hard earned money, thereby contributing immensely to the development of the community and the real estate value.
This is something Igbos are known for all over Nigeria.

Go to the core north, you see Igbos with landed properties not just in the big cities like Kano, Katsina or Sokoto, but even in the smaller towns as far as areas close to the border with Niger republic like Jibia, Daura, Gumel, Nguru, Gashua, Hadejia e.t.c. You can hardly see other Southern Nigerians or even Middlebelt people in some of these extreme Core-northern towns, not to even think of us owning houses or properties in these towns.
Now, many of us may say, "But the Igbos are business people, they make huge profits from all these places they settle, so what is so special in them owning properties in those places?".

Well, Core-northerners (Hausas, Fulanis and Kanuris) are also very good traders and business people. They control the Bureau de change In Nigeria, they control the transportation and sales of foodstuffs and livestock all over Nigeria, they have a strong influence in the importation and sales of textiles, jewelleries, wristwatches, amongst many other things.
Today, the core northerners are found in almost all the nook and crannies of Southern Nigeria, raking in Billions of Naira on a daily basis through these avenues. However, in spite of this, it is almost like an abomination for them to secure landed properties in Southern Nigeria.

Most Core-northern traders and hustlers residing in Southern Nigeria usually live in congested slums, shanties, temporary structures and shabby looking almost dillapidated rented houses. These places are usually called HAUSA QUARTERS.
Now, I understand that a lot of the Core-northerners who come to the south are terribly poverty stricken and most of these ones are wheelbarrow pushers, Metal scrap gatherers, Sugarcane hawkers, labourers e.t.c. These ones may not be able to afford a decent appartment. However, some are very rich, like the ones who control the Bureau de change and the ones who own the trailers of foodstuffs and livestocks offloading daily in every Southern Nigerian city/town. The issue is that, these ones still do not acquire landed properties and build high quality houses befitting of their financial status. This is in spite of the fact that some of them have lived in Southern Nigeria for generations.

I have lived much of my life in Southern Nigeria and travelled across almost all the states in Southern Nigeria. I find lots of my Middlebelt people who work in Southern Nigeria and have made wealth through the Federal civil service. A good number of us buy and acquire landed properties in Southern Nigeria. My own family members own landed properties in different states of Southern Nigeria. However, I have hardly come across a Hausa' fulani or Kanuri Muslim who is a senior/rich civil servant acquiring lands to build his mansion in Port Harcourt, Calabar, Benin, Lagos, Onitsha, Owerri, Warri, Ibadan or Oshogbo. It is very rare!

The population of Core-northerners in Lagos outnumbers the population of Igbos in Kano by a wide margin, but go to Sabon gari in Kano and see the mansions and estates owned and dominated by Igbos there. Land and rent in Sabongari is almost as expensive as Lekki because of the Igbos. Meanwhile, where is that beautiful estate in Lagos which is dominated by mansions owned by Core-northern muslims?? In spite of the thousands of core northern millionaires residing in Lagos? Those millionaire Alhajis who are the top officials of the Nigerian Immigration, Customs, Ports authority, Police, Military, Civil defense, e.t.c serving in Lagos? Where are their estates and mansions in Lagos? The millionaire Bureau de change operators and transporters of foodstuffs/livestock who own multiple trailer loads of products offloading in Southern cities, where are their estates and mansions in Southern Nigeria??

Fulani Herdsmen have refused to acquire lands in Nigeria to ranch their cattles. They roam around freely causing havoc, living in people's ancestral lands and forests rent-free and completely tax-free, yet they are not the major consumers of their cattle, rather we are.

Now, If the Core northerners want the rest of us to so much believe that they stand for ONE NIGERIA, why don't they invest in real estate in Southern Nigeria?
How do you live in a land for decades, make millions of Naira in profit/salary from that land and then you simply go back to Sokoto, Kano or Katsina with your prayer mat/kettle and a Ghana-must-go? Then you come out in public to preach ONE NIGERIA??
During election times, Southerners and Middlebelters residing in the Core-north remain in their respective locations to cast their votes, meanwhile in the South, trailers are used to evacuate Core-northerners back to their respective states to vote. Why does this happen?

These are some of the reasons why I as a Middlebelter whole-heartedly support the Igbos in their quest for self-determination. I also support the Oduduwa republic agitators and definitely give all my support to a proposed KWARARAFA REPUBLIC for Middlebelt people.
Self determination is a fundamental right and not a criminal offence.
The Igbos have clearly come to an understanding that they have been giving so much more to Nigeria, while they get very little to nothing in return. That is a clear case of a parasitic relationship.
The current existence of Nigeria is nothing but a parasitic and toxic relationship and that is why the country is currently collapsing. The parasites have started to outgrow the hosts in size.

The Igbos immensely contribute to the development of wherever they migrate to by acquiring landed properties and paying their taxes as law-abiding citizens. They are the true believers of a UNITED NIGERIA based on their actions!!

I refuse to be among those gullible, confused and brainwashed Middlebelt people or Southern Nigerians who will still fall for the message of a deceptive ONE NIGERIA built on lies and fraud.
You cannot preach ONE NIGERIA to me by your mouth only, it has to show in your actions.

If you are from the Middlebelt/Southern Nigeria and you agree and support the contents of this article, please do well to search for the page on Facebook (Noah K Son_Of_The_Plateau), like and share it on your wall, pages and groups with your friends and family.

God bless BIAFRA
God bless ODUDUWA
God bless KWARARAFA (Middlebelt)
God bless Southern/Middlebelt Nigerian union.

Written by
(Noah K. Son_Of_The_Plateau)
so true
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by SonOfThePlateau: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2021
efficiencie:
@SonOfThePlateau, decision making is usually driven by interest. The secession of Nigeria may suit you but you don't have to foist your sensibilities on others whose interest may diverge from yours. The igbos you referenced will have a lot to lose in the event of a secession. All their wealth in strange lands will be lost the instant that each state organizes their constitution to appropriate to themselves the property of non-indigenes. There are people who have businesses in different locations of the country and their drive to make more wealth will never allow them support secession. However those who have nothing to gain from Nigeria will easily fight for secession...so do not foist your common sense on others just because they hold views that diverge from yours.

As for me I support secession so that regions that intend to integrate can do so organically under renegotiated terms. The Abuja hegemony is a problem. Secession will decentralize political corruption and allow for a sweeping revolution by the people. A bloody decade may follow a secession but after the dust settles the new nations will emerge and renegotiate the terms of trade, monetary or economic integration.

Yes you are correct.

But other than secession, what on earth could be the possible solution to the current problems we are facing as a nation?

Believe you me, many people who are scared of the division of this country are those who are currently benefitting from the dysfunctional system. These kind of people do not care about the other lives being wasted unless it comes to their doorsteps.
That is extreme selfishness.

Nigeria is clearly a union of incompatible bedfellows. It's not really about Abuja controlling everything.

Even if Abuja was controlling everything and we were very compatible. There wouldn't have been so much killings, destruction and grievances.
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Taba21: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

Mister, please do us a favour, use a dictionary if you don't know how to use google to check the meaning of "selfish"

The north has had the presidency so many times, the SW has had, the SS has had...Igbos have not, yet you open your mouth to say they are selfish.

The word...must have a different meaning in your language.

Who is giving you guys presidency better continue killing yourself till you get Biafra
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by FakeUnity: 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
AfghanEASTERN

Arewanistan sounds better mr abokeyna. grin
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by Taba21: 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
as in ehn, them just deh vex person, especially the Igbos and their sympathizers

They are now having Asaba as an alternative location after ravage their own region
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by BafanaBafana: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
SonOfThePlateau:
IGBOS, THE TRUE BELIEVERS OF ONE NIGERIA.

Written by
(Noah K. Son_Of_The_Plateau)
Noah, your article should be titled "Igbos, the most beneficiaries of one Nigeria"
Igbos are mostly business men, and they need a market to ply their trade, being in Nigeria is therefore the greatest blessing God has bestowed on them. See how large and populous Nigeria is, they are free to do business in any part of it.
Furthermore, the whole of Igbo land is smaller than Niger state. So you see, land is scarce making it expensive and reserved for their indigenes. This alone is a good reason why they rush to buy land when they see it well available in other places. In the north there is so much land they don't know what to do with it.

Finally, you being from plateau, I understand your point of view. In the north (except Benue and Kogi) they speak one language . The tribes the have there are Christians and Muslims. The Christians have gradually become much like Igbos in political reasoning, terrible victim mentality, persecution mentality etc. All their thinking is Christian Vs Muslim. In fact, all the talk about islamising Nigeria comes from you. You guys see the southern Christians as your brothers, most of you support ipob and Nnamdi Kanu and always wish to be part of Biafra if it is actualised.
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
yen yen yen, that is Kalabari in R/state, igbos don't own those lands.
BTW, its not a capital city just in case u are shocked

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Trust me, you don’t wanna play ‘this isn’t our state capital but it’s just as sexy’ with Igbos, because you’re gonna lose! wink
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
BafanaBafana:

Noah, your article should be titled "Igbos, the most beneficiaries of one Nigeria"
Igbos are mostly business men, and they need a market to ply their trade, being in Nigeria is therefore the greatest blessing God has bestowed on them. See how large and populous Nigeria is, they are free to do business in any part of it.
Furthermore, the whole of Igbo land is smaller than Niger state. So you see, land is scarce making it expensive and reserved for their indigenes. This alone is a good reason why they rush to buy land when they see it well available in other places. In the north there is so much land they don't know what to do with it.

Finally, you being from plateau, I understand your point of view. In the north (except Benue and Kogi) they speak one language . The tribes the have there are Christians and Muslims. The Christians have gradually become much like Igbos in political reasoning, terrible victim mentality, persecution mentality etc. All their thinking is Christian Vs Muslim. In fact, all the talk about islamising Nigeria comes from you. You guys see the southern Christians as your brothers, most of you support ipob and Nnamdi Kanu and always wish to be part of Biafra if it is actualised.

Erm...i’m guessing you a muslim from the core north! Am i right? smiley
Re: Igbos, The True Believers Of One Nigeria by efficiencie(m): 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
SonOfThePlateau:

Yes you are correct.

But other than secession, what on earth could be the possible solution to the current problems we are facing as a nation?

Believe you me, many people who are scared of the division of this country are those who are currently benefitting from the dysfunctional system. These kind of people do not care about the other lives being wasted unless it comes to their doorsteps.
That is extreme selfishness.

Nigeria is clearly a union of incompatible bedfellows. It's not really about Abuja controlling everything.

Even if Abuja was controlling everything and we were very compatible. There wouldn't have been so much killings, destruction and grievances.

We are very compatible. Over compatible sef dey worry us. The problem of Nigeria are its political and economic elite. They are the ones that have enough money to pay lazy youths to go and kill. They are the ones who weaponized the police, army, navy and airforce against the citizenry. They bought our courts and have the entire judicial system in their pockets...secession will not make the problem go away because the very same members of the elite club in Nigeria today will continue their operations in the break away regions. To compound the problem the elite are united whether they are Igbo, yoruba, hausa, Muslim or Christian but the poor masses irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliation are at war with each other. Do you think Obi Cubana hates Aliko Dangote? Or do you think Allen Onyenma is at war with Otedola? But you will see poor masses getting hired to kill their fellow poor masses. Poverty is evil aswear! Do you think Ganduje of Kano state will not do deals with Uzodinma of Imo state if the deal will profit both of them to the tune of billions of dollars? The day our revolution starts is the day the poor masses quit working for the elite and decide to forget ethnicity, forget religion, agree and join forces to fight our common enemy, the political and economic elite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Former Teammates ‘snub’ Me – Ex-super Eagle Player / Efcc Arrested Willie Obiano: Efcc Gives Reason Why They Arrested Willie Obiano / Breaking News;osibanjo Declares Presidential Ambituon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.