Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,332 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 (6993 Views)

Tinubu Dancing 'Ijo Eko' With Orji Uzor Kalu And Ngige (Throwback Video) / Stop Claiming FG, World Bank Sponsored Projects For State",Group Berate Ikpeazu / Stop Claiming Port-harcourt Terminal Project, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
[quote author=SlayerForever post=106446125]

So what about this https://twitter.com/i/status/1397845874349379584

Tinyeya n'ime ka ofo chi ọkụ grin grin grin

Nembe boys Igbo get swags ọ grin grin grin

P
Go and claim Ijaw areas physical.
Online will do u no good.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by SlayerForever: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
[quote author=Ebi2233 post=106446351][/quote]

Okay. We are coming.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:

That is Ijaw trying to force a foreign language on the people. This continues to fail woefully though.

Shameless talk.
Did someone point guns to their head?
Or did they cry that Ibo should come and save them?

Liars.
They learn Ibani-Ijaw compulsorily, in all their primary and secondary schools till today, and never Ibo.
Una 419 end on Nairaland.

Go and claim them physical.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by SlayerForever: 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233:

Shameless talk.
Did someone point guns to their head?
Or did they cry that Ibo should come and save them?

Liars.
They learn Ibani-Ijaw compulsorily, in all their primary and secondary schools till today, and never Ibo.
Una 419 end on Nairaland.

We are coming bro. Biafra is coming.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
cry
SlayerForever:

We are coming bro. Biafra is coming.

We are prepared with our Ijaw Militants, and we are waiting for you guys.
We are waiting in Ijaw Republic waiting for you guys.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by SlayerForever: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233:
cry

We are prepared with our Ijaw Militants, and we are waiting for you guys.
We are waiting in Ijaw Republic waiting for you guys.

Hm my brother no talk that thing loud o Igbo no dey play.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:

Hm my brother no talk that thing loud o Igbo no dey play.

We Ijaws don't play either.
When we start, even federal government dey beg.

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
We are fully ready. As always.

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by SlayerForever: 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233:

We Ijaws don't play either.
When we start, even federal government dey beg.

Start what? Bursting pipeline?

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:

Start what? Bursting pipeline?

Why didn't Ipob do the same if they can.
Instead they kill innocent ibos.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by SlayerForever: 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233

So we should leave combat and burst pipeline instead like you people. You are just a clown bro. Let us open a new thread for this.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:
Ebi2233

So we should leave combat and burst pipeline instead like you people. You are just a clown bro. Let us open a new thread for this.

If it's easy they should do it.
Instead of they killing other ibos.
Is that the combat you speak of?

Killing the people, you claim you are trying to save.

Ipob kill ibos without end.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by JANK23H(m): 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:

So what about this https://twitter.com/i/status/1397845874349379584

Tinyeya n'ime ka ofo chi ọkụ grin grin grin

Nembe boys Igbo get swags ọ grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by JANK23H(m): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:

That is Ijaw trying to force a foreign language on the people. This continues to fail woefully though.
Can anyone force a people to learn another language in this century?

IPoB tout

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Izuchukwu18(m): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
giftibo:
Igbos should stop claiming Ijaw territories on Nairaland Alone, go claim it physical.
Those post saying that Kalabari is not Ijaw was created by ibos.
Asari Dokubo who always say Igbos are Ijaw slaves repeatedly, is from Kalabari and he never said Igbos are Kalabari slaves.
But always, he say ibos are Ijaw slaves, and he is also a former President of Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide.
The Vice President of Ijaw National Congress Sir Atamuno A. Atamuno is from Kalabari.
The 50 towns of Bonny LGA, and also the Opobo people, are jointly the Ibani subgroup of the Ijaw people.
Bonny and Opobo, just like Okrika, Kalabari, Nembe, In Bayelsa, Brass in Bayelsa, all use Amayanabo as the King title, and never Eze like ibos.
Im partly from Brass area of Bayelsa.
The rest Ijaw use Pere.
The Ibo spoken in Bonny and Opobo is a borrowed language, and as the Ibo was now killing the Ibani-Ijaw due to the great influx of Ibo from all Ibo land, to Bonny and Opobo.
The Bonny and Opobo leaders, had a serious meeting, and made Ibani teaching, fully compulsorily for all Ibani Ijaw students in primary and secondary school.
Why didn't they make Ibo.
The Secretary General of Ijaw Republic Liberation Movement one of the closest people to General Ditari, known as Hitman, is from Okrika.

All ibo claim of Ijaw territories end online.
Even the online claim they wrote themselves, about some Ijaws not being Ijaws, every Ijaw know that it's ibos handwork writing it themselves, and posing as Ijaws.
All Ijaws, under, Ijaw Youth Council IYC Ijaw National Congress INC and the Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization LINO, are the ones going for Ijaw Republic, without leaving none behind.
Ijaws are in Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa. Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and the Aminadokiari (Ndoki) Ijaws, of whom are Ibani Ijaw people.
All these Ijaws share perfect boundaries with each other, without other tribes, getting into their centre.
They too are under this Ijaw Organizations today, and their leaders told other Ijaw leaders to make sure they are carried along in Ijaw Republic.
This map here, shows the Ijaw Republic map in the Nigerian self determination areas map.
It carries Aminadokiari too.
It also shows Ijaw Republic flag.

Oh my God look at that map the ijaw claimed,ogoni , kalabari, obigbo, iteshekiri ,isoko and part of akwaibom join,ooh no this is an act of landgrabbing.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by SlayerForever: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
JANK23H:

Can anyone force a people to learn another language in this century?

IPoB tout

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by JANK23H(m): 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
SlayerForever:

Yes.
Oporopo
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
BKayy:

They are learning Ubani language not Ijaw. You can fool others here by attaching "Ijaw" to the back like Fulani do with "Hausa-Fulani" not me.
It started after the war, displacing the name "Igbo Language". The same was done in Ikwerre areas at the same time.

Ok. In that Ubani language they learn, they call something "Ọlị" can you tell us what it is? Since their ancestors came from your compound as you alleged.

And for the record, "Brass is Brass" not Ijaw. The un calculated stupidity from Alagoa can't change the identity of thousands of Brass people because Alagoa is just one Ignorant man.
They are not even learning any Ibani language in school, Ibani language is only taught on their FB page "Let speak Ibani" it was just last week that they Opened an Ibani language learning center in PH Town, of which is only attented by those from Finima & kilibiama

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
NeverBrokeAgainG:

They are not even learning any Ibani language in school, Ibani language is only taught on their FB page "Let speak Ibani" it was just last week that they Opened an Ibani language learning center in PH Town, of which is only attented by those from Finima & kilibiama

Your Nairaland lies, will not help you, go and claim them physical.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
NeverBrokeAgainG:

See as you and the other dot circle landlocked Biafra Republic citizen like you are both confusing yourselves

Stop claiming Ijaw areas, on Nairaland, go and do it physical.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233:

Why doesn't the Ibani-Ijaw People of Bonny and Opobo learn Ibo like other Ibo areas. But instead they learn Ibani Ijaw in primary and secondary school.
There is no such thing as Ibani language taught in Primary & secondary school, it's only taught of Facebook of which only those from Finima & kilibiama seems to show interest in learning it,stop deceiving yourself

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
NeverBrokeAgainG:

There is no such thing as Ibani language taught in Primary & secondary school, it's only taught of Facebook of which only those from Finima & kilibiama seems to show interest in learning it,stop deceiving yourself

I repeat go and claim them physical.
Your Nairaland lies will do you no good.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233:

I repeat go and claim them physical.
Your Nairaland lies will do you no good.
There is no need for this Noise,Come and stand on the way when the time Comes

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
NeverBrokeAgainG:

There is no need for this Noise,Come and stand on the way when the time Comes

You put hope on your Ipob that only kill fellow ibos.
Don't worry our Ijaw Militants, are fully prepared and waiting for your useless Ipob.
Only Isaac Boro and his village Youths were able to hold Ojukwu that was having federal support, and power.
And he was using both ibos and none ibos in the name of his useless Eastern Region, still he couldn't hold Boro and his village youths for 12 days of serious fight
Other Ijaws didn't even support the fight.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233:

You put hope on your Ipob that only kill fellow ibos.
Don't worry our Ijaw Militants, are fully prepared and waiting for your useksee Ipob.
Come and stand on the way when the time Comes,. I swear to God if we don't wipe you people off the face of the Earth let heaven & earth stop existing

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
NeverBrokeAgainG:

Come and stand on the way when the time Comes,. I swear to God if we don't wipe you people off the face of the Earth let heaven & earth stop existing

Mouth the time is now or never.
They are already in Ijaw Republic map.
And their leaders are fully working with the Ijaw Republic Liberation Movement Militant Forces.
And they are fully in it.

The time is now or never.
All Ibo rants, end here on Nairaland, no where e reach.

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233:
Despite the fact that Kogi state is bigger than the 5 ibo states put together, enugu state have Idoma people in it, Anambra state have Igala people in it, Abia state have Aminadokiari Ijaws in it, that are under IYC and INC and LINO today.
Ndoki IYC Chairman is Samson Belle today.

IMO State have acculturated Egbema Ijaw people Ebonyi State have Cross River languages in it.
And u say Ibos are more than Ijaws. How come?
When only Edo state is nearly as big as Kogi state, and Ijaws spread straight into more than six States, without other tribes entering their centre, and you say Ibos are more than Ijaw.
How come?
Many people u think are ibos are actually Ijaws under Ijaw Youth Council IYC and Ijaw National Congress INC and the Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization LINO.
Keep consoling yourself, the time is coming

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
NeverBrokeAgainG:

Keep consoling yourself, the time is coming
Is it when Jesus come?
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Abagworo(m): 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igbos have no hand in your internal affairs https://www.nairaland.com/20932/kalabari-people/2

Thanks for the input. 

I don't know as to whether you are a Kalabari or an Ijaw per se but I think there's too much of a leaning towards the Ijaws in your narration of Kalabari history.  It seems as though you are narrating it from the point of view of an Ijaw person - i.e. giving it an Ijaw perspective, if you see what I mean.

I say this because we, as Kalabari people, have never seen ourselves as Ijaws (although grouped by the colonialists as belonging to the Ijaw tribe).  The typical Ijaw towns (Nembe, Brass, Yenagoa, Sangama and so on) are much too far away from Kalabari kingdom, almost nearer to Warri and Sapele in the Mid-West than to the Kalabari towns and villages or indeed, Okrika, Bonny or Opobo.  Hope you get my point and not take offence at it 'cos any Kalabari would tell you that.

Having said that, I would say that you've shed some light on this, some things about which I'm either not aware, not taught, or have totally forgotten, being that I have been away from Nigeria for most of my life - 34 years to be precise and have never been home in all of those years!

As a primary school kid in BAKANA, I can't ever remember our being told about the existence of 'canoe houses' before the Portuguese came on the scene.  I can but, only go by the history of the Kalabari people as we were taught in primary school, and as narrated to us by the elders of the town

Still, you and I are not quite far-off in our narration of Kalabari history.  In saying that, I'm from Iyalla's compound in Bakana so do know that Fouche is Ifoko - a part of Bakana and not too far away from Iyalla polo.   

As I said before, I don't quite get the Ijaw part of your narrative, as we Kalabaris don't see ourselves as Ijaws.  Neither do I agree with you on the bit about Ibani, the Kalabari language, or the part about the other Kalabari towns not having moved from Elem Ama, amongst very many other points raised in your write-up.  Albeit, a good account of Kalabari history, I must say.

Understandably, none of us was present at the time the history of the Kalabari people was being made, that many hundreds of years ago, to give a witness account of what went on, hence must be most careful not to sound pedantic as if the one were present at the time.

I do know however, that Okrika and Kalabari have an almost identical language and fought so many wars in the olden days.  I never knew either that Ibani (Bonny) and Kalabari languages are similar!!  Surely, Kalabari language is NEVER similar to Ibani, or is it?  Never heard, never been told that, either.  In saying that, there was a guy from Bonny that lived in West Bromwich.  He dated my cousin and I can swear that he never sounded like a Kalabari whenever he spoke to me.  Never!  Okrika, most definitely yes but not Ibani (Bonny), as you seem to imply.  Maybe there's a mix-up here.    

Iyalla is the Kalabari name of my family whereas, the Europeans addressed us as 'Yellowe' in view of the skin-tone of my late forefathers.  Thus the name Yellowe is exactly the same as Iyalla and my family members bear either of those two names.  I'm a direct descendant of the Iyallas, as my dad, the late Dr C.I. Berepiki was the last born of Ine, daughter of Paramount Chief Iyalla.  My late uncle, Chief Vincent Yellowe was the chief of Iyalla's compound in Bakana, at the time I was at home.  I know for sure that the Iyalla family originates from Tombia (we have Iyalla's compound in Tombia even now), but not the Ibani Clan bit from which Tombia originates, according to you.  I also know that Paramount Chief Iyalla founded Bakana and handed over the ruling of the town to his cousin - Chief Braide, as he was the elder of the two.  I don't ever remember being told in primary school history class (or by the elders, when I was a kid at home), that Bakana fought against Elem Ama (Elem Kalabari) - whatever for?  However, I do know that Paramount Chief Iyalla and his people were the first to move from Elem Kalabari to found Bakana.

There are some other key points in your narrative about which I totally disagree and beg to differ because I don't live at home and so can not verify the facts from our elders.  That said, I'll never give credence to the history of the Kalabari people as written by the European colonialists other than one by the English anthropologist and crowned Kalabari chief -  Chief Dr Hutton of Buguma.  I guess he is still alive and living amongst his fellow-Kalabaris, even though a white man.

Maybe a Kalabari that lives at home, and is well-up on our history would come in here to add their piece to this discussion.  I would really want to have a third opinion on this.

Kalabari people, where are you?  Come in please

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Ebi2233: 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
Abagworo:
Igbos have no hand in your internal affairs https://www.nairaland.com/20932/kalabari-people/2

Thanks for the input. 

I don't know as to whether you are a Kalabari or an Ijaw per se but I think there's too much of a leaning towards the Ijaws in your narration of Kalabari history.  It seems as though you are narrating it from the point of view of an Ijaw person - i.e. giving it an Ijaw perspective, if you see what I mean.

I say this because we, as Kalabari people, have never seen ourselves as Ijaws (although grouped by the colonialists as belonging to the Ijaw tribe).  The typical Ijaw towns (Nembe, Brass, Yenagoa, Sangama and so on) are much too far away from Kalabari kingdom, almost nearer to Warri and Sapele in the Mid-West than to the Kalabari towns and villages or indeed, Okrika, Bonny or Opobo.  Hope you get my point and not take offence at it 'cos any Kalabari would tell you that.

Having said that, I would say that you've shed some light on this, some things about which I'm either not aware, not taught, or have totally forgotten, being that I have been away from Nigeria for most of my life - 34 years to be precise and have never been home in all of those years!

As a primary school kid in BAKANA, I can't ever remember our being told about the existence of 'canoe houses' before the Portuguese came on the scene.  I can but, only go by the history of the Kalabari people as we were taught in primary school, and as narrated to us by the elders of the town

Still, you and I are not quite far-off in our narration of Kalabari history.  In saying that, I'm from Iyalla's compound in Bakana so do know that Fouche is Ifoko - a part of Bakana and not too far away from Iyalla polo.   

As I said before, I don't quite get the Ijaw part of your narrative, as we Kalabaris don't see ourselves as Ijaws.  Neither do I agree with you on the bit about Ibani, the Kalabari language, or the part about the other Kalabari towns not having moved from Elem Ama, amongst very many other points raised in your write-up.  Albeit, a good account of Kalabari history, I must say.

Understandably, none of us was present at the time the history of the Kalabari people was being made, that many hundreds of years ago, to give a witness account of what went on, hence must be most careful not to sound pedantic as if the one were present at the time.

I do know however, that Okrika and Kalabari have an almost identical language and fought so many wars in the olden days.  I never knew either that Ibani (Bonny) and Kalabari languages are similar!!  Surely, Kalabari language is NEVER similar to Ibani, or is it?  Never heard, never been told that, either.  In saying that, there was a guy from Bonny that lived in West Bromwich.  He dated my cousin and I can swear that he never sounded like a Kalabari whenever he spoke to me.  Never!  Okrika, most definitely yes but not Ibani (Bonny), as you seem to imply.  Maybe there's a mix-up here.    

Iyalla is the Kalabari name of my family whereas, the Europeans addressed us as 'Yellowe' in view of the skin-tone of my late forefathers.  Thus the name Yellowe is exactly the same as Iyalla and my family members bear either of those two names.  I'm a direct descendant of the Iyallas, as my dad, the late Dr C.I. Berepiki was the last born of Ine, daughter of Paramount Chief Iyalla.  My late uncle, Chief Vincent Yellowe was the chief of Iyalla's compound in Bakana, at the time I was at home.  I know for sure that the Iyalla family originates from Tombia (we have Iyalla's compound in Tombia even now), but not the Ibani Clan bit from which Tombia originates, according to you.  I also know that Paramount Chief Iyalla founded Bakana and handed over the ruling of the town to his cousin - Chief Braide, as he was the elder of the two.  I don't ever remember being told in primary school history class (or by the elders, when I was a kid at home), that Bakana fought against Elem Ama (Elem Kalabari) - whatever for?  However, I do know that Paramount Chief Iyalla and his people were the first to move from Elem Kalabari to found Bakana.

There are some other key points in your narrative about which I totally disagree and beg to differ because I don't live at home and so can not verify the facts from our elders.  That said, I'll never give credence to the history of the Kalabari people as written by the European colonialists other than one by the English anthropologist and crowned Kalabari chief -  Chief Dr Hutton of Buguma.  I guess he is still alive and living amongst his fellow-Kalabaris, even though a white man.

Maybe a Kalabari that lives at home, and is well-up on our history would come in here to add their piece to this discussion.  I would really want to have a third opinion on this.

Kalabari people, where are you?  Come in please

Posing as Kalabari will do you no good.
Asari Dokubo always say Ibo are Ijaw slaves, why didnt he say Ibos are Kalabari slaves.
The present number 2 person in the Ijaw Nation, the Ijaw National Congress Vice President, Sir Atamuno A Atamuno is also Kalabari.
All Ibo lies end here on Nairaland.
Go and claim the Ijaw areas physical.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Claiming Ijo Territory 2 by Abagworo(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ebi2233:

Posing as Kalabari will do you no good.
Asari Dokubo always say Ibo are Ijaw slaves, why didnt he say Ibos are Kalabari slaves.
The present number 2 person in the Ijaw Nation, the Ijaw National Congress Vice President, Sir Atamuno A Atamuno is also Kalabari.
All Ibo lies end here on Nairaland.
Go and claim the Ijaw areas physical.

I don't think I've ever seen any Igbo man claim Kakabari is Igbo. Igbos know where the boundary stops at Ikwerre and the issue has always been Ikwerre being Igbo or not. Kalabari is seen by Igbos including Ikwerres as Mbamiri, Oru, Orukwo or Olu which translates to riverine peoples. It is Kalabari people themselves that have rejected the Ijaw tag because they feel it will diminish their own unique identity so it should be addressed as internal or brotherly squabble among riverine people not bringing Igbos into it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Soludo Signs ₦‎260 Billion 2023 Budget Of Acceleration Into Law / Nigeria's big boys - Pic / 2012 Budget: FG Removes Fuel Subsidy & Proposes N4.8tr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.