Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) (41596 Views)

Anthony Joshua Visits DJ Cuppy In Oxford University (Photo) / DJ Cuppy's Mother, Nana Otedola Visits Her At Oxford University / DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Bitchiamjay(m): 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Philipmems:
Who cares? The attention your parents don't give you is what this clown comes to collect/ attract on social media. You got into Oxford because your father is rich, not because you are intelligent. Clown.

Who do you this thing? Better cleanse this your alomo bitter heart with better herbal and spiritual cleanser.
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Perfectbeing(m): 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
See as lecture theater resemble where UN leaders meet..
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by gforce5: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
Sorry bro but our points are divergent. Even Prince Harry would not get into Oxford with his poor A'level grades let alone someone like Otedola. The point I'm making is that you have to be brainy or have an impressive resume to get into schools like Oxford/Cambridge. I am not a fan of Cuppy but I have to give credit where it's due. With her family wealth, she doesn't need to push herself to acquire more degrees but she is.
Commentor:

You do know you've made his point, don't you?

Money alone would likely not get you into Oxford but it sure helps.

It'll be nice to know if Cuppy made a first in her first degree, or a distinction at her previous masters.

We cannot discount other elements besides pure academics made her Oxford University admission a possibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by dealerman(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
Very funny indeed!!
You want to obtain masters degree in African Studies and you think the best institution to offer you all the information and knowledge is Oxford.
Instead of a reputable African University.
Indirectly, Oxford will provide her with every necessary information than an African university?
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Trumann: 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2021
ejanla077:
You mean when her father was looting.. Lagos state

Her father never ruled Lagos, so how did he loot? Your own father that didn't loot, what has he achieved in life?
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by WoundedLamb: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:
Congrats to her

But no be everything them dey announce for social media
And gaining admission into Oxford University is not worth announcing on one's social media account?

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Exodora: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
ufotty2001:
Please guys.. is that English correct? "First day of classes"
As if is one class/lecture she will attend for the day . Class ooo classes ooo as long as the information is digest what next
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Kajaard: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
This girl's attention seeking is out of this world. Haba
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Corporate2020: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
With two degrees, she became a DJ. With a third degree she will probably graduate to a dancer.
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by MufasaLion: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Philipmems:
Who cares? The attention your parents don't give you is what this clown comes to collect/ attract on social media. You got into Oxford because your father is rich, not because you are intelligent. Clown.

You're a big clown.

Where was your father then. I'll tell you. Your father was sitting at home creating meme and hurling insults at his mates while they were busy creating wealth. Same shit you're doing now.
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by thanor(m): 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
How oyibo dey teach u about Africa. If u really wan study africa, enter street for 9ja. She go just dey parade certificate wey no make sense
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by MufasaLion: 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
dealerman:
Very funny indeed!!
You want to obtain masters degree in African Studies and you think the best institution to offer you all the information and knowledge is Oxford.
Instead of a reputable African University.
Indirectly, Oxford will provide her with every necessary information than an African university?

Really African Universities? Bro, because a course is related to Africa directly or indirectly doesn't make Africa to have the best resources on it. She's well learned so she knows what is best for her.

Oxford is not just a school that has reputation, it has meet up with the expectation always.
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by SunmibareARC: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
ufotty2001:
Please guys.. is that English correct? "First day of classes"

Yes Sir, it is
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by SunmibareARC: 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ademola47:
I'm confused o.

I think Masters is second degree, but the topic says third degree. Has she got an Msc before?

Not sure, but she probably has a 1st degree in Naija.
2nd (uni) abroad
3rd masters
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by nextstep(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Philipmems:

So... are we to assume then that most kids in Oxford are there because of rich parents? Why then does Oxford have a history of graduating intelligent students?
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by ejanla077: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Trumann:

Her father never ruled Lagos, so how did he loot? Your own father that didn't loot, what has he achieved in life?

At least he got better life than u will ever live....

Micheal otedola was lagos governor..
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Tats(m): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
Gamesmart:

Yep.

There are normally multiple classes in days at uni, so first day of classes.

There are a lot of classes to take before you are awarded a degree, so first day of classes.

Correct reply. Good one. smiley

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Philipmems(m): 5:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
nextstep:

So... are we to assume then that most kids in Oxford are there because of rich parents? Why then does Oxford have a history of graduating intelligent students?

This is a reasonable argument, and I will engage in a civil discussion with you. There are two ways to get into elite schools like Oxford, Cambridge, Havard, MIT etc. The first is if you/family are wealthy and the second is gifted meaning you are funded by scholarship. Mind you these schools are not charity organizations and they don't dish out scholarships to everyone, the fees are expensive. According to a study carried out April 2021 only 140 students this year and the last 5 years received scholarship. The wealthy use their influence to insert their kids into these schools and can afford the expensive fee associated with schooling there. Why is it that most rich people's kids go to elite schools when I know some are not intelligent or gifted?

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/oct/19/oxbridge-becoming-less-diverse-as-richest-gain-80-of-offers

This is a study done in 2017 that shows that oxford has been giving admission to the kids of the wealthy for a long time. That is not to say the standard of the school has depreciated, I am just saying oxford is known to give admission to the kids of the rich.
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by chaloskyx: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
THE TRUTH BEHIND AMASSING DEGREES IS JUST TO KILL TIME AND A STAGNANT CAREER YOUR DJ CAREER FAILED YOUR CHASING AJ FAILED SO YOU GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO KEEP YOURSELF BUSY TILL WHEN YOU DECIDE WHAT DIRECTION YOU WANT TO MOVE TO NEXT
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Unclefemolala(m): 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
Miyachi:

You'd be surprised. A lot of rich kids get into Ivy Leagues because of how influential their families are and the donations (read: bribes) they give to the university.

Don't mind these guys

I read a report on Ivy league schools..
First priority is given to rich alumnus
Then to kids of parents who gives huge donations and endowment

Then other priorities goes to the exceptional intelligent ones.

With say a $200k donation he's good to go
Not to say she couldn't have deserved it though
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Unclefemolala(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
Philipmems:

This is a reasonable argument, and I will engage in a civil discussion with you. There are two ways to get into elite schools like Oxford, Cambridge, Havard, MIT etc. The first is if you/family are wealthy and the second is gifted meaning you are funded by scholarship. Mind you these schools are not charity organizations and they don't dish out scholarships to everyone, the fees are expensive. According to a study carried out April 2021 only 140 students this year and the last 5 years received scholarship. The wealthy use their influence to insert their kids into these schools and can afford the expensive fee associated with schooling there. Why is it that most rich people's kids go to elite schools when I know some are not intelligent or gifted?

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/oct/19/oxbridge-becoming-less-diverse-as-richest-gain-80-of-offers

This is a study done in 2017 that shows that oxford has been giving admission to the kids of the wealthy for a long time. That is not to say the standard of the school has depreciated, I am just saying oxford is known to give admission to the kids of the rich.

Exactly

There is also preference for a notable family member alumni or patron
Research had it that most American students in universities either had a relative who's an alumni or referee
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Miyachi: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Unclefemolala:

Don't mind these guys

I read a report on Ivy league schools..
First priority is given to rich alumnus
Then to kids of parents who gives huge donations and endowment

Then other priorities goes to the exceptional intelligent ones.

With say a $200k donation he's good to go
Not to say she couldn't have deserved it though
Very true. Being wealthy puts you at an advantage whether you're intelligent or not. I'm not discounting her intellectual prowess but the story might have been different if she was from an average family.
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Temysteve(m): 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
Philipmems:
Wow! So much bitterness in you. I pray you get there one day..
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Temysteve(m): 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
Philipmems:
Wow! So much bitterness in you. I pray you get there one day....

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by irunoko(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
Awoo88:
This girl is bored.
but she has girlfriends na

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Bobcul: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
wetin Dj Cuppy money no fit do, Otedola money go do am.
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by ledaman: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
Trumann:

When her father was working for his money, what was your own father doing?
That is why you want to use 4 sittings to get 5 credits.
lolz! Kai you wicked ooo grin
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by ledaman: 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
Philipmems:
Na Olodo you be I swear! Do you think na the state poly you are struggling to graduate she attended before? Beg Almighty God to bless your parents too! You or keep trying until you make it.
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by COMPAQ(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
grandstar:
She dey try.

Me, after I finish uni, I swore never to go back. School tire me.

Am I the only one?

When you see better school, e go sweet you.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by Awoo88: 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
irunoko:
but she has girlfriends na
She is a rich girl with rich girls as friends. Those ones are boring and are not bringing the type of excitement she craves. And her status a omo butty will not alow her mix with the street the way she wants
Re: DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) by seanjy4konji: 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
If you think say it easy to enter easy...

I am telling you its easy for man to enter Kingdom of heaven than to enter that Oxford...

If you doubt mecheck your lineage and tell ss how many of their friends and families llineage went there or even visited the school on open days

Then you will know just following the word of God is still easy to do....Having the brain and money to enter there is not easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Successful Young Celebrities In Nigeria / Duncan Mighty Storms A Pant Store To Buy A Dozen Of Pants For His Wife / Funke Akindele Reacts To Miracle Winning Big Brother Naija 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.