Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord (2708 Views)

Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 / See The Number Of Cars Imported Through Nigerian Ports Between 2012-2017 / Between Camry Spider And Honda Evil Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by OlaBa: 7:01am On Oct 05, 2021
I want to buy my first car and I literally know nothing about cars. I'm torn between 2012 to 2015 Toyota Camry and Honda Accord

I'm thinking Camry but that's because it's everywhere where I am and people keep telling me here that it's better than Honda but I feel they don't know better

What I want in a car:

Reliability
Not so hard to maintain
Technology features
Safety of course

Note: I can comfortably afford the stated cars, I'm just looking for opinions from car gurus here.

I'm also open to other suggestions apart from Camry and Accord. Thanks
Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by OKOATA(m): 7:13am On Oct 05, 2021
Camry and Honda is a cool car most Nigerian use, camry is only a bit better because of the resale value, it's resale value is better than honda but all in all both cars are good.
Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by OlaBa: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2021
OKOATA:
Camry and Honda is a cool car most Nigerian use, camry is only a bit better because of the resale value, it's resale value is better than honda but all in all both cars are good.

Okay thanks
Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by Omeiza100: 8:20am On Oct 05, 2021
Depends on wat you want in a car
Reliability = Camry though the Honda too is good
Maintenance = Camry
Technology = Honda oo
Interior = Honda
Power = Honda
Safety features = both are good
Personally I prefer that Honda since they’ve resolved the leg issue in this model
It looks different n the interior is lovely Mehn
Camry is becoming too common
Making the parts costly
Infact Toyota’s demand is crazy hence parts are getting expensive
Jus stand out and enjoy the Honda.

Both ca

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by OlaBa: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2021
Omeiza100:
Depends on wat you want in a car
Reliability = Camry though the Honda too is good
Maintenance = Camry
Technology = Honda oo
Interior = Honda
Power = Honda
Safety features = both are good
Personally I prefer that Honda since they’ve resolved the leg issue in this model
It looks different n the interior is lovely Mehn
Camry is becoming too common
Making the parts costly
Infact Toyota’s demand is crazy hence parts are getting expensive
Jus stand out and enjoy the Honda.

Both ca

Thanks boss for your input. Leaning toward Honda too but my friends are telling me I can't go wrong with Toyota
Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by Omeiza100: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2021
You can’t go wrong with Toyota to be honest
Buh I honestly feel you get more value for money for that Honda
I do reviews on cars on Instagram @auto_wurld
I’ll be doing reviews for both cars today

Resale value is not bad for that Honda either

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by symbianDON(m): 9:41am On Oct 05, 2021
It's the accord for me. The camry is a solid car though.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by dadabashua1(m): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2021
Omeiza100:

God bless you for this, its not all round when we talk about second hand value,its depends on location, biggest lie is when someone in the north says 2015 Camry has better second value than accord,I guess his using his location (south when ever they are talking about second hand value)
Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by adanny01(m): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2021
OKOATA:

This resale value of a thing is a misplacement of priorities.

First, every Toyota car is always more expensive to buy used than any other brand in its class. However, the Toyota could be even cheaper to buy brand new.

What does that tell you, the only people who cash in on resale value are the people who bought the Toyota brand new.

In buying a used car, the depreciation is same. For example; buy the Camry at N6m and sell it after 2yrs for N4m and you lost N2m. On the other hand, buy the Accord at N5.5m and sell it after 2yrs for N3.5m and you lost exactly the same amount of N2m.

Resale price is not an advantage with a Toyota, the only thing i will admit in resale is not the value, its the demand which enables the resale quicker.

20 Likes

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by dadabashua1(m): 10:44am On Oct 05, 2021
adanny01:

First, every Toyota car is always more expensive to buy used than any other brand in its class. However, the Toyota could be even cheaper to buy brand new.

What does that tell you, the only people who cash in on resale value are the people who bought the Toyota brand new.

In buying a used car, the depreciation is same. For example; buy the Camry at N6m and sell it after 2yrs for N4m and you lost N2m. On the other hand, buy the Accord at N5.5m and sell it after 2yrs for N3.5m and you lost exactly the same amount of N2m.

Resale price is not an advantage with a Toyota, the only thing i will admit in resale is not the value, its the demand which enables the resale quicker.
you have said it all,seems people don't know how this resale value works, I buy an accord for 2.5 mil used and sell for 1.6,I lost 600k,someone buys Camry for 2.8 mil and sells off for 2.1 mil,he lost 700k,which has the real second value in the real sense?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by dadabashua1(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2021
Seriously I see a lot of wrong perception about the second hand value thing, Nigerians judge second hand value from the amount you sell a car,which is so so wrong,OK hearing you sold your accord for instance for 1.6 and someone sold his camry or corolla for 2.1 they will say Camry or corolla has better second hand value because its sold higher,wrong the real second hand value is measured from the amount you bought a car,deducted from the amount you sold it off,not the amount you sold it off only.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by SHABZ: 10:57am On Oct 05, 2021
For me, the Honda Accord is the winner. However, OP should actually test the Honda seat for a while before deciding... Honda seats have never been comfortable to me, whereas Toyota seats have suited me just fine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by chiefbuchiV12(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
2012-15 Honda Accord trumps Toyota Camry of the same year all day everyday and twice on a Sunday.....

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by OlaBa: 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Thanks everyone for your contributions, they are highly appreciated.

I'll post here when I finally get the car
Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by dru23(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
adanny01:

100% very wrong... Toyota cars are not cheap brand .... My assumption of your brand is tear rubber, straight from factory........ The yaris could be cheap brand new .... But generally Toyota are not cheap brand new

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by dru23(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
adanny01:

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by adanny01(m): 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
dru23:

100% very wrong... Toyota cars are not cheap brand .... My assumption of your brand is tear rubber, straight from factory........ The yaris could be cheap brand new .... But generally Toyota are not cheap brand new

The word you used, cheap, is an adjective.

The word I used, cheaper, is a relative adjective.

When something is cheaper, it means in comparison to another.

When i mentioned "could", I made my statement open , that means it could be cheaper but may not be correct everytime. If i intended to say Toyota is cheap, i will not waste my time to say "could be cheaper".

You didnt read the red words from me. You got me totally wrong.

If i said Toyota is cheap, i will be the one to tell myself i am "100% very wrong" before you had the opportunity to.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by BamBamK: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
standing ovation

claps claps claps claps

adanny01:

When i mentioned "could", I made my statement open , that means it could be cheaper but may not be correct everytime. If i intended to say Toyota is cheap, i will not waste my time to say "could be cheaper".

If i said Toyota is cheap, i will be the one to tell myself i am "100% very wrong" before you had the opportunity to.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by RZArecta(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
Have you seen the interior of a 2015 Accord ? Pure heaven. I'll pick that car a hundred times over any Camry. They both have the same reliability ratings (4.5/5 stars) anyway but the Accord trumps the Camry with its beauty

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by dru23(m): 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
adanny01:

Yes I get you when u said comparison to other brand in its class...... Now word "could" should not have been mention.

When comparing Toyota to other brands in its class been cheaper. There is no second guessing could, might be or maybe etc .. Toyota is expensive brand new.....

Now apart from the recall issues Toyota had with some of the cars in the past and a few recalls here and there.

Since Toyota is still most preferable car brand in the world. People that buy Toyota brand new from tend to keep them for a long time. The believe is that once bought brand new and paying the extra cost than its competitors. The car will last time without breaking down or until they get tired of it ..

Some of these owners will past it down to their kids. And the most important thing is the low yearly maintenance cost that attracts buyer. Most Toyota owners will tell you all you need to do is follow owners manual and do oil change.. That is the thing with Toyota cars follow owners and do the require oil change........

And this why Toyota cars last they way it last today . This is why car owners in Nigeria are able to enjoy. The cars are well maintain in abroad and when it gets to Nigeria it gets abuse grin imagine if it was abused before it got to naija. There won't be anything left at all for Nigerians to enjoy...........keep in mind Toyota assures buyers if maintain properly the car will last the intended time period.........

The only car that is cheaper and durable in its class could be the Honda cars and Hyundai .. The Hyundai are sneaking up in prices too

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by adanny01(m): 12:27am On Oct 08, 2021
dru23:

Yes I get you when u said comparison to other brand in its class...... Now word "could" should not have been mention.

When comparing Toyota to other brands in its class been cheaper. There is no second guessing could, might be or maybe etc .. Toyota is expensive brand new.....

Now apart from the recall issues Toyota had with some of the cars in the past and a few recalls here and there.

Since Toyota is still most preferable car brand in the world. People that buy Toyota brand new from tend to keep them for a long time. The believe is that once bought brand new and paying the extra cost than its competitors. The car will last time without breaking down or until they get tired of it ..

Some of these owners will past it down to their kids. And the most important thing is the low yearly maintenance cost that attracts buyer. Most Toyota owners will tell you all you need to do is follow owners manual and do oil change.. That is the thing with Toyota cars follow owners and do the require oil change........

And this why Toyota cars last they way it last today . This is why car owners in Nigeria are able to enjoy. The cars are well maintain in abroad and when it gets to Nigeria it gets abuse grin imagine if it was abused before it got to naija. There won't be anything left at all for Nigerians to enjoy...........keep in mind Toyota assures buyers if maintain properly the car will last the intended time period.........

The only car that is cheaper and durable in its class could be the Honda cars and Hyundai .. The Hyundai are sneaking up in prices too

MSRP

Does less than $500 sound expensive to you? Will 200k difference stop you from buying a brand new car if the price is N20m.

Imagine N20m vs N20.2m. Meanwhile you call one expensive and the other one is what then?

Why do you think they are in the same class? Even in price (brand new), they are perfectly in the same class. Please take notes.

Team Toyota no wan hear anything.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by dru23(m): 12:49am On Oct 08, 2021
adanny01:

MSRP

Does less than $500 sound expensive to you? Will 200k difference stop you from buying a brand new car if the price is N20m.

Imagine N20m vs N20.2m. Meanwhile you call one expensive and the other one is what then?

Why do you think they are in the same class? Even in price (brand new), they are perfectly in the same class. Please take notes.

Team Toyota no wan hear anything.

Apart from their Luxury division.... Am not really a big fan of their cars........

We can go all day with comparison..... As we go up in different models of car comparison in its class. Toyota can still cost more whether by large or small amount..

Below is 2021 Rav4 vs 2021 Honda Crv .. Toyota cost more by a $1000.... Am sure by the time we continue comparing cost the price of Toyota cars will likely go up......

Let us compare highlander, Sequoia, Tundra and 4runner to their class of other brands........

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:19am On Oct 09, 2021
That 2015 accord is no joke. The Toyota is a little too common but both are great cars
Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by Tucode: 5:10pm On Jan 22
dru23:

Honda is not cheaper than Toyota sir. The average Honda cars are usually around the same price with a Toyota or slightly more expensive. The sticker price of a fully loaded top of the line 2017 Honda Accord was over 34k dollars. The sticker price of a fully loaded Toyota Camry of that year was 31k plus. In the US, Hondas hold their resale value just as much as Toyotas, in fact even more in some cases. It’s only in Nigeria that Toyota is considerably higher than Honda in terms of price because Nigeria is just a weird place.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by dadabashua1(m): 8:57am On Jan 23
Tucode:

Honda is not cheaper than Toyota sir. The average Honda cars are usually around the same price with a Toyota or slightly more expensive. The sticker price of a fully loaded top of the line 2017 Honda Accord was over 34k dollars. The sticker price of a fully loaded Toyota Camry of that year was 31k plus. In the US, Hondas hold their resale value just as much as Toyotas, in fact even more in some cases. It’s only in Nigeria that Toyota is considerably higher than Honda in terms of price because Nigeria is just a weird place.
you will live long.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23
OlaBa:
I want to buy my first car and I literally know nothing about cars. I'm torn between 2012 to 2015 Toyota Camry and Honda Accord

I'm thinking Camry but that's because it's everywhere where I am and people keep telling me here that it's better than Honda but I feel they don't know better

What I want in a car:

Reliability
Not so hard to maintain
Technology features
Safety of course

Note: I can comfortably afford the stated cars, I'm just looking for opinions from car gurus here.

I'm also open to other suggestions apart from Camry and Accord. Thanks
If you plan to later do sell and add money, buy the Camry. Aside that, both are competitions so they share almost similar features.
Re: Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord by ariesbull: 10:48pm On Jan 23
Omeiza100:

Toyota is the worst mistake ...when the car comes with 2GR I pity him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Murano/mdx Touring / Opinion: Car Brands With Best Chilling Air-conditioning System / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.