Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,349 members, 7,954,410 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:26 PM

United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic (32470 Views)

Taking Advantage Of $319 Million New Consulate In Eko Atlantic / FEC Approves ₦658 Milion For Deployment Of Dogs In Lagos, Abuja Airports / Ekiti States Approves TSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Guestlander: 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
The first Oba of Lagos to be buried in Lagos was Oba Dosunmu, all others prior were buried in Benin.
History
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_of_Lagos

All Obas of Lagos trace their lineage to Ashipa, a war captain of the Oba of Benin. Ashipa was rewarded with title of Oloriogun (or War leader) and received the Oba of Benin's sanction to govern Lagos.

Some Benin accounts of history have the Ashipa as son or grandson of the Oba of Benin. Other accounts note that Ashipa is a Yoruba corruption of the Benin name Aisika-hienbore (translated "we shall not desert this place"wink.

Ashipa received a sword and royal drum as symbols of his authority from the Oba of Benin on his mission to Lagos. Additionally, the Oba of Benin deployed a group of Benin officers charged with preserving Benin's interests in Lagos. These officers, led by Eletu Odibo, were the initial members of the Akarigbere class of Lagos White Cap Chiefs.

Prior to the arrival of the British, the Oba of Benin had "the undisputed right to crown or confirm the individual whom the people of Lagos elect[ed] to be their King".

The defeat of Oba Kosoko by British forces on December 28, 1851, in what is now known as the Bombardment of Lagos or Reduction of Lagos, or locally as Ogun Ahoyaya or Ogun Agidingbi (after boiling cannons), put an end to Lagos' s former allegiance to the Oba of Benin.

Kosoko was therefore the last Oba of Lagos to remit annual tributes from the people of Lagos to the Oba of Benin. Oba Akitoye, who was re-installed to the throne by the British, "seized the opportunity of his restoration under British protection to repudiate his former allegiance" to Benin and rebuffed subsequent tribute requests from the Oba of Benin.

Previous rulers of Lagos have used the titles of Ologun (derived from Oloriogun), Eleko and, most recently, Oba of Lagos

Oba of Benin himself was a son of Oranmiyan. Case closed. It is dumb to argue the ownership of Lagos with anyone. If you think it's yours then take it.
As for the new US embassy, it is massive and will definitely draw a lot of development to that area.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BJanta: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
Aderewah:
Piglets go tell you tinubu did nothing in lagos. Yet they praise Peter obi to heaven. Years after tinubu left, lagos na highest for all economic and infrastructural indices even without oil. Yet Anambra is far from remarkable as regards to economic, infrastructure and anything good. Yet, baby pigs so say obi na messiah. Nawa o.

Those people are envious fools and never-do-wells.Just ignore them bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BJanta: 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
Techsupport:
Fellow Nigerians, take advantage of this, that outfit will need suppliers of food, diesel for their generators, the people working there will need services, the people coming for business there will need services. align yourself with success.

The most sensible post .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by EkelediliBuhari: 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2021
Sunisonflex39:

Waiting my governor do u

Make him try expand port harcourt
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
What happens to.the building at Walter Carrington?

This building would be massive and modern.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Newton85: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
Lolabunny1:
s

Stop behaving like a mad dog. You are part of those that stay in makoko. Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria shikena. Your hate is killing you little by little. I'm sure you haven't been able to build a hut for your wretched parents in brown roof ogbomosho
Eboe cretin, stop crying over Lagos, Yorubaland, and face your barren and economically unimportant (thanks, Asari Dokubo), erosion-ravaged hellhole. Go help your worthless adopted parents that raised an Ill-bred baby factory sub-human like you, from being shot to death by your Unknown Gunmen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by loswhite(m): 6:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
Wikeeee

Try do something for port harcourt leave fly over small…

Open new towns, Oyibo, eleme, Bonny …. Port harcourt can’t be small like this for ever
The next governor will do that. If he doesn't build anything you will come type we don't have road...lol. Smh
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Gamesmart: 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Only ignorant tribalistic mumus think Lagos State has anything to do with Oduduwa they should be talking of developing Ibadan capital of Western Nigeria, Lagos State belongs to The Federal Government of Nigeria, We the Citizens of Nigeria, Oba Dosunmu ceded Lagos Colony to the British in 1861 after they helped him defeat Oba Kosoko & seize control of Eko from the Oba of Benin.

Lord Frederick Lugard joined Lagos Protectorate to southern Nigeria in 1906, Great Britain on their exit in turn handed it over to The Federal Government of Nigeria In 1960, the history is there for you to study, in your so called regional Omo Oduduwa politics of Action Group & Awolowo was there @ anytime they controlled Lagos State? Go & develop Osogbo if you are thinking of Oduduwa, Lagos State does not play tribalism.

Rexwalters1:
Go & develop Osogbo, Ekiti, ordinary Cocoa you can’t industrialize, it is what Nigeria has invested in they want to claim, isn’t Bola Ahmed Tinubu from Osun State, is he an Awori, has any Awori ever ruled your so called Lagos State?

Keep dreaming, I know the only reason some ignorant people shout Oduduwa is because they think Lagos Colony will form part of their imaginary Republic? Igboho who made noise in the West of Nigeria, after he said he was coming to Lagos State, he has never been seen again in Public, same fate awaits any Mumu that comes shouting Lagos State & Oduduwa. Eko Oni Baje.

Rexwalters1:
Do you live in Lagos State? Where is Dodan Barracks & Bonny Camp? The British & Federal Government created Ikoyi & Victoria Island, the most expensive part of Lagos State till date.

Rexwalters1:
No one is even dividing anything in the first place, let’s get that straight, go to your own Local Government and develop it, Akure Airport built by Federal Government, Ibadan Airport built by Federal Government, MMA1 & 2 built by Federal Government, Which state in western Nigeria has built their own Airport? None, Odua Group cannot even export cocoa for foreign exchange? My guy anyone can claim Lagos State, come pay your taxes, do business & live, Even Jagaban is not from Lagos State.

You have mental health problems.

Do you have family that care about you?

Can you afford the cost of psychiatrist and treatments?

4 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
First look, the renderings...

5 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Burgerlomo: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
Beautiful!
God bless the United States of America
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
God bless me and my family

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
more..

Details
Year
Size
Consulate Office Building: 14,685 GSM / 158,070 GSF; Site: 12.2 Acres
Program
Offices, Consular Services, Cafeteria, Multipurpose Room, Recreational Facilities, Warehouse, Shops, Entrance Pavilions, Parking Garage, Utility Building, Boat Dock and Pedestrian Bridge

Team

Ennead Design Team
Richard Olcott, Kevin McClurkan, Felicia Berger, Kate Mann, Kristen Alexander, Amy Cantwell, Edward Chang, Najiyah Edun, Stefani Fachini, Christina Fazio, Anthony Guaraldo, Dalia Hamati, Kathleen Kulpa, Sandra Marcatili, Apexa Patel, Sam Sidersky, Henry Weintraub, Sydney Ziemba

Local Architect
ATO Architects Limited

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by treesun: 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
AkalaJ:

Change that mentality bro, for it will not take you anywhere. Like I said, often times poverty boils down to choices, ignorance, and environmental factors Wrong choices and ignorance can be cured through exposure to better education. In this Internet age, most valuable knowledge out there can be obtained for free. E.g, there are many I.T experts that taught themselves I.T skills they learned online via their phone, all it demands is the discipline and will power. Young lads are making millions legitimately from editing comedy skits that make us laugh. Etc.

Through education a farmer can learn or device innovative means to improve his crop yield, because nothing you are experiencing in life is peculiar to you alone; others have also passed through and overcame.

Environment can also be a factor in the sense that if you only surround yourself with poor people that prefer to wallow in self pity in their condition, you will never rise above that condition. Rather you should look to ambitious people to motivate you to do better. Nobody owes you jack sheet. But you owe it to yourself to be a better version of you. Selah.

I know what I am saying sir, When Fashola brought GEJ to commission it and fenced out Kuramo beach on Ahamadu Bello, my office used to be around Adetokunbo those days, in the evening we used to go to the beach, But some cartel condone off everything. I have entered the Eko Atlantic severally, see the bridges and roads and yet they collect our taxes without doing anything, I am only fighting for the down troddens, by God's grace I am BLESSED!
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Guestlander: 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
I forsee a lot of other embassies coming to that area.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by idealogical: 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2021

Local Architect

ATO Architects Limited

Ayo Onajide - Owner - ATO Architect

The CEO and Owner of the Local Architect in charge of the project.

Congrats and Kudos to him..

2 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:

Make him try expand port harcourt

The GPHC close to the airport that Rotimi was constructing... Why did Wike not continue...
Waiting dey vex me with Wike be say e supposed continue that project.. By now that would be our second city in Rivers state.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by harmonyglobal: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
Imagine the US investing that kind of amount here, this shows how much they make from people seeking to go to the US and still refusing them visas
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by iguita: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
Soon, people will come to Lagos and they will not exit Eko Atlantic. You will see photos of the new 'African Dubai' with everywhere looking Behind and once you exit the place, everything will be back to normal.

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by slydog(m): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
NGpatriot:
This is huge, this a huge stamp of approval and global recognition for Eko Atlantic, this is going to be the place to be for all the major foreign embassies and consulates, the US just opened the floodgate.

Congrats to Eko Atlantic, Lagos state and Nigeria.

Thanks to Assiwaju Tinubu as usual for his wonderful foresight and brilliant vision.
Exactly.
Forget the oil majors. Nothing will make them relocate from Lagos to the Niger Delta.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by AkalaJ: 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
treesun:

I know what I am saying sir, When Fashola brought GEJ to commission it and fenced out Kuramo beach on Ahamadu Bello, my office used to be around Adetokunbo those days, in the evening we used to go to the beach, But some cartel condone off everything. I have entered the Eko Atlantic severally, see the bridges and roads and yet they collect our taxes without doing anything, I am only fighting for the down troddens, by God's grace I am BLESSED!

I think you are mistaken bro. The Eko Atlantic project is an essentially private project while Lagos State government is merely a strategic partner that ensures that the private funders of the project are keeping to their mandate. It's similar to how a private investor can buy land from government, develops the land to his taste (infrastructure inclusive) and then starts selling plots of land to other interested private individuals.

It won't be the first privately funded project that would be targeted at the rich. Banana Island and some other exclusive areas are already like that. But the thing is, even as we speak, people are already living in some of the apartments in the few skyscrapers that are already there. You don't even need to be rich to even enter the place sef. I consider myself average, yet I have taken my wife on a dinner date more than once at one of the restaurants located within one of the the Eko Pearl Towers. And to our surprise they don't even ask much questions before allowing guests to go into Eko Atlantic. Also, to my surprise, many people are already living on different floors of the skyscrapers, both foreigners and locals alike.

The downtrodden you claim to be fighting for need to first of all rise out of poverty before thinking of living in Eko Atlantic. It's not a must that anyone lives in Eko Atlantic. Lekki dey there, Ikoyi sef dey, Magodo dey. etc.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigDawsNet: 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
chloride6:
This is a mistake...

The US Embassy so close to sea?

The current US consulate in Lagos is very close to a large lagoon
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Emmanuel909090: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
Huh
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Favour70000: 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
Exactly what I have been saying since. He's not creative at all in the state,spending so much on one kind of project shows he doesn't know priority.
EkelediliBuhari:
Wikeeee

Open new towns, Oyibo, eleme, Bonny …. Port harcourt can’t be small like this for ever

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by chloride6: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

The current US consulate in Lagos is very close to a large lagoon

We can't validate a previous mistake with another mistake.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by treesun: 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2021
AkalaJ:

I think you are mistaken bro. The Eko Atlantic project is an essentially private project while Lagos State government is merely a strategic partner that ensures that the private funders of the project are keeping to their mandate. It's similar to how a private investor can buy land from government, develops the land to his taste (infrastructure inclusive) and then starts selling plots of land to other interested private individuals.

It won't be the first privately funded project that would be targeted at the rich. Banana Island and some other exclusive areas are already like that. But the thing is, even as we speak, people are already living in some of the apartments in the few skyscrapers that are already there. You don't even need to be rich to even enter the place sef. I consider myself average, yet I have taken my wife on a dinner date more than once at one of the restaurants located within one of the the Eko Pearl Towers. And to our surprise they don't even ask much questions before allowing guests to go into Eko Atlantic. Also, to my surprise, many people are already living on different floors of the skyscrapers, both foreigners and locals alike.

The downtrodden you claim to be fighting for need to first of all rise out of poverty before thinking of living in Eko Atlantic. It's not a must that anyone lives in Eko Atlantic. Lekki dey there, Ikoyi sef dey, Magodo dey. etc.

You will not tell me about Eko Atlantic sir, I have the Blue print!
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigDawsNet: 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
NoSentiment:
A CIA annex office is about to be constructed where torture, rendition, water boarding and other evil activities that America has for centuries been known for would be committed against Nigeria and Nigerians. Yet short- sighted and low self-esteemed Nigerians who always lick the as.s of oyibo will, as usual, turn a blind eye to this truth. Everything America and caucasians do is for the fulfillment of their inordinate interests to control and dominate by fair means or faul, by hook or by crook. Yet they will still claim the moral high ground and their global flock of sheeps will hail them since America controls what they hear, see, watch, touch and think about through the media. If you find yourself always taking the American sides consciously or otherwise, then know ye that you are not a critical and independent thinker.

You don watch too much Netflix bro... grin

There's nothing like CIA torture or rendition/water boarding or whatever on nigerian soil...

CIA office will be set up for security details purposes for the ambassadors and US citizens... nothing more..

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by AkalaJ: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
treesun:

You will not tell me about Eko Atlantic sir, I have the Blue print!

Then you're either just being mischievous in your arguments, or you're just one that likes arguing blindly. In any case, good luck.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigDawsNet: 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
chloride6:

We can't validate a previous mistake with another mistake.

And why do you think it's a mistake to set up a consulate close to large water
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
Wikeeee

Flyovers are ego project for governors without vision in Nigeria, they beat their chests as if flyover is the only thing they are elected to do.

Rivers is the richest state in Nigeria with just 5 million people, richer than Lagos state with over 20 million people, but Rivers is still the most indebted state after Lagos.

Ameachi built his own flyovers and by the time he left office, he moved on to better things including the monorail that Wike abandoned, instead of wasting money on flyover, finish the monorail. He should have circled the whole of PH with that monorail and eliminate the need for flyovers and congestion and make the city look modern and futuristic, but due to his warped mentality and hatred of predecessor, he abandoned the project and wasted the money already spent on the project.

Ameachi had vision, something that Wike doesn't have, money can not buy vision or competence.

now, Aamechi

2 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

There's nothing like CIA torture or rendition/water boarding or whatever on nigerian soil...

CIA office will be set up for security details purposes for the ambassadors and US citizens... nothing more..

The bobo dey try to sound smart, but he sounds ignorant, goofy and comedic.

grin grin
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Echoban: 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
Minjim:

Please, leave Tinubu out of this.

Lagos has been destined even before Tinubu was born

Abeg we can't but mention his name in Eko Atlantic City.
It was his idea and plan to rescue the suburb from been submerged by water. Other people might have been clueless.

Go and read what Tinubu goverment invested in Lekki free trade zone that is promising Billions of dollar.

Leave jealousy out of it, or why do u think Tinubu keep reigning in Lagos up till now? Because of Greta things he implemented before leaving office.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Guestlander: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Lol @ too much Netflix.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigBashiru: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
NGpatriot:

https://punchng.com/u-s-approves-319-million-for-new-consulate-general-in-lagos/

I thought they said nigeria was a shithole?
No foreign country will be investing this much in nigeria if there was nothing in it for them....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cabinet Members Who Failed Jonathan - The Nation / Anyaoku Rejects Ipob’s Appointment / Nigerians Voted For Change, Now Suffer And Stop Complaining- Fasheun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.