Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic (32477 Views)

Taking Advantage Of $319 Million New Consulate In Eko Atlantic / FEC Approves ₦658 Milion For Deployment Of Dogs In Lagos, Abuja Airports / Ekiti States Approves TSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
treesun:

I know what I am saying sir, When Fashola brought GEJ to commission it and fenced out Kuramo beach on Ahamadu Bello, my office used to be around Adetokunbo those days, in the evening we used to go to the beach, But some cartel condone off everything. I have entered the Eko Atlantic severally, see the bridges and roads and yet they collect our taxes without doing anything, I am only fighting for the down troddens, by God's grace I am BLESSED!

Nna, they did not commission anything, they flagged off the project to commence construction.

What's EA, a private enterprise, got to do with your taxes sef?
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigBashiru: 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Only ignorant tribalistic mumus think Lagos State has anything to do with Oduduwa they should be talking of developing Ibadan capital of Western Nigeria, Lagos State belongs to The Federal Government of Nigeria, We the Citizens of Nigeria, Oba Dosunmu ceded Lagos Colony to the British in 1861 after they helped him defeat Oba Kosoko & seize control of Eko from the Oba of Benin.

Lord Frederick Lugard joined Lagos Protectorate to southern Nigeria in 1906, Great Britain on their exit in turn handed it over to The Federal Government of Nigeria In 1960, the history is there for you to study, in your so called regional Omo Oduduwa politics of Action Group & Awolowo was there @ anytime they controlled Lagos State? Go & develop Osogbo if you are thinking of Oduduwa, Lagos State does not play tribalism.
make una stop to stop to dey call the guy Lord Frederick Lugard - its more like Monkey Frederick Lugard.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigBashiru: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
NoSentiment:
A CIA annex office is about to be constructed where torture, rendition, water boarding and other evil activities that America has for centuries been known for would be committed against Nigeria and Nigerians. Yet short- sighted and low self-esteemed Nigerians who always lick the as.s of oyibo will, as usual, turn a blind eye to this truth. Everything America and caucasians do is for the fulfillment of their inordinate interests to control and dominate by fair means or faul, by hook or by crook. Yet they will still claim the moral high ground and their global flock of sheeps will hail them since America controls what they hear, see, watch, touch and think about through the media. If you find yourself always taking the American sides consciously or otherwise, then know ye that you are not a critical and independent thinker.

well said.
And I thought they said nigeria was a third world shit hole.
Why invest so much in it?
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:

I thought they said nigeria was a shithole?
No foreign country will be investing this much in nigeria if there was nothing in it for them....

In their hateful and bitter dreams, only.

The world is betting on Nigeria and our future.

Our IT sector is number one in Africa, we received more IT investment than any other country ion Africa.

Our airline industry that was crippled and decimated during the last admin is growing at a breakneck speed with new airlines popping up and ordering hundreds of new passenger jets.

Our rail system is now in the 21st century with beautiful modern stations.

Our economy is growing, and it's still the largest in Nigeria

With the US venturing into Eko Atlantic with a huge splash and massive investment, watch the UK and other major foreign embassies follow the US's lead and pump in more money into EK and LAGOS STATE.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by treesun: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
AkalaJ:

Then you're either just being mischievous in your arguments, or you're just one that likes arguing blindly. In any case, good luck.

Bye and go and sleep sir. Maroko same way.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Timetravel88: 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
Wikeeee

Try do something for port harcourt leave fly over small…

Open new towns, Oyibo, eleme, Bonny …. Port harcourt can’t be small like this for ever

It is called Obigbo this man, una no sabi history?
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
As we speak, Lagos state/SW is home to-

The world's largest single refinery in the world.

The largest fertilizer plant in the world.

The largest petrochemical plant in Africa

The largest gas plant in Africa

The largest deep seaport in West Africa

The largest free trade zone in West Africa

The one thing these massive development have is the fat that they are all in Lagos in the same geographical area in Lagos/SW.

This is the new center of for international commerce and trade in Africa, the US is just ahead of the game.

4 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
And let's not for get about the jobs that this project is going to create for Nigerians......

2 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Gfskw: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hmmm
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigBashiru: 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
NGpatriot:

In their hateful and bitter dreams, only.

The world is betting on Nigeria and our future.

Our IT sector is number one in Africa, we received more IT investment than any other country ion Africa.

Our airline industry that was crippled and decimated during the last admin is growing at a breakneck speed with new airlines popping up and ordering hundreds of new passenger jets.

Our rail system is now in the 21st century with beautiful modern stations.

Our economy is growing, and it's still the largest in Nigeria

With the US venturing into Eko Atlantic with a huge splash and massive investment, watch the UK and other major foreign embassies follow the US's lead and pump in more money into EK and LAGOS STATE.

Yes but we must keep the British, French and EU imperialists away and out of Nigeria... the British thieves used military force to invade nigeria around 1856 and they have not really left us alone since then... they are still waiting for an opportunity to pounce again. stay woke guys.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
BigBashiru:

Yes but we must keep the British, French and EU imperialists away and out of Nigeria... the British thieves used military force to invade nigeria around 1856 and they have not really left us alone since then... they are still waiting for an opportunity to pounce again. stay woke guys.

...speak for yourself abeg...

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
Another approved project in Eko Atlantic.

Anglican Church for All Nation..

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by HowardWolowitz: 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
TimeTraveller:
Very strategic move by the US. The new consulate will be close to the Atlantic Ocean, making it easy to move Americans via land or sea. It will also be close to the Africa Data Center located at Eko Atlantic, thereby easing the process of data creation, storage and sharing.

The US, like great strikers, don't go where the ball currently is, they go where the ball is headed.

My IT place is NIOMR, I saw the place yesterday, amazing feat!

Tinubu's Lagos
Fashola's Lagos
Ambode's Lagos
Sanwolu's Lagos

I almost swore an oath to get a building or a house there!

3 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigBashiru: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
NGpatriot:

...speak for yourself abeg...
I am speaking for myself you inferiority complex laden and colonially brainwashed british slave.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
[s]
BigBashiru:

I am speaking for myself you inferiority complex laden and colonially brainwashed british slave.
[/s]

I said speak for yourself?

Must you bother me with your frustration, hatred and bitterness? Na by force.?
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by BigBashiru: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

I said speak for yourself?

Must you bother me with your frustration, hatred and bitterness? Na by force.?

yes you said I should speak for myself which I've made clear I'm doing merely staying facts.

so keep your frustration, hatred and bitterness to yourself.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
^^^^^^

This one is a frustrated ipobian Jihadi esn troll..

Ignored

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Minjim: 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Echoban:

Abeg we can't but mention his name in Eko Atlantic City.
It was his idea and plan to rescue the suburb from been submerged by water. Other people might have been clueless.

Go and read what Tinubu goverment invested in Lekki free trade zone that is promising Billions of dollar.

Leave jealousy out of it, or why do u think Tinubu keep reigning in Lagos up till now? Because of Greta things he implemented before leaving office.

So you're saying another person couldn't have done it, or even better?

Eko Atlantic and Lekki Freetrade zone for the affluent.
What about middle and low income that live in Mushin, Alimosho, Badagry, Ikorodu or even Surulere. I've you visited those places lately or they aren't part of Lagos?

Please, I know the inner workings of Lagos politics and I know that we deserve better
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Drogunov: 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
seunmsg:
This is massive! Lagos is the present and the future of Nigeria.
Eko Onibaje!

You get excited too easily. Are you this cheap? Oga o. See how you have lost it over the news. Hold yourself together now. Ehn, auditor.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by nextstep(m): 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Visa application fees will refund them. grin
Quite right!!! Sad but true...
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Echoban: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
Minjim:

What about middle and low income that live in Mushin, Alimosho, Badagry, Ikorodu or even Surulere. I've you visited those places lately or they aren't part of Lagos?

Please, I know the inner workings of Lagos politics and I know that we deserve better

We might be born equal just like twin but ideology differentiate twin.

Just look at Rivers state, u mean if Tinubu handle happens to be Rivers Governor he would also be embarking on endless flyover ?? Or u feel Sanwo Olu would do so No now

U never can tell nobody might have taught abt Eko Atlantic, why do we say some governor's are clueless wen it comes to finance and infrastructural management?

In terms of Infrastructure can u compare Ambode who left heavy projects of Fashola compare to Sanwo who feels completing them will be for the benefit of lagosians? Now Imota rice mils is almost done, Intracity rail almost done,

, if all other state Governor's can be half of Tinubu u won't have clueless people in the helm of affairs wasting tax payers money on stupidity.

My nigga, ideology differ and the one Tinubu has is worth celebrating, of he has stole Lagos money as portrayed by ipob and mismanaged it cluelessly u think lagos for dey like this? All the same bro.

Not saying we don't deserve better but guy, Lagos leader right from baba kekere till date ain't others mate and not clueless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Minjim: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
Echoban:

We might be born equal just like twin but ideology different twin.

Just look at Rivers state, u mean if Tinubu handle happens to be Rivers Governor he would also be embarking on endless flyover ?? Or u feel Sanwo Olu would do so No now

U never can tell nobody might have taught abt Eko Atlantic, why do we say some governor's are clueless wen it comes to finance and infrastructural management?

In terms of Infrastructure can u compare Ambode who left heavy projects of Fashola compare to Sanwo who feels completing them will be for the benefit of lagosians? Now Imota rice mils is almost done, Intracity rail almost done,

, if all other state Governor's can be half of Tinubu u won't have clueless people in the helm of affairs wasting tax payers money on stupidity.

My nigga, ideology differ and the one Tinubu has is worth celebrating, of he has stole Lagos money as portrayed by ipob and mismanaged it cluelessly u think lagos for dey like this? All the same bro.

Not saying we don't deserve better but guy, Lagos leader right from baba kekere till date ain't others mate and not clueless.

Now I see where we're both getting it wrong.

I wasn't comparing Lagos with ANY state in Nigeria. In fact, it'll be unfair to judge certain states and their governors based on the performance of Lagos.
Lagos generates more than half of the total IGR in Nigeria for Pete sake!

I'm looking outside Nigeria and making my comparison among States in Africa with equal revenue as Lagos.
Take Joburg, Nairobi, Algiers, Cairo or Tunis for instance, I've been to three of these cities and they all have basic amenities that benefits everyone more than Lagos.
In fact, they all have metro lines, constant power, functional water system and more.
I'm an APC member in Lagos and i have people that had contested political offices before. Do you know LGA chairmen remit certain amount monthly to Tinubu so they can go for 2nd term? Also, the Transport Union also do same. Likewise many others. These are revenues meant for the state. And remember this same Tinubu is on an extravagant pension scheme at taxpayers expense.
If Lagos is taking so much from us to live in it, we deserve those things people from those cities i mentioned are enjoying too, or don't we?

2 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
Minjim:

Do you mean the affluent are the tens of thousands of Nigerians gainfully employed at these facilities, collecting paychecks to pay school fees, rent and put food on the table?

Do you mean we should not create any FTZ, build EA, Dangote refinery which currently give paychecks to over 40,000 Nigerians and eventually increase it to 200,000 or more when fully operational, build a deep seaport until we build the same thing on the mainland.?

Why are you not mad because all the industrial estates, factories and manufacturing plants are all on the mainland?

Why are you not mad because the seat of government is on the mainland with tens of thousands of workers?

Is the reason we drum up such investments not to create jobs and opportunities for Nigerians and lift our people out of poverty?

The development in that region alone means hundreds of thousands of jobs and elimination of poverty in their households, many of them I'm sure are your village people.

Nna, your brain is badly formatted, it's permanently functioning in revers position.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
These sadists and enemies of progress shout and wail about lack of jobs while at the same time against job creation all because of hatred, bitterness, tribalism and bigotry..

Very sad, backward and pathetic people..
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Abohboy: 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
NoSentiment:
A CIA annex office is about to be constructed where torture, rendition, water boarding and other evil activities that America has for centuries been known for would be committed against Nigeria and Nigerians. Yet short- sighted and low self-esteemed Nigerians who always lick the as.s of oyibo will, as usual, turn a blind eye to this truth. Everything America and caucasians do is for the fulfillment of their inordinate interests to control and dominate by fair means or faul, by hook or by crook. Yet they will still claim the moral high ground and their global flock of sheeps will hail them since America controls what they hear, see, watch, touch and think about through the media. If you find yourself always taking the American sides consciously or otherwise, then know ye that you are not a critical and independent thinker.

They would never do it in the middle of such a large city they already have their bases for these things in Cameroon, Niger and Chad where they can claim they're investigating for terrorism

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
Minjim:

Now I see where we're both getting it wrong.

I wasn't comparing Lagos with ANY state in Nigeria. In fact, it'll be unfair to judge certain states and their governors based on the performance of Lagos.
Lagos generates more than half of the total IGR in Nigeria for Pete sake!

I'm looking outside Nigeria and making my comparison among States in Africa with equal revenue as Lagos.
Take Joburg, Nairobi, Algiers, Cairo or Tunis for instance, I've been to three of these cities and they all have basic amenities that benefits everyone more than Lagos.
In fact, they all have metro lines, constant power, functional water system and more.
I'm an APC member in Lagos and i have people that had contested political offices before. Do you know LGA chairmen remit certain amount monthly to Tinubu so they can go for 2nd term? Also, the Transport Union also do same. Likewise many others. These are revenues meant for the state. And remember this same Tinubu is on an extravagant pension scheme at taxpayers expense.
If Lagos is taking so much from us to live in it, we deserve those things people from those cities i mentioned are enjoying too, or don't we?

Is it still not Tinubu's vision and the people he supported into office to govern Lagos responsible for orchestrating that massive IGR increase from N500 million per month before Tinubu to a whooping N34 Billion per month today?

Their economic policies are the reason why Lagos is what it is today, the same reason why you are here acknowledging their IGR strength over other states, the same policies that make them fight like hell to divert the massive Dangote refinery complex from Ondo to Lagos to generative even more massive IGR to double what they are generating today and hundreds of thousands of jobs, the same policies created Eko Atlantic city, a new city to draw in even more jobs and IGR.

IGR doesn't fall from the sky, there are smart people on the ground making these decisions, coming up with creative and proactive ideas to keep pumping out more IGR.

Btw, it's kind of ignorant and illogical to compare the places you listed with Lagos, their realities and national dynamics are not the same, the population and scope of responsibilities are not the same, be sane and logical.

2 Likes

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
After they will deny visa
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
Drogunov:

You get excited too easily. Are you this cheap? Oga o. See how you have lost it over the news. Hold yourself together now. Ehn, auditor.

And who gave you the power and authority to decide what people should be excited over or not?

The fact that bad bele, negativity and bitterness are your forte in life doesn't mean it has to be the same for other people.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by princewarri1985: 12:26am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

https://punchng.com/u-s-approves-319-million-for-new-consulate-general-in-lagos/
Are they going to build an entire city with that kind huge amount of money for only consulate? Hmm na wa
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Drogunov: 1:21am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

And who gave you the power and authority to decide what people should be excited over or not?

The fact that bad bele, negativity and bitterness are your forte in life doesn't mean it has to be the same for other people.

Its so obvious you were never taught to mind your fvcking business punk.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by muyeski21(m): 2:28am On Oct 07, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Only ignorant tribalistic mumus think Lagos State has anything to do with Oduduwa they should be talking of developing Ibadan capital of Western Nigeria, Lagos State belongs to The Federal Government of Nigeria, We the Citizens of Nigeria, Oba Dosunmu ceded Lagos Colony to the British in 1861 after they helped him defeat Oba Kosoko & seize control of Eko from the Oba of Benin.

Lord Frederick Lugard joined Lagos Protectorate to southern Nigeria in 1906, Great Britain on their exit in turn handed it over to The Federal Government of Nigeria In 1960, the history is there for you to study, in your so called regional Omo Oduduwa politics of Action Group & Awolowo was there @ anytime they controlled Lagos State? Go & develop Osogbo if you are thinking of Oduduwa, Lagos State does not play tribalism.

So says a fool, a state with culture and tradition managed by traditional ruler. hatred and bias mind as eating deep into ur system but it makes no difference. What as been ordained can never be changed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Supporters Burn NNPP Logo, Red Caps In Kano, Endorse Atiku (Video) / Atiku's Confessional Statement On Live TV, That Got People Talking / Police Arrest #EndSARS Protester "Wearing Charms" At Lagos Lekki Tollgate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.