Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train (27460 Views)

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by folks4luv(f): 6:23am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:
This is what it used to be like...under PDP.

grin grin grin
You lots are part of the problems Nigeria is facing. That particular rail you displayed is still very much around and people still jump on it like in that picture. It got derailed recently at Ikeja Along. Y'all be making a fool of yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Mexicanbreed: 6:23am On Oct 07, 2021
goatandyam:
More like boarding a terror prone train.

I m sure the terrorist president's foot soldiers are already planning a test run of bombing one of them.

Won't risk it.

Buhari is a terrorist
Thank God it's not build in the south east because by now it would have been burn down

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by basty: 6:28am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

The lagos-ibadan railway development was actually stalled while buhari was military head of state and it cost the Lagos tax payer millions then. He did no favors.

Modified: lagos metro line not lagos ibadan Railway

You are a bogus Liar.

Don't ever say what you don't know. Who proposed that? It was only a metro line that was proposed by Lagos state government under Jakande .

You are saying what you don't know.
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by TheSupleemLeada(m): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2021
basty:

You are a bogus Liar.

Don't ever say what you don't know. Who proposed that? It was only a metro line that was proposed by Lagos state government under Jakande .

You are saying what you don't know.

Are you rettarded or did you hit your head as a kid?
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Successlane: 6:31am On Oct 07, 2021
DCmonster:
Idiot labelled it buhari train, whereas he borrowed money Nigeria won't be able to pay back in years to build it.

It's a Chinese funded project you fool!

Yes, but it is working in Nigeria for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by sweetgala(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

If read thread you'd see that I made the correction. Calm down.

No P
I think it's better if you edit your post and attach a correction under the initial post.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by alizma: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Yes, I was referring the Lagos metro line that buhari stopped in the 1980s and cost tax payers billions of dollars and slowed down Lagos development. Your baba buhari didn't do anyone a favor doing the Lagos ibadan railway in fact it's what is due to us and it was even constructed with Chinese loan which means it's tax payers that are going to pay back. You can't decieve anyone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/37-years-after-lagos-metro-line-aborted-by-buhari-still-hurting/%3famp
Do you feel good after writing this message? If he was wrong 37years ago, what happened to all the subsequent presidents after his tenure since that 37years? You intend to castigate him but ended up praising him and making him a Hero.
Talking about loan, previous government have been taking loans but in his own case, there are visible projects to justify the loans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by TheSupleemLeada(m): 6:42am On Oct 07, 2021
sweetgala:

No P
I think it's better if you edit your post and attach a correction under the initial post.

I've edited it
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by nedekid: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

grin grin grin
Its too early in the morning to be petty and silly.
Make you submission and move on. Let folks read and form their opinion.
Certainly the audience on this forum are not in kindergarten for you to make such mundane and simple minded comments.
Have a nice day.
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by JAWBONE(m): 6:46am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

grin grin grin

If you have any atom of sense, you will stop this your dead comparisons. I can put up 10 pictures of what life used to look like under PDP compared to this APC govt led by that vegetable.

Why don't you start with comparing food prices, exchange rate, insecurity, unemployment,. housing prices, education, healthcare etc. Put pictures of what a bag of rice, beans, litre of fuel etc used to look like under PDP vs now let's start proper comparison. At least that one affects everybody, not a railway that barely 5% of Lagos, Ibadan population uses.

People are suffering everyday yet you are here comparing train pictures

You foolishly show pictures of one train thinking you've done something important. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by mapet: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2021
Fashdeejay:

I would like to ask you one question that's been on my mind for a few!! I am not a supporter of anyone except good governance... And so far so good we've not had that not in Jona's era and definitely not in Bubu's era either.... So here is my question.... There is so much going on in the North, banditry, kidnapping and terrorism!! Why is the military exercise only in the south

You mean there is no Military Exercise in the North? What a warped view!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by alexarelano(m): 6:50am On Oct 07, 2021
Sunday2021:
Ipob will hang themselves today because of this picture.

Eleriibu ni eleyii ooo
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by mignone(f): 6:51am On Oct 07, 2021
chatinent:
It's high time people stopped praising these leaders when they do what they are being paid to do with our taxes!
Thank u oooo... Buhari did this&dt.
Is it my pensioner father that should have done it?
Yes, sm projects may be laudable bt nt praise-singing the leaders. It's their responsibility, they chose to serve&they're nt there for free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by alexarelano(m): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2021
U pple praising Buhari & APC, kàa dáa fun iyalaya yin
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Owaincouncil: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2021
It was the Anglican Diocese of Lagos Elders Forum that embarked on train trip to abeokuta. Not Victoria Island church nor going for church program.
They purposely embarked on the trip to see what the train look like and visited olumo Rock.
Many of them entered train in 60s. But Accor to them, the experience was good.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Promotexx: 7:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by barcaboi(m): 7:12am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

The lagos-ibadan railway development was actually stalled while buhari was military head of state and it cost the Lagos tax payer millions then. He did no favors.

Modified: lagos metro line not lagos ibadan Railway
This excuse has always been dumb; that was 1983. How did subsequent presidents; IBB, sonekan, abacha, abdulsalam, obj, Yaradua and GEJ not resurrect the stalled project. Can u see how silly of an excuse that is?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by barcaboi(m): 7:13am On Oct 07, 2021
DCmonster:
Idiot labelled it buhari train, whereas he borrowed money Nigeria won't be able to pay back in years to build it.

At least it exists and money is already bn made there; move on.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by barcaboi(m): 7:14am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

Wrong, it was conceived under OBJ, but in the usual PDP fashion, they abandoned the project and left it for dead on the drawing board, but started and completed by PMB.

Bad bele shouldn't be your only source of education.

Try again.
God bless u

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by barcaboi(m): 7:15am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Yes, I was referring the Lagos metro line that buhari stopped in the 1980s and cost tax payers billions of dollars and slowed down Lagos development. Your baba buhari didn't do anyone a favor doing the Lagos ibadan railway in fact it's what is due to us and it was even constructed with Chinese loan which means it's tax payers that are going to pay back. You can't decieve anyone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/37-years-after-lagos-metro-line-aborted-by-buhari-still-hurting/%3famp

So the money generated by the train is what?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by drlateef: 7:21am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

We needed to know why Buhari stopped the metro line project. But if he did bad then, he has made some correction now and you must acknowledge that. Taking loans to do good things must also be commended. After all, Obasonjo and Jonathan took loans, what did they do with the loans?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by TheSupleemLeada(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2021
barcaboi:

This excuse has always been dumb; that was 1983. How did subsequent presidents; IBB, sonekan, abacha, abdulsalam, obj, Yaradua and GEJ not resurrect the stalled project. Can u see how silly of an excuse that is?

You can have 100 reasons to justify your criminal leaders.... don't give two shits.
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by MT: 7:24am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

Wrong, it was conceived under OBJ, but in the usual PDP fashion, they abandoned the project and left it for dead on the drawing board, but started and completed by PMB.

Bad bele shouldn't be your only source of education.

Try again.

Don't mind them. They can never appreciate good things in their lifetimes. Anytime Nigeria shows any sign of greatness, they always become sad.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by foreshore(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

grin grin grin

I love this!
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by KingWarri: 7:32am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
Why can't private individuals be allowed to build and operate railways like America did. Most government do everything??
It will be better but you see aje, in America, they are enforcing resource control but here Everything goes to the federal government.

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by PecE2Make: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2021
When am I going to see pictures of railway from Lagos to Port Harcourt Amechi and presidency?
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Knows(m): 7:46am On Oct 07, 2021
Kudos
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by alen4smith(m): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2021
DCmonster:

this buffoon should also know that your darling PDP borrowed money for the purpose of paying salaries!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Sammydreezy(m): 7:57am On Oct 07, 2021
The train is quite still expensive. I believe we should encourage the citizens and not scare them away with the price. Imagine paying 5k for the T.fare while A bus to Ibadan from Lagos costs 1k. Had it been it was a speed train now, it would have been better.
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Nisiw365: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2021
Sammydreezy:
The train is quite still expensive. I believe we should encourage the citizens and not scare them away with the price. Imagine paying 5k for the T.fare while A bus to Ibadan from Lagos costs 1k. Had it been it was a speed train now, it would have been better.
its 2,500
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by akdjr(m): 8:37am On Oct 07, 2021
When you show them the big difference between PDP led government and APC led government they will tell you China own the trains, Buhari has finish Nigeria, Buhari hate Ibo (as if they too like Buhari). Even after the completion of second Niger bridge by this government, I bet you they will come and tell u how Fashola sold land in the east to build the bridge. quote author=NGpatriot post=106513321]This is what it used to be like...under PDP.

grin grin grin[/quote]
Re: Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train by drey076(m): 8:37am On Oct 07, 2021
grin
Ever8090:
So why are you laughing...?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? / A Trip To Ogbunike Cave, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.