Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Scary Nursery Rhymes & Stories! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Scary Nursery Rhymes & Stories! (2379 Views)

World Scary And Dangerous Roads / The Dark Side Of Nursery Rhymes / What Was Your Favourite Nursery Rhymes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scary Nursery Rhymes & Stories! by alienYOUTH(m): 12:53am On May 31, 2011
Just had a nostalgic episode when my son came back from school somedays ago and started sing the "Old Roger" nursery rhyme he was taught in school. That rhyme used to scare me sh'tless; for those of u who dont knw, it goes somewhat,

Old Roger is dead & gone to his grave,
Hum, Ha, gone to his grave,
They planted a mango tree over his head,
Hum, Ha, over his head,

Dont wanna bore u guys wit d rest, but i jst wanted to knw if any of y'all remember any scary rhymes or stories, or even movies u watched when u were a kid? Some other rhymes that used to scare me were:

- Solomom Grundy
- Matilda
- My mother (dunno why)
- There was an old lady who swallowed a fly,
- Humpty Dumpty

i wonder who wrote such grotesque rhymes for kids anyway; nearly scarred me for life!
Re: Scary Nursery Rhymes & Stories! by Tinyemeka(m): 8:58pm On May 31, 2011
Have you read Stephen King's- The Gunslinger: Dark Tower, one of the child characters was also bothered like you about the wordings in one particular nursery rhyme, Charlie and Blaine the mono train. Some of those poems might actually have diabolical origins. Like Walt Disney. Ever wondered why the company only does magical films and animations steeped in sorcery?

(1) (Reply)

Beware, Badoo Website Is Fake ! / How Do You Retrieve A Forgotten Username? / Exclusive!: How Do You Come About Nairaland?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.