Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

The Eye Of The Needle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Eye Of The Needle (152 Views)

Meet TB Joshua in the eye of An American. / The Needle's Eye / Lady Dreamt That Someone Attacked Her Eyes With Needle, Then This Happened. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Eye Of The Needle by FreshGreen: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2021
THE EYE OF THE NEEDLE
Jesus Christ says in the Book of Matthew 19:23, “Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.” This is a clear statement by Jesus Christ Himself concerning riches and if we don’t get it clear we will be misled and miss it at the end. Jesus Christ did not say the rich will not enter heaven, no, but He says it becomes hard, how hard? Jesus goes further to explain better in verse 24, “And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

This clearly mean that the more financially blessed you are, the more you need sanctification and self-discipline to make heaven at the end. During the time of Jesus Christ in Jerusalem, there was a narrow gate called eye of the needle, so narrow and short that a Carmel would have to stoop down to enter. And Jesus used the example here that it is even easier for the Carmel to enter through that eye of the needle door than for a rich man or woman to enter heaven. It means as a rich or wealthy person, if you don’t want to end up in hell like the rich man in the Bible whose gate Lazarus was staying, you must come down from your Carmel, humble yourself, get rid of any form of pride and stoop down like a child.

What it means is that the more you are financially rich, the more it becomes hard for you to make heaven if care is not taken, because the more you need extra grace, watchfulness and purity. So this clearly show that financial prosperity without sanctification is a straight ticket to hell fire.

Financial prosperity is not a sin, but not the priority of a child of God, The Bible says, good name is better than silver and gold, meaning we should not seek prosperity at the detriment of purity. Being successful financially is not a sin but it will never be a primary preaching, prayer of heavenly focused Christian or minister. It is all about priority! When we get our priority right to make first thing first, to seek the kingdom of God and its righteous living first, to pray and preach first on the kingdom of God, to live first for the kingdom of God, to work first for the kingdom of God in evangelism and good deed of sharing and supporting others with our riches, then prosperity from God in our lives will not become problem to our spiritual lives.

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus afresh to experience genuine salvation, please click on this link, read the article and pray as directed http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

Gideon Akande (Evangelist)
RTEM: www.rtemoutreach.org

(1) (Reply)

I Need Cheerfully Giver For My Mum Church Development / Meditate On This Tonight / Ways God Reveals His Will To Us (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.