Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick (5232 Views)

ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard / What Are The Functions Of Cruise And Over Drive On A Gear Stick? / Lamborghini Owner Breaks Huracan's Windscreen While Showing Off His Supercar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by socialmerchant: 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

Oga dru, you will not successfully change the topic, let's discuss this

Its weekend obviously, I have some spare time too, so i want to discuss this your wickedness to your countryman cos you wan sell naija used Toyota, have you no shame? Should i buy you some?

I see some guys dragging dru23 as if they haven’t done worse. We are only knowing about his own past because he revealed it.
How many of you guys are bold enough to reveal bad things they’ve done in the past on a platform like this?
You all should rest ABEG

8 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
socialmerchant:

I see some guys dragging dru23 as if they haven’t done worse. We are only knowing about his own past because he revealed it.
How many of you guys are bold enough to reveal bad things they’ve done in the past on a platform like this?
You all should rest ABEG

Thank you my brother... Don't mind Valarinz of a guy.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
socialmerchant:

You all should rest ABEG

I can tell you for free, i have never and will never do what that guy did, im an active dealer and you can imagine I'm not afraid to challenge dru on a public forum, check how long I've been in the biz and check if anyone has opened a single thread on NL to complain i defrauded them

That said, if you are new to NL just sit back and don't dabble, obviously I'm putting on the heat cos of the person involved, if there's one thing he's good at, its to always insult Nigerians and calling us quacks, shady, incompetent, dubious, lazy and all manners or negative words.

Now its interesting to note that our dear angel is worse than what he always calls us

17 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
dru23:

Thank you my brother... Don't mind Valarinz of a guy.

Whats he minding me for, how about you say something that makes it even look like you have a little remorse for being a fraud and yet bragging about it on a public forum

Posting memes and trying to change topics is not a sign of intelligence, its the opposite actually

16 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by socialmerchant: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

I can tell you for free, i have never and will never do what that guy did, im an active dealer and you can imagine I'm not afraid to challenge dru on a public forum, check how long I've been in the biz and check if anyone has opened a single thread on NL to complain i defrauded them

That said, if you are new to NL just sit back and don't dabble, obviously I'm putting on the heat cos of the person involved, if there's one thing he's good at, then its always insulting Nigerians and calling us quacks, shady, incompetent, dubious, lazy and manners or negative words.

Now its interesting to note that our dear angel is worse than what he always calls us

He was under no pressure to tell us about his dirty past, was he?
He obviously isn’t proud of what he did and I put it to you that nobody is spotless, not even you.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
socialmerchant:

He was under no pressure to tell us about his dirty past, was he?
He obviously isn’t proud of what he did and I put it to you that nobody is spotless, not even you.

My brother, it slipped out, he didn't "tell" that part voluntarily

Let me hint you, the idea was to kind of paint a scenario where 20W50 oil is vilified to validate his current synthetic oil sales drive, it's terribly backfired, he didnt think it through thoroughly and i bet he wishes he can take it back now

So stop saying it like the guy was honest and courageous enough to tell us what he did wrong, ok?

18 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

Whats he minding me for, how about you say something that makes it even look like you have a little remorse for being a fraud and yet bragging about it on a public forum

Posting memes and trying to change topics is not a sign of intelligence, its the opposite actually

Change topic ...lolz

How many engines of does tokunbo xc90 have u change... You stated that you let any potential buyers know of such changes.......

My theory here is most of those xc90 are auctions vehicle.. Meaning from the ones that have engine issues to blown gaskets. Am sure when u do get them u change the engine without letting the buyers know of such. Now in my case, it is different because I avoid auctions cars as much and deal with private sellers that want to sell the vehicle..........

Now from experience from doing uber and selling cars. You have mechanics that are so good in replacing engine that when a buyer comes, he / she will not know the difference if engine has been replace .. It takes a patient mechanic to detect any such things..so all that bull sh#t u said u let buyers know of any changes like engine replacement to be specific is all smoke and mirrors
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

My brother, it slipped out, he didn't "tell" that part voluntarily

Let me hint you, the idea was to kind of paint a scenario where 20W50 oil is vilified to validate his current synthetic oil sales drive, it's terribly backfired, he didnt think it through thoroughly and i bet he wishes he can take it back now

So stop saying it like the guy was honest and courageous enough to tell us what he did wrong, ok?

U wan turn this car thread upside down by going back fourth with me grin by the time am finish here with you 1 of us is going to get ban grin trust me it will be me because I will fight at ur own battle and I will do it much better than anyone grin

Go ask those drivers on uber thread wetin their eyes see for my hand. They will pleading and begging for peace to reign grin

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

That said, if you are new to NL just sit back and don't dabble, obviously I'm putting on the heat cos of the person involved, if there's one thing he's good at, its to always insult Nigerians and calling us quacks, shady, incompetent, dubious, lazy and manners or negative words.

You ranting like I stole your girl friend grin I have to go back and think if I did such thing grin the junk xc90 u sold and change engines etc .. You will not rant about that grin

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 3:07am On Oct 10, 2021
Ok, Oga Oil hawker aka shady dealer, your incoherent responses is enough for me now, the punch has been well dished out and well received, time for me to allow you to ramble and lament in peace, till next time grin

10 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 4:17am On Oct 10, 2021
valarinz:
Ok, Oga Oil hawker aka shady dealer, your incoherent responses is enough for me now, the punch has been well dished out and well received, time for me to allow you to ramble and lament in peace, till next time grin

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by 9icetoo(m): 7:07am On Oct 10, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Eddee(m): 7:45am On Oct 10, 2021
dru23:

My experience from my uber cars .. During my early yes of uber with no experience with car maintenance. I used a 2003 camry at the time on my fleet. I was using 20w50 xhp The engine kept shorting oil with no sign of leaks on the ground and little white smoke coming out at morning start up very little smoke.

So my mechanic advice to top the engine with 20w50 and sell the car.. So anytime a buyer comes to look at the car . we start the car up to clear up the smoke before any buyer shows up . And that is how we were able to sell the car
.. And from there on I vowed never to use 20w50 oil again.......

Surprise, surprise- the chief proponent of integrity for oil and car sales finally coming out of the closet. You should bury your head in the sand in shame, you’ve admitted to defrauding someone who trusted you. Well, Nemo dat quod non habet!

19 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by 9icetoo(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2021
Eddee:

Surprise, surprise- the chief proponent of integrity for oil and car sales finally coming out of the closet. You should bury your head in the sand in shame, you’ve admitted to defrauding someone who trusted you. Well, Nemo dat quod non habet!
Senior demeanour, you no see that kind thing?
wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by eherbal(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2021
dru23:

This is not a good sign at all . if there was sign of leak on the ground . Than good news at least u can try to trace the leak ... But if there is no sign of any leaks at all .. It means the oil is burning somewhere and more than likely the engine is bad .. You can always ask for a second opinion .........what type of oil were u using?

My experience from my uber cars .. During my early yes of uber with no experience with car maintenance. I used a 2003 camry at the time on my fleet. I was using 20w50 xhp The engine kept shorting oil with no sign of leaks on the ground and little white smoke coming out at morning start up very little smoke.

So my mechanic advice to top the engine with 20w50 and sell the car.. So anytime a buyer comes to look at the car . we start the car up to clear up the smoke before any buyer shows up . And that is how we were able to sell the car .. And from there on I vowed never to use 20w50 oil again.......

well well well.guess who's selling lemons? The great dru23. Mighty men dey fall for this buhari econony grin

10 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Grupo(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2021
dru23:

I spoke about that early on .. I was accused of trying to market oyel .. I just shook my head...

One guy stated that he has been using 20w50 for his 2007 corolla . And he changes oil every 2k miles and his engine runs quiet etc ........

At times thicker oil will keep engine noise down. It does not solve that problem.. At times mechanic will use 20w50 to silence a knocking engine sound. Depending how bad the sound is .....it might work and at times it works well enough to fool any suspecting buyers......
xperiencelove:

Chai! This is evil. That was how one guy was arguing with me few days ago about using 20W 50 for Camry 05 and change it every 2k miles. 20W 50 is a silent killer for any Camry from 03 upward. Also I do advice people to never buy ANY Nigeria used car that the owner doesn't use factory recommended oil.

Apparently, I am the one you people are talking about.

First, you people claimed my car would be loud because of Mobil 20W 50. I told you it wasn't so.

You said my engine would have sludge because of the oil, I showed you a Pic of my clean engine when it was opened some months back. No sludge. Yet, you have been going around arguing. I want practical.

I maintain my stand.

As long as your engine still has the thermostat, if you use Mobil 20W 50 and change it regularly, around 2k miles, sludge will not build in your engine.

Quote me anywhere. I'm speaking from experience.

I don't drive much. I rarely cover 2k miles in 3 months.

So I should buy synthetic oil and be changing it every three months? As it's not right to keep oil in car for so long whether 5k miles was covered or not.

Again. See Pic of my engine below.

Ignore the dusty surrounding, I don't like allowing car wash guys to wash my engine.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by zabimaru: 8:34am On Oct 10, 2021
So let's get this straight. the mighty dru, dressed in all angelic regalia all the time, the one without blemish according to his posts, the self acclaimed righteous one in all his magnificence, sold a lemon to an unsuspecting buyer?

This is not your average scam, this is a premeditated crime against humanity.

He buys his vehicles from owners who disclose everything yet he couldn't render the same gesture he has enjoyed over the years.

This is sad!!

10 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by zabimaru: 8:42am On Oct 10, 2021
socialmerchant:

You all should rest ABEG

Good to know that some of his followers already acknowledge him for what he truly is; a fraudulent dealer.

Your only grouse is that he was caught so he's not only a fraud, he's also very bad at being discreet.

Anybody buying vehicles from dru should do so at his own risk.

His claims about his vehicles are as accurate as his beer parlour rants about engine oils.

Who's to say he doesn't refill gas just before potential buyers come to inspect?

Thanks for bringing this up, a lot of us were actually thinking he was the automobile messiah we were promised by Daimler Benz in 1954.
His 70+years spent in Japan, China, Zimbabwe, Croatia, Australia etc also gave credence to his credentials as the auto messiah but now we know better.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by mammanbawa: 8:46am On Oct 10, 2021
dru23:

This is not a good sign at all . if there was sign of leak on the ground . Than good news at least u can try to trace the leak ... But if there is no sign of any leaks at all .. It means the oil is burning somewhere and more than likely the engine is bad .. You can always ask for a second opinion .........what type of oil were u using?

So my mechanic advice to top the engine with 20w50 and sell the car.. So anytime a buyer comes to look at the car . we start the car up to clear up the smoke before any buyer shows up . And that is how we were able to sell the car .. And from there on I vowed never to use 20w50 oil again.......

7 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by zabimaru: 8:47am On Oct 10, 2021
dru23:

Change topic ...lolz

How many engines of does tokunbo xc90 have u change... You stated that you let any potential buyers know of such changes.......

My theory here is most of those xc90 are auctions vehicle.. Meaning from the ones that have engine issues to blown gaskets. Am sure when u do get them u change the engine without letting the buyers know of such. Now in my case, it is different because I avoid auctions cars as much and deal with private sellers that want to sell the vehicle..........

Now from experience from doing uber and selling cars. You have mechanics that are so good in replacing engine that when a buyer comes, he / she will not know the difference if engine has been replace .. It takes a patient mechanic to detect any such things..so all that bull sh#t u said u let buyers know of any changes like engine replacement to be specific is all smoke and mirrors

Ok.

But for what it's worth, valarinz has never claimed to be blameless and spotless like you. Its just sad that you are no different from the rest.

I'm sure you still sell genuine oils because I'm pretty certain when you eventually start producing synthetic oils in your backyard by mixing different mineral blends and resealing, you will not be sensible enough to keep it away from the public.

At least we can bank on that.

Just another Nigerian Fraudulent dealer like the rest of them.

Pueeehhh.

5 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by mammanbawa: 8:49am On Oct 10, 2021
dru23:

I have preached over and over for car buyers to do their due diligence when u buying cars .. Few hear most don't ......

When I say Toyota is the most abused cars especially naija used nobody wan hear.. When people see used Toyota for sale , they loose their senses. And forget to due diligence.....

And when buyers see good deals that is worth the money. The buyers will start pricing the car like nonsense... So it is tough market for both parties...

Ladies and gentlemen, a CRIMINAL in disguise

5 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by zabimaru: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=mammanbawa post=106605260][/quote]

I think he's in church.

Imagine a fraudster that goes to church, how ironic.
And he'll pay tithes from the proceeds of crime without remorse while the victim suffers in penury, using hard earned money to buy scrap and still having to use funds meant for other things to fix the scrap.

So sad.!!

Only very very few dealers are transparent and most of them haven't even crossed border.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Mokelu: 10:24am On Oct 10, 2021
9icetoo:

Senior demeanour, you no see that kind thing?
wink

E shock me oooo

D guy no con get shame, he still dey defend nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:10am On Oct 10, 2021
dru23:

This is so sad.

dru23:

Aren't you the one that knows a Volvo engine seller in ladipo ... Haven't u bought engines for your tokunbo Volvo before ... Was the buyer aware that u bought a tokunbo engine at ladipo before selling the car

Where do Foreign used parts popularly called tokumbor come from?

They are mostly parts from accidented and salvaged vehicles from Europe, Canada and Japan, USA . Etc

The only reason why most people sell used cars with mechanical issues in the USA is because of the cost of LABOUR! Labour is cheap here in Nigeria and so you can buy a Camry with a bad engine for 1000 bucks, ship it real cheap here.

Buying tokumbor engines is even a good thing since you didn't say he repaired them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by homeboy205: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2021
Please everyone ignore me,
I just want to book space for follow up.. thanks
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by zabimaru: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

This is so sad.

Where do Foreign used parts popularly called tokumbor come from?

They are mostly parts from accidented and salvaged vehicles from Europe, Canada and Japan, USA . Etc

The only reason why most people sell used cars with mechanical issues in the USA is because of the cost of LABOUR! Labour is cheap here in Nigeria and so you can buy a Camry with a bad engine for 1000 bucks, ship it real cheap here.

Buying tokumbor engines is even a good thing since you didn't say he repaired them.

Baba you needn't explain anything for someone who has an insanely innate affinity for fraud.

What's interesting is his lack of remorse after admitting to the premeditated fraud.

Another interesting thing is the fact that someone is sharing sentiments with a fraud, someone is actually sympathising with a fraudster. Isn't that something worthy of noting? Someone's excuse why his Lord committed fraud is that other's are doing it.

Sickening.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by zabimaru: 11:27am On Oct 10, 2021
homeboy205:
Please everyone ignore me,
I just want to book space for follow up.. thanks

We will ignore you but I implore you to perform due diligence when dealing with dru.
If possible taste the synthetic oil before pouring in your engine, it might be POWER oil mixed with grease.

8 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by homeboy205: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2021
zabimaru:

We will ignore you but I implore you to perform due diligence when dealing with dru.
If possible taste the synthetic oil before pouring in your engine, it might be POWER oil mixed with grease.

Trust me baba, I’ve been a guest member on this forum more than 5 years before joining…

I KNOW EVERYBODY… I know how things play here… a lot of time I just read and pass
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2021
zabimaru:

Baba you needn't explain anything for someone who has an insanely innate affinity for fraud.

What's interesting is his lack of remorse after admitting to the premeditated fraud.

Another interesting thing is the fact that someone is sharing sentiments with a fraud, someone is actually sympathising with a fraudster. Isn't that something worthy of noting? Someone's excuse why his Lord committed fraud is that other's are doing it.

Sickening.

Dru23 See how it is done easily, nairaland still bought it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6719355/sold-buy-use-reg-camry

3 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by zabimaru: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2021
homeboy205:

Trust me baba, I’ve been a guest member on this forum more than 5 years before joining…

I KNOW EVERYBODY… I know how things play here… a lot of time I just read and pass

Nice one bro, why I'm so concerned is how someone can be caught in the act and be so arrogant, how annoying is that?

Talking about someone that actually tries his best by purchasing tokunbo engines in his tokunbo vehicles, can dru do that?

Lemme not bore you, i await the fraud to return from church( I assume his absence here means this since he has very itchy fingers). I have a few questions I need to ask him.

Enjoy your viewing bro
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by zabimaru: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

He obviously ignores such threads.

An arrogant fraudster, sometimes i wish we had laws that can hunt for such people and put them in their place.

1 Like

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 11:50am On Oct 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Very chilled beer for you.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Lady Gave A Guy A Lift In Lagos, See What She Did To Him { Photo } / How To Choose The Right Quality Battery / Escorting A Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Port-harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.