Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? (26248 Views)

What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / "I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid) / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Bouncing2(m): 4:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Vulture
Snake
Tortoise.

Every other thing go well
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
Does tortoise taste like meat or fish?
grin

Tastes like older turkey.

1 Like

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
moneyissweet:
Onye ala owerri

grin
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by VanillaIyce(f): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
tutudesz:

Okpa shocked which tribe are you from

Delta ibo
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Artisticity1: 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2021
BEANS!!!
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by MufasaLion: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Igbira!

What's that?
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mabeni(m): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
MufasaLion:

At the bolded, I believe it's just fear. Most of these taboo or whatever is based on fear. It's natural for humans to not dare what they fear, but curiosity and experiments over the years has made people realized that most of these taboo is false and superstitions.
it's real and not just fear. Make your research on olamaboro people of kogi State taboos.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by MufasaLion: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
mabeni:
it's real and not just fear. Make your research on olamaboro people of kogi State taboos.

I'm gonna research on it.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
MufasaLion:

What's that?
A kind of soup
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by MufasaLion: 5:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

A kind of soup

All right.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
MufasaLion:

All right.
Do your people eat it?
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by tutudesz: 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
VanillaIyce:

Delta ibo
shocked What about abacha
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by MufasaLion: 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Do your people eat it?

Nope, never heard of it.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by MufasaLion: 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
tutudesz:

Who doesn't like abacha? In fact, I love it.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by tutudesz: 6:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
MufasaLion:

Who doesn't like abacha? In fact, I love it.
I for fear O! grin I love Abacha die, can eat it 3times a day
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by 47watts(m): 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
nans24:
Nairalanders, abeg am abit curious this afternoon. Regardless of whether you believe in it or not, What Food is forbidden in your culture?

Am asking because I just learnt today that snail is forbidden in my culture meanwhile i dey chop am steady. cheesy

It's forbidden to eat DOG as a TIV man
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Chochovini: 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
Bola146:

Then you need to check your senses
. Has it come to insult? Do you really have to do that. Is that how you were trained? Is that the calibre of being you are made of? No wonder that according to you, “NOTHING“ is forbidden in your culture. Now I know better. And perhaps that includes animals like Chameleons, Vultures, Lizards, Bats, Toads etc... Some type of culture sha...(spits).
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by MufasaLion: 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
tutudesz:

I for fear O! grin I love Abacha die, can eat it 3times a day

Lol

That's cool, man.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Chochovini: 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
Zeinymira:

It's not forbidden to eat it, but the sale is not allowed, we just buy it in other towns and eat
. Wow! Honestly, a beauty of this calibre should‘ve being my girl.

Pls o don‘t be pissed off with me for asking o. Would be glad to know if you can oblige me this once. Where are you from really that selling of roasted corn is a taboo? Just curious. No hard feelings pls.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Bola146(f): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
Chochovini:
. Has it come to insult? Do you really have to do that. Is that how you were trained? Is that the calibre of being you are made of? No wonder that according to you, “NOTHING“ is forbidden in your culture. Now I know better. And perhaps that includes animals like Chameleons, Vultures, Lizards, Bats, Toads etc... Some type of culture sha...(spits).

Keep naming your relatives names cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Chochovini: 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Bola146:

. Your great ground usless ancestors you mean?
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Chochovini: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
Bola146:

. Your great ground usless ancestors you mean? Thats if you even have any at all. Product of orphanage like you. Hence you don‘t have any knowledge about your carnivorous culture where NOTHING is forbidden.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Bola146(f): 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
Chochovini:
. Your great ground usless ancestors you mean? Thats if you even have any at all. Product of orphanage like you. Hence you don‘t have any knowledge about your carnivorous culture where NOTHING is forbidden.

Ewu cheesy Pele, you will be alright when you inform them at home wink

2 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Chochovini: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Bola146:

Ewu cheesy Pele, you will be alright when you inform them at home wink
. Look at this Product of different sperms. Your useless father was actually an slowpoke one eyed albino who had his four teeth rot off. An effect of sucking the smelling pussy of a one time notorious and famous mad woman in your forest village.
For your info, what really disvirgin your (milf) of a mother was a Chimpanzee on one fateful day as she went to fetch some firewood. It was not clear wheather it was that disvirgining that you came about any wonder why your mom threw you away as soon as you were born prematurely some many years ago and you were found by a good samarithan like Me who took you to the nearest orphanage home around. Ewu Gambia.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Bola146(f): 4:17am On Oct 14, 2021
Chochovini:
. Pls Calm down na, haba? We ain‘t quarreling. You can‘t be this jaw-dropping beautiful and be quick to anger for a simple question. I was only surprised that roasted corn that is generally eaten especially in 9ja could be forbbiden in your culture.

Mumu, you need to check your senses asap

4 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by VanillaIyce(f): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2021
tutudesz:

It's not forbidden but I personally don't like it.
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by rickydechamp: 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
Feelings79:
Where's that bro?

Asaba

1 Like

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mirinder: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2021
debbydams:
ondo
where in ondo? Ilaje?
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by debbydams(f): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2021
mirinder:
where in ondo? Ilaje?
no akoko
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mirinder: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
debbydams:
no akoko
am from abia
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by BabbanBura(m): 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
AGurlnoname:
Snail

What culture if I may ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coca-cola Plans To Launch Its First Alcoholic Drink / Fufu Is Life. Afang And Fufu. / New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.