Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? (368 Views)

Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? / My Life Have Been Moving Smoothly After I Dumped Jesus Christ” – Nana Tonardo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by bipng: 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
Am think if our life have or purpose or is it that we are just born live for some years and then died. That is all
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Oct 09, 2021
bipng:
Am think if our life have or purpose or is it that we are just born live for some years and then died. That is all
Indeed it does have a purpose. You are meant to find out that out along the way. undecided
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by suffering: 4:46am On Oct 09, 2021
There was one user who asked the same thing yet attacked everyone he didn’t agree with. What then did he think about his question? He didn’t know. I hope it’s not you asking the same with a new account. The thread got swept away with the Nairaland tsunami. I would have posted a link.

Life is as important as you make it or as pointless as you believe it is. Honestly we should live it, gather properties, birth children, watch them do the same then die while sharing the acquired properties to them.

If you want a long-lasting name find a cure for cancer or innovate something which would change human existence as we know it. We never met Einstein nor know how he lived yet his contributions to science will aid our great great great great great grandchildren to further improve their lives. Bill Gates is more recent yet those same descendants will read about him in history books.
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Damnfailure: 5:31am On Oct 09, 2021
If it has a purpose then I curse God the giver of life because he has been partial.
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:05am On Oct 09, 2021
bipng:
You need to study the Bible with the one and only Christian group (Jehovah's Witnesses) they will use the Bible to TEACH you the purpose of life. But before then let me hint you on few things:

Humans were made in God's image {Genesis 1:26} the earth and all the beautiful things in it belongs to us {Psalms 115:16} we are to dominate all other creatures both great and small {Isaiah 11:6} so we were made to live not just for a period of time but FOREVER! Isaiah 65:21-23 compare to Psalms 37:29

So find out why we're not fulfilling all of these now as you study the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses, know God's plan regarding the future of mankind and what will be your own portion when all these troubles are gone! Daniel 12:13

My name is Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, you're welcome anytime anyday! smiley
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:02am On Oct 09, 2021
Survival
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Mleeperbother: 10:07am On Oct 09, 2021
ofcourse, life has no meaning. Why should it have any meaning?
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
bipng:

This is what it means to live under God's Curse.

As one Quote Said
"You guys are Born, Crying, Live Complaining and Die, Disappointed".

But those who put their Trust in God are as the palm tree by the beach.
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by truespeak: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
bipng:

It is filled with Purpose, for those who are Living in the Goodness of God exactly as stated in the Psalms "... Length of days (good long days), Long Life (good long life) and Peace".

But it is Horrible and Horrendous and Purposeless for those cut off from Him which of course leads them to ask this same question!
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by adaabili: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2021
If you're looking to buy ebooks in epub or pdf format,
contact "purchaseebooks@protonmail.com"

Fiction, business, self help, health etc.

specify what book you want, if it's available, the book will be sent to you via email and account details will be sent.
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by LordReed(m): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
bipng:

The purpose is the purpose you choose it to be.
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Ehiscotch(m): 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
LordReed:

In an ideal world this would be but certainly not this one.
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by LordReed(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ehiscotch:
In an ideal world this would be but certainly not this one.

I disagree. In an ideal world purpose will be uniform. It is because we are not in an ideal world that purpose is individualised.
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Ehiscotch(m): 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
LordReed:

I disagree. In an ideal world purpose will be uniform. It is because we are not in an ideal world that purpose is individualised.
So you mean life has a purpose for every individual here on Earth. Mind me asking how you came about that?
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
suffering:
There was one user who asked the same thing yet attacked everyone he didn’t agree with. What then did he think about his question? He didn’t know. I hope it’s not you asking the same with a new account. The thread got swept away with the Nairaland tsunami. I would have posted a link.

Life is as important as you make it or as pointless as you believe it is. Honestly we should live it, gather properties, birth children, watch them do the same then die while sharing the acquired properties to them.

If you want a long-lasting name find a cure for cancer or innovate something which would change human existence as we know it. We never met Einstein nor know how he lived yet his contributions to science will aid our great great great great great grandchildren to further improve their lives. Bill Gates is more recent yet those same descendants will read about him in history books.

Disposed
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mleeperbother:
ofcourse, life has no meaning.
Why should it have any meaning?

Life can be defined as an absurdity in which certain things experience an exposure to what can be experienced simultaneously (at once), accidentally (in the absence of a plan) and randomly(anyhow)
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
LordReed:

Life can be defined as an absurdity in which certain things experience an exposure to what can be experienced simultaneously (at once), accidentally (in the absence of a plan) and randomly (anyhow)

There's no limit to what can be experienced by chance
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by helinues: 6:40am On Oct 10, 2021
If life has no purpose, scientist won't be going to space?

It's all about how you make use of it
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by LordReed(m): 8:43am On Oct 10, 2021
Ehiscotch:
So you mean life has a purpose for every individual here on Earth. Mind me asking how you came about that?

I mean every individual must determine for themselves what their purpose will be. There is no overarching purpose one must subscribe to.
Re: Does Life Have A Purpose Or Not? by gideonjeta(m): 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
bipng:

Op, Life does indeed have a purpose. Just consider what our Creator thinks in his word, the Bible. The Bible teaches that Jehovah God had a specific purpose for man and woman when he created them. Jehovah gave the following command to our original parents.

Genesis 1:28. “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”

God purposed that Adam and Eve and their children make the whole earth a paradise. He did not intend that humans grow old and die; nor did he want mankind to harm the environment. Psalms 37:29 specifically says we are meant to live forever on earth.

(1) (Reply)

We've All Been Gifted - Use Your Gift. Don't Waste It!! / Ukrainian Father In Heart-Breaking Goodbye To Daughter Before Defending Country / List Of Church Workers Who Rarely Listen To Sermon On Sundays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.