Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase (19145 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Freelane33(m): 11:15am On Oct 09, 2021
No
ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Would you tell her if their is an increment and how much is added??

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

Maybe I acted wrongly , need your reasons.

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2021
yes I will
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Makanaki127: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2021
Even my mama self no know how much my papa day receive till he retire,and they are both happily married for almost 35 years now.and my dad was able to accomplish alot even without him telling mum about his salary income

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Danjikanbauchi: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2021
Bola146:
Sure! I don't pray I should marry liability or enemy of progress,. He MUST know, we are no more two but one. After God na him grin
Bola will you Mary me ? tongue
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Ofadaman(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2021
Nopes , never try it

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Vinnie2000(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2021
PHIPEX:
If your spouse is still "someone* to you then the marriage needs a help.

The question should be why do people marry whom they don't trust with their finances?

The banks are enjoying so much free monies in dormant accounts because people die and their spouses and family members are not aware of the banks they have accounts.

See you!
You talk as if you don't know dat 70% of Guys/ladies marry due to pressure, poverty or convenience!!

How many Nigerian Husbands trust dier wives and vice versa?
Don't women buy land, houses, etc without d knowledge of dier husbands? sad

So Leave dat Thing!
Anybody dat wants to Hide their Finances, Let him/her Hide! undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Newboss(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2021
Only simps do shît like that.

Stop being lovey dovey with women. They're playing the long game on you. Don't fall for it

4 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Originalsly: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2021
There shouldn't be a problem if the woman you married was wife material. If you're earning N60K salary she should know how to make that manage the home.... 1 piece meat in your food.... 1 piece in each child's food every 3 days. If you let her know if your salary increase... then you and the children will see a meat increase. So what would you prefer?... as a husband?.... buy extra meat outside to satisfy and fatten yourself?... while those at home continue chugging along the road of malnutrition? If you're a husband ... head of the home ... no problem in letting the wife know... but if you're the man in the house ... then your money is your business.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Focusmind: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2021
In all situation and circumstances, use your brain and think deep.

Don't be moved by some lies here. What ever will ensure stability and peace, do it. Not telling him or her may ensure stability. Telling him or her may equally ensure stability. Know what option to take and keep to it.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by emmykk(m): 11:27am On Oct 09, 2021
Is only a foolish man that will do that

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by ibechris(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2021
It is important u tell her.

For me,why did u marry when u know u don't trust her?

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by zedegit: 11:30am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:
It's up to you. Then again it depends largely on the kind of person your spouse is. If she's the leechy type, you know what to do.. if shes the prudent type, you know what to do.

As for me, I'm not usually after or particular about someones income because im not ready to disclose mine. So long as you carry out your financial responsibilities as at when due, no qualms.

What will be your own financial responsibilities?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by RightToReject(m): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2021
Why not! Being penny-wise and/but pound-foolish is maintaining closeness with your spouse if you don't consider them worthy enough to not only know about your financial conquest and progress but also allowing them unrestricted access to it, especially the expendable.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Obynopositive: 11:35am On Oct 09, 2021
Noooooo..... she dosnt even know my salary let alone increment.. grin
dem go de calculate am for u...

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Ofadaman(m): 11:35am On Oct 09, 2021
Do so at your own peril, a man will always need to be a man, what use is being a man is you don't have spare money to play with .

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by bukatyne(f): 11:41am On Oct 09, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Normally,if na home wey love dey,that one no suppose to be issue because na good news be that.....
But if na home wey love no dey,just know say if you mistakenly make that mistake,na from that day you use your own hand dig your own grave lipsrsealed

@bold:

Has closed the thread.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2021
zedegit:

What will be your own financial responsibilities?

Leave that to me.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Goldiness: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

PLEASE tell her and and have a heart to heart talk, so you can manage your finances.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Sivou1(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2021
"Ko jo plc", at times it depends on the partner, if the person is open and not reckless in spending why not, but if not, I will not o.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by rollandben(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2021
God forbid!!
Even if I tell her, not actual Amount.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by obembet(f): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:

There is no point hiding ur income to your wife. Only local people do that
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by zedegit: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

Leave that to me.

Your money is our money, my money is my money crew.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Frakintayo(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2021
Income is one the sensitive issues of life. It should be kept secret more often than not. Whenever you inform someone (your spouse, siblings, friends, mentors, children, lawyer, doctor, pastor) about increment in your earnings. You are exposed already, be ready to manage the effects of such action.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2021
zedegit:

Your money is our money, my money is my money crew.

Yeah, yeah. You can say that again. cool
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by KazikageSama: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:

100%. If you marry right, all these things no be big deal to do.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by ofiko123(m): 11:57am On Oct 09, 2021
Toyin tetuila...
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by YourFavorite21(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2021
So that she will now start monitoring how I spend my own money, abeg I no fit.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by AntiWailer: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
I give her the letter.

Hiding is not manly enough too.

Not being straight forward is also an act of cowardice.

If she happen to be somebody I cnt show, I wouldn't have married her in the first place.

However, please do what works for you. There is no
A-Z of life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by spiceadole: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:

My husband and I are professional colleagues and earn roughly same salary.
We both know how much each of us earn.
I wouldn't be comfortable in a union where I don't know what my spouse earns.
I don't know how people do it.
Transparency is key

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bola146:
Sure! I don't pray I should marry liability or enemy of progress,. He MUST know, we are no more two but one. After God na him grin

Gbayi!
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Makib2020(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
I will tell and keep my atm away and delete my bank app immediately...shikena grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female LAWMA Driver Spotted In Lagos (photos) / How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn / Nairalander Wins Employee Of The Month Award In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.